PDA

View Full Version : Indian Wells

SeeingDusk
09-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Hi everyone,

Has anyone here ever been to the Indian Wells tournament? If so, how are the stadium box seats compared to the club seats and to the courtside seats? Club seats tend to be the most expensive out of the three, even though it's the highest one up out of the 3. However, it seems to offer the best angle. I'm looking at the BNP Parisbas Open site, and am thinking of purchasing the stadium box seats from the mini-ticket packages for the championship weekend package. Which deal would you guys say is the best if my budget is within $700? Thanks!!

Say Chi Sin Lo
09-14-2012, 12:25 PM
If I were you, the hell with those early round blow outs and spend your day watching the pros practice. Buy the cheapest ticket and roam the grounds. That's what the tournament is known for, giving you the chance to watch pros practice up close. That's way more entertaining than stadium matches to me.

SeeingDusk
09-14-2012, 08:28 PM
I will look into that. The thing is I have classes from Mon-Fri, so I just can't skip a few days. Hopefully I can see Roger practice during Saturday and Sunday, and maybe even watch him play a match. :)

Fee
09-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Well, if you can only go Friday night, Sat and Sun, then I would consider getting a decent seat in the stadium. Those will be second round matches and there could be some good matches. Also, I think certain box seats in the main stadium get you into the reserved sections of court 2 and 3 (call the box office and ask them about this to be absolutely sure). If you are going to be there on the weekend only, the crowd is insane and you might be be grateful to have a reserved seat to go hang out in. There is a lot more info about going to IW in the travel section, so you might want to do a search in that forum for all of the previous discussions.

I love IW, it's within driving distance of me and I go every year, but I have not been on a weekend since 2009. I just can't deal with crowds that size. :)

OddJack
09-14-2012, 11:40 PM
I have been to IW last 4 years. Best seats are behind the baseline. That's where Larry Ellison seats, exactly 7 seats to my left. If you get one of the front box seats, the other courts entry is free. There you can seat courtside but I still prefer behind the baseline.

Here is the map

http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/Tickets/~/link.aspx?_id=C0CAC65F5ADA4CD5B769866D6DE1A4B5&_z=z

118 to 127 and 162 to 171 K down are the best.

If you go wednesday you are assured to see your player.

Fee
09-15-2012, 12:38 PM
I have been to IW last 4 years. Best seats are behind the baseline. That's where Larry Ellison seats, exactly 7 seats to my left. If you get one of the front box seats, the other courts entry is free. There you can seat courtside but I still prefer behind the baseline.

Here is the map

http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/Tickets/~/link.aspx?_id=C0CAC65F5ADA4CD5B769866D6DE1A4B5&_z=z

118 to 127 and 162 to 171 K down are the best.

If you go wednesday you are assured to see your player.

He said he can't go Wednesday, he has classes.

The part I bolded doesn't make any sense. Any ticket at IW gives you access to all of the courts. Can you be more specific?

OddJack
09-15-2012, 01:27 PM
He said he can't go Wednesday, he has classes.

The part I bolded doesn't make any sense. Any ticket at IW gives you access to all of the courts. Can you be more specific?

I dont care if he has classes or not. It's general info for anyone who wants to use it.

You are correct, any ticket for stadium 1 will give you access to 2 and 3, just not courtside preferred seating. For that you have to have club or box tickets and that's what I was referring to.

smoledman
09-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Be sure to wear lots of sunblock and a hat.

beast of mallorca
10-01-2012, 07:30 AM
I dont care if he has classes or not. It's general info for anyone who wants to use it.

You are correct, any ticket for stadium 1 will give you access to 2 and 3, just not courtside preferred seating. For that you have to have club or box tickets and that's what I was referring to.

Thanks gor the info Oddjack. It's gonna be my first time. Never seen the Fedal live, so I'm excited. No ticket yet but am saving to gt the mini package midweek. Got to see them before they retire.