PDA

View Full Version : Class of Djokovic

Danny_G13
09-12-2012, 03:58 AM
Not really been alluded to much but absolutely magnificent grace in defeat from Djokovic after having hauled back a 2 set deficit to then be beaten at the final hurdle, he still had the grace and dignity to forget about the handshake at the net and give Murray a genuine embrace.

I know they are friends anyway, but Djokovic wanted that one, yet as soon as Murray won their 5 hour battle was done and Novak did himself great credit with not only said embrace but a dignified and classy defeat speech.

That said, admittedly Murray did similar at Wimbledon but it shows these guys all have great class to lose with dignity.

MurrayMyInspiration
09-12-2012, 04:03 AM
Murray and Djokovic are the two most graceful in defeat.

Sim
09-12-2012, 04:06 AM
Djokovic is definitely classy when he loses, but what he did before Murray served it out was not :-?

tennisMVP
09-12-2012, 04:07 AM
Djokovic's class is somewhat mind-numbing. Not really worth a thread.

Danny_G13
09-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Djokovic is definitely classy when he loses, but what he did before Murray served it out was not :-?

I disagree. End of the day he needed a medical time out because his legs were going to hell and as frustrating as it was to have to wait for Murray's glory, Djokovic clearly believed he still could come back. He did last year after a time out.

Sim
09-12-2012, 04:35 AM
I disagree. End of the day he needed a medical time out because his legs were going to hell and as frustrating as it was to have to wait for Murray's glory, Djokovic clearly believed he still could come back. He did last year after a time out.

Well, I completely disagree on cramping being a legitimate reason to take a MTO, especially right before Murray was going to serve it out. Not to mention Murray was cramping too.

Paul Murphy
09-12-2012, 04:53 AM
Yep, I've always admired his sportsmanship.
A tough loss but he took it well as always.
A class act.

Tabash
09-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Well, I completely disagree on cramping being a legitimate reason to take a MTO, especially right before Murray was going to serve it out. Not to mention Murray was cramping too.

Djokovic was not cramping. It looked nothing like cramp. He was walking totally normally after the match, not grimacing like Murray and like what everyone does when they have cramp. He said in his presser, he tweaked something, overstretched it and had trouble with his movement for the last couple of games. The hullabaloo made of MTO's is pathetic. If the changeover just happened to be one minute longer than it normally is, no one would notice nor care but when it's a couple of minutes longer because of a MTO, it's apparently a really traumatising experience for the opponent and they would be totally excused by fans if they were unable to win another point in the match. Such b/s.

tennisMVP
09-14-2012, 06:51 PM
I hope Nadal rips shirt and beats chest after beating Djokovic to emulate Djokovic's class at AO 2012. Oh wait, Nadal decided not to do that at Roland Garros 2012. Maybe next time they meet, but nah, impossible to imagine Nadal doing that.

monfed
09-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Yea he's classy in defeat, in a puzzling way almost.

Sentinel
09-14-2012, 11:14 PM
This thread is incomplete without a post from Clarky ;)

Yeah, agree that MTO was a last ditch attempt to get back, and wasn't classy at all since he wasn't injured, just tired.