PDA

View Full Version : vacation somewhere

bdawg
08-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Hey Guys

I wanna go on vacation somewhere and I am dying to play on red clay. Does anyone know any good destinations (Cuba) or somwhere decent where one can play on red clay as well as enjoy the local surroundings?

thanks

MLoutch
08-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Cuba???

look at Club Med if you want an island vacation - they have a few set ups that offer red clay - also look at the islands of St Martin, Guadalupe, Martinique there are plenty of resorts that have the real red stuff.

in Florida most all of the clubs have har tru (green clay) - north of Tampa Saddlebrook resort has two red clay courts and two grass courts - i have stayed there very very nice - they have tennis programs - Tampa is nice and if you hire a car there is lots to do.
If you want something different in Houston the Westside Tennis club has a set up with a bunch of Red Clay courts built and maintained by the same group that does the courts at the French open, 4 grass courts put in by the folks at Queens club in London, a bunch of Deco turf II like the us open and Rebound Ace courts like those at the Australian open. it's a "Play the World" thing that the owners put in.

Since Houston is such a HOT tourist destination - you will need to get a car and go visit places like Galveston, San Antonio, Austin (Hill Country)...etc -

atatu
08-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Cuba has the Che Guevara Tennis club, which in awesome. If you want someplace cool, climate wise, I think there's a hotel in New Hampshire with red clay courts ? Hotel Washington ? Check Tennis Resorts Online, a great resource.

MLoutch
08-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Cuba has the Che Guevara Tennis club, which in awesome. If you want someplace cool, climate wise, I think there's a hotel in New Hampshire with red clay courts ? Hotel Washington ? Check Tennis Resorts Online, a great resource.

Gotta love it - a Che Guevara tennis club - awesome. whats next the Lenin Golf and Spa Resort (with a great view of GITMO).
How about Trotsky's - all inclusive resort - you will enjoy yourself, or else!

sorry off topic - but che guevara tennis club - ha ha - killer only in Cuba (ok maybe Oakland or Madison)