PDA

View Full Version : At last! A different final.

Paul Murphy
07-06-2012, 06:54 PM
At last, the final of a major without Nadal or Djokovic.
I like both those players but their mortgage on recent finals has been a little tedious.
Looking forward to Fed/Murray.

frinton
07-06-2012, 09:26 PM
At last, the final of a major without Nadal or Djokovic.
Looking forward to Fed/Murray.

I agree completely (on that part) :)

jokinla
07-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Ironic that had Djoker won, it would have been the first time since 02 that the Wimbledon final didn't have either Fed or Nadal, so while it's a recent change, it's still somewhat familiar for Wimbledon.

Sentinel
07-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Ironic that had Djoker won, it would have been the first time since 02 that the Wimbledon final didn't have either Fed or Nadal, so while it's a recent change, it's still somewhat familiar for Wimbledon.
Sorry, your logic fails. You cannot say Fed OR Nadal.
Fed has not been in a final since 2009, so it is not familiar.

What's good is that we will have 3 different slam winners this year. If Sunday's loser can win the USO, then we'll have 4 different winners.

Xavier G
07-06-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm surprised neither Djokovic nor Nadal made the final. I like the Federer-Murray matchup abyway. Fed is my favourite player nowadays, but may the best man win. Murray has the chance to make that final step and win a Major.

jokinla
07-07-2012, 08:57 AM

What's good is that we will have 3 different slam winners this year. If Sunday's loser can win the USO, then we'll have 4 different winners.

Sure thing pal, I "cannot say Fed", because in the last 10 Wimbledon finals, he's been in 8, but good point, I "cannot say Fed", now get back to work, I think the slushee machine is broke again.

jokinla
07-09-2012, 01:26 AM

Can I say Fed now??????????