PDA

View Full Version : Sergio Tacchini

aznhippos
09-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Is Sergio Tacchini still in the tennis apparel competition, or is it out after it stopped sponsoring Djokovic?

aznhippos
09-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Wrong subforum sorry

BreakPoint
09-11-2012, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Tacchini had to stop sponsoring all the other pros in order to pay Djokovic's huge paycheck, which they ended up not being able to afford anyway.

augustobt
09-12-2012, 10:25 AM
ST dropped a lot of athletes in the last couple of years.

Rochus and Karlovic are the first one that came in my mind.

T21D
09-12-2012, 10:40 AM
I went on their site and picked up a couple of Nole's stuff because it was on sale.

babaoh
09-12-2012, 06:00 PM
they still sponsor a few players:

Gilles Muller
Victor Hanescu
Frederik Nielsen
Adrian Ungur
Robert Lindstedt
-Regina Kulikova

kimguroo
09-12-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't think they are out for the tennis line because of ND.
They might save money to operate their tennis line, Since they don't need to pay ND anymore.

tistrapukcipeht
09-12-2012, 06:20 PM
i hope they keep going, I like Tacchini clothing except the ND line.

kimguroo
09-12-2012, 06:44 PM
i hope they keep going, I like Tacchini clothing except the ND line.

Since ST has some history, I don't think the brand will not go away.
if they still have financial difficulty, the Chinese owner might sell the brand instead of filing bankruptcy.
Seems like ND lines were too much chinese inspired themes haha.

BreakPoint
09-12-2012, 09:55 PM
they still sponsor a few players:

Gilles Muller
Victor Hanescu
Frederik Nielsen
Adrian Ungur
Robert Lindstedt
-Regina Kulikova
In other words, players that they don't have to pay a dime to get them to wear their clothes. Lower ranked players feel fortunate just to get free clothes to wear and not have to buy it themselves. Really low ranked players probably don't even get them for free but just get a discount.

MAXXply
09-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Why couldn't Tacchini simply and expediently draw on their biggest asset - their archive of designs from the late 70s (Mac's striped-sleeves) through to Cash/Wilander/Sampras - and reissue those designs? Easy money, surely, to tap into all that nostalgic demand.

classic tennis
09-14-2012, 01:54 AM
The old Tacchini is dead, it's now owned for the most part by a Hong kong based Chinese textile company, you can forget about Italian quality and Pro contracts, they are just interested in making stuff as cheap as possible and maximising margins.