PDA

View Full Version : Props to Murray allround

ark_28
09-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Ok so many know I am not his biggest fan and truth be told his style of play is not necessarily my favourite to watch BUT he does deserve his slam and am happy for him and his fans.

However more than his game what's impressed me is what a good sport and person he's shown himself to be! For example not many have mentioned the match against Berdych when Murrays cap came off Berdych was struggling to get to the drop shot and the umpire awarded the point to Murray! Murray asked Berdych if he was 100% sure that the came off before he hit the shot when Berdych said yes Murray agreed to replay the point! That to me in a Grand Slam Semi final is phenomenal sportsmanship!

Also understandably the British media are proud of him but sometimes it can get overboard but it's not his fault he even said talk of him being knighted is rash at this point and is probably because Britian have not had a champion in so long!

Very humble and great sportsmanship have to give credit where it's due and say I was impressed! :-)

ark_28
09-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Contender for the Stefan Edberg award for me!!

Fedex
09-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Maybe one day you will warm to him Ark?
It did seem like a very sporting gesture.
What's the most sporting thing you've seen in tennis?
Snooker players are renowned for calling faults against themselves even at the most crucial moments.
Tennis players on the other hand, generally not so good.

pound cat
09-13-2012, 04:41 PM
What is really great is that did something wonderful to his home town Dunblane Scotland the site of the terrible gun massacre of children in ther classroom ny a madman. Murray was attending the school at the time although not in the same class. Finaly, a great thing has happened to that town which is still mourning the loss of it's children and I'm sure it is always in th e back of Murray's mind. That to me is the greatest thing Murray did when he won the USO.

Google Dunblane tragedy for articles about what happened.

teatennis
09-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Murray is better than Rafa now

batz
09-14-2012, 01:03 AM
Maybe one day you will warm to him Ark?
It did seem like a very sporting gesture.
What's the most sporting thing you've seen in tennis?Snooker players are renowned for calling faults against themselves even at the most crucial moments.
Tennis players on the other hand, generally not so good.

Johnny Marray, Wimbledon doubles final. He hit a volley and touched the net - nobody noticed he'd touched. He immediately drew the umpire's attention to it and forfeited the point. IIRC it was quite a big point as well.

Sentinel
09-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Johnny Marray, Wimbledon doubles final. He hit a volley and touched the net - nobody noticed he'd touched. He immediately drew the umpire's attention to it and forfeited the point. IIRC it was quite a big point as well.

Tiebreak, iirc. Thankfully, they eventually won. But went out quite early at the USO :(