PDA

View Full Version : Serena always shakes the hand of the ....

WARPWOODIE
09-09-2012, 09:17 PM
chair umpire first....win or lose...why is that? I thought it was common courtesy for the winner to let loser to shake the chair ump first? Is it just her that does this?:confused:

halalula1234
09-10-2012, 01:42 AM
venus does it too. But sometimes they let their opponent go first if they had to fight for the hand shake :P

TennisLovaLova
09-10-2012, 06:19 AM
nobody really cares

jonnythan
09-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Serena shook Azarenka's hand before the chair umpire's yesterday.

THUNDERVOLLEY
09-10-2012, 06:28 AM

Yes, but a ******* like SQA333 (and the one who supported his post) conveniently forgot that while trying to damn Serena.

sureshs
09-10-2012, 06:29 AM

LOL looks like a massive thread fail

THUNDERVOLLEY
09-10-2012, 06:31 AM
LOL looks like a massive thread fail

Ohhhh yes! :)

DRII
09-10-2012, 06:40 AM
Serena is 'old' in tennis terms now.

Shouldn't there be some deference for the mature(r) set?

Elder statesman (woman)...

Although she doesn’t always act like it.

[Z]engin
09-10-2012, 07:53 AM
She has no class and no this has nothing to do with her skin colour. It seems like people are using the race card everytime people criticize Serena.

Didn't like her celebration yesterday, it seemed like it was all an act, lying down with her hands up, looking at her box for a minute, saying "oh my god, oh my god" etc.

Looking ****ed at the line judge, after he called a foot fault, trying to justify her behavior a couple of years ago, no Serena has no class.

And you don't have to be black or white to be an a**.

Unfortunately it was Azarenka who was her opponent, don't like her either, with her shrieking, if it were someone like Sam, Kvitova or Radwanksa, I would have definitely rooted for them.

Not a fan of Serena, never have been.

But hey, she deserved the win, simple as that, she might be an ***, but she can play tennis, that's for sure.

フェデラー
09-10-2012, 08:14 AM
engin;6885032']She has no class and no this has nothing to do with her skin colour. It seems like people are using the race card everytime people criticize Serena.

Didn't like her celebration yesterday, it seemed like it was all an act, lying down with her hands up, looking at her box for a minute, saying "oh my god, oh my god" etc.

Looking ****ed at the line judge, after he called a foot fault, trying to justify her behavior a couple of years ago, no Serena has no class.

And you don't have to be black or white to be an a**.

Unfortunately it was Azarenka who was her opponent, don't like her either, with her shrieking, if it were someone like Sam, Kvitova or Radwanksa, I would have definitely rooted for them.

But hey, she deserved the win, simple as that, she might be an ***, but she can play tennis, that's for sure.

So players are not allowed to celebrate anymore? This has been one of her best years ever, winning the gold medal, Wimbledon, and the Open. She was out of the game for a long time due to various injuries and probably thought she couldn't make it back on the tour. She has every reason to celebrate. Would you say the same about Roger or Rafa? They both won a record amount of slams, so was it all an act?

And last time I checked, Serena didn't do anything to the lines person. So what if she stared at them? She didn't shout, complain, or do anything like that. She went about her business, and won the match. Even Azarenka got into it with the umpire, so I fail to see your point.

sureshs
09-10-2012, 08:21 AM
engin;6885032']

Your opinion is very important to her

Soianka
09-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Even Azarenka got into it with the umpire, so I fail to see your point.

Imagine if Serena routinely talked to officials the way Azarenka seems to every other match.

This board would implode with hatred.

jmverdugo
09-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Oh boy what a terrible thing for Serena to do, this is nasty stuff... :-?

tennisMVP
09-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Imagine if Serena routinely talked to officials the way Azarenka seems to every other match.

Exactly. Serena and Nadal both get this treatment. As I said before, tennis has the most racist fans of any sport.

El Diablo
09-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Unless she's pushing someone out of the way to get to the umpire's hand first, what does it matter?

Roy125
09-10-2012, 09:42 AM

Lol, I remember Azarenka calling the chair umpire "delirious" at one point of the final.

tennisMVP
09-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Lol, I remember Azarenka calling the chair umpire "delirious" at one point of the final.

LOL delirious. That's creative.

jonnythan
09-10-2012, 09:46 AM
First three seconds of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d51xpGg9f0k

Tanya
09-10-2012, 09:49 AM

No she said the umpire was hilarious (sarcastically obv)

redpurusha
09-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Azarenka as most women's tennis players (except for the Williams sisters and few exceptions) doesn't have the mustard in the serve to close out a match. No matter how good in developing a shot many of them are, when they double fault or hit a softball serve they lose.

jonnythan
09-10-2012, 09:57 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/6ejakj.jpg

pmerk34
09-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Azarenka as most women's tennis players (except for the Williams sisters and few exceptions) doesn't have the mustard in the serve to close out a match. No matter how good in developing a shot many of them are, when they double fault or hit a softball serve they lose.

Yes it's due to the shoulder structure of women as compared to men. It's the same reason most cannot hit an efffective kick serve and why you always see sliced second serves. They have a much easier time generating pace off the ground then the serve.

Serena obviously being a notable exception.

DRII
09-10-2012, 10:28 AM

Yea, but Azeranka has the best ground game. She hits the ball earlier than any of the other big hitters...