PDA

View Full Version : 2 different Pure Controls?

AgassiIAint
02-19-2004, 06:30 AM
I was looking for a new racquet somewhere between 11 and 11 and a half ounces. I saw that Babolat has a Pure Control that weighs 11.6 ounces but they also have one that weighs 11.8 ounces. I tried checking the comments pages but the lighter one did not have much there. Is there anyone who has played with these and can tell me some more about them?

AIA

python
02-19-2004, 07:52 AM
Yeah, like many I thought the newer version was a step in the wrong direction. It's lighter and just doesn't have the same satisfying thunk the old Pure Control has. Of course, you could play around with lead tape and arrive at nearly the same racquet, but why bother?

AgassiIAint
02-19-2004, 08:45 AM
I thought both of the ones on Tennis Warehouse were new. In looking at the specifications, one of them has a 100 inch head and the other one has a 97 inch head? Thank you

AIA

Fred132
02-20-2004, 02:00 PM
There is a PC Std and a PC Std Mid-plus. The MP is supposed to be 100 si, but some claim that the head sizes of the two are exactly the same.

The 2 main differences I can recall: (1) the MP is a bit lighter than the standard. (2) the MP is more flexible than the standard.

It is confusing, though.