PDA

View Full Version : Federer and Grand Slam Finals and Wins

McEnroeisanartist
07-06-2012, 11:42 AM
So let me get this straight, Federer has the Open Era Record for most wins at the Australian Open and is tied for the most at the U.S. Open. If he wins on Sunday, he will be tied for the most at Wimbeldon. At this worst Grand Slam, The French Open, he has the third most finals and tied for most semifinals there.

And how is he clearly not the Greatest of All Time?

atac
07-06-2012, 11:53 AM
If Federer won the French Open a bunch of times I doubt you'd be calling it the worst slam.

Mustard
07-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Federer is tied for most Australian Open wins in the open era, with Agassi on 4.

tennisbody
07-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Nobody takes anything from Federer, he is the great player, but being great is not equal with being the Greatest of All Time... especially in times when creating hereos is so easy...

Squall Leonheart
07-06-2012, 11:58 AM
If Federer won the French Open a bunch of times I doubt you'd be calling it the worst slam.

I'm pretty sure the OP meant "his worst slam" as in the court suits Federer the least compared to the other grand slams. Reading comprehension ftw

Lambo
07-06-2012, 12:02 PM
I think what laver said about fed yesterday sums it up perfectly for me. Furthermore, to finally articulate why he is the greatest by Laver was tops.

jokinla
07-06-2012, 12:07 PM
So let me get this straight, Federer has the Open Era Record for most wins at the Australian Open and is tied for the most at the U.S. Open. If he wins on Sunday, he will be tied for the most at Wimbeldon. At this worst Grand Slam, The French Open, he has the third most finals and tied for most semifinals there.

Of course he is, but some people will never be convinced. If he wins Sunday, he'll have the #1 record, but he won't have the Olympic singles gold. Well let's say he comes back and wins that, then they'll say, yeah but Nadal has the better h2h, so in any logical person's eyes he already is, but to others.

TMF
07-06-2012, 12:16 PM
If Federer won the French Open a bunch of times I doubt you'd be calling it the worst slam.So let me get this straight, Federer has the Open Era Record for most wins at the Australian Open and is tied for the most at the U.S. Open. If he wins on Sunday, he will be tied for the most at Wimbeldon. At this worst Grand Slam, The French Open, he has the third most finals and tied for most semifinals there.

I think he meant to say the FO is Federer worst slam, which it is.

Lambo
07-08-2012, 10:07 AM
yup the worst slam? a slam in which he regularly reached the semis and finals in the last 7 years as well as winning it. Worst slam? because he lost to the best clay court player in the history of the game. The man is a legend.

Bruce39
07-18-2012, 06:44 AM
It's clear to most he is GOAT. And that's all that really counts. Especially if perception is reality :)