PDA

View Full Version : Hi, my name is Matt....and I'm addicted to topspin.

Matt H.
05-05-2004, 09:49 PM
well, i knew it was going to happen. After playing the game 1 time, it was constantly on my mind.

I walked into a video game store at a local mall, and saw an xbox set-up to play. It had the demo disc with topspin on it. After playing it again, i walked out with an xbox and the game. :oops:

signed,

topspin's newest victum

ucd_ace
05-05-2004, 09:58 PM
I understand; I ended up with a Dreamcast because of Tennis 2k2. I had an X Box when Topspin came out so I just got it the first day it came out. The only problem I have with it is that the computer is just too easy. No worries, you're not the only one who's been consumed by a tennis game.

strife726
05-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Do you play online?

topspin
05-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Oh ok, lol, I thought I had a fan, hahaha

normnmiles
05-10-2004, 01:32 PM
hehe...I just got it yesterday. Haven't had much time to play it yet but oh man am I excited. :D

Matt H.
05-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Do you play online?

not yet. No money leftover to buy Xbox live. I will eventually, though.

strife726
05-10-2004, 08:45 PM
okay sweet I'll look for you then :)

PHSTennis
05-10-2004, 09:55 PM
I got kinda addicted to it too, career mode is really interesting... well PS2 is making one with better graphics... its coming out in like summer or something I forgot

strife726
05-12-2004, 08:47 AM
Well, if someone here is one of the 15,000 ranked online players, post your game tag and ill invite you for a match...im a former #1 and currently ranked 6, so i promise you a good match.

waterpro
05-13-2004, 08:40 AM
Do you play online?

not yet. No money leftover to buy Xbox live. I will eventually, though.

Do you have DSL or a cable modem? Do you have a router or a hub for you computer? If you do, there is a free site out there called

www.xbconnect.com

It acts just like xbox live but is free! I have been on it playing halo for the past few weeks. There are over 100 people on there all the time. I am not sure if there is support for topspin but you should check it out. Basically you connect your xbox and computer up to the same router or hub. Then you install the xbconnect software on your computer. After it is installed start the software and then turn on your xbox. The software tricks the xbox into thinking it is on a service like xbox live. It is great.

Like I said I have been on for 3 weeks playing people Halo with people from all over the us. Just make sure you have at least a 128 upload speed though or you won't be able to use it.

Anyway, though I would put that out there if you guys haven't heard of it yet.

bfonz7
06-04-2004, 07:00 PM
if you guys are looking for a match add bfonz7 to your buddy lists on Live..

Im a solid player against the computer but get whipped in Live, i think i have won a total of 3 matches.

the serving is so sluggish when i play online i get broken everytime....anyone else have the gameplay change online? im using dsl too

strife726
06-05-2004, 09:42 AM
I have a cable modem and don't have any problems when i play matches with the lag meter all green. If you watch the lag meter, just stay away from matches that don't have green in it, and you should be fine. You can add me if you want to play, GT= Lionsglare7

Brettolius
06-08-2004, 12:48 PM
do u guys talk when your playing? noone ever says anything whenever i play xbox live, an i wanna bs about tennis an' stuff a little bit...

bfonz7
06-08-2004, 02:59 PM
whats your xbox tag id....mines bfonz7, go ahead and add me to your friends list so we can play some matches

strife726
06-10-2004, 08:20 PM
hey bfonz7 whats up? This is lionsglare7, those were some fun matches we had going. Some nice long rallys in them too! If we had enough TW posters playing this game, we could get some tournamets going again. We use to have a bit of them about 2 months ago.

@Brettolius I normally don't have a headset on because i find them annoying when playing. Plus I had some matches where people are just going on trying to be annoying. But if i know before hand someone wants to talk ill throw it on.

bfonz7
06-10-2004, 08:26 PM
those were probably some of the best matches i have played, i can never get games off of top like 600 players....but i thought that second match was a hell a first set..and then you figured out my strategy in the 2nd.

im slowly getting better and better at the online game, i had mastered the career mode but thats not saying much. plus my guy is a exact copy of Guga hahaha

Brettolius
06-11-2004, 10:00 AM
fella's, my tag is major smoker, i'd like to get on this weekend sometime, haven't played the game in a while...