PDA

View Full Version : Abysmal direction during trophy ceremony

Danny_G13
09-12-2012, 03:00 AM
I can't have been the only one to see this.

I don't know if it was just UK Sky Sports' coverage, but for some reason as Murray lifted the trophy, the big moment, the moment he'd waited all his life for, the director thought THAT was a good time to cut to his girlfriend!

So we miss the moment. Great!

It happened at the Olympics - as Murray went through his entourage after victory, giving them all hugs, then just as he gets to his mum - CUT TO FEDERER, CUT TO FEDERER!

What is with the director!

Paul Murphy
09-12-2012, 04:58 AM
Plenty of examples of the idiocy of TV directors around the world.
My pet hate is when they cut to a long, lingering crowd shot and miss the handshake, particularly after a long, tough match.
The idiots can pick up a crowd shot anytime.
The handshake etc lasts a few seconds, the crowd stays on its feet clapping a lot longer.
Stupid.

The Bawss
09-12-2012, 05:34 AM
I would rather see cute Kim than the smug, USO-winning face of Murray who couldn't even piece together a decent celebration after the most historic win in British tennis for over three quarters of a century.

TennisLovaLova
09-12-2012, 05:47 AM
I would rather see cute Kim than the smug, USO-winning face of Murray who couldn't even piece together a decent celebration after the most historic win in British tennis for over three quarters of a century.

man your post are cracking me up
keep it coming

Danny_G13
09-12-2012, 06:12 AM
the most historic win in British tennis for over three quarters of a century.

The best part of your post.