PDA

View Full Version : Best sock for preventing blisters?

djbrown
05-06-2004, 07:42 AM
I've had some recent blister problems on my toe. I've been using cotton socks, which I read aren't that great for preventing blisters :wink: Any suggestions out there for socks that prevent blisters?

Hawaii 5.0
05-06-2004, 11:40 AM
Blisters are caused by too much irritation on your skin and can be a result of your socks not absorbing enough or absorbing too much.It's also in part to your shoes and the way they fit or don't fit anymore.There is no one correct answer.If your using cotton socks they are highly absorbant and may be too absorbant and or your shoes are rubbing too much becuase they either didn't fit or no longer fit and may need replacement.My guess since it's recent that the shoes are no longer fitting properly rather than the socks.Again it's probably a combination of factors.

cenzo
05-08-2004, 09:38 AM
Two words. Mole skin. Maybe it's one word. But you can get it at the drug store. Just put it on the area where you are prone to get blisters. It decreases the friction between your skin and the sock and the shoe.

wwkchan1
05-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Trying wearing two pairs of socks.

tennishead
05-19-2004, 04:35 PM
WITHOUT A DOUBT: The WrightSock, which is a double layer and has an anti-blister guarantee. They come in a variety of thicknesses. You will never use anything else!