PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray and Grand Slam Semifinals

McEnroeisanartist
07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Murray is appearing in his 10th Grand Slam semifinal. The same number as Andy Roddick. This is one less than Jim Courier - who won 4 Grand Slams.

TigerTim
07-05-2012, 02:59 PM
A solid effort by the Slamless GOAT. 10 semis for Duck is also a great effort, Jim is in a different league.

kishnabe
07-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Wow a thread not about Federer :)

Murray best chance to break through and win the event barring 2009 Wimbledon Semifinal!

PrinceMoron
07-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Wow a thread not about Federer :)

Murray best chance to break through and win the event barring 2009 Wimbledon Semifinal!
Well, better than having to beat RF in the semis to get to ND in the final. That would have been a very tall order. I think AM is in a no win position playing JWT, to be a contender with ND, RN and RF he has to win but gets no kudos for doing so against JWT.

Mainad
07-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Well, better than having to beat RF in the semis to get to ND in the final. That would have been a very tall order. I think AM is in a no win position playing JWT, to be a contender with ND, RN and RF he has to win but gets no kudos for doing so against JWT.

What do you mean? Tsonga is the #5 seed. You talk about him as if he's some sort of journeyman Murray is playing. It's going to be a very tough match for the both of them.

FlashFlare11
07-05-2012, 04:11 PM

Tsonga is the 5th best player in the world and, at Wimbledon, is a title contender. He's extremely talented and Murray will deserve all credit if he were to beat the Frenchman.

joeri888
07-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Tsonga is the 5th best player in the world and, at Wimbledon, is a title contender. He's extremely talented and Murray will deserve all credit if he were to beat the Frenchman.

Tsonga is the sixth best.

Bud
07-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Tsonga is the sixth best.

He'll be ranked #5 if he defeats Murray tomorrow

jaggy
07-05-2012, 04:36 PM
I doubt Murray cares about kudos, at this point he should take 2 walkovers to get the title if they were possible.

The Bawss
07-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Murray is never going to win against Tsonga, not in a million years. Congrats Jo on your second slam final.

(I am anti-jinxing Murray before people come on here and say I hate him. Or am I?)

Atherton2003
07-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Breaking news...I heard Murray will finally decide to wear a pair of underpants for tomorrow's semi-final - which might give him a better chance of winning.

PrinceMoron
07-06-2012, 12:15 AM

Murray seems happy to take on all comers this final, which is just as well.

I had JWT as a lock for the semis, at the expense of whichever of ND, RN and RF was in the same half of his draw, on the basis of his attacking game, serve, record last few grass tournaments, so no he is far from an easy opponent.

But common sense suggests playing one of ND and RF is better than playing both.

And the big point is that Murray does not achieve anything until he gets to the final. Beats JWT so....? Expected, had to do it, has been a semi finalist before, lucky he wasn't facing Nadal........loses oh dear a big let down, Murray falls the fence before last.

joeri888
07-06-2012, 12:27 AM
He'll be ranked #5 if he defeats Murray tomorrow

That's a big if. And at least for 2012, he's a long way behind Daveed.

TeflonTom
07-06-2012, 12:42 AM
rankings dont tell u who is currently the best players in the world

they tell u who has been the best players in the world over the last 12 months

big difference