PDA

View Full Version : Male breasts (/***** ****)

needtogetfit
05-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Hey guys, just trying to get fit recently after a long layoff from tennis and exercise in general due to a serious injury. I have noticed over the years when i was out of sport i have put on a fair bit of weight some of which has settled around my breasts. I am now running 3-4 times a week and at the gym 2-3 times a week and trying to eat as healthily as possible. Anyway, does anyone have some tips for getting rid of the excess fat around my bust and adding some muscle? Any particular exercises that work? I really dont want to have to go under the knife! BTW, i am only 25 so i am sure they are treatable outside of surgery! Thanks guys!

perfmode
05-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Just lose some weight. The fat will disappear evenly. There is no way to reduce the fat there alone. You have to reduce all of your body fat for them to disappear. It just takes time. You can build muscle under them for now but they will flap around til you lose the overall chub.

K!ck5w3rvE
05-14-2004, 04:08 AM
lol why don't you get one of those fat loss things that they sell on danoz direct.....i bet they work.......lol

gmlasam
06-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Do lots of cardio to lose fat, and to really tone up your chest do multiple chest exercises, at least three different exerceses like flat benchpress, inclines, and pec flys. Hit your chest muscles from different angles so they tone up better and faster.

I laugh at these people who just do one exercise per body part and complain they are not gaining any muscle tone.

Mikael
06-07-2004, 02:28 PM
I'm not too sure more than 3 chest exercises would help our friend that much. It might be too much volume. Besides, there's not really such a thing as "hitting your chest from different angles". Your chest muscle fibers contract as a whole (okay, there are two heads, the sternal and the clavicular one but the second one there is ridiculously small and unless you're a professional bodybuilder you won't gain anything from training both separately).
What you want for the chest is more like three exercies *maximum* (and certainly less than 3 if you work out your chest more than twice a week). One compound exercise (like the bench press), and one isolation exercise (like the fly). You can throw in one more compound exercise if you feel like it (incline bench press, dips, ...)

dennis1188
07-12-2004, 01:59 PM
IMO, light running/fast walking 'road work' every non-tennis day (45-60 mins) w/ pair of 4 lbs. each 'free weights' (do this everyday, the first 3 weeks r toughest after 3 months, i only needed 4 hours sleep each night . Yu need to work the upper and lower body, both sametime.
BTW, stay away from pizza and cheese, this stuff takes months of work to get off the weight/fat. Increase daily intake water , min. 1 gallon.

joebedford
07-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Pushups.

Aoya
07-16-2004, 05:51 PM
Cardio is NOT the way to lose weight quickly. Weight lifting gives you MUCH more calorie burnage than cardio does. Combine it with stretching to maintain flexibility, and you should be down in no time.

Rickson
07-16-2004, 10:20 PM
Building muscle can help you burn a lot of calories, even at rest. Build muscle all around and not just in your chest because you can't reduce fat in one spot anyway, spot reduction's a myth. Build muscle and burn more calories, you'll lose those **** in no time.

Ronaldo
07-17-2004, 08:24 AM
The only guys that I saw with the excess breasts problem were powerlifters that stopped lifting. They NEVER lost that 44 F look. To lose that look you may need to lose fat. Long, slow runs worked for me, 90 minutes each session.

Marc C.
07-18-2004, 07:47 PM
We call them tig bitties.