PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Nadal will Retire.

mistik
09-12-2012, 03:51 PM
I think he will retire from tennis next year.Thats how ı think.I will be happy to be wrong.That is also not one my usual anti jınx threads.I think they are just trying to save some time but this injury is career threatening and his camp is just trying to down grade the issue.All the signals are there as well.I dont see why a player like him resign from player council and made some questionable deals with a gambling companies if that career would continue 4 or 5 years more.İt is going to be like ı tried my best but injury got better of me in the end.

Tennis_Maestro
09-12-2012, 04:02 PM
I am ready to put my house on this thread being bump by some Nadal fanatic come the time he wins the French Open in May 2013.

Clarky21
09-12-2012, 04:24 PM
I think you might be right. I'm not sure he will be back at all,but if he does come back,it will be short lived. He's finished,and if he plays next year it will be his last.

sureshs
09-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Nadal has retired from tennis. He is going to begin a second career in golf.

norbac
09-12-2012, 04:31 PM
At some point, yes.

mistik
09-12-2012, 04:40 PM
At some point, yes.

İt is pretty much game over for him.They just want to keeps the die hard fans in their edges.He is still winning money from that exo offers and sponsors.Once you officially announce the retirement,you are history,nobody cares about you anymore.We will see where this publicity game ends.He is either very injured or they want him to retire.We dont know what is going on behind the close doors.I dont like compo theories but It is a fact that through out the clay court season,he looks at times as good as 08.So all with terrible knees.:confused:

SoBad
09-12-2012, 04:46 PM
I am ready to put my house on this thread being bump by some Nadal fanatic come the time he wins the French Open in May 2013.

I am hardly a Nadal fanatic, but I do think he has the French locked up for a while. And yes, Nadal will probably retire at some point, and everybody's in the process of dying btw.

Feņa14
09-12-2012, 05:14 PM
He could probably win the French till he's 40, on 1 leg :)

He'll be fine I think.

SoBad
09-12-2012, 05:15 PM

He'll be fine I think.

Nadal still has a leg?

Feņa14
09-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Nadal still has a leg?

Well, we'll find out when he comes back :)

SoBad
09-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Well, we'll find out when he comes back :)

:cry: I thought you had inside info on Nadal legs.

tennisMVP
09-12-2012, 05:27 PM
I think he will retire from tennis next year.Thats how ı think.I will be happy to be wrong.That is also not one my usual anti jınx threads.I think they are just trying to save some time but this injury is career threatening and his camp is just trying to down grade the issue.All the signals are there as well.I dont see why a player like him resign from player council and made some questionable deals with a gambling companies if that career would continue 4 or 5 years more.İt is going to be like ı tried my best but injury got better of me in the end.

Nadal resigned from the ATP Player Council because Federer was a roadblock. 95% of the players agreed with Nadal and then President Federer would disagree. Nadal saw no point in continuing the farce. It worked out well in the end, because now if the players boycott the Australian Open it will give Nadal a free slam title.

tennisMVP
09-12-2012, 05:43 PM

I think even a lot of Federer fans would say Nadal is winning 2013 French Open.

The pattern is all too familiar. Nadal fades after the clay season, then returns as good as new the following year at Monte Carlo.

citybert
09-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Nadal is learning to play right handed so he can put less weight on that left knee. He is a righty in everything else shld be no problem

Virginia
09-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Maybe he will come back, but RG will no longer be a lock for him.

veroniquem
09-12-2012, 07:26 PM
No he won't. He said himself he wants to continue until Olympics in 2016. He's gonna come back for AO 2013 or before (provided there is no complication with the treartment).

MichaelNadal
09-12-2012, 07:32 PM
I think 2014 will be his last year.

veroniquem
09-12-2012, 07:33 PM
And you know that how?

Clarky21
09-12-2012, 07:35 PM
And you know that how?

Because he is injury prone,and has 100 year old knees? Nadal will not be playing in 2016. It's delusional to believe he will be.

Clarky21
09-12-2012, 07:37 PM
No he won't. He said himself he wants to continue until Olympics in 2016. He's gonna come back for AO 2013 or before (provided there is no complication with the treartment).

Well,now the surgery option has come up again. Before they ruled it out,and now they have put it back on the table. I doubt he will be back for the AO,if he even comes back at all.

Clarky21
09-12-2012, 07:38 PM

Even though he won it this year,RG has not been a "lock" for Nadal since 2008.

tennisMVP
09-12-2012, 08:57 PM

But he only lost one set this year at Roland Garros (and the rain played a big part in that one lost set). That's lock-worthy.

FlashFlare11
09-12-2012, 09:48 PM
I think there are a lot of factors which will determine whether Nadal feels that it's time to call it a career. He has a lot of questions to answer.

What does he want from his career? Is he playing just to break records or does he truly enjoy the day-in day-out grind of the tour? Is it worth sacrificing his health (potentially permanently) for another 1-2 years playing at the pro level?

And most importantly: If he were to retire, could he do so and feel content that he maximized his career and would not regret hanging up his racquet?

tennisMVP
09-12-2012, 10:06 PM
I think there are a lot of factors which will determine whether Nadal feels that it's time to call it a career. He has a lot of questions to answer.

What does he want from his career? Is he playing just to break records or does he truly enjoy the day-in day-out grind of the tour? Is it worth sacrificing his health (potentially permanently) for another 1-2 years playing at the pro level?

And most importantly: If he were to retire, could he do so and feel content that he maximized his career and would not regret hanging up his racquet?

The only factor I've heard from Uncle Toni and Nadal is the 2016 Olympics. That is the only goal he has apparently.

Murrayfan31
09-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Nadal is definitely done. He might even retire sooner. Good for tennis to go away from this heavy topspin game.

Sentinel
09-13-2012, 01:22 AM

He'll be fine I think.

True, he doesn't need to play a full season or all Masters. He can win FO and possibly a couple WO's for the next 2-3 years keeping on a light schedule.

2016 is a stretch, I think his passion will be gone by then, but 2014 is quite reasonable.

Zarfot Z
09-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Where is NSK? He should be here reminding us how wrong we are.

DM07
09-13-2012, 01:34 AM
I think he'll be around for a couple more years, but I don't think he'll be making a big impact away from clay. Maybe one more W or AO or USO. He'll still win a couple more RGs.

PrinceMoron
09-13-2012, 01:35 AM

He'll be fine I think.

Physical age must be fast approaching 40 and he has already had more hours on court than you would wish on anyone.

tennisMVP
09-13-2012, 01:43 AM
Nadal is definitely done. He might even retire sooner. Good for tennis to go away from this heavy topspin game.

Nah, 2016 at the earliest. Uncle Toni said Nadal will play in the 2016 Olympics. And Nadal said that is the goal. Hard to argue primary evidence.

TennisLovaLova
09-13-2012, 01:58 AM
Nadal has retired from tennis. He is going to begin a second career in golf.

Golf in the morning.
Poker afterdark

tennisMVP
09-13-2012, 02:19 AM
Golf in the morning.
Poker afterdark

Nadal's interests are identical to Michael Jordan. How fitting.

Magnus
09-13-2012, 02:44 AM
I doubt he will retire, but if he does, good. It'll be the best thing for the sport (maybe people don't realize it on the short term, but long term it'll make tennis better)

TennisLovaLova
09-13-2012, 02:55 AM
I doubt he will retire, but if he does, good. It'll be the best thing for the sport (maybe people don't realize it on the short term, but long term it'll make tennis better)

Please explain why?
I'm a fed fan but I really want nadal back
I still wanna see a fedal uso final

mistik
09-13-2012, 03:07 AM

No ı dont have any insider or something to know this.Thats how ı feel when ı put all the pieces together.
They try take out every single penny from his fame now.Public waits eagerly for his return.Soon or later this publicity game can no longer be sustainable.

Alchemy-Z
09-13-2012, 03:34 AM
I say he's in it for at least 3 more years I think he has always planned to play till he was 30.

If anything me might manage his calendar different.

pound cat
09-13-2012, 03:54 AM
IMO he won't be back...he's fading away from tennis in order to pursue a second career, likely playing golf. He has nothing to prove to himself, tons of money, will get married...and Nadal fans will have him on the pro golf circuit winning more titles. (And Federer will be following soon, not as a golfer but as a replacement for the rich older man in the Dos Equis TV commenrcial)

DRII
09-13-2012, 04:03 AM
I wonder how many retirement perdictions came up in 2009?

namelessone
09-13-2012, 04:06 AM
IMO he won't be back...he's fading away from tennis in order to pursue a second career, likely playing golf. He has nothing to prove to himself, tons of money, will get married...and Nadal fans will have him on the pro golf circuit winning more titles. (And Federer will be following soon, not as a golfer but as a replacement for the rich older man in the Dos Equis TV commenrcial)

Nah, he'll be back. It remains to be seen in what form though and how much hunger he still has. Except WTF and a couple of MS(Cincy,Miami,Paris) Nadal has won everything of note in tennis and has finished 2 years as nr.1 so I doubt he is as motivated as he was when he was younger.

Still, all this talk of being a golf pro is BS I think. I don't think he can start this late and be any good at this sport. Plus, I doubt any Nadal fan would follow him if he pursues a golfing career. Golf is literally the most boring sport that I can think of, with curling coming in a close second.

tennisMVP
09-13-2012, 05:02 AM
I say he's in it for at least 3 more years I think he has always planned to play till he was 30.

If anything me might manage his calendar different.

3 more years? His goal is the 2016 Olympics. You really think he would retire one year before the Olympics? At least 4 more years would be the appropriate prediction. However if he's still winning Roland Garros in 2016, it will be very hard to retire.

CMM
09-13-2012, 05:06 AM
3 more years? His goal is the 2016 Olympics. You really think he would retire one year before the Olympics? At least 4 more years would be the appropriate prediction. However if he's still winning Roland Garros in 2016, it will be very hard to retire.

Look who's back. :rolleyes:

Sentinel
09-13-2012, 05:19 AM
Where is NSK? He should be here reminding us how wrong we are.

I was about to post just htis. Reminding us of Rafa winning slams into his 40s or was it 60s and giving us a primer on PRP.

syke
09-13-2012, 06:05 AM
Once *** is away... you will notice his other aliases disappear as well.

Russeljones
09-13-2012, 06:07 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he wins 2 Slams in 2013

emilyhex
09-13-2012, 06:16 AM

yeah, can't wait for the new flat ball era :)

Personally, I think his topspin rocks!!!

Crisstti
09-14-2012, 01:11 PM
I don't think Rafa has retired and is just not telling people. Now, if his body doesn't hold up to allow him to win important titles, if he keeps getting injured like this, I think he would.

cork_screw
09-14-2012, 01:35 PM
He won't. People like that don't just give up, unless you completely lost it. Take kobe bryant for example his pedigree for excellence and pushing himself to achieve the top pyramid of his sport is similar to Nadal. They will do anything they can do to win, they work hard and they are mentally solid. Kobe Bryant started getting really bad knees and actually endured a entire season, maybe 2 in which he played every game with bad knees, he ended up going to germany for stem cell surgery and they're all fixed, but he endured that much pain just to win. Nadal is nowhere near that pain, but he is just being more cautious about it. Just because YOU notice a lot of players retiring with Roddick, Ferrero, Chela doesn't mean that someone who is approaching their peak at a relatively median age is going to because the others weren't competing. Nadal being a solid 3 in the world is strong enough to keep winning and to give up now is really really shallow depth of perspective on your part to make such a random assessment. I bet you my salary that he won't retire if you in exchange stop writing threads based on just a shallow perspective with a current trend in mind.

Crisstti
09-14-2012, 01:46 PM
I like what you say cork_screw :)

cc0509
09-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Because he is injury prone,and has 100 year old knees? Nadal will not be playing in 2016. It's delusional to believe he will be.

I don't think he will be playing in 2016 but I don't think he is done yet. He will be back at the AO fit as a fiddle, just wait.

monfed
09-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Gosh,this again? How many times does it have to be repeated that Ralph won't retire till he goes past Fed's slam count? He has his sights locked on 17. It's understandable because he's a virtual lock for RG for how many more years, 3-4? And if he bags a couple of non-clay slams along the way,that's 7 right there. The HC slams are ridiculously slow, so who'll profit from it? Certainly not Fed.
The only reason he'll retire is if he's permanently injured which he's not.

Ms Nadal
09-15-2012, 11:32 AM
I think Rafa has retired myself. He is just holding onto the injury story for as long as he can to get more endorsements etc and he will make announcement after trying very hard to battle the injury. His uncle and Dr are making money from the story and the Dr is writing a book about Rafa's injuries. After they have all cashed in, retirement will be revealed. Rosol did some huge damage. Little did I know that match was to be Rafa's last tennis match. What a way for it to end.

Crisstti
09-15-2012, 03:20 PM
I think Rafa has retired myself. He is just holding onto the injury story for as long as he can to get more endorsements etc and he will make announcement after trying very hard to battle the injury. His uncle and Dr are making money from the story and the Dr is writing a book about Rafa's injuries. After they have all cashed in, retirement will be revealed. Rosol did some huge damage. Little did I know that match was to be Rafa's last tennis match. What a way for it to end.

So he has retired, and yet he's trying very hard to battle the injury?. What an amount of bs.

RF20Lennon
09-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Nadal resigned from the ATP Player Council because Federer was a roadblock. 95% of the players agreed with Nadal and then President Federer would disagree. Nadal saw no point in continuing the farce. It worked out well in the end, because now if the players boycott the Australian Open it will give Nadal a free slam title.

no actually most players who werent in the top agreed with fed. The only reason fed was against the two year ranking system was because it would be very difficult for the lower ranked players to come to the top and most of the tour agreed with him.

Arsnlrob
09-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Well people said Peyton Manning was done after 4 neck surgeries and sitting out football for a year. He looked pretty much back to normal last weekend.

Remember Nadal is only 25. He can take a year off and still have a couple good years left at the top of the sport.

RF20Lennon
09-15-2012, 03:32 PM
To answer the OP Nadal is not done please!! people were saying that back in 2009 and look what happened in 2010. But I hope fed can make the best of this though :)

Clarky21
09-15-2012, 03:35 PM
To answer the OP Nadal is not done please!! people were saying that back in 2009 and look what happened in 2010. But I hope fed can make the best of this though :)

Nadal is more than 3 years older now,and has never had an injury break last this long. It's worse now,and is not the same situation at all.

RF20Lennon
09-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Nadal is more than 3 years older now,and has never had an injury break last this long. It's worse now,and is not the same situation at all.

I guess i could agree somewhat! but I dont think hes totally done

bjsnider
09-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Well people said Peyton Manning was done after 4 neck surgeries and sitting out football for a year. He looked pretty much back to normal last weekend.

Remember Nadal is only 25. He can take a year off and still have a couple good years left at the top of the sport.

Nadal is 26, and will be 27 in June. He's been playing on the tour since he was 16, and remember, with Indiana Jones, that it ain't the years, it's the mileage.

Crisstti
09-15-2012, 05:31 PM
no actually most players who werent in the top agreed with fed. The only reason fed was against the two year ranking system was because it would be very difficult for the lower ranked players to come to the top and most of the tour agreed with him.

I don't think we actually know what the players' overall opinions were.

How long was the 2005 break?.

smoledman
09-15-2012, 05:38 PM
I agree Nadal is probably finished.

10Rosols

Clarky21
09-15-2012, 05:56 PM

How long was the 2005 break?.

Iirc,his injury break in 2005 lasted about 3 months into the beginning of 2006. It was not as long as this injury break,and he was much,much younger then.

vernonbc
09-15-2012, 06:23 PM

Rafa said that a large majority agreed with him. We do know that all the top players at the 2011 WTF agreed with Rafa and that Federer was the only one who didn't. We also know that the Bryan Bros and both Stakhovsky and Davydenko agreed with Rafa so I think it's reasonable to guess that Rafa's assertion was correct.

RF20Lennon
09-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Rafa said that a large majority agreed with him. We do know that all the top players at the 2011 WTF agreed with Rafa and that Federer was the only one who didn't. We also know that the Bryan Bros and both Stakhovsky and Davydenko agreed with Rafa so I think it's reasonable to guess that Rafa's assertion was correct.

where exactly is youre source?? The CEO of the ATP agreed with fed as it would hurt the lower ranked players big time!!

Rippy
09-15-2012, 06:40 PM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1329179424_mj-laughing1.gif

Crisstti
09-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Iirc,his injury break in 2005 lasted about 3 months into the beginning of 2006. It was not as long as this injury break,and he was much,much younger then.

I think the last tournament he played that year was Madrid, in October. Not sure what was the first tournament he played in 2006, but it had to be after the AO. Marseille in mid February?. So this one would still be some 1 or 2 months longer :-?

RF20Lennon
09-15-2012, 06:42 PM
is tennis MVP now officially the next NSK??

Crisstti
09-15-2012, 06:47 PM
where exactly is youre source?? The CEO of the ATP agreed with fed as it would hurt the lower ranked players big time!!

I think both Davydenko and Stakhovsky agreed about players getting more money. One or both the Bryan brothers said they agreed about a longer off season. Murray publicly said he agreed as well.

Clarky21
09-15-2012, 06:47 PM

He is ***,*********,and his other eleventy billion usernames.

Crisstti
09-15-2012, 06:58 PM

I think so :)

RF20Lennon
09-15-2012, 06:59 PM
I think both Davydenko and Stakhovsky agreed about players getting more money. One or both the Bryan brothers said they agreed about a longer off season. Murray publicly said he agreed as well.

no but see the bryan brothers and Murray are on top of the game the reason fed vetoed this plan was because it would hurt lower ranked players as it would be hard to come to the top. Anyway I agree with fed but thats just my opinion

RF20Lennon
09-15-2012, 06:59 PM
I think so :)

but atleast there still decent nadal fans left! :)

Crisstti
09-15-2012, 07:39 PM
no but see the bryan brothers and Murray are on top of the game the reason fed vetoed this plan was because it would hurt lower ranked players as it would be hard to come to the top. Anyway I agree with fed but thats just my opinion

I don't think a longer off season would hurt lower ranked players. There's a better argument for that when it comes to the 2 year ranking system.

Thing is, there are several proposed changes, and players would have their opinion about each of them.

mistik
09-15-2012, 08:22 PM
If Nadal offers something.That means it can only benefit him.He doesnt have any credibility about anything.His greed and selfish attidue well known in the tennis world.

Crisstti
09-15-2012, 08:49 PM
If Nadal offers something.That means it can only benefit him.He doesnt have any credibility about anything.His greed and selfish attidue well known in the tennis world.

Blah, blah, blah :rolleyes:

RF20Lennon
09-15-2012, 09:29 PM
I don't think a longer off season would hurt lower ranked players. There's a better argument for that when it comes to the 2 year ranking system.

Thing is, there are several proposed changes, and players would have their opinion about each of them.

yeah thats what i meant when said it would hurt lower ranked players

cc0509
09-15-2012, 10:06 PM

So because Rafa "said" a large majority of players agreed with him, that makes it so? Only to ********s who believe everything that comes out of Rafa's mouth would believe that.
Who are these players who form the majority and why didn't they speak out aside from a few strays like Stakhovsky and Davydenko who nobody gives a darn about. In your mind two scrubs like Stakhovsky and Davydenko constitute a majority? Until we hear from a majority that is when I will believe it.

Sabratha
09-15-2012, 10:42 PM
I think he's done.

cc0509
09-15-2012, 10:44 PM
I think he's done.

I don't think so, not yet.

Sid_Vicious
09-15-2012, 10:47 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1329179424_mj-laughing1.gif

This gif is legendary.

Ms Nadal
09-16-2012, 02:24 AM
So he has retired, and yet he's trying very hard to battle the injury?. What an amount of bs.

I don't believe the injury story! It's just a cover up to make money before the retirement announcement. Rafa is a very strange character, I don't know what to make of him at times. He always leaves his fans in limbo. If he isn't enjopying being a tennis player he should just come out with out along with the retirement thing. He is absolutely loving his time away from court, I can see no treason why he would ever want to return. Remember how he has moaned for over a year now concerning the whole tour and that he would rather be in his swimming pool. He isn't coming back! He must be thinking I am so glad I am away from that awful tour with all the matches, late night press conferences and all the annoying fans who don't give him a moments piece. Rafa doesn't even like the love he gets from the fans!

Nathaniel_Near
09-16-2012, 04:39 AM
Awww come on. Nadal will come back. He's got to fancy his chances at winning at least another RG, maybe more.

Sentinel
09-16-2012, 04:53 AM
I don't believe the injury story! It's just a cover up to make money before the retirement announcement. Rafa is a very strange character, I don't know what to make of him at times. He always leaves his fans in limbo. If he isn't enjopying being a tennis player he should just come out with out along with the retirement thing. He is absolutely loving his time away from court, I can see no treason why he would ever want to return. Remember how he has moaned for over a year now concerning the whole tour and that he would rather be in his swimming pool. He isn't coming back! He must be thinking I am so glad I am away from that awful tour with all the matches, late night press conferences and all the annoying fans who don't give him a moments piece. Rafa doesn't even like the love he gets from the fans!

You sound a lot like Ms Clarky :) -- which is of course a huge compliments -- she's the most popular and respected poster here.

Yeah, he should retire, have kids and then come back on the tour with his caboodle in tow and win a couple slams in front of them.

aznhippos
09-16-2012, 05:04 AM
(a) Studies have shown that an average professional tennis lifespan is approximately seven (7) years regardless of the starting age; for example, while many young girls are interested in turning pro, they might wish to note the amazing success that Samantha Stosur is having at the age of 26 years old.

From USTA (college or pro? pdf)

Looks like Nadals retiring then.

citybert
09-16-2012, 06:06 AM
(a) Studies have shown that an average professional tennis lifespan is approximately seven (7) years regardless of the starting age; for example, while many young girls are interested in turning pro, they might wish to note the amazing success that Samantha Stosur is having at the age of 26 years old.

From USTA (college or pro? pdf)

Looks like Nadals retiring then.

I agree. But it is average and Nadal im assuming is not the average pro. He should just play only the Clay season singles and doubles w Lopez. He could win a GS or two in doubles. If he cleans house during the clay season like he usually does that is still enough ATP point to be in the top 8 easily.

Crisstti
09-16-2012, 08:01 AM
So because Rafa "said" a large majority of players agreed with him, that makes it so? Only to ********s who believe everything that comes out of Rafa's mouth would believe that.
Who are these players who form the majority and why didn't they speak out aside from a few strays like Stakhovsky and Davydenko who nobody gives a darn about. In your mind two scrubs like Stakhovsky and Davydenko constitute a majority? Until we hear from a majority that is when I will believe it.

Well, what has Fed said about who supports his position?. I don't think he's said anything.

Plus, the Bryan brothers and Murray (and Dolgopolov and Djokovic?) also supported at least some of the things Rafa has proposed. And there are different issues and players might well agree with one and disagree with the another. We can't possibly know for a fact if a majority supports this or that anyway, unless they'd hold a public vote.

You sure seem to be someone close to him to know what he's thinking/feeling :rolleyes:

Ms Nadal
09-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Well, what has Fed said about who supports his position?. I don't think he's said anything.

Plus, the Bryan brothers and Murray (and Dolgopolov and Djokovic?) also supported at least some of the things Rafa has proposed. And there are different issues and players might well agree with one and disagree with the another. We can't possibly know for a fact if a majority supports this or that anyway, unless they'd hold a public vote.

You sure seem to be someone close to him to know what he's thinking/feeling :rolleyes:

Oh please, did I say I know him? I am an observer as everyone else. He seems to hate tennis to me. He has said as much in public. He hates the travelling, away from home too much, he is smiling so much on his fb pages. He hasn't smiled so much on court since 2008. And he always says he can't go out without being mobbed. Make of that what you want! This is a place to air views not for sarcasm! Don't like my posts, don't read or reply.

Crisstti
09-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Oh please, did I say I know him? I am an observer as everyone else. He seems to hate tennis to me. He has said as much in public. He hates the travelling, away from home too much, he is smiling so much on his fb pages. He hasn't smiled so much on court since 2008. And he always says he can't go out without being mobbed. Make of that what you want! This is a place to air views not for sarcasm! Don't like my posts, don't read or reply.

You sure talked as if you knew him.

He has never said he hates tennis. Nor complained about being mobbed. He has never been one to smile while playing a match either.

Ms Nadal
09-16-2012, 08:18 AM
He moans about being mobbed in his book. Saying he has to stay in his hotel room in NY and when at Wimby he has to be careful what time he goes to the shops. Plus: Where is he? Why isn't he playing? Injury, I don't believe. He just doesn't want to play anymore. He has just left his fans wondering what is going on?. The season after Wimby has been terrible for his fans! I tell you, for me anyway.

Crisstti
09-16-2012, 08:32 AM
He moans about being mobbed in his book. Saying he has to stay in his hotel room in NY and when at Wimby he has to be careful what time he goes to the shops. Plus: Where is he? Why isn't he playing? Injury, I don't believe. He just doesn't want to play anymore. He has just left his fans wondering what is going on?. The season after Wimby has been terrible for his fans! I tell you, for me anyway.

So I get it that you're upset that he hasn't been all that straightforward with his injury problems. I agree he hasn't, but does he really have to?. It's his health after all, I don't think he's obliged to share it with the world...

I don't see why wouldn't you believe that he's injured. Nothing new about it, he's been plagued with injuries all his career.

Yes it has been terrible since Wimbledon. But I really won't mind it if he comes back playing the way he can.

SwankPeRFection
09-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Face it people... Nadal will turn out just like Borg did. There are far too many similarities between them.

RF20Lennon
09-16-2012, 08:36 AM
After all this its possible he could retire I guess i mean hes achieved so much already! But im not convinced till I see it

Ms Nadal
09-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Face it people... Nadal will turn out just like Borg did. There are far too many similarities between them.

I have feared this for so long! My worst fear!

Ms Nadal
09-16-2012, 08:41 AM
So I get it that you're upset that he hasn't been all that straightforward with his injury problems. I agree he hasn't, but does he really have to?. It's his health after all, I don't think he's obliged to share it with the world...

I don't see why wouldn't you believe that he's injured. Nothing new about it, he's been plagued with injuries all his career.

Yes it has been terrible since Wimbledon. But I really won't mind it if he comes back playing the way he can.

I just want Rafa to come back and play. Nobody plays like Rafa. He has been gone for too long that makes me start to worry.

RF20Lennon
09-16-2012, 08:42 AM
I just want Rafa to come back and play. Nobody plays like Rafa. He has been gone for too long that makes me start to worry.

Pretty sure he's gonna come back! I mean hes always had the fighting spirit

Nostradamus
09-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Nadal will not be back for Davis cup final against Czech. It will be played on super fast indoor court in Czech republic and he will not participate in that. not worth it.

RF20Lennon
09-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Nadal will not be back for Davis cup final against Czech. It will be played on super fast indoor court in Czech republic and he will not participate in that. not worth it.

LOL forget it then Rafa will not even enter the stadium to watch it! I think Czechs are the HUGE fav now especially with Berdych!

Ms Nadal
09-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Pretty sure he's gonna come back! I mean hes always had the fighting spirit

Thanks for your comforting words. I need that! :)

Ms Nadal
09-16-2012, 08:51 AM

That is fine, as it wouldn't be fair for Rafa to come back and take someones place anyway. I don't like Rafa doing that.

RF20Lennon
09-16-2012, 08:53 AM
That is fine, as it wouldn't be fair for Rafa to come back and take someones place anyway. I don't like Rafa doing that.

My guess is he's going to be back in Doha next year most likely! But my guess is he would probably be in good shape for the aussie

Crisstti
09-16-2012, 08:55 AM

Seems like we might be on the same page after all. I would be so sad if Rafa would retire now... it would be way too soon.

LOL forget it then Rafa will not even enter the stadium to watch it! I think Czechs are the HUGE fav now especially with Berdych!

It is a pity Argentina couldn't take advantage of this opportunity yo finally win the DC.

Ms Nadal
09-16-2012, 08:57 AM
My guess is he's going to be back in Doha next year most likely! But my guess is he would probably be in good shape for the aussie

I agree, especially with it being in that wonderful part of the world where he gets a kings ransom money. I think Rafa may even return for the Exhibition Abu Dhabi tournament in late December. The money will call loudly at him! :)

RF20Lennon
09-16-2012, 08:57 AM
It is a pity Argentina couldn't take advantage of this opportunity yo finally win the DC.[/QUOTE]

yes i agree^^ but the thing is delpo had to pull out! if he was healthy im pretty sure he wouldve beaten berdy

RF20Lennon
09-16-2012, 08:59 AM
I agree, especially with it being in that wonderful part of the world where he gets a kings ransom money. I think Rafa may even return for the Exhibition Abu Dhabi tournament in late December. The money will call loudly at him! :)

Oh yeah i forgot about Abu Dhabi! yeah fed and rafa go there every year! :) isnt rafa scheduled to play an exo with someone was it end of this year or next year?

Ms Nadal
09-16-2012, 09:03 AM
I think Rafa is playing an exhibition at MSG in March or something. Haven't heard about another this year end.

Nostradamus
09-16-2012, 09:43 AM

Not too fast. Ferrer is dangerous on fast courts too. US open is the perfect example, almost got to the final. and Fellipo Lopez and Verdasco can power past their opponents on fast courts.

Clarky21
09-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Not too fast. Ferrer is dangerous on fast courts too. US open is the perfect example, almost got to the final. and Fellipo Lopez and Verdasco can power past their opponents on fast courts.

Who is that? Is he new? :lol:

RF20Lennon
09-16-2012, 09:47 AM

havent you heard of him?? He is the next real GOAT!

Crisstti
09-16-2012, 11:34 AM
yes i agree^^ but the thing is delpo had to pull out! if he was healthy im pretty sure he wouldve beaten berdy

Yeah, that was very unfortunate...

Oh yeah i forgot about Abu Dhabi! yeah fed and rafa go there every year! :) isnt rafa scheduled to play an exo with someone was it end of this year or next year?

Next year.

Prisoner of Birth
09-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Nadal will Retire.

Yeah, and the sky is blue.

swordtennis
09-16-2012, 01:11 PM
O no not again and again and again...... yawn Nadal is going nowhere.
He is going to get treatments and will come back Running, Retrieving and Raging.
If he retires I will be very surprised.

Ms Nadal
09-16-2012, 02:31 PM
O no not again and again and again...... yawn Nadal is going nowhere.
He is going to get treatments and will come back Running, Retrieving and Raging.
If he retires I will be very surprised.

I hope you are right!

vernonbc
09-16-2012, 02:58 PM

I don't understand why people think he hasn't been straight forward. What more do they want him to do or say? He's issued statements, he's had press conferences, his doctors have had press conferences, they've shown diagrams describing exactly what his problems are. Medicine isn't an exact science unless it's something obvious like a broken limb where the bone is sticking out of the skin. When it's a situation like Rafa's knee, the inflammation and years of built up scar tissue would make it doubly difficult to immediately diagnose why this pain was caused by something different than his usual pain but they've kept the public and the media informed all along the way.

I do agree with you that in any case, Rafa is not obligated to share his medical information with anybody. Nobody got their knickers in a knot when Roger pulled out of tournaments last year to 'rest his groin' nor did they demand pictures and doctor's reports. On the other hand, it shows how popular Rafa is and how important he is to the tennis world that after so many months and so many important tournaments and newsworthy events, he's getting more attention than almost anyone else. ;)

This rest and healing period is going to do wonders for him both physically and mentally and I have no doubt he's going to be back next year better than ever.

Clarky21
09-16-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't understand why people think he hasn't been straight forward. What more do they want him to do or say? He's issued statements, he's had press conferences, his doctors have had press conferences, they've shown diagrams describing exactly what his problems are. Medicine isn't an exact science unless it's something obvious like a broken limb where the bone is sticking out of the skin. When it's a situation like Rafa's knee, the inflammation and years of built up scar tissue would make it doubly difficult to immediately diagnose why this pain was caused by something different than his usual pain but they've kept the public and the media informed all along the way.

I do agree with you that in any case, Rafa is not obligated to share his medical information with anybody. Nobody got their knickers in a knot when Roger pulled out of tournaments last year to 'rest his groin' nor did they demand pictures and doctor's reports. On the other hand, it shows how popular Rafa is and how important he is to the tennis world that after so many months and so many important tournaments and newsworthy events, he's getting more attention than almost anyone else. ;)

This rest and healing period is going to do wonders for him both physically and mentally and I have no doubt he's going to be back next year better than ever.

Did he tell you that personally?

No.

Ms Nadal
09-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Roger is more admired whereas Rafa is loved. Hence the interest with his knees. I just miss him and want him to come back. I wish I could gift him with a new pair of knees! Hehe!

Ms Nadal
09-16-2012, 03:43 PM
VernonBC, I like your positive ideology about Rafa coming back strong. Let's hope this materalises as you have stated.

mistik
09-16-2012, 04:27 PM
I think this retirement plan of Rafa taken after 2011.His injury problems didnt come to him in one day.İt is long process that his body is breaking down and he also never loved tennis all that much,it was all about money.
All the signals showing he is going to retire with in few months.Resigned from player council,ugly sponsorship deals,reports that he is rude to the fans in the tournaments.This doesnt seem to be a guy who thinks he has few years left.

Clarky21
09-16-2012, 04:53 PM
I think this retirement plan of Rafa taken after 2011.His injury problems didnt come to him in one day.İt is long process that his body is breaking down and he also never loved tennis all that much,it was all about money.
All the signals showing he is going to retire with in few months.Resigned from player council,ugly sponsorship deals,reports that he is rude to the fans in the tournaments.This doesnt seem to be a guy who thinks he has few years left.

What's this about?

mistik
09-16-2012, 05:03 PM
What's this about?
I heard some stuff like he isnt signing photographs after his practice sessions as he used to.İn last year Us Open fans even shouted please Rafa we wait all day.He gave a bad look on them and then the girl ı spoke said he sent his İtalian PR guy to them to say that he doesnt have any energy for that.
I also heard from Thai girl that Rafa was so rude to the fans in Thailand in 2010,Nadal even said to her he only came there for vacation not to talk with people but the girl said to me he was also playing a tournament in Thailand that year,how can be only a vacation ??:confused:

Clarky21
09-16-2012, 05:11 PM
I heard some stuff like he isnt signing photographs after his practice sessions as he used to.İn last year Us Open fans even shouted please Rafa we wait all day.He gave a bad look on them and then the girl ı spoke said he sent his İtalian PR guy to them to say that he doesnt have any energy for that.
I also heard from Thai girl that Rafa was so rude to the fans in Thailand in 2010,Nadal even said to her he only came there for vacation not to talk with people but the girl said to me he was also playing a tournament in Thailand that year,how can be only a vacation ??:confused:

Wow. I hope that stuff isn't true. Also,Nadal's pr guy is not Italian,so I'm not sure who that girl talked to because no way was it Benito.

mistik
09-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Wow. I hope that stuff isn't true. Also,Nadal's pr guy is not Italian,so I'm not sure who that girl talked to because no way was it Benito.

I think it should have been Benito.Maybe they thought he is İtalian,ı dont know really.There can also be some annoying fans who can make you angry,you know.One thing ı know ı am fan if a player say to me ı am tired,ı dont have energy ı wouldnt be that sad.To sent PR guy to the fans is ugly.

The_Order
09-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Federer shouted shut up to the fans. I guess this isn't rude though...

kishnabe
09-16-2012, 06:53 PM

Filip Peliwo and Felciano Lopez combined?

SwankPeRFection
09-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Federer shouted shut up to the fans. I guess this isn't rude though...

No, Fed shouted that at a stupid fan who was rooting for his opponent and called one of his "IN" shots "Out" prematurely, causing him to hesitate and miss hit the next shot coming to him. It's a BS move on his/her part for doing that and Fed put them in their place. Bet they didn't open their mouths again after that. I would have done the same, except there would have been an "F" thrown in there for good measure. ;)

Clarky21
09-16-2012, 07:13 PM
No, Fed shouted that at a stupid fan who was rooting for his opponent and called one of his "IN" shots "Out" prematurely, causing him to hesitate and miss hit the next shot coming to him. It's a BS move on his/her part for doing that and Fed put them in their place. Bet they didn't open their mouths again after that. I would have done the same, except there would have been an "F" thrown in there for good measure. ;)

Yep,and I bet you'd feel the same way if Nadal did that,huh? Nadal gets his a** jumped around here for doing way less than that.

cc0509
09-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Did he tell you that personally?

No.

In her mind he did. ;)

Towser83
09-16-2012, 07:40 PM

hmm I dunno, if it were true, surely there would be 20 threads on the subject already :lol:

Clarky21
09-16-2012, 08:02 PM
In her mind he did. ;)

It's the voices again. :lol:

Nostradamus
09-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Nadal is magic. Magical people never retire.

Sentinel
09-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Nadal is magic. Magical people never retire.

Right. Magical people just vanish in a puff of smoke.:)

Crisstti
09-16-2012, 09:12 PM

Well, you can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand when he called that sort of press conference where he talked to several journalists, he just said he had Hoffa's disease and that his tendons were fine. And they announce a while later that he had a partial tear.

I think it should have been Benito.Maybe they thought he is İtalian,ı dont know really.There can also be some annoying fans who can make you angry,you know.One thing ı know ı am fan if a player say to me ı am tired,ı dont have energy ı wouldnt be that sad.To sent PR guy to the fans is ugly.

I don't see why. Especially if the fans were being rude. This reminds me of some story I read somewhere, about him practising on a private court somewhere and some fans being quite rude in demanding he approached them and signed autographs. It was mentioned that he told them he always signed autographs but he was working, and then Benito told them to leave him alone. And then Rafa signed autographs for them anyway. I wonder if this is the story you're thinking of.

Anyway, you mention he would have been rude to some fans in 2010 in Thailand, in which case that would have nothing to do with him planning to retire.

Crisstti
09-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Uhm, Vernon is basically expressing a hope, which she believes is how it's going to be as well. Somehow saying he's done is OK but this isn't?.

Clarky21
09-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Uhm, Vernon is basically expressing a hope, which she believes is how it's going to be as well. Somehow saying he's done is OK but this isn't?.

She can express whatever she likes. It's ok to be optimistic,but there comes a point where you have to be realistic,and Vernon rarely is.

Rocky89
09-16-2012, 11:34 PM

Wow, way to twist the story around. This is the incident you're talking about written from a fan

http://www.rafaholics.com/2011/09/rafalinkage-practice-nike-bacardi.html

there where so many people there, I could hear them scream at Rafa, telling him hey get over here & give me your autograph. There was one man who yelled "for the prices I pay for these tickets you should be handing me drinks" & that did if for me.

Told him to shut the eff up! who the hell do you think you are? Rafa is not your effn slave.. I mean these people were so rude to him & demanding that they receive some attention from him.. I felt really bad for him. Rafa stopped practice & finally came over to the fence & told them "please I am working now" "I am always giving autographs & being nice all the time pls let me practice" even Uncle Toni came over & told them to leave Rafa alone & after awhile Benito did too but by that time I walked over to the fence. And after all that Rafa went over after he was finished & signed some autographs for them.. I felt so bad for him

How is that rude? He was being heckled and he signed autographs for them afterwards anyways. Seeing as you completely changed the first story I have a hard time believing the second story from the fan in Thailand.

You shouldn't defame someone before checking your souces.

mistik
09-17-2012, 04:18 AM
Wow, way to twist the story around. This is the incident you're talking about written from a fan

How is that rude? He was being heckled and he signed autographs for them afterwards anyways. Seeing as you completely changed the first story I have a hard time believing the second story from the fan in Thailand.

First you have to understand that ı shared what ı heard,ı didnt copy stuff from an article or something.Second ı am not even sure about it is the same story.The funny thing that you dont believe me but chose to believe a fan side.:):) That fan sides of Rafa like VB and Rafaholics are pathetic.They can even defend Rafa even he murdered someone else.

The last thing is few incidents in players career is normal.These players also human.They can get grumpy and angry just like everyone else.The problem is when that behavior is becomes so common rather than just a grumpy day.

Sriki_tennis_maniac
09-17-2012, 05:00 AM
Tennis needs Nadal. Knowing what a fighter he is.. i guess he'll be back with a bang

Crisstti
09-17-2012, 06:37 AM

Thanks for finding it. That's the story I was remembering and clearly the story Mistik was thinking of.

First you have to understand that ı shared what ı heard,ı didnt copy stuff from an article or something.Second ı am not even sure about it is the same story.The funny thing that you dont believe me but chose to believe a fan side.:):) That fan sides of Rafa like VB and Rafaholics are pathetic.They can even defend Rafa even he murdered someone else.

The last thing is few incidents in players career is normal.These players also human.They can get grumpy and angry just like everyone else.The problem is when that behavior is becomes so common rather than just a grumpy day.

The funny thing is, you posted hearsay which you somehow barely remembered and completely twisted around.

And why wouldn't a first person account be more believable?. You clearly had no idea what you were talking about.

RF20Lennon
09-17-2012, 06:43 AM
Whoever said shut up to that fan is justified in doing so

mistik
09-17-2012, 06:49 AM
Rafa just posted Golf video on facebook.I wish him all the best,if he decides to try Golf.All the signals shows that he will never turn back to tennis.Which is really sad.

Clarky21
09-17-2012, 06:51 AM
Rafa just posted Golf video on facebook.I wish him all the best,if he decides to try Golf.All the signals shows that he will never turn back to tennis.Which is really sad.

All he did was post a video of lucky golf shots that he liked. Nadal is not going to be a pro golfer.

RF20Lennon
09-17-2012, 06:56 AM
Rafa will become a conquistador!!

mistik
09-17-2012, 07:00 AM
All he did was post a video of lucky golf shots that he liked. Nadal is not going to be a pro golfer.
Clarky .It isnt all that easy anyway,but maybe he will try.I doubt that he will be successful.

monfed
09-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Ralph certainly has my full support to pursue his career in golf. That sport is boring anyway so he'll fit right in.

Clarky21
09-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Clarky .It isnt all that easy anyway,but maybe he will try.I doubt that he will be successful.

If he does switch to golf he will fail. Nadal is far from being good enough to compete at the pro level. Hopefully he knows that and doesn't make a fool of himself.

mistik
09-17-2012, 07:23 AM
If he does switch to golf he will fail. Nadal is far from being good enough to compete at the pro level. Hopefully he knows that and doesn't make a fool of himself.

The thing is that ı begin to feel his injury is career threatening.İf there is any chance to turn back to tennis,ı think he will but ı begin to doubt it very highly .Golf will be his main hobby.He will try to test himself to see what he is capable off.

mistik
09-18-2012, 01:09 PM
The guy cant even talk hopefully of playing AO. That says it all.He will probably give it a try in clay court season then fade away.

cc0509
09-18-2012, 03:57 PM

Do you have a crystal ball? If you do, smash it to pieces because you are the worst predictor I have ever seen. Nadal is not done yet, now stop polluting the threads with these stupid baseless predictions based on your Nadal hate. Even though I am more of a Federer fan, I find them annoying and silly. Enough already.

Crisstti
09-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Do you have a crystal ball? If you do, smash it to pieces because you are the worst predictor I have ever seen. Nadal is not done yet, now stop polluting the threads with these stupid baseless predictions based on your Nadal hate. Even though I am more of a Federer fan, I find them annoying and silly. Enough already.

Yeah, I'm thinking this Mistik guy is just a troll, some Nadal hater posing as a disappointed Nadal fan, or whatever ridiculous thing he's trying to pose as.

Nathaniel_Near
09-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking this Mistik guy is just a troll, some Nadal hater posing as a disappointed Nadal fan, or whatever ridiculous thing he's trying to pose as.

You still post here... ah.

RF20Lennon
09-18-2012, 05:49 PM
yes i agree with the OP nadal will retire!....eventually

vernonbc
09-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Funny, I heard from a number of Thai people, and people from several other Asian countries that went to Thailand just to see Rafa, that he was wonderful with the fans and talked to them a lot and signed autographs and had pictures taken with them. Go search the archives at Nadal News and you'll find all sorts of stories from ecstatic fans.

Well, you can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand when he called that sort of press conference where he talked to several journalists, he just said he had Hoffa's disease and that his tendons were fine. And they announce a while later that he had a partial tear.
Hi Crisstti. You're right that at the presser where he talked about the Hoffa's syndrome he did say his tendons were fine. 'Fine' is probably relative. His tendons will never be fine as he has caused too much damage to them and there is too much scar tissue built up but the treatments he has had have gotten them into relatively good shape. It's my understanding that the small tear was discovered after they managed to reduce the inflammation from the fatty pad impingement although Tio Toni said the fat has hardened so treatment is going more slowly than they had hoped.

I don't claim to know a lot about medicine but I read a lot and from personal experience I know a fair bit about athletes and their bodies and I do know that pros put their bodies through stresses that normal bodies aren't meant to be put through. It doesn't surprise me a bit when the medical experts aren't able to immediately diagnose problems and give definitive information, not just about Rafa but about most other tennis players either, e.g. Monfils' knee, Del Potro's wrist, Hewitt's foot problems. Hopefully, for instance, Delpo's wrist will be good after two weeks of immobilization but if it's not, I don't think either he or his doctors will be criticized and ridiculed and held up for intense scrutiny like Rafa has been.

Crazy isn't it? If it's negative garbage it's fine. If it's positive hope, it's time to call people names. :rolleyes:

ultradr
09-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong: Nadal debuted at 17, played about 6 months, beating
Federer, and sidelined for nearly 1 year with injury. And then he came back and
won his first French, right?

Zarfot Z
09-19-2012, 01:24 AM

Lightning never strikes the same spot twice.

His knees can only hold up so long before they crack.

Crisstti
09-19-2012, 06:27 AM
Funny, I heard from a number of Thai people, and people from several other Asian countries that went to Thailand just to see Rafa, that he was wonderful with the fans and talked to them a lot and signed autographs and had pictures taken with them. Go search the archives at Nadal News and you'll find all sorts of stories from ecstatic fans.

Mistik is just a Rafa hating troll, lying out of his teeth.

Hi Crisstti. You're right that at the presser where he talked about the Hoffa's syndrome he did say his tendons were fine. 'Fine' is probably relative. His tendons will never be fine as he has caused too much damage to them and there is too much scar tissue built up but the treatments he has had have gotten them into relatively good shape. It's my understanding that the small tear was discovered after they managed to reduce the inflammation from the fatty pad impingement although Tio Toni said the fat has hardened so treatment is going more slowly than they had hoped.

I don't claim to know a lot about medicine but I read a lot and from personal experience I know a fair bit about athletes and their bodies and I do know that pros put their bodies through stresses that normal bodies aren't meant to be put through. It doesn't surprise me a bit when the medical experts aren't able to immediately diagnose problems and give definitive information, not just about Rafa but about most other tennis players either, e.g. Monfils' knee, Del Potro's wrist, Hewitt's foot problems. Hopefully, for instance, Delpo's wrist will be good after two weeks of immobilization but if it's not, I don't think either he or his doctors will be criticized and ridiculed and held up for intense scrutiny like Rafa has been.

No, of course they won't.

I doubt the tear was discovered after the press conference. If it was like that what was Toni talking about when he said the injury had happened during Wimbledon?. Plus, it seemed like they were not really telling everything since Rafa was saying he would change the amount of tournaments he would play and which tournaments to play if he had to, while his doctor was saying the Hoffa's syndrome wasn't anything serious... I do guess that going by the fact that he was trying to see if he could play the Olympics maybe they didn't know about the tear then, because it would have been insane to play them like that. Who knows really.

Crazy isn't it? If it's negative garbage it's fine. If it's positive hope, it's time to call people names. :rolleyes:

Yep, it is crazy.

Crisstti
09-19-2012, 06:30 AM

No, I don't think that's right. He debuted younger than that, he had already beaten Costa (I think) and Moya in 2002 or 2003.
The injury he had in early 2004 sidelined him for the clay and grass season ,but it must have been much less than a year. I don't think that more than three months.

Ms Nadal
09-19-2012, 08:35 AM
I just want Rafa to get fit and healthy and return to the tour it is boring without him. I won't post my doom and gloom anymore everybody. I was just airing my fears. I adore Rafa and I am scared about his future. No need to shoot me down. I am upset and scared about my favourite player ever!

Lambo
09-19-2012, 10:00 AM
no..........

RF20Lennon
09-19-2012, 10:10 AM
AO 2013 is judgement time

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 10:14 AM

No,the clay season is where we will know if Nadal should call it a career or not. He will not be ready at the AO(if he even plays it),and will be out by the end of the first week.

RF20Lennon
09-19-2012, 10:16 AM
No,the clay season is where we will know if Nadal should call it a career or not.

yes I agree clay season will decide although still he should be ok for AO

6-1 6-3 6-0
09-19-2012, 10:20 AM

He's going to win AO 2013, beating Djokovic along the way. The perfect way to start 2013 before wiping up Federer and Djokovic on the clay-courts.

Cup8489
09-19-2012, 10:21 AM
He's going to win AO 2013, beating Djokovic along the way. The perfect way to start 2013 before wiping up Federer and Djokovic on the clay-courts.

So confident, let's make a bet.

6-1 6-3 6-0
09-19-2012, 10:24 AM
So confident, let's make a bet.

I'm not usually a betting man (I make enough money in my life to last me another 80 years at least), but I already bet some money on Bet365, on Nadal to win Australian Open 2013.

Cup8489
09-19-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm not usually a betting man (I make enough money in my life to last me another 80 years at least), but I already bet some money on Bet365, on Nadal to win Australian Open 2013.

Cool story.

I bet Nadal won't win the Australian Open, and If I'm wrong I'll leave the boards. You're confident enough you should be able to bet the same thing.

RF20Lennon
09-19-2012, 10:27 AM

And I will end year as #1 with a wimby and a USO in 2013 :D

6-1 6-3 6-0
09-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Cool story.

I bet Nadal won't win the Australian Open, and If I'm wrong I'll leave the boards. You're confident enough you should be able to bet the same thing.

No, I only bet for money, not meaningless forum posting privileges. I also only bet with 100% trustworthy registered gambling companies.

6-1 6-3 6-0
09-19-2012, 10:29 AM
And I will end year as #1 with a wimby and a USO in 2013 :D

Not sure if you actually think you're Federer (which wouldn't surprise me as lots of arrogant Federer fans wish they were him), or if you're actually referring to yourself (both are impossible by the way).

R.Federer
09-19-2012, 10:46 AM
nadal will prob retire in 2014 cant see his body holding up beyond then if its breaking down now

RF20Lennon
09-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Not sure if you actually think you're Federer (which wouldn't surprise me as lots of arrogant Federer fans wish they were him), or if you're actually referring to yourself (both are impossible by the way).

If nadal wins the Aussie next year I'm a lock for those 3!! ;)

Cup8489
09-19-2012, 02:25 PM
No, I only bet for money, not meaningless forum posting privileges. I also only bet with 100% trustworthy registered gambling companies.

Too scared?

NLBwell
09-19-2012, 02:52 PM
I think Nadal might win a couple more slams if he takes good care of his body. Don't think he will ever be #1 again, though, since he will probably take a lot of time off.

Ms Nadal
09-19-2012, 02:56 PM
As I said after 2009, Rafa should only play the Masters 1000s and slams. No exhibitions, Davis Cup etc. Rafa cannot play all these matches as he used to. All those matches in his early days have left lasting damage. And he is adding to the strain on his body everytime he plays. Rafa must take extra good care of his body when he returns. I want another 2-3 year of Rafa.

vil
09-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Well, the type of game he plays, is simply not sustainable. That's why he has injuries already. Look at light footed Federer, he is over 30 and still going strong. I'd hate to see him retire (Nadal) but I'm convinced he will finish his career earlier than most top players in average. I'm not betting when that's gonna be but even if he comes out of this one, there will be another one and another one. Eventually he'll have to quit.

Ms Nadal
09-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Well, the type of game he plays, is simply not sustainable. That's why he has injuries already. Look at light footed Federer, he is over 30 and still going strong. I'd hate to see him retire (Nadal) but I'm convinced he will finish his career earlier than most top players in average. I'm not betting when that's gonna be but even if he comes out of this one, there will be another one and another one. Eventually he'll have to quit.

We must enjoy Rafa while he is around as there will never be another Rafael Nadal!

ultradr
09-19-2012, 03:30 PM
No, I don't think that's right. He debuted younger than that, he had already beaten Costa (I think) and Moya in 2002 or 2003.
The injury he had in early 2004 sidelined him for the clay and grass season ,but it must have been much less than a year. I don't think that more than three months.

You are right. It looks like he debuted at 14-17 playing satelite tournaments.

He sidedlined during clay and grass seasons, which is most important
part of full season( at least for him ) and i think that's pretty much 1 year
worth.

So I think it's regularly happening thruout his career and too early to tell
he is nearing retirement.

vil
09-19-2012, 03:31 PM
That's true but wouldn't look at it that way. These top guys are all unique in some respect. There will be time when they all retire but new talents of a different kind will emerge, which is exciting.
You gotta love tennis.

RF20Lennon
09-19-2012, 05:21 PM
We must enjoy Rafa while he is around as there will never be another Rafael Nadal!

But unfortunately there will be millions of ***'s :(

tennisMVP
09-19-2012, 05:24 PM

Or in your case "I must enjoy hating Rafael Nadal, because I will never hate anyone more than Rafael Nadal".

Crisstti
09-19-2012, 06:15 PM
You are right. It looks like he debuted at 14-17 playing satelite tournaments.

He sidedlined during clay and grass seasons, which is most important
part of full season( at least for him ) and i think that's pretty much 1 year
worth.

So I think it's regularly happening thruout his career and too early to tell
he is nearing retirement.

That 2004 injury wasn't a chronic problem though. I think he's been having chronic problems since 2007 at last anyway, so for a long time indeed.

6-1 6-3 6-0
09-20-2012, 01:41 AM
Too scared?

Your offer is meaningless to me, it is worth nothing. And besides, even if you did leave, you could so easily come back under a different username. :mad:

kOaMaster
09-20-2012, 01:47 AM
I don't see why Nadal would want to retire!?
He just won a French Open before his break in a dominant way others can only dream of.
If there's any chance he still likes to play tennis, he will continue. Probably not before the AO13 but he will.

tennisMVP
09-20-2012, 02:02 AM
He just won a French Open before his break in a dominant way others can only dream of.
If there's any chance he still likes to play tennis, he will continue. Probably not before the AO13 but he will.

Well, he has already said twice (or 3 times) that his main goal is the 2016 Olympics. Uncle Toni even came out and said "Rafa will be playing the 2016 Olympics." The only people that mentioned retirement are those scared of Nadal.

beast of mallorca
09-20-2012, 02:07 AM

The only people who would want Rafa to retire, are the scarDy cat fans of Federer (the ******* type), because they pee in their pants when they see Rafa playing Fed, especially during GS.

6-1 6-3 6-0
09-20-2012, 02:07 AM

There is still plenty for Nadal to achieve, such as becoming the first male player to win a slam 8 times, amongst numerous other records he could aim for. As long as Nadal is motivated, he can't really be stopped (obviously- see 2010).

SQA333
09-20-2012, 03:39 AM
There is still plenty for Nadal to achieve, such as becoming the first male player to win a slam 8 times, amongst numerous other records he could aim for. As long as Nadal is motivated, he can't really be stopped (obviously- see 2010).

Pretty sure Nadal was motivated for most of 2011 as well (up until the US Open, at least). Look how that turned out.

tennisMVP
09-20-2012, 07:19 AM
Pretty sure Nadal was motivated for most of 2011 as well (up until the US Open, at least). Look how that turned out.

Nadal made the final of Wimbledon and US Open in 2011. If he made those 2 finals it would mean he's made all 4 slam finals in 2012. That would probably give him the number one ranking.

6-1 6-3 6-0
09-20-2012, 07:25 AM

Yep, it still ensured that he performed far better than Federer did at those events, and had one of his best first halves of a year in 2012.

jokinla
09-20-2012, 07:48 AM

Depends on how motivated Rosol is.

RF20Lennon
09-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Depends on how motivated Rosol is.

LMAO^^^
100Rosols

Gorecki
09-20-2012, 07:54 AM

is that so... lets look at some highlights of that year....

R16 Jurgen Melzer (AUT) 12 L 1-6, 6-3, 3-6

S Ivan Ljubicic (CRO) 26 L 6-3, 4-6, 6-7(1) Stats

Q Feliciano Lopez (ESP) 31 L 6-7(5), 4-6 Stats

Q Marcos Baghdatis (CYP) 20 L 4-6, 6-4, 4-6 Stats

wow... who are those monsters there...

R.Federer
09-20-2012, 07:56 AM
nadal needs to chaage his game to adapt to the new type of tennis to beat the rosols of this world he cant rely on just moonballing anymore thats why i believe rosol would beat nadal at wim13 and crush him 61 6 3 6 0 at the us open as that is even faster

tennisMVP
09-20-2012, 08:00 AM
nadal needs to chaage his game to adapt to the new type of tennis to beat the rosols of this world he cant rely on just moonballing anymore thats why i believe rosol would beat nadal at wim13 and crush him 61 6 3 6 0 at the us open as that is even faster

I think Nadal would be encouraged that Rosol played his absolute best and still needed a 6-4 fifth set to win. Highly unlikely Rosol will ever play that well again, therefore highly unlikely he will ever beat Nadal again. Reminds me of Soderling-

2011 Roland Garros
Nadal defeated Soderling 6-4, 6-1, 7-6(3)

2010 Wimbledon
Nadal defeated Soderling 3-6, 6-3, 7-6(4), 6-1

2010 Roland Garros
Nadal defeated Soderling 6-4, 6-2, 6-4

Clarky21
09-20-2012, 08:02 AM

This entire post is R-U-B-B-I-S-H. It's just beyond ridiculous and just plain silly.

R.Federer
09-20-2012, 08:03 AM
I think Nadal would be encouraged that Rosol played his absolute best and still needed a 6-4 fifth set to win. Highly unlikely Rosol will ever play that well again, therefore highly unlikely he will ever beat Nadal again. Reminds me of Soderling-

2011 Roland Garros
Nadal defeated Soderling 6-4, 6-1, 7-6(3)

2010 Wimbledon
Nadal defeated Soderling 3-6, 6-3, 7-6(4), 6-1

2010 Roland Garros
Nadal defeated Soderling 6-4, 6-2, 6-4

is soderling, rosol in disguise i dont think so he serves bigger than robin hits flater than him and can move better, rosol is the new futue of tennis like roanic

RF20Lennon
09-20-2012, 08:34 AM
Your offer is meaningless to me, it is worth nothing. And besides, even if you did leave, you could so easily come back under a different username. :mad:

Just like you have done?? For the what 15th time now?

Ms Nadal
09-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Or in your case "I must enjoy hating Rafael Nadal, because I will never hate anyone more than Rafael Nadal".

I love Rafa! Have no idea why you think I hate him. I am just scared with this long break. I travel around the world just to see Rafa play and wait for him at tournaments for hours. Would I do that If I didn't love him? You have confused some of my posts for something else. It is love for Rafa and insecurity that his amazing journey is at a standstill at the mo.

6-1 6-3 6-0
09-20-2012, 09:01 AM
This entire post is R-U-B-B-I-S-H. It's just beyond ridiculous and just plain silly.

Note the content of his post- he mentions the 6-1 6-3 6-0 scoreline. So insecure is he about that loss to Federer, on one of the biggest stages in tennis (a grand slam final, not a pathetic round-robin match), that he can't help but mention it sub-consciously.

RF20Lennon
09-20-2012, 09:03 AM
I love Rafa! Have no idea why you think I hate him. I am just scared with this long break. I travel around the world just to see Rafa play and wait for him at tournaments for hours. Would I do that If I didn't love him? You have confused some of my posts for something else. It is love for Rafa and insecurity that his amazing journey is at a standstill at the mo.

Why do I feel this is xisca! :twisted:

Ms Nadal
09-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Why do I feel this is xisca! :twisted:

Stop it. I thought you were a decent poster :confused:

RF20Lennon
09-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Stop it. I thought you were a decent poster :confused:

Lol sorry if it offended you I couldn't resist :)

Ms Nadal
09-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Lol sorry if it offended you I couldn't resist :)

Ok, apology accepted :)

R.Federer
09-20-2012, 09:53 AM
nadal willl be back but wont be the same player you can tell he knows this himself and is taking up poker and other interests as his body is shutting down as he started at age 16 and 10 long years of his style of play is going to affect him and i can see him lasting a couple of years and will win stuff on clay unless joker 2.0 returns

Crisstti
09-20-2012, 02:36 PM
nadal willl be back but wont be the same player you can tell he knows this himself and is taking up poker and other interests as his body is shutting down as he started at age 16 and 10 long years of his style of play is going to affect him and i can see him lasting a couple of years and will win stuff on clay unless joker 2.0 returns

The poker thing is just a sponsorship deal.

Crisstti
09-20-2012, 02:53 PM
is soderling, rosol in disguise i dont think so he serves bigger than robin hits flater than him and can move better, rosol is the new futue of tennis like roanic

Lol, you can't be serious.

R.Federer
09-20-2012, 03:15 PM
The poker thing is just a sponsorship deal.

for now but i beleive it will devleop inot something mroe in the future

Crisstti
09-20-2012, 03:20 PM
for now but i beleive it will devleop inot something mroe in the future

What exactly do you believe will develop into something more?. Rosol?. he's 26 and done nothing.

R.Federer
09-20-2012, 03:21 PM
What exactly do you believe will develop into something more?. Rosol?. he's 26 and done nothing.

no his poker ambition and other interest hes keeping other options open for his inevitable retirement sooner rather than later

Crisstti
09-20-2012, 03:37 PM
no his poker ambition and other interest hes keeping other options open for his inevitable retirement sooner rather than later

Ah, OK. But I doubt he intends to play poker professionally after he retires. If anything I think he's said he'd be interested to be involved with football clubs... in the management part (not really sure how to say it in English).

kishnabe
09-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Ah, OK. But I doubt he intends to play poker professionally after he retires. If anything I think he's said he'd be interested to be involved with football clubs... in the management part (not really sure how to say it in English).

It would be nice to see Rafa win the Green Jacket at the Masters.It would look real good on him than the overweight golfers.

NLBwell
09-21-2012, 06:40 AM
If he doesn't tear up his body too much from tennis, he could probably do that.

monfed
09-21-2012, 11:27 AM
It would be nice to see Rafa win the Green Jacket at the Masters.It would look real good on him than the overweight golfers.

I agree,Ralph should try on the green jacket IF some golf pro feels the jacket isn't devalued. If not,he can just play amateurs.

Ms Nadal
09-21-2012, 01:15 PM
I agree,Ralph should try on the green jacket IF some golf pro feels the jacket isn't devalued. If not,he can just play amateurs.

I hate golf! Even Rafa couldn't make me like golf, even if he played! It's just too quiet and dull :(. As a result I really can't appreciate it.

RF20Lennon
09-21-2012, 03:49 PM
I hate golf! Even Rafa couldn't make me like golf, even if he played! It's just too quiet and dull :(. As a result I really can't appreciate it.

It depends on his knees apparently the only sport he's even allowed to play now by his doctors is golf!