PDA

View Full Version : Federer generous comments about Sampras

BorisBeckerFan
07-06-2012, 12:51 PM
In today's interview Fed had some nice things to say about Pete. Wish there wasn't as much animosity here when discussing current and past champions.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/interactive/multimedia.html you'll have to click on Fed's interview.

BorisBeckerFan
07-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Interviewer:
Roger, how would you describe what Pete Sampras's record and his legacy mean to you?

Federer:
Well, everybody knows what a hero he is to me and how much I admire what he's been able to achieve in tennis.
I mean, he obviously, I don't think he ever lost a grandslam final here at Wimbledon. He won 7 out of 7 which is just incredible.
Particularly in the times he played against all these big severs and were things were you know, a bit more unpredictable let's say.
So I am very proud to have a shot of equalling Pete. Right now the focus is oboviously resting and preparing for the next match.

90's Clay
07-06-2012, 01:06 PM
"And were thing were you know, a bit more unpredictable lets say".

Fed in other words saying, todays Grass court field is CRAP!!

Swissv2
07-06-2012, 01:09 PM
And Fed also talks more about his strategy than I have ever heard before. Excellent Interview! Edit: You have to click the interview he had Live @ Wimbledon Studio

BorisBeckerFan
07-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Fed could of already had 7 Wimbledon's if the court's weren't so slow relative to the past. Towards the end the 2 weeks with enough heat and worn out grass it's not that different a bounce from clay.