PDA

View Full Version : Angelique Kerber- will she win a Grand Slam

Boricua
07-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Angelique Kerber has improved her ranking as she is number 8 right now and could have a better ranking after reaching Wimbledon semifinals. She was a bit inconsistent against Radwanska, maybe the effort against Lisicki affected her performance. She is pretty crafty, mixes her shots well and seems pretty disciplined. Hope she wins a Slam. Does she have what it takes?

-RF-
07-06-2012, 09:03 AM
10charsno..

cc0509
07-06-2012, 09:06 AM
She'll have her chances if she can keep her current form up.

NadalAgassi
07-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Probably. The womens field is weak enough that Kerber, Lisicki, Radwanska should all win a slam at some point. Wozniacki still never will however.

syke
07-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Nah..........

gramdacious
07-06-2012, 09:33 AM
I don't think so either. She folded like a chair against Paszek as well and Aggie took her to school. She does have talent though and has some decent power.

Cormorant
07-06-2012, 10:57 AM
If she really was drained against Radwanska, then Martina recommends an off season in Florida.

Rock Strongo
07-06-2012, 11:16 AM
She SERIOUSLY needs to work on that second serve first. It's just too attackable.

kishnabe
07-06-2012, 11:22 AM
She hasn't beaten any top ten players yet....so we shall see. I doubt it....she like Murray reaches the Semis but loses to the better players.

Boricua
07-06-2012, 12:01 PM
She SERIOUSLY needs to work on that second serve first. It's just too attackable.

Yes, I noticed that too. She has to give it more spin and power.

Boricua
07-06-2012, 12:03 PM
She hasn't beaten any top ten players yet....so we shall see. I doubt it....she like Murray reaches the Semis but loses to the better players.

She beat Wozniacki this year in clay. Won that tournament.

Boricua
07-06-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't think so either. She folded like a chair against Paszek as well and Aggie took her to school. She does have talent though and has some decent power.

I think these defeats could help her gain experience for future matches that are close. She beat Lisicki and has won other three setters in the past against tough opponents so she is pretty tough mentally.
I think she has to improve her second serve and be a bit more patient on court. She has to improve her footwork also, especially when playing baseline rallies.

jaggy
07-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Well anyone in the top 20 usually could win one.

ollinger
07-06-2012, 12:10 PM
^^ she's already going on 25, if she hasn't developed a good second serve by now it's unlikely she's going to.

Boricua
07-06-2012, 12:22 PM
^^ she's already going on 25, if she hasn't developed a good second serve by now it's unlikely she's going to.

Could be, tough too change at that point. But, when you are so close to winning a Slam, the player needs to what himself on video with his coach, go to the practice court, and improve a bit on those weak points to try and get to the next level. If not, you will be a Top Ten with no Grand Slams.
Also, lets remember that Kerber had a more or less 100 WTA ranking not long ago so her desire to improve and get better is definitely there. If she can improve even more time will tell.

El Diablo
07-06-2012, 12:53 PM
not impossible, but she's been a pro for 9 years and a junior for years before that. I'd think her game is set for the most part.

Mainad
07-06-2012, 01:05 PM

Why are you bringing Murray into it? Murray has made 4 Slam finals. How many Slam finals has Kerber reached? :confused:

jerriy
07-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Easy guys. Kerber is a relative noob to the top. There is plenty of time.

This time last year she was barely a top 100 player, now she's a multiple slam semifinalist and ranked right below Kvitova at №7.

That's enough of a feat by itself - let her at first settle where she is - up there in the mid top 10 (supported by a hopefully appropriate high caliber team around her (she needs more tactical support as the reason why she lost against Radwanska was clearly because she was outsmarted by the player with more elite level experience.

R_Federer
07-07-2012, 07:22 AM
Well she looks nice.

soyizgood
07-07-2012, 07:37 AM

Kerber beat Sharapova this year.

marpiw
07-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Angelique Kerber has improved her ranking as she is number 8 right now and could have a better ranking after reaching Wimbledon semifinals. She was a bit inconsistent against Radwanska, maybe the effort against Lisicki affected her performance. She is pretty crafty, mixes her shots well and seems pretty disciplined. Hope she wins a Slam. Does she have what it takes?YES,she will win the Grand Slam Tournament of Samoa...and everyone will be happy ever after...

c_hari_c
01-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Looking at her style of play and the 2nd serve she has, I don't see her winning a slam. Serena would double bagel her.

Vanhool
01-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Looking at her style of play and the 2nd serve she has, I don't see her winning a slam. Serena would double bagel her.

She is one of the 4 people that beat Serena last year (and one of the 2 that beat physically and mentally stable Serena last year). She won't win a slam unless she improves her serve, IMO.

smoledman
01-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Kerber isn't beating GOATapova.

fedfan46
01-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Angelique Kerber has improved her ranking as she is number 8 right now and could have a better ranking after reaching Wimbledon semifinals. She was a bit inconsistent against Radwanska, maybe the effort against Lisicki affected her performance. She is pretty crafty, mixes her shots well and seems pretty disciplined. Hope she wins a Slam. Does she have what it takes?

I doubt it. Doesn't have a great return game.