PDA

View Full Version : Where is Thomas Martinez???

Pleepers
09-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Any of you old timers know if he is still lurking around these boards? PM me if you know or have any leads. Much appreciated!

Kirko
09-19-2012, 11:12 AM
blast from the past .... he was a WEALTH of information !

jorel
09-19-2012, 11:23 AM
h e got a life ;)

galain
09-19-2012, 12:41 PM
I hope he's doing well. He was great to have here - will always remember his "Bloodlines" series.

I had a little contact with him off the board - all around good guy. I do hope he's got a smile on his face wherever he is.

nycoara
09-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Yes, He is very nice guy.

I meet him sometimes, But he is very busy now,,,

Kevin T
09-19-2012, 01:08 PM
I hope he's doing well. He was great to have here - will always remember his "Bloodlines" series.

I had a little contact with him off the board - all around good guy. I do hope he's got a smile on his face wherever he is.

Just like Galain, one of the good old guys from the early TW days. :)

Tom is a very nice guy. Glad you brought up "Bloodlines", Galain. Those posts were fascinating. I bought a number of frames from Tom (including Mizunos and a Dunlop MW 200 90-great racquet!) and he was like talking to your very own racquet customizer. Wish he still posted.

diredesire
09-19-2012, 01:55 PM

Tom is a very nice guy. Glad you brought up "Bloodlines", Galain. Those posts were fascinating. I bought a number of frames from Tom (including Mizunos and a Dunlop MW 200 90-great racquet!) and he was like talking to your very own racquet customizer. Wish he still posted.

Me too, I was actually thinking about this guy recently. He always seemed to be a very respectful guy, and was never stingy with his knowledge. If anyone still has contact with the guy, tell him we need him back! :)

galain
09-19-2012, 11:27 PM

Mate - I was in San Diego a few weeks ago! I seriously thought about dropping you a line, but I was only in town for a day with 5 Germans in tow (in need of a translator) - and my wife had blown out a disk in her back the day before. I just wouldn't have been able to get away.

Great town though - plan on coming back one day.

Kevin T
09-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Mate - I was in San Diego a few weeks ago! I seriously thought about dropping you a line, but I was only in town for a day with 5 Germans in tow (in need of a translator) - and my wife had blown out a disk in her back the day before. I just wouldn't have been able to get away.

Great town though - plan on coming back one day.

Bummer. Hope you had a good time, at least. It would have been great meeting you. Hope all is well in Germany and glad you're still posting. I'm busier than ever, teaching and working part-time in a clinic with a 4 yo, 2 yo and another on the way. :)

Kevin T
09-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Me too, I was actually thinking about this guy recently. He always seemed to be a very respectful guy, and was never stingy with his knowledge. If anyone still has contact with the guy, tell him we need him back! :)

Yep. Tom was always happy to discuss things via email. I bought 2 pro stock Mizuno 8.9s and 1 9.2 around 2001...can't believe I sold them. :( That Dunlop MW 90 was fantastic, as well. Good to know he's at least alive and well.

galain
09-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Kevin

You DO sound busy, but in good ways! Congratulations. I liked SD a lot - pretty place. Bloody confusing one way streets though! For 5 sweaty minutes I was convinced I was on my way to LA instead of the supermarket.

nycoara - if you see Tom - please give him our best (especially his mate from Australia!). I was hoping (a few years back) to convince him to come out for the Oz Open and then I was going to drop him in the middle of all my goth friends. I'm sure the girls would have loved him!

nycoara
09-20-2012, 12:35 PM
OK!!
next time when I meet Tom, I'll talk this discussions to him!

nycoara

nycoara - if you see Tom - please give him our best (especially his mate from Australia!). I was hoping (a few years back) to convince him to come out for the Oz Open and then I was going to drop him in the middle of all my goth friends. I'm sure the girls would have loved him!

Kevin T
09-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Kevin

You DO sound busy, but in good ways! Congratulations. I liked SD a lot - pretty place. Bloody confusing one way streets though! For 5 sweaty minutes I was convinced I was on my way to LA instead of the supermarket.

Yeah, downtown can be confusing for visitors. My place is just north over the hill in Point Loma/Ocean Beach area. Hope you can visit again someday. Take care.

Kevin T
09-20-2012, 02:33 PM
OK!!
next time when I meet Tom, I'll talk this discussions to him!

nycoara

nycoara,

Please give Tom our best. Is he still stringing on the Tour?

ericsson
09-23-2012, 08:06 AM
blast from the past .... he was a WEALTH of information !

That's correct, he was one of the most knowledgeable guys on the board, had great information on rackets and paintjobs! kinda sad he left.