PDA

View Full Version : Novak and Fed's quarter's match

chatt_town
07-05-2012, 11:03 AM
What was up with Novak being on court 1 and Fed on centre court? Shouldn't Novak not have been on Centre court? I'm one of the biggest Fed's fans out there(know a guy that has all of fed's cloths before he even wears them at the open...I'm not doing that *****) but I don't understand this. Can someone explain?

joeri888
07-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Who is more popular? Federer
Who has achieved more? Federer
Who has achieved more at this venue? Federer
Who has a longer going relationship with greats Agassi and Laver? Federer
Most importantly, who leads to better TV ratings? Federer
Who had already played a match on court 1 and should be kept a friend? Federer.
Who had the bigger opponent achievement, career, fame wise? Federer
Who had the higher ranked opponent? Federer
Who would the crowd at wimbledon rather see take the title? Federer

I understand and acknowledge Djokovic's dominance atm, but that's no reason to always put him over the no. 3 soon to be no. 2 in the world.

spiderman123
07-05-2012, 11:09 AM
What was up with Novak being on court 1 and Fed on centre court? Shouldn't Novak not have been on Centre court? I'm one of the biggest Fed's fans out there(know a guy that has all of fed's cloths before he even wears them at the open...I'm not doing that *****) but I don't understand this. Can someone explain?

When they walk out on the centre court for their semi, are you going to ask about Federer getting louder cheers too?

chatt_town
07-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Nope...and if he wins and plays Murray in the finals we will see who gets the louder cheers then. Like I said, I think Fed is the goat myself. I was just curious as to why the number 1 player was playing out in the cold and wind while fed was kicking it indoors with a number 3 ranking....another poster did give some legite reasons I guess. I was waiting to hear someone say that Novak should have been indoors and why. :) I just wanted to know what others thought of that....that's all.

When they walk out on the centre court for their semi, are you going to ask about Federer getting louder cheers too?

spiderman123
07-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Nope...and if he wins and plays Murray in the finals we will see who gets the louder cheers then. Like I said, I think Fed is the goat myself. I was just curious as to why the number 1 player was playing out in the cold and wind while fed was kicking it indoors with a number 3 ranking....another poster did give some legite reasons I guess. I was waiting to hear someone say that Novak should have been indoors and why. :) I just wanted to know what others thought of that....that's all.

I had not seen the other response. I was just alluding to the fact that Federer is far more popular and people would want him to be on the center court (and the organizers too, with Laver being there, and if I can add, Laver too)

peRFection
07-05-2012, 11:30 AM

I understand and acknowledge Djokovic's dominance atm, but that's no reason to always put him over the no. 3 soon to be no. 2 in the world.

((( NUMBER 1 )))

chatt_town
07-05-2012, 11:32 AM
So guess being number 1 in men's tennis carries little weight huh? it's about who they want to see on centre court. :) I agree with you. I was just seeing how many thought the same way and if anyone thought Novak should have been on the centre court.

I had not seen the other response. I was just alluding to the fact that Federer is far more popular and people would want him to be on the center court (and the organizers too, with Laver being there, and if I can add, Laver too)

Sentinel
07-05-2012, 11:40 AM
I thought this was discussed elsewhere. Someone had said that Roger has already appeared in C1 whereas Noel has not. Perhaps they were even-ing that out.

Maybe they are also factoring in the 6 titles against 1. And that royalty were in the house, along with the Mr and Mrs Graf and of course Mr Laver.

PCXL-Fan
07-05-2012, 11:42 AM

I understand and acknowledge Djokovic's dominance atm, but that's no reason to always put him over the no. 3 soon to be no. 2 in the world and possibly no.1

This is the answer.

Cormorant
07-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Perhaps the organizers felt they couldn't trust Djokovic after his antics in the Baghdatis match last year. Personally, I'd like to see him tear up some grass in front of royals, but the AELTC would be mortified by the lack of decorum.