PDA

View Full Version : Please accept my apologies anyone whomever I have offended on this forum.

DeShaun
09-12-2012, 12:25 AM
I may have been noticed at times running smack and talking nonsense for my own entertainment and I am sorry about this. This will not happen again. Cheers to all,
DeShaun:grin::grin:

Sentinel
09-12-2012, 12:50 AM
I'd like to hear about what offensive things you said :) Links please or it didn't happen ;)

The interenetz is all about offending people, isn't it, no need to apologize .

Nathaniel_Near
09-12-2012, 01:01 AM
'it's too laaaaaaate...'

DeShaun
09-12-2012, 01:06 AM
I'd like to hear about what offensive things you said :) Links please or it didn't happen ;)

I'm just curious if the hosted calendar, to which your username in another thread is linked, featuring pictures from around Seattle, also features you.

I have fond memories of studying at Magnuson's desk in Suzallo, is all. :)

The Bawss
09-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Lol, did your mom make you post this thread?

Sentinel
09-12-2012, 01:32 AM
I'm just curious if the hosted calendar, to which your username in another thread is linked, featuring pictures from around Seattle, also features you.

I have fond memories of studying at Magnuson's desk in Suzallo, is all. :)

:confused:

I have never been to Seattle, my friend. Hosted calendar, how could my username link to a calendar ? No bro, I am too ugly to be part of any calendar unless it features freaks.

You've totally confuddled me :)

Zarfot Z
09-12-2012, 03:33 AM
Apologies on this forum? Definitely a TW first.

DeShaun
09-12-2012, 03:36 AM
Lol, did your mom make you post this thread?
I've been reexamining my priorities lately. It's something that I've been wanting to do, apologize mostly independent of risk or reward.

tank_job
09-12-2012, 04:16 AM
I've been reexamining my priorities lately. It's something that I've been wanting to do, apologize mostly independent of risk or reward.

You're foreign but educated, isn't that so?

Your posts sound like they're coming from some Google-translate machine more advanced than the ones we're stuck with at the moment.

DeShaun
09-12-2012, 04:31 AM
You're foreign but educated, isn't that so?

Your posts sound like they're coming from some Google-translate machine more advanced than the ones we're stuck with at the moment.
I'm American but very playful with my words. I get a kick out of reading posts by posters for whom English is not their native language. I feel as though I can keep up tolerably well with what it is that they are trying to say. So, I test certain hypotheses on grammar and language when I'm online in chat rooms, looking for essentials of communication.

rommil
09-12-2012, 04:34 AM
I'm American but very playful with my words. I get a kick out of reading posts by posters for whom English is not their native language. I feel as though I can keep up tolerably well with what it is that they are trying to say. So, I test certain hypotheses on grammar and language when I'm online in chat rooms, looking for essentials of communication.

I get more kick out of listening to Americans that can't even speak properly:)

DeShaun
09-12-2012, 04:37 AM
I get more kick out of listening to Americans that can't even speak properly:)

I had the habit of shattering my professors' expectations with my writings in college, so I am not at all concerned that you might be talking about me.

tank_job
09-12-2012, 04:45 AM

Maybe you don't realize that by being so 'playful' with your words (ie. pretentious), you're making yourself difficult to understand, not only with the non-native English speakers here (who must have a ball with your posts), but with the native English speakers as well.

Perhaps that is the idea?

Take, for example, some of your posts in the 'tennis tips and instructions' sub-section. Your overly flowery language, and deliberate usage of uncommon sentence structures only serve as an unnecessary barrier for readers to understand whatever point you're trying to convey.

If you get a kick out of that - it's all fine and dandy.

EDIT: And if you think that university Professors value a smart-*** trying to confuse them with convoluted-yet-grammatically-correct English, over reading a logically organized and concisely written thesis - you, sir, are deeply ********.

tusharlovesrafa
09-12-2012, 04:51 AM

Don't you worry.I sit with thesaurus and dictionary while reading your posts..:)

Legend of Borg
09-12-2012, 04:52 AM
I had the habit of shattering my professors' expectations with my writings in college, so I am not at all concerned that you might be talking about me.

Damn, real words son.

Getting my popcorn....

Carsomyr
09-12-2012, 04:55 AM
You can't really apologize for being Antisemitic.

krz
09-12-2012, 05:11 AM

+1

It's half the fun!

Sentinel
09-12-2012, 05:16 AM

So reexamining your priorities was high on your list of priorities ... but you still neglected it. Very irresponsible of you.:)

rainingaces
09-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Cant say I noticed. Who are you anyway?

Cup8489
09-12-2012, 05:26 AM
Maybe you don't realize that by being so 'playful' with your words (ie. pretentious), you're making yourself difficult to understand, not only with the non-native English speakers here (who must have a ball with your posts), but with the native English speakers as well.

Perhaps that is the idea?

Take, for example, some of your posts in the 'tennis tips and instructions' sub-section. Your overly flowery language, and deliberate usage of uncommon sentence structures only serve as an unnecessary barrier for readers to understand whatever point you're trying to convey.

If you get a kick out of that - it's all fine and dandy.

EDIT: And if you think that university Professors value a smart-*** trying to confuse them with convoluted-yet-grammatically-correct English, over reading a logically organized and concisely written thesis - you, sir, are deeply ********.

What's wrong with using colorful language? Some people just have a desire to express themselves in ways that are not the norm.. I don't see anything wrong with it unless it's an obvious attempt at trying to appear more intelligent than someone... but using the language for the sake of using the language is fine.

At least you're not being accused of plagiarism. I've had at least one instructor cautiously ask me about it every semester in college. I always have to explain that it's just my writing style; it's particularly bad when I'm writing a history paper or a psychology paper, as my passion for both subjects is much higher than any others. I always end up getting on a roll while writing them, and am usually questioned on the originality of them. When I tell my professors that it is in fact my own work, they end up praising me on the complexity and structure of my work.

Writing papers, probably the one thing I'm decent at.