PDA

View Full Version : Keep talking Djoker fans... Go Back to 1984 FO

lendlmac
09-09-2012, 01:16 PM
No one, no one gave Lendl a chance against THE most dominating player a season has ever had.... No one. McEnroe was a monster in 1984!!!

Lendl found away to beat mcenroe.....mcenroe didnt know what hit him......and you know Lendl is letting Murray know this. Its Jokers US Open to lose... Murray is hungrier than Joker....Murray has no pressure to win, but he wants it more.... Joker HAS to win to save face..If Murray loses is to a better player....murray wins is because of Lendl

Murray in 4 sets... And his 1st GS of many... Nadal and Delpo And Federer all are hoping for Andy to win as opposed to letting Joker pad up his grand slams

Headshotterer
09-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Andy Murray tomorrow during the final:
http://www.epmonthly.com/whitecoat/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/scaredy-cat.gif

gsuede
09-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Andy is the Buffalo Bills of tennis. Good enough to get to the final not enough to win. Don't give me the Olympics Fed was tired from winning the W and getting to the final. The Joker is fresh and ready to go.

ubermeyer
09-09-2012, 01:20 PM
I think Fed, Nadal are hoping for Djokovic to win so that Murray doesn't get more confidence from finally becoming a slam winner.

NikeWilson
09-09-2012, 01:21 PM
French Open wasn't McEnroe's best surface. Lendl won it a few times.

Djokovic's best surface is hardcourt.

Evan77
09-09-2012, 01:32 PM

this pretty much sums it up.

not sure what the point of this thread is. we are talking JMac/Lendl on clay and Djoko/Murray on HC:confused:.

also, tomorrow's match is a toss up, with Djoko being a slight favorite.

Mustard
09-09-2012, 02:07 PM

McEnroe was the strong favourite to win the 1984 French Open final against Lendl. At the time of the 1984 French Open, Lendl hadn't won a major (0-4 in major finals), while McEnroe had won 5 majors. McEnroe was 42-0 in 1984 going into the 1984 French Open final, and had twice beaten Lendl on clay in straight sets that year, in Forest Hills on green clay and in the World Team Cup in Dusseldorf on European orange clay. McEnroe had beaten Lendl in 8 of their previous 9 matches, going from 2-7 down in the head-to-head to 10-8 in front.

lendlmac
09-09-2012, 02:53 PM
McEnroe was the strong favourite to win the 1984 French Open final against Lendl. At the time of the 1984 French Open, Lendl hadn't won a major (0-4 in major finals), while McEnroe had won 5 majors. McEnroe was 42-0 in 1984 going into the 1984 French Open final, and had twice beaten Lendl on clay in straight sets that year, in Forest Hills on green clay and in the World Team Cup in Dusseldorf on European orange clay. McEnroe had beaten Lendl in 8 of their previous 9 matches, going from 2-7 down in the head-to-head to 10-8 in front.

Thank you! Lendl is the coach now makes all the difference. Ask Federer and Berdych and Cilic and Raonic

Murray will be pulling Joker out wide all day stretching him on the defense then easy put a way. Youll see.

tennisplayer1993
09-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Andy is the Buffalo Bills of tennis.

well put my friend

Vcore89
09-09-2012, 03:03 PM

and so is Murray's best surface as per himself.

Vcore89
09-09-2012, 03:07 PM
this pretty much sums it up.

not sure what the point of this thread is. we are talking JMac/Lendl on clay and Djoko/Murray on HC:confused:.

also, tomorrow's match is a toss up, with Djoko being a slight favorite.

...specifically at this USO's edition, like Roger getting a walkover then loses. Djokovic getting saved by the bell (er, rain)...next match, Djok should get slap around left, right and center.:)

JMac versus Lendl, are you serious? Failures at clay and grass respectively.

syc23
09-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Well people expected Djoker to complete the career GS at the FO this year only for Rafa to stop the 7 defeats in a row...

Federer20042006
09-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Gonna be hard for Murray to win given the form Djokovic is in.

But the Murray/Djokovic matches are just a "day form" sort of thing. Murray has shown repeatedly he can beat Djokovic on his day.

oy vey
09-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Nadal and Delpo And Federer all are hoping for Andy to win as opposed to letting Joker pad up his grand slams

And you know this how? Novak is nowhere near Fed or Nadal as far a GS's go. I don't know what you are thinking.

Tournament Player
09-09-2012, 05:28 PM
And you know this how? Novak is nowhere near Fed or Nadal as far a GS's go. I don't know what you are thinking.

+1.......,,,,

nethawkwenatchee
09-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Thank you! Lendl is the coach now makes all the difference. Ask Federer and Berdych and Cilic and Raonic

Murray will be pulling Joker out wide all day stretching him on the defense then easy put a way. Youll see.

Agree. This will be a tough match for sure but I look for Murray to actually dictate side to side with pressure moves to the net for put away volleys.

Also, Murray should have rested legs and I look for him to serve well, which will put pressure on the Djoker to hold serve.

I'm going to be the first to predict a straight sets title victory for Murray (much like the performance from the Olympic Gold Match against Federer)

WhiskeyEE
09-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Andy's gonna choke tomorrow just like he choked a few weeks before his olympics win. He's incapable of winning a slam.

I'd say that the pressure is greater than ever. 0-5 in slam finals (ousting his coach for the all time record) would be pretty humiliating.

Mustard
09-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Andy's gonna choke tomorrow just like he choked a few weeks before his olympics win. He's incapable of winning a slam.

I'd say that the pressure is greater than ever. 0-5 in slam finals (ousting his coach for the all time record) would be pretty humiliating.

Murray would actually be joining Stolle, if he loses tomorrow.

ctoth666
09-09-2012, 08:15 PM
I actually have been more impressed with Djokovic's level than with Murray's. Murray has been let off the hook in consecutive matches by Cilic and Berdych, but Djokovic won't do him an favors tomorrow. When the semifinal vs Ferrer resumed today, Djokovic was in fine form. I don't see how he could possibly lose to Murray.

Cup8489
09-09-2012, 08:21 PM
I actually have been more impressed with Djokovic's level than with Murray's. Murray has been let off the hook in consecutive matches by Cilic and Berdych, but Djokovic won't do him an favors tomorrow. When the semifinal vs Ferrer resumed today, Djokovic was in fine form. I don't see how he could possibly lose to Murray.

Djokovic is prone to letting occasions get to him. Never say never.

sonicare
09-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Djokovic is prone to letting occasions get to him. Never say never.

lol.........

Russeljones
09-09-2012, 10:18 PM
No one, no one gave Lendl a chance against THE most dominating player a season has ever had.... No one. McEnroe was a monster in 1984!!!

Lendl found away to beat mcenroe.....mcenroe didnt know what hit him......and you know Lendl is letting Murray know this. Its Jokers US Open to lose... Murray is hungrier than Joker....Murray has no pressure to win, but he wants it more.... Joker HAS to win to save face..If Murray loses is to a better player....murray wins is because of Lendl

Murray in 4 sets... And his 1st GS of many... Nadal and Delpo And Federer all are hoping for Andy to win as opposed to letting Joker pad up his grand slams

I think I may have more respect for Murray than some of his supporters do..

Zarfot Z
09-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Wishful thinking OP, wishful thinking.

WhiskeyEE
09-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Murray would actually be joining Stolle, if he loses tomorrow.

not open era/10 The record will be broken tomorrow.

lendlmac
09-10-2012, 07:58 AM
come back here after Murray wins his first of many U.S. Opens...then we'll serve you some crow...

Lendl is the difference maker now...it's Lendl vs. Djoker's coach...and I'll take Lendl any day over Djoker's coach... Lendl KNOWS Djoker's game like nobody's business...

you'll see today, when Djoker is losing? you'll say, oh, well Joker is not playig well today, or he is tired, or he is off his game, blah blah excuses....when Lendl molded and instilled in Andy Murray the instinct to pull Djoker out wide, and engage him with drop shots, slices, sharp angles and heavy groundstrokes.... it's Lendl v. Djoker's coach.

RF20Lennon
09-10-2012, 08:00 AM
come back here after Murray wins his first of many U.S. Opens...then we'll serve you some crow...

Lendl is the difference maker now...it's Lendl vs. Djoker's coach...and I'll take Lendl any day over Djoker's coach... Lendl KNOWS Djoker's game like nobody's business...

you'll see today, when Djoker is losing? you'll say, oh, well Joker is not playig well today, or he is tired, or he is off his game, blah blah excuses....when Lendl molded and instilled in Andy Murray the instinct to pull Djoker out wide, and engage him with drop shots, slices, sharp angles and heavy groundstrokes.... it's Lendl v. Djoker's coach.

LOL the way your saying it its like Lend. Himself will come and play and gift it to Murray

Alchemy-Z
09-10-2012, 08:00 AM
I think Fed, Nadal are hoping for Djokovic to win so that Murray doesn't get more confidence from finally becoming a slam winner.

I think Nadal will pull for Andy because they are friends. He does not wish for weaker opponents to make it easier for him.

He loves the challenge...and So does Fed

Evan77
09-10-2012, 08:08 AM
LOL the way your saying it its like Lend. Himself will come and play and gift it to Murray
haha, I was thinking the same thing. Lendl vs. Vajda :shock:.

If I was Lendlmac and Djoko somehow wins, I'd delete my account here and hide under my bed.

lendlmac
09-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Delicious tears. Lendl owns Team Djokovic and Berdych and Raonic and Federer...he has no obstacles for 2013...

World Beater
09-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Delicious tears. Lendl owns Team Djokovic and Berdych and Raonic and Federer...he has no obstacles for 2013...

i agree the outlook at three of the slams is promising.

but at the french, currently andy has to improve quite a bit if he wants to be at the same level as djoker/ fed ...let alone rafa

i would have murray the fave at ao, usopen..wimbledon - federer might have one last one in him...but i have murray at wimbledon in 2014.

Luminaire
09-10-2012, 07:45 PM

Actually, McEnroe absolutely owned the first two sets. At the beginning of the third set, Mac had an annoying interchange with a cameraman and his headset. The French crowd started to get on him, and he never got back to the form he had. Lendl played his steady game, while Mac choked it away.

Greg G
09-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Ugh. Please don't remind me of FO '84. It physically pains me to remember. Mac was on autopilot until the 3rd set, and you'd never seen anyone play that way on the red clay. Probably never will.

THUNDERVOLLEY
09-11-2012, 04:59 AM

Since you're drawing parallels between the McEnroe/Lendl FO situation and Djokovic/Murray, does this mean the next Djokovic/Murray meeting in a major will go the same way? Meaning along the lines of the 6-3,6-4,6-1 knockout McEnroe delivered to Lendl in the 1984 US Open?

If so, then the 2013 Australian Open will not bring joy to the Murray camp.

lendlmac
09-11-2012, 06:10 AM
Joker fans can never admit that lendl plus murray equals ownage of djokovic from here on out. He beat federer on thevworlds biggestbstage the number one player on his best surface destroying federer for olympic gold then wears down djoker on djokers best surface at the us open

Delicious tears.

THUNDERVOLLEY
09-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Joker fans can never admit that lendl plus murray equals ownage of djokovic from here on out.

One match--one where Murray needed two tiebreaks just to get an early lead, only to see Djokovic win the next two in a very one-sided fashion until he was fatigued is no "ownage."

One match.

I laugh at your delusion, and avoidance of your own parallel between Lendl and Murray vs. a chief rival after one majors win--meaning the next time (USO '84), Lendl lost badly. If your parallel is even remotley correct, Murray's AO may not go as well as this USO.

He beat federer on thevworlds biggestbstage

Federer is well into the twilight of his career, making his Wimbledon victory a lucky one, so by the time the Olympics rolled around, Federer was out of gas.

Moreover, Murray is 25--very old in tennis terms to win a first major (see: NadalAgassi's Courier/Murray thread), so he will soon start fighting age, in addition to opponents.

DropShotArtist
09-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Would be good to see both Djoker and Murray compete again for a slam when the conditions aren't so tough. Could sway things back to the Djoker corner.

THUNDERVOLLEY
09-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Would be good to see both Djoker and Murray compete again for a slam when the conditions aren't so tough. Could sway things back to the Djoker corner.

Perhaps, but the OP's shaky use of Lendl history+Lendl as coach to predict a pro-Murray head-to-head with Djokovic has no basis in reason, especially when 1st time majors winner Lendl lost the next majors final where he faced McEnroe.

redpurusha
09-11-2012, 10:20 AM
The Joker will have the last laugh.

Bhagi Katbamna
09-11-2012, 11:18 AM

Lendl actually didn't beat McEnroe. He looked like he was resigned to another loss in a GS final but McEnroe got mad at the photographers and went ballistic.
McEnroe actually beat McEnroe in that one. I saw it live.

The match that Lendl looked like he was going to beat McEnroe from the beginning was the '85 US Open final.

Mustard
09-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Lendl actually didn't beat McEnroe. He looked like he was resigned to another loss in a GS final but McEnroe got mad at the photographers and went ballistic.
McEnroe actually beat McEnroe in that one. I saw it live.

The match that Lendl looked like he was going to beat McEnroe from the beginning was the '85 US Open final.

As good as McEnroe was in the first 2 sets of the 1984 French Open final, his level wasn't as good in the following 3 sets while Lendl was clearly fitter than McEnroe and started to play better as McEnroe tired. McEnroe missed way too many first serves and way too many volleys in the latter part of the match.

As for the 1985 US Open final, McEnroe led 5-2 in the first set and it looked like the same old story. Lendl got out of that situation to win in straight sets.