PDA

View Full Version : anybody else notice a quality difference

ormynameisntbill
09-15-2012, 03:12 PM
between aus 2012 and us 2012?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpQ9v-0hUPM

can this only be attributed to the wind or where there any other factors involved?

90's Clay
09-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Neither Djoker or Murray looked to be on the level they were at in Australia.. Not sure what it was.. Its weird DJoker can't play that well in the wind considering his game is mainly counterpunching.. If the wind should affect anyone it should be the more aggressive type players.. Not the defenders.

Not sure why the level was down.. Maybe because its the end of the season? I dont think either Djoker or Murray played that particularly well at Flushing in the finals. The match just came down to who would hit the error first or tire out first.

jelle v
09-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Yes of course there is a quality difference.. In my opinion the wind ruined the final.. both players were playing with more safety in their game because of the wind. With Murray I think it was less noticeable, but especially Novak wasn't playing his usual tennis.

Not to take anything away from Murray, but in my opinion it wasn't a great final.

RF20Lennon
09-15-2012, 03:55 PM
The thing is plexicushion allows for more sliding and easier movement than decoturf. Nole was losing traction at NY and slipping and following so didnt go for much. Plus murray realized that pushing was his best chance with the wind and he didnt play offensively like in australia

Tennis_Maestro
09-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Neither Djoker or Murray looked to be on the level they were at in Australia.. Not sure what it was.. Its weird DJoker can't play that well in the wind considering his game is mainly counterpunching.. If the wind should affect anyone it should be the more aggressive type players.. Not the defenders.

Not sure why the level was down.. Maybe because its the end of the season? I dont think either Djoker or Murray played that particularly well at Flushing in the finals. The match just came down to who would hit the error first or tire out first.

The reason is, is because Novak's swings are much larger, whereas someone like Ferrer's are much more compact.

Murray coped slightly better in the wind because he is better @ slightly improvising to use unconventional technique. Novak's game is more about precision and getting his feet in the right place so he can have great preparation on the ball. His game stems around preparation, in the wind you can't prepare because you prepare and then have to re-prepare but by that time the ball's approaching you and you have less time to react.

[d]ragon
09-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Final was rather disappointing to watch. Djokovic played terribly but credit to Murray, not his fault if his opponent doesn't play well

yemenmocha
09-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Semis and Final were horrible (unwatchable for me).

tacou
09-16-2012, 09:16 AM
conditions...semifinal vs final...I think AUS surface favors both their games as well