PDA

View Full Version : revo4000

mr. stevo
05-04-2004, 01:58 PM
hi, i was just wondering if anyone new what the difference between the revo4000 and the axis pro? it seems that the only difference i can possibly see is the little metal peice of metal that the clamps rest on the base and a full sized stand... is it really worth the extra 200 dollars? thanks

Gaines Hillix
05-04-2004, 02:57 PM
Contact Mark Gonzalez at Alpha for details; mark@alphatennis.com. I believe the Axis and Revo are the same machine except for the stand. I believe the Axis Pro has a heavier turntable and an upgraded frame mount.

mr. stevo
05-04-2004, 04:47 PM
thanks for the reply gaines, so if i wanted to buy a machine that would last me for a while would the axis pro be a better investment? it is just that i don't really need the stand, but the axis pro has better built quality.

Gaines Hillix
05-05-2004, 03:37 PM
I always recommend buying as much machine as you can afford, so to speak. I think stringing machines are one of those things where you definitely get what you pay for. Anyway, I would recommend contacting Mark before buying any of the Alpha machines and tell him I said hello.

Simbah2004
05-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Gaines, I'm getting the Revo 4000... How long would it take a "rookie" stringer to get good and have consistent results on a crank machine?

Gaines Hillix
05-22-2004, 03:06 PM
simbah, I was doing o.k. using 2 pieces of string on my own racquets after several restringing jobs(5-6). However, I am still learning after 4 years of stringing and having passed my CS and MRT exams.