PDA

View Full Version : Olympic seeds

kendall22
07-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Anyone know if the seeds for the Olympic tournament are done using rankings before or after Wimbledon?

Nostradamus
07-06-2012, 08:13 AM
i think Joker will still be #1 seed. and it will be kind of weird because semifinal losers will play again one more match to see who gets the bronze medal.

woodrow1029
07-06-2012, 08:14 AM
They will use the rankings from the week that they do the draw.

If a country has 2 players in the draw, they will be put in separate halves. If a country has 3 or 4 players in the draw, they will be placed in separate quarters.

woodrow1029
07-06-2012, 08:15 AM
i think Joker will still be #1 seed. and it will be kind of weird because semifinal losers will play again one more match to see who gets the bronze medal.

If Federer wins on Sunday, and is #1, he will be the #1 seed.

mandy01
07-06-2012, 08:30 AM
If Federer wins on Sunday, and is #1, he will be the #1 seed.

For a moment I almost hoped that wouldn't happen because Roger hasn't won Olympics as the #1 seed. Then it struck me how ridiculous I was being because the only way he doesn't get the seed, if what you're saying is right, is if he doesn't win the final here. No way do I want that to happen (although I do like Murray). :evil::(
Roger cares a lot more about Wimbledon and we've gone through more than enough share of tough losses over the past couple of years.