PDA

View Full Version : So,Was Nadal injured or Didnt have a chance?

DoubleDeuce
07-06-2012, 09:43 PM
...against a possesed Rosol?

He now says he had tendinitis, who actually buys his claim?

Does the loss affect his Olympic and USO chances?

BorisBeckerFan
07-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Regardless, Rosol played about as good as one can hope to play. He lined up his shots and maid them. Not much anyone can do about that. He could of beaten just about anyone that day the way he was playing unless the opponent was also on a similar hot streak.

BorisBeckerFan
07-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Nadal's chances have neither increased nor decreased because of this loss. He has a pretty good chance at the gold even though obviously not the favorite and a fair chance at the USO with the right draw. Nothing has really changed for him other than an earlier than expected loss. He's always injured so not much has changed their either.

Chyeaah
07-06-2012, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he has tendinitis since he has been grinding on every court for over 20 years?

JustBob
07-06-2012, 10:02 PM
He was clearly injured. It's a well known fact that Nadal never loses when he's healthy. That's what I learned on this forum. ;)

Jack Romeo
07-06-2012, 10:06 PM
i think the tendinitis thing was just an excuse to postpone the exo against novak.

with regards to him losing early, he deserved it. he didn't play his best and rosol played exactly the type of game that can beat nadal, especially on a fast court.

i think that of the big 3, nadal is the most vulnerable to upsets, if you look solely at his type of game. he is the most likely to be upset by another player who zones in against him. federer is more naturally aggressive, has too many other weapons and can shift gears, although even he is also vulnerable to a zoning opponent (soderling, berdych - basically the same types of players who can beat nadal). djokovic (at least the 2011-2012 version) is too solid on all the important shots as well as defense, court positioning and movement. nadal's tendency to stay too far back and leave his shots short has been exploited many times in the past (blake, youhzny, gonzalez). that it hasn't happened more often is a testament to his mental strength. but even the most mentally tough players can lose if they are playing the wrong type of game against an opponent in the zone.

WhiskeyEE
07-06-2012, 10:14 PM
He probably has tendinitis year round. That isn't a disease or an injury; it's a symptom of irritation. It's also incredibly easy to alleviate with anti-inflammatories. He's full of ****.

DoubleDeuce
07-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Nadal's chances have neither increased nor decreased because of this loss. He has a pretty good chance at the gold even though obviously not the favorite and a fair chance at the USO with the right draw. Nothing has really changed for him other than an earlier than expected loss. He's always injured so not much has changed their either.

I disagree with the bold statement.

His ranking has changed and that's important. He is now more likely to go through Djoker to get to final and that lower his chances to win any tournament.

Clarky21
07-06-2012, 10:28 PM
He probably has tendinitis year round. That isn't a disease or an injury; it's a symptom of irritation. It's also incredibly easy to alleviate with anti-inflammatories. He's full of ****.

Wrong. Chronic tendonitis is usually an overuse injury,and is inflammation of the tendon,not irritation. It can be incredibly painful,and limits mobility and flexibility. It's way more serious than you make it out to be,and if you ever had to suffer it,I'm sure you would change your tune really quick. I also read that Nadal also has some tendonosis,which is where the tendons deteriorate. That's way beyond just inflammation,and way more serious as well.

No it's not. Ask Darren Cahill just how easy it is to treat knee tendonitis,and you'll see what I mean.

DoubleDeuce
07-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Wrong. Chronic tendonitis is usually an overuse injury,and is inflammation of the tendon,not irritation. It can be incredibly painful,and limits mobility and flexibility. It's way more serious than you make it out to be,and if you ever had to suffer it,I'm sure you would change your tune really quick. I also read that Nadal also has some tendonosis,which is where the tendons deteriorate. That's way beyond just inflammation,and way more serious as well.

No it's not. Ask Darren Cahill just how easy it is to treat knee tendonitis,and you'll see what I mean.

If it's so serious and painful and limits mobility how is it that he plays for 5 sets and then we find out that he had tendinitis?

NadalAgassi
07-06-2012, 10:45 PM
He wasnt seriously injured. He just played major crap on grass in all his few matches on grass this year for whatever reason, probably something on par with his mug grass courter days of 2003-2005, and ran into a guy playing like a top 3 player for a day on top of that. Nadal played like someone who deserved to go 2-2 on grass this year, lets put it that way.

Clarky21
07-06-2012, 10:45 PM
If it's so serious and painful and limits mobility how is it that he plays for 5 sets and then we find out that he had tendinitis?

Please do some research on tendonitis if you want to know just what it really is,and how painful it can be. I'm just wasting my time trying to explain it,because the extreme Nadal hate here trumps any common sense,or ability to be objective whatsoever.

NADALWON
07-06-2012, 10:54 PM
...against a possesed Rosol?

He now says he had tendinitis, who actually buys his claim?

Does the loss affect his Olympic and USO chances?

Nadal won 2010 Wimbledon with tendinitis, and had the same procedure done just after Wimbledon that he is currently undergoing. So I'm not sure if tendinitis is the difference between winning and losing. He can win with it, he can lose with it.

rafan
07-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Nadal and Federer have met the Rossils type many times before and they have beaten them. I knew after the first match at Wimbledon that Rafa was not in it for the long term. He wanted the FO this year more than any match and he got it. He spent a lot of time relaxing and at the beach which he hadn't done before Wimbleon and also Djokovic took his girlfriend to Scotland. I t looks to me as if both didn't want Wimbledon as much as Fed/Murray do

WhiskeyEE
07-06-2012, 11:29 PM

No, tendinitis is not an injury. It's a physiological response that often occurs following an injury.

I've had chronic tendinitis and tendinosis. Any inflammatory issue can be alleviated easily with anti-inflammatories. It won't fix the underlying issue (overuse is only one reason for irritation. Many things can irritate it, such as impingement, not just overuse), but it will let him play pain free.

Tendinosis is obviously a different issue altogether. Everyone has some degree of that. That won't go away until he retires.

Sentinel
07-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Nadal and Federer have met the Rossils type many times before and they have beaten them. I knew after the first match at Wimbledon that Rafa was not in it for the long term. He wanted the FO this year more than any match and he got it. He spent a lot of time relaxing and at the beach which he hadn't done before Wimbleon and also Djokovic took his girlfriend to Scotland. It looks to me as if both didn't want Wimbledon as much as Fed/Murray do

Come on, Rafan. How can you not want WO. Esp for Joker who lost at RG and needs to assert himself this year. Why would Fed want WO more than Joker.

I think Nadal had a bad day. A freak loss. He could well have been in the final tomorrow with a huge chance of winning it. Maybe he was overconfident and didn;t have a game plan. Maybe he came in expecting a light warmup. I think that kind of thing once happened with Henin and Bartoli.

fednad
07-06-2012, 11:43 PM

That was very accurate....

TheNatural
07-07-2012, 01:16 AM
Nadal was obviously injured and thus well below his best for Rosol to have a hope:

"I am a little sad that it is not me who is playing. I had to cancel an exhibition I was due to play against Novak Djokovic in the Bernabéu stadium in Madrid next Sunday for my foundation because I am still having some problems with my knees.

I needed a couple of infiltrations after the French Open final and I was not at my best to play at Wimbledon. I am very sorry for that but I have to look after myself first."

Murrayfan31
07-07-2012, 01:18 AM
How dumb is Nadal to play in Halle if he had tendinitis. I'm tired of his whining.

Defcon
07-07-2012, 01:29 AM
Typical Nadal sore loser excuse, he's a disgrace to the sport.

NADALWON
07-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Nadal won 2010 Wimbledon with tendinitis, and had the same procedure done just after Wimbledon that he is currently undergoing. So I'm not sure if tendinitis is the difference between winning and losing. He can win with it, he can lose with it.

How dumb is Nadal to play in Halle if he had tendinitis. I'm tired of his whining.

I already told you in the above post, Nadal has no problem playing with tendinitis. He's played in pain many times during his career successfully, and he needed to get a couple of grass matches in before Wimbledon to adjust to the surface. I don't understand why some people think Nadal can't play when he has tendinitis pain. He plays in pain a lot. But no point playing an exhibition in pain when he needs to receive treatment before the Olympics.

DoubleDeuce
07-07-2012, 05:08 AM

Please do some research on tendonitis if you want to know just what it really is,and how painful it can be. I'm just wasting my time trying to explain it,because the extreme Nadal hate here trumps any common sense,or ability to be objective whatsoever.

Seems like you have done your research and I went with what you said it is. Painful, limits mobility and flexibility.

You ducked the question. If Nadal has Tendinitis how is that he wins RG only weeks ago and plays a 5 set match at wimbledon before we find out about it?

rafan
07-07-2012, 05:09 AM
Come on, Rafan. How can you not want WO. Esp for Joker who lost at RG and needs to assert himself this year. Why would Fed want WO more than Joker.

I think Nadal had a bad day. A freak loss. He could well have been in the final tomorrow with a huge chance of winning it. Maybe he was overconfident and didn;t have a game plan. Maybe he came in expecting a light warmup. I think that kind of thing once happened with Henin and Bartoli.

Well did Djoko play like he normally does against Federer or Nadal in the semis?. At the end he nearly gave him the match. I just hope that Nadal and Djoko are still as focused as they used to be and not getting slightly fed up with whole tennis world of training/injuries/travelling, because I cannot see many coming up through the ranks. I had thought that Tomic wold be a good contender and Gulbis still has great potential but the results at Wimbledon are disturbing this year.

rafan
07-07-2012, 05:16 AM
No, tendinitis is not an injury. It's a physiological response that often occurs following an injury.

I've had chronic tendinitis and tendinosis. Any inflammatory issue can be alleviated easily with anti-inflammatories. It won't fix the underlying issue (overuse is only one reason for irritation. Many things can irritate it, such as impingement, not just overuse), but it will let him play pain free.

Tendinosis is obviously a different issue altogether. Everyone has some degree of that. That won't go away until he retires.

Yes it can be fixed with ant-inflammatory drugs but what effect do these pills have on the digestive system? Even the coated pills aren't easy to absorb if you take them for a long time. I mean how long can you go on painting over the cracks when all the time the situation is getting worse. People like Nadal with his game to the extreme is unlikely to benefit long term from this medication

mistik
07-07-2012, 05:24 AM
I disagree with the bold statement.

His ranking has changed and that's important. He is now more likely to go through Djoker to get to final and that lower his chances to win any tournament.

He may face with Fed on semis as well which can make the life easier for him.:)

WhiskeyEE
07-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Yes it can be fixed with ant-inflammatory drugs but what effect do these pills have on the digestive system? Even the coated pills aren't easy to absorb if you take them for a long time. I mean how long can you go on painting over the cracks when all the time the situation is getting worse. People like Nadal with his game to the extreme is unlikely to benefit long term from this medication

Not good. I was thinking more along the lines of injections, which are bad for you as well. But the thing is, tendinitis isn't something that just comes and goes in a day or two. You get it when your tendons get damaged. They fray and, if you keep up what you're doing, they can eventually tear.

If he has such a bad case of it that he has to constantly take drugs, then he should be managing his schedule better so that his tendons can heal every few months. If it's minor and he's planning to take time off in the near future, then drugs should be fine.

TenFanLA
07-07-2012, 10:28 AM
As a highly respected and renowned physician, I can tell you that Nadal's tendinitis can only be cured by applying red clay to the soles of his shoes.

Gorecki
07-07-2012, 11:08 AM
so lets see the *******s flavour of the week.

Nadal was in fact injured and is in fact a wimp...

right!!! memo received