PDA

View Full Version : Idle Murray housing gossip...

pound cat
09-14-2012, 04:45 AM
Mum got the cheap house!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/9540974/Judy-Murray-buys-Scottish-mansion-a-few-miles-from-where-son-Andy-grew-up.html

Andy got the expensive one...and it's not in Scotland! tsk tsk Andy

pound cat
09-14-2012, 04:50 AM
Now THIS is a mansion..Andy's house in Surrry

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/03/article-1263405-055FB3C7000005DC-674_468x345.jpg

Do you think he mows the lawn?

Bartelby
09-14-2012, 04:54 AM
Rather cheesy classically styled building, but indeed a mansion.

I prefer his mother's although not the location.

rafan
09-14-2012, 05:00 AM
Would much rather his mother's house and the location.

batz
09-14-2012, 05:03 AM
3/4 of a million buys you a BIG house in Stirlingshire....or a Studio flat in central London. :)

Murray's house in Surrey cost 5M

Russeljones
09-14-2012, 05:09 AM
House looks perfectly fine, nothing like the obnoxiously useless style some celebrities seem to favour.

Mainad
09-14-2012, 06:06 AM
Ah, the good life!

Well when you've earned all that dosh, I guess you've got to spend it on something?

Scots everywhere would have found it a tad more difficult to break away from their 'tightwad' reputation if he'd just moved into a 2 up 2 down!

:)

Sentinel
09-14-2012, 06:09 AM
I can't understand why Judy can't live with Andy in his mansion, i/o wasting a million bucks in buying another house and living alone in it.

Andres
09-14-2012, 06:18 AM
That backyard looks perfect for a practice grass-court ;)
The guy wanna start training early for Wimby! Good for him ;)

surfvland
09-14-2012, 09:12 AM
No court?

10char

batz
09-14-2012, 09:17 AM
No court?

10char

Nope - doesn't want one at his home while he's still playing.

NJ1
09-14-2012, 09:18 AM
I can't understand why Judy can't live with Andy in his mansion, i/o wasting a million bucks in buying another house and living alone in it.

Off the top of my head....

1. He has enough money
2. Buying house isn't "wasting' money
3. It would be WEIRD
4. Connected to 2., Sears would likely leave him.

Cesc Fabregas
09-14-2012, 10:22 AM
He doesn't need all that room, can he rent a room to me?

beast of mallorca
09-14-2012, 10:36 AM

Haha, no stalkers please:twisted:

Mainad
09-14-2012, 11:06 AM

Why would he be alone? He will have the lovely Kim with him. Who needs a great big gooseberry in the shape of Mum to crowd out your little love-nest? :wink:

Fee
09-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Maybe Judy doesn't want to live with her son. Isn't she single?

pound cat
09-14-2012, 12:31 PM

Now, you're being presumptuous..

1)Maybe Andy (and Kim) could not ever think of having Judy living in the same house as they do, and vice versa

2) How do you know that judy is all alone? And she may need all that space to have wild parties ....and the last thing she might want to be living with her son when all these years she could hardly wait for him to grow up and be on his own.

pound cat
09-14-2012, 12:34 PM

so, ask him. he must have a postal address. I'm sure he could use the extra income and your free tennis advice.

Sid_Vicious
09-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Murray has a sweet place.

Homeboy Hotel
09-14-2012, 01:26 PM
so, ask him. he must have a postal address. I'm sure he could use the extra income and your free tennis advice.

He's in Oxshott, just off the high street. Ask the locals and they'll give you an address ;)

RF20Lennon
09-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Its beautiful!! but Fed and Rafa both have better homes IMO

pound cat
09-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Its beautiful!! but Fed and Rafa both have better homes IMO

Pics please of their homes

Crisstti
09-14-2012, 01:48 PM
So Andy doesn't have his father's surname, but that of his mom's second husband?.

pound cat
09-14-2012, 01:55 PM
So Andy doesn't have his father's surname, but that of his mom's second husband?.

Second husband??? I said that's why she needs her own house I guess husband #2 is gone,,party time

cc0509
09-14-2012, 03:49 PM

Judy living in the same house with her grown-up son and his girlfriend? Are you crazy? Houses are investments and Andy has now probably tripled his endorsement earning power by winning that slam. I don't think we should worry about his mother living in a separate house and I am sure she wants to live alone and not with her son, she is a grown woman for goodness sake.

Rippy
09-14-2012, 03:55 PM

Where did you get that from?

I assumed Judy just continued using her husband's name after they separated. She was originally called Judy Erskine, her husband was called Will Murray.

I wasn't aware she had a second husband?

cc0509
09-14-2012, 03:59 PM

????? :confused:

Where did you get that idea from this article? What second husband? Obviously Judy kept her first husband's (Andy's father) surname, Murray.

Sentinel
09-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Why would he be alone? He will have the lovely Kim with him. Who needs a great big gooseberry in the shape of Mum to crowd out your little love-nest? :wink:
It's a large house, Mom could have a whole floor or wing to herself.

Maybe Judy doesn't want to live with her son. Isn't she single?

How does her being single have anything to do with living with one's loved ones. How could she bear to live in another house from the one she has birthed and brought up with such tender, loving care.

Judy living in the same house with her grown-up son and his girlfriend? Are you crazy? Houses are investments and Andy has now probably tripled his endorsement earning power by winning that slam. I don't think we should worry about his mother living in a separate house and I am sure she wants to live alone and not with her son, she is a grown woman for goodness sake.

You have a point there. The house being an investment. People in my country do that a lot. Buy house/s, rent it out, or just hold it for a few years and sell it.

I guess it's a cultural thing. You folks in the west like to live separately :( Kinda sad.

:rolleyes:

Sentinel
09-14-2012, 09:23 PM

Rent ? With all the money's he's getting he should give you boarding and breakfast for free. And pay you for hitting with him.

And his Mom is single and a soccer fan.

Mainad
09-14-2012, 09:30 PM

His mum doesn't have a second husband. Andy's parents are divorced but Judy hasn't remarried (not sure about his dad). Andy has the same surname as his father, Will Murray.

Crisstti
09-15-2012, 06:22 AM
????? :confused:

Where did you get that idea from this article? What second husband? Obviously Judy kept her first husband's (Andy's father) surname, Murray.

I don't know, lol. I think I was too sleepy :-?:).

Fee
09-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Judy wants to live alone and far away from her sons so that she can get her freak on.

Also, no one ever says where Jamie lives. I believe he has to shuttle between the two houses, getting kicked out whenever one house gets tired of him. ;)