PDA

View Full Version : Head LM vibration dampeners

sanitarium
05-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Just a little problem encountered with them, I know you put them on the bottom of the strings but I really can't fit them inbetween the strings... I feel like i'm gonna bust the strings because of the amount of push the dampener puts on it, and I haven't even completely gotten it on yet, I have to bend the strings so much I just stop. I use a lm prestige mp by the way, 18x20.

Any comments/suggestions eh? :P

neutral
05-04-2004, 05:50 PM
I play with the mid version and I had no problem putting it in. It's easier if you insert the smaller side in first then turn it so that the other side is almost parallel to the strings then it should fit in with no problems.

sanitarium
05-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Ok, thanks for the reply. Just 2 questions:

1) You put it below the bottom cross right?

and 2) Was there much bend in the strings? Mine is strung at 57lbs, maybe that's why they bend more but I dont know

ProStaffTour90
05-05-2004, 11:33 AM
it would be surprising if you broke the strings, just put your back into it! Also i think it is illegal to have above your bottom cross, not sure!

tarheelbornjohn
05-05-2004, 12:48 PM
You are correct, it is against USTA rules to have any thing like a vibration dampener above the bottom cross. I got it in fine with my LM Prestige MP. The strings are very close together and the big wilson vib damp I use gets pushed out by the strings from time to time. I think I am going to use a worm. However, I like the air foil effect. Anything I can do to slow down my swing some.

sanitarium
05-05-2004, 02:41 PM
hey tarheel, whats your aim/ icq / msn if you have it?

tarheelbornjohn
05-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Sorry, don't have it. But come here often.

cheezecake
05-10-2004, 02:51 PM
How do those LM vibration dampeners look like?