PDA

View Full Version : "And of course ,this is your success aswell you guys"

MurrayMyInspiration
09-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Djokovic hinting at the fact that the crowd always seem to hate him....Why is that? Federer crowd love him, Nadal aswell, Murray at wimby and here and was always liked at us open. Why is he not so popular with the crowd?

mistik
09-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Novak is a great loser but terrible winner.I dont even need to mention his annoying family and his camp.He is also famous about stupid retirements and taking medical time outs in the most critical times in the match.

tank_job
09-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Taken out of context.

Djokovic was talking to Murray's box when he said it was their success as well.

Still, it is true that Djokovic is hated by the Americans and French, and ignored by the English. Maybe some Aussies like him.

I don't get all this sudden love for Murray among retired pro's and the general public alike - comparing Djokovic and Murray - Murray has zero charisma and isn't funny at all - Djokovic is a bit. Djokovic is the obvious candidate for public affection, yet Murray gets it.

Tennis_Maestro
09-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Djokovic hinting at the fact that the crowd always seem to hate him....Why is that? Federer crowd love him, Nadal aswell, Murray at wimby and here and was always liked at us open. Why is he not so popular with the crowd?

He meant Murray's team bro, Murray's team.

tank_job
09-11-2012, 02:04 PM

Tennis_Maestro, I already alluded to this in my post above yours.

Stop using my ideas and rehashing them with altered wording. Think for yourself.

Tennis_Maestro
09-11-2012, 02:05 PM

Stop using my ideas and rehashing them with altered wording. Think for yourself.

Didn't read your rubbish, never do, unless it strikes out @ me as being a copy of my or someone else's point in a thread post.

mistik
09-11-2012, 02:05 PM

İt is a fact that he isnt all that popular and loved.

beast of mallorca
09-11-2012, 02:09 PM

Didn't read your rubbish, never do, unless it strikes out @ me as being a copy of my or someone else's point in a thread post.

You can never post here in TW without having a fight at another. Funny that :mad:

Tennis_Maestro
09-11-2012, 02:09 PM
İt is a fact that he isnt all that popular and loved.

Possibly so. I personally am a fan of Djokovic, he is a player that really only people who possess an "acquired" taste take to. He has fans, jus not in masses. Novak is a character, bundles of character but the "average person" doesn't take to him, I feel it may be because they gage a vibe of arrogance from him. They feel he lacks humility in the way he reacts after winning crucial points or ridiculous rallies. I personally think it creates for a better atmosphere when he does it and it brings me more engaged in the match. He is very charismatic as far as I am concerned.

Djokovic may not have many fans, but the ones he does have, are as die-hard as the ones Federer and Nadal has.
Watch....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZWCEeBTe84

MurrayMyInspiration
09-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Taken out of context.

Djokovic was talking to Murray's box when he said it was their success as well.

Still, it is true that Djokovic is hated by the Americans and French, and ignored by the English. Maybe some Aussies like him.

I don't get all this sudden love for Murray among retired pro's and the general public alike - comparing Djokovic and Murray - Murray has zero charisma and isn't funny at all - Djokovic is a bit. Djokovic is the obvious candidate for public affection, yet Murray gets it.

Yeah, good point..Djokovic is so outgoing, a playa with the ladies and really confident and funny but there is something fake about him and i cant put my finger on it.....He used to complain, retire, and applaud the frame of his racquet vs fed, act like a dick with his cocky reactions.....I guess people don't forget these things. Same with casual tennis fans' view of Andy...i.e moany,dull,boring,scottish prat!

mistik
09-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Possibly so. I personally am a fan of Djokovic, he is a player that really only people who possess an "acquired" taste take to. He has fans, jus not in masses. Novak is a character, bundles of character but the "average person" doesn't take to him, I feel it may be because they gage a vibe of arrogance from him. They feel he lacks humility in the way he reacts after winning crucial points or ridiculous rallies. I personally think it creates for a better atmosphere when he does it and it brings me more engaged in the match. He is very charismatic as far as I am concerned.

Djokovic may not have many fans, but the ones he does have, are as die-hard as the ones Federer and Nadal has.
Watch....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZWCEeBTe84
I have watched it.:):)

Tennis_Maestro
09-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah, good point..Djokovic is so outgoing, a playa with the ladies and really confident and funny but there is something fake about him and i cant put my finger on it.....He used to complain, retire, and applaud the frame of his racquet vs fed, act like a dick with his cocky reactions.....I guess people don't forget these things. Same with casual tennis fans' view of Andy...i.e moany,dull,boring,scottish prat!

Funny you say that, many have said that in the past, I used to see where they were coming from. Now a days, I've learnt to realise he is jus a player that likes to play up to the crowd and play the "unconventional or unusual" type player on court. To me, its part of his make-up as a tennis player. I think he plays the pantomime villain, a roleplay, nothing fake. Just how I see it.

als47
09-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Since he was actually talking to Murray's team, there's nothing ungracious or bitter about it. Djokovic behaved with terrific class.

Tennis_Maestro
09-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Since he was actually talking to Murray's team, there's nothing ungracious or bitter about it. Djokovic behaved with terrific class.

Other than the moment he tried to make Murray think about what he was on the verge of doing, by calling the trainer @ 5-2. :)

Fee
09-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Murray is very funny, he has a dry sense of humor. He's like Steven Wright, Novak is like Robin Williams, by comparison.

Novak is very popular. He draws very big crowds at IW every time I'm there. Not quite Federer Nadal types of crowds, but still quite large. He's also pretty popular at the USO as seen at many of his other matches.

Tennis_Maestro
09-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Murray is very funny, he has a dry sense of humor. He's like Steven Wright, Novak is like Robin Williams, by comparison.

Novak is very popular. He draws very big crowds at IW every time I'm there. Not quite Federer Nadal types of crowds, but still quite large. He's also pretty popular at the USO as seen at many of his other matches.

I agree, love Murray's sense of humor. You don't take to Novak's though?

FEDEXP
09-11-2012, 02:46 PM
I have a hard time just looking at Murray; those faces he makes and his body language. Glad he got the victory though. I'm ambivalent about Djocovic; certainly he can play some great tennis and he was funny early on (though I would not compare him to Robin Williams who was a comic genius). That MTO was kind of hard to swallow. He'd already lost for gods sake.

Fee
09-11-2012, 08:15 PM
I agree, love Murray's sense of humor. You don't take to Novak's though?

I didn't offer any opinion of Novak's humor, just tried to draw a comparison to help others understand. :)

Mick
09-11-2012, 08:18 PM
probably because new yorkers love the underdogs and in a match up between djokovic and murray, djokovic wasn't the underdog.

psYcon
09-11-2012, 08:22 PM
The reason why people don't like Novak is simple. He is like the star pupil in the class, the teacher's pet, with his self-righteous attitude, and his almost forced extrovert behavior. He also tries way too hard to be liked, it doesn't come naturally to him. People generally don't feel very attached to those kind of people, and I'm sure they envy him, just like the rest of the school class envies that star pupil.

Federer on the other hand is like that genius in the class, who doesn't talk much, gets stuff done in a miraculous way and people almost want him to succeed each and every time just to confirm their own beliefs that he's a genius.

powerangle
09-11-2012, 08:33 PM
I don't know what some of you are talking about. Novak has plenty of fans. Did you guys not see all the people chanting "Nole! Nole!" every time he went up to get interviewed in the studio with the ESPN crew? Of course his fandom hasn't reached Fedal levels...but after Fedal, he's right up there in the international level (being a top player helps of course).