PDA

View Full Version : Not a perfect deal with Smasher

vxb
08-10-2005, 07:01 PM
This is the first time I'm leaving not a perfect feedback for somebody from the boards. I've been dealing with people from this board for at least 3 years. I've bought and sold many racquets here and never had a single problem or complain. Judging from many good references people have left for me, I've never been inaccurate or dishonest describing racquet condition or upset my trading partners in any other way. This streak of flawless deals made me almost unconditionally trust traders from the board. The streak has ended when I made a trade with Smasher (Areon Atkinson). I traded my APD+ for his APD standard. I just bought my racquet from Mark Dowd and he can attest that the racquet was perfect except a few light scratches on the bumper guard. It didn't have a single mark on the paint. I asked Smasher if there were any marks on his racquet's paint and his answer was (taken from his email) "My racquet do not have any paint chips. Just a few scratches on the bumber guard". He sent me some pics but it's impossible to see any imperfections on the paint. We shipped the racquets on the same day and his communications were very good. We even talked on the phone two times and again he said that his racquet didn't have a single imperfection except a bumper guard. I liked the guy very much and was sure that I would get the racquet exactly in the condition he'd described. This wasn't the case when I got the racquet last Monday. There were plenty of very visible scratches on the paint especially along the upper hoop near the bumper guard and at 3 and 9. There were also two small paint chips. When I asked Areon why he wasn't accurate describing the racquet, I got that "I'm sorry that my idea of perfect condition and yours are different." But it's not about how to tell if racquet's condition is perfect or not; I asked him a direct question whether there were marks on the paint and he answered "no". Sorry for a very long post.

SMASHER
08-11-2005, 05:25 AM
I GUESS YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE. I've sent multiple pics to Vlad I dont wish to post the email responses he sent me, but by the way he puts it I sold him a racquetball frame with a APD paintjob. Racquet was 9/10 Check my references.

tennis4losers
08-11-2005, 04:03 PM
sounds like smasher is the one @ fault here.