PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to see Murray in the final?

TenTan
07-05-2012, 04:04 PM
I sure do.

kishnabe
07-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Yes....it would be awesome. If he loses I can laugh at Britain, at Murray, would smile at the headlines when they can't apreciate how Murray came to the final which hasn't been done since 1938 Bunny Austin.( laughing at how stupid/harsh british press really are) .

If he wins, I would cry with happiness to see a guy win in his home country when the last guy who won was billions of years ago. The french crowd went berserk when Noah won. Wish to see Britain go crazy over Murray. Seeing the stupid press suck up to Murray even though they don't want to.

Nothing to lose with Murray in the final. Just hope the crowd would be intense in the final. I just wish the British Crowd would be turn French for one night.....make jeers and sneers at Fedovic in the final.

pc1
07-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Sure. It would great to see the drama of Murray trying to win Wimbledon to end the drought of titles that England has had. Talk about major pressure on someone.

joeri888
07-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Federer-Murray would be nice. Federer winning of course. In three would be nice and cruel. Murray win should be in 5.

Feņa14
07-05-2012, 04:50 PM
I think the occasion of having a Brit in the final would be something all tennis fans would have to appreciate, even if you aren't British or a Murray fan.

It's one of those things in sport where you can say you've seen a British player in the final of Wimbledon. Even if he does get there I can't see him winning, but the final would be one that sticks in the memory either way.

Virtuous
07-05-2012, 04:53 PM
No, then there'd be the possibility that he could win.

Atherton2003
07-05-2012, 04:58 PM
no...anyone but Murray.

kishnabe
07-05-2012, 05:11 PM
No, then there'd be the possibility that he could win.

Weird.....one of the guys opened up a thread you posted in which was 6 years ago!

Then you pop out of nowhere and post.........

Oh btw.....Haters gonna Hate!

If Murray is going to win....It should be against Djokovic.

If Murray is going to lose....It should be against Federer.

kelawai
07-05-2012, 06:24 PM
If he don't tear up his shirt, pull his pant or talking to himself yes, I would like to see him in the Finals. Otherwise I would prefer to see Tsongas play. I think all four semi-finalists has a good chance to win the Championship.

RCizzle65
07-05-2012, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't mind, I would rather see Tsonga though

papertank
07-05-2012, 06:30 PM
I would definitely like to see him there. Murray is at the peak age for a tennis player, if he doesn't break out soon he'll start going down hill. He's had so much harsh losses in his career, I think he's due for a big win like this. His talent certainly warrants it. I also really like the Murray/Lendl partnership and if he wins Wimbledon it would definitely cement that relationship for a long time. He gets so much crap by even his own country, a win like this would put him in the positive spotlight for a while which I think he deserves.

NADALWON
07-05-2012, 06:33 PM
I won't lose sleep over who makes the final, not important.

TeflonTom
07-05-2012, 06:37 PM
prolly wont watch the final anyway. if the sfs are exciting, im happy

Magnetite
07-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Tsonga is more exciting to watch.

DeShaun
07-05-2012, 06:47 PM
I would rather see Tsonga who plays more exciting tennis IMO

adamX012
07-05-2012, 08:43 PM
I would rather see Tsonga who plays more exciting tennis IMO

Agreeable!!!!

Ginger ninja
07-05-2012, 08:50 PM
I think he'll win it. Just have a feeling it's him against federer and Murray wins easily. Just a feeling.

adamX012
07-05-2012, 08:51 PM
I think he'll win it. Just have a feeling it's him against federer and Murray wins easily. Just a feeling.

That's the fact, ninja boy!

TheTruth
07-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Yes, yes, yes! I hope he wins the whole thing. It's his time!

borg number one
07-05-2012, 09:31 PM
I find myself rooting for him. I would be happy for him if he won the title. I think Lendl has been a good influence on him, but we'll see how the SF match goes first. He'll definitely have the crowd on his side.

hedera
07-06-2012, 12:27 AM
If Nole makes the final then I want Andy to make it as well and win.
If Roger makes the final, I want him to win but I don't want Andy to lose either. So in that case I'd rather see Andy lose in the SF. He'd recover faster from a SF loss than a final. I want him to win in any major final just not this one if Roger can win it.

Russeljones
07-06-2012, 12:32 AM
I think (this is of course pure speculation on my part) that if Federer and Murray meet in the final, Roger might underestimate Murray. He knows everything about the pressures he'd be facing and might be a little tight himself thinking "Oh this might be my last chance". This hypothesis is fairly useless considering the oher 2 men involved today have a very good chance of going through themselves (Djokovic especially might even be considered the favourite). It's just a thought that ocurred to me.

batz
07-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Yes please - that would be great.

batz
07-06-2012, 12:34 AM
I think (this is of course pure speculation on my part) that if Federer and Murray meet in the final, Roger might underestimate Murray. He knows everything about the pressures he'd be facing and might be a little tight himself thinking "Oh this might be my last chance". This hypothesis is fairly useless considering the oher 2 men involved today have a very good chance of going through themselves (Djokovic especially might even be considered the favourite). It's just a thought that ocurred to me.

I think you might be on to something Russel - it's one of the reasons that (should he make it) I'd rather Murrray played Roger rather than Novak in the final.

ViscaB
07-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Yes! Let's end the dry spell for Andy and Britain!

joeri888
07-06-2012, 12:39 AM
I think you might be on to something Russel - it's one of the reasons that (should he make it) I'd rather Murrray played Roger rather than Novak in the final.

Why would Roger be tight and underestimating at the same time. I fully agree with you picking Roger rather than Novak and I believe Murray has a great chance. Roger is not as confident in his game as he once was. However, one thing is for sure, Roger will not underestimate MUrray. He will be as pumped up as he's ever been and will be overwhelmed by inconfidence rather than overconfidence.

Russeljones
07-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Joeri I don't really think overconfidence is a prerequisite for underestimating someone. I was just speculating about the psychologcial factors that might have a bearing. Roger has nothing to fear from Murray in a Grand Slam final. He knows it and everyone knows it. Such an ironclad believe could be used to mask an underlying tightness about the ticking of grandfather time and this tightness could emerge at an inopportune moment (serving for a set, matchpoint etc. we've seen it before). Murray has the pressure of being the first man in donkey's years what-have-you but he also has nothing to lose, he's been there before and knows that nothing but his absolute best will cut it and the crowd and Federer could help him over the line.

Again, this is just one scenario out of a myriad.

joeri888
07-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Joeri I don't really think overconfidence is a prerequisite for underestimating someone. I was just speculating about the psychologcial factors that might have a bearing. Roger has nothing to fear from Murray in a Grand Slam final. He knows it and everyone knows it. Such an ironclad believe could be used to mask an underlying tightness about the ticking of grandfather time and this tightness could emerge at an inopportune moment (serving for a set, matchpoint etc. we've seen it before). Murray has the pressure of being the first man in donkey's years what-have-you but he also has nothing to lose, he's been there before and knows that nothing but his absolute best will cut it and the crowd and Federer could help him over the line.

Again, this is just one scenario out of a myriad.

Nobody knows this. It's a sample of TWO!! And the last match was over 2 years ago. Murray is younger, fitter, has a better backhand and a good first serve, as well as a great return. What's not to fear except the forehand?
I think people on these boards often overstate the importance of prior matches between two players.

Russeljones
07-06-2012, 12:55 AM
Nobody knows this. It's a sample of TWO!! And the last match was over 2 years ago. Murray is younger, fitter, has a better backhand and a good first serve, as well as a great return. What's not to fear except the forehand?
I think people on these boards often overstate the importance of prior matches between two players.

On grass Federer has about a zillion shots more than Murray, a better serve, a healthier attitude and better net play. I stand by my assessment, only Roger and the crowd can help Murray win the Final should the two meet (barring a Dragonball Z-type assension moment for the Brit ;) )

PrinceMoron
07-06-2012, 01:01 AM
I have tickets, heading to London the day before so I don't care who I see. The days of a Chris Lewis in a final are long gone.

The only downside is part of the bargain was I agreed to go to the Hampton Court Garden Show the day before. Things I agree to for tennis and a bit of peace and quiet. The Olympics is going to be strictly a boys' day out though.

See the guy who caught ND's towel let the girl next to him have it. A true gentleman, kudos to him. Hope he is sitting next to us.

joeri888
07-06-2012, 01:02 AM
On grass Federer has about a zillion shots more than Murray, a better serve, a healthier attitude and better net play. I stand by my assessment, only Roger and the crowd can help Murray win the Final should the two meet (barring a Dragonball Z-type assension moment for the Brit ;) )

Hmm, I do think that Roger performing below his best is necessary. However, this will be more due to tension than to underestimating I think. He'll take Murray seriously and while not afraid of the scot, I don't think he feels like he's always in control against Murray either.