PDA

View Full Version : Are you guys ready for another grind fest?

tistrapukcipeht
09-09-2012, 08:08 AM
At AO Murray and Djokovic, then Djokovic Vs Nadal, now Djokovic VS Ferrer is already showing it again.

Murray and Djokovic will be the same thing, 50 shots rally grind fest.

ITf may need to look into speeding things again, changing balls and court speed, because this is boring and kills the players longevity too.

Vcore89
09-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Technical superiority for an exhaustive period of time is what makes it great. Could have been better if the grindfest is on super fast courts.:)

helloworld
09-09-2012, 08:50 AM
At AO Murray and Djokovic, then Djokovic Vs Nadal, now Djokovic VS Ferrer is already showing it again.

ITf may need to look into speeding things again, changing balls and court speed, because this is boring and kills the players longevity too.

Djokovic vs Ferrer is not even over yet. How do you know it will be Murray vs Djokovic in the Final?

The Bawss
09-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Murray Djokovic is going to be boring. You can count on me not to watch that 4 hour-snoozefest. Djokovic in 5.

Vcore89
09-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Murray straight sets Djokovic.:) ...hmmm, it is only fair Djokovic being saved by the rain should get a spanking from Murray.:)

tank_job
09-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Murray Djokovic is going to be boring. You can count on me not to watch that 4 hour-snoozefest. Djokovic in 5.

It will be over in half an hour.

6-0, 6-0, 6-0.

Murray is two leagues below Djokovic.

The Bawss
09-09-2012, 03:26 PM

6-0, 6-0, 6-0.

This is demonstrably true (5>0) but I still firmly believe that they will find a way to make the match long and boring.

jaggy
09-09-2012, 03:27 PM
I am ready for it, cant wait

Laurie
09-09-2012, 03:40 PM

6-0, 6-0, 6-0.

:lol: You seem to be judging Murray by the name of your alias, i.e tank job.

It is going to be a very close match, both guys know eachother's game well.

Unfortunately it may well be another grind fest. But IF Murray wants to win this match, he needs to turn it into a shootout. I wonder if Murray has the belief to pull the trigger earlier in the rallies later today? I don't believe he will be able to outgrind Djokovic.

tistrapukcipeht
09-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Let the grind fest start with 54 shots rally, amazing how they do that.

bluetrain4
09-10-2012, 01:15 PM
not really. I'd love to see a 5 set match with some long points, but also a variety of "big" shotmaking short points, as well as some 4-5 stroke medium points, and have it all be finished in 3 hours.

RogerRacket111
09-10-2012, 01:21 PM
More like a snooze fest!! I should dvr some of this to put me to sleep at night.

DeShaun
09-10-2012, 02:15 PM
im watching one right now.

DeShaun
09-10-2012, 02:16 PM
More like a snooze fest!! I should dvr some of this to put me to sleep at night.

exactly
10hrs

RogerRacket111
09-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm even missing Nadal with this Grind fest :( I hope this is not the future of Tennis

tistrapukcipeht
09-10-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm even missing Nadal with this Grind fest :( I hope this is not the future of Tennis

This is the future of tennis with these conditions, once Federer retires the real tennis will die.

The future of tennis is grinding everyone until they can't play anymore just look at the top 5: Djokovic, Murray, Nadal and Ferrer, pure grinders.

tennisMVP
09-10-2012, 02:27 PM

Federer-Murray was a grind-fest at Wimbledon this year too. The only slam final that wasn't a grind-fest was Nadal-Djokovic Roland Garros. The 4th set of that match is the most attacking set I've ever seen Nadal play (even more attacking than 2010 US Open). And the 3rd set is the most attacking I've seen Djokovic play too.

RogerRacket111
09-10-2012, 02:31 PM
This is the future of tennis with these conditions, once Federer retires the real tennis will die.

The future of tennis is grinding everyone until they can't play anymore just look at the top 5: Djokovic, Murray, Nadal and Ferrer, pure grinders.

If this is the future of Tennis I will stop watching Tennis. Maybe watch Fed play the senior tour :) Or wait for another savior to come along like I did when Pete retired and Hewitt was #1

Sartorius
09-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Federer-Murray was a grind-fest at Wimbledon this year too. The only slam final that wasn't a grind-fest was Nadal-Djokovic Roland Garros. The 4th set of that match is the most attacking set I've ever seen Nadal play (even more attacking than 2010 US Open). And the 3rd set is the most attacking I've seen Djokovic play too.

My *** senses are tingling...

tistrapukcipeht
09-10-2012, 02:41 PM
If this is the future of Tennis I will stop watching Tennis. Maybe watch Fed play the senior tour :) Or wait for another savior to come along like I did when Pete retired and Hewitt was #1

I'm on that bandwagon, I can't stand the type of tennis these 4 guys play, I know they're great but their tennis is rather boring.

R_Federer
09-10-2012, 03:28 PM
This is so boring. And yes this is the future. You wanna know why? Because every stupid long rally gets people off their seats at the stadium. It's like these people don't know real tennis. For a casual observer they think grindfests are amazing tennis.

SempreSami
09-10-2012, 03:40 PM
This is so boring. And yes this is the future. You wanna know why? Because every stupid long rally gets people off their seats at the stadium. It's like these people don't know real tennis. For a casual observer they think grindfests are amazing tennis.

"It isn't gymnastics or figure skating, you know."

Distance running legend Emil Zatopek when his running style was called ugly.

Djokodal Fan
09-10-2012, 03:52 PM

Why would you want to judge viewers just because you think Short points are best? Do you think you know tennis better than Nadal, Joker and Murray?

C'mon dude..... if you are not interested don't watch!

R_Federer
09-10-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm a tennis fan, obviously I want to watch the UNITED STATES OPEN.

I don't think short ports necessarily are the best. I like rallies where players are going for winners. This is just ridiculous and I'm not blaming the players the most...the court has slowed down incredibly at the US Open over the last 5 years or so. The balls seem incredibly slow.

LOL @ your username...says it all.

RogerRacket111
09-10-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm rooting for Djoko its Andy's brand of Tennis I don't enjoy

R_Federer
09-10-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm rooting for Djoko its Andy's brand of Tennis I don't enjoy

Same....though I don't enjoy Djoker either but not as much as Murray.

tistrapukcipeht
10-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Are Y'all ready for another grind fest??

I'm not even going to bother to watch it, I just hope Djokovic wins it, meanwhile I'd rather watch Korean F1 GP instead of this match.

kishnabe
10-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Murray playing aggresive and Nole looks like 2011.

tistrapukcipeht
10-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Not my type of game, specially being around 3 am or so.

Murray isn't playing aggressive, He was still on the defense for the most part of today's match, still can't kill a low pace ball, the reason why he likes playing Fed so much is because Fed gives him the pace to work with.

Djoker will still be a baseliner more aggressive for sure, but still percentage player, with long points and a lot of running, long match it will be, 3 + hours, I will only watch F1 this time.

tistrapukcipeht
10-14-2012, 05:00 PM
I divided this match in 3 parts to watch it.

Pretty boring grind fest match for the most part of it, dramatic, yes, but nothing really interesting besides a few points.

tistrapukcipeht
11-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Another one of those matches, between them 2 grinders. Boring stuff.

Uvijek Argen
11-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Another one of those matches, between them 2 grinders. Boring stuff.

Seriously!! I agree, have the opportunity to see the final set and boy, those 2 are allergic to finish points at the net.

Bring Jerzy to London!! :)

Sabratha
11-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Am I the only one who sees Andy's tennis as an art form?

Goosehead
11-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Seriously!! I agree, have the opportunity to see the final set and boy, those 2 are allergic to finish points at the net.

Bring Jerzy to London!! :)you never know..maybe jerzy will be here next year.