PDA

View Full Version : Modern day William Wallace!

nethawkwenatchee
09-11-2012, 08:35 AM
This is just wonderful. There is all kinds of support on these boards for Andy and it's all deserved. Many of us have well documented faith in Andy and I sure hope that this win will finally put to rest any notion that Andy is a "pusher", "choker", "weakling" or any other un-flattering nonsense.

Andy showed bravery (especially in between the fourth and fifth sets) that can be likened to William Wallace! All detractors take notice of the resolve... more is on the way!

NLBwell
09-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Well, maybe if he had an ax instead of a tennis racket and was risking having his head choppped off.

Fedex
09-11-2012, 09:18 AM
This is just wonderful. There is all kinds of support on these boards for Andy and it's all deserved. Many of us have well documented faith in Andy and I sure hope that this win will finally put to rest any notion that Andy is a "pusher", "choker", "weakling" or any other un-flattering nonsense.

Andy showed bravery (especially in between the fourth and fifth sets) that can be likened to William Wallace! All detractors take notice of the resolve... more is on the way!

You're not going to believe this but there was a Scottish knight called Andrew Murray or Andrew de Moray the unknown Braveheart who fought alongside William Wallace at the battle of Stirling Bridge.
Andrew de Moray was a William Wallace type character who lead very successful revolts in the North of Scotland and the Highlands.
Historians believe that Andrew de Moray actually had more success than Wallace and was a better military tactician who set the battle plans for the victorious battle against the English (at the time a super power nation) at Stirling Bridge.
It's interesting that Wallace's fortunes took a turn for the worse after the death of Andrew de Moray at Stirling.

link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/legacies/myths_legends/scotland/s_ne/

Danny_G13
09-11-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm a huge fan of Andy and was nearly in tears when he was serving for the match, but to compare him to William Wallace is a WEE bit over the top.

He's a world class tennis player. He has not taken on King Edward's army 'ere!

Although, at times, Fed, Djok and Nad probably felt similar!

nethawkwenatchee
09-11-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm a huge fan of Andy and was nearly in tears when he was serving for the match, but to compare him to William Wallace is a WEE bit over the top.

He's a world class tennis player. He has not taken on King Edward's army 'ere!

Although, at times, Fed, Djok and Nad probably felt similar!

I agree, over the top. It's just a comparison that sparks pride and a wee bit of retribution in the hearts of those of us who have stood by Andy through the heart breakers.

Sports and war should probably not be mentioned as a matter of comparison, but in this case, it's a comparison that draws on the emotion we feel. Good Job Andy!

And Yes, his competitors have been mighty!

syke
09-11-2012, 11:15 AM
I don't think Murray likes the idea of being castrated before his execution.

Devilito
09-11-2012, 11:21 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Sean-Connery-Fist-Pump-US-Open.gif

syke
09-11-2012, 12:11 PM
We need a gif of Fergie's hair dryer antics..

smoledman
09-11-2012, 12:35 PM
http://www.swtor-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/EtharionTurambar_WilliamWallaceTOR.jpg