PDA

View Full Version : Nadal update.

Paul Murphy
09-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Tennis great Rafael Nadal has hailed his teammates on Spain's Davis Cup team for the ``exceptional'' achievement of reaching a ninth final but said he wasn't sure he would recover in time for the showdown with the Czech Republic.
Nadal was honoured in Madrid on Monday night as Person of the Year by the Spanish edition of Vanity Fair and told reporters he is happy ``to be part of a great era for Spanish sport.''
The injured 26-year-old began the summer on a high note by capturing a record seventh French Open title with a victory over then-world No.1 Novak Djokovic of Serbia in the final.
However the No.4 ranked Nadal has not played since his shocking second-round loss at Wimbledon.
He said in a Twitter posting in early September that he would be sidelined for the next two months with lingering knee problems.
``I have missed the Olympics and the United States Open. What's most important now is to recover well and return when I can,'' Nadal said in Madrid.
``These are not joyous times, but neither should we deceive ourselves.
``I have a career behind me and one ahead of me. I'm injured now, it's part of my profession.''
Spanish Vanity Fair bestows its Person of the Year prize on the individual deemed to exercise the ``most influence'' on society ``in any of its spheres.''
Last year's recipient was Nobel literature laureate Mario Vargas Llosa.
Vanity Fair said it selected the tennis star for the honour based on his accomplishments as an athlete and on the good works of the Rafa Nadal Foundation.
Nadal said in an interview published on Monday in Vanity Fair that he was not sure ``how long'' he would keep ``playing tennis'' and that he was enjoying ``one of the best seasons'' of his career ``until the knee injury.''
``I don't know how long I will keep playing tennis. I'll be 31 in five years and taking into account the fact that I started at 16 ... Perhaps stopping now will help extend my career a little bit more. Until I had the problems with the knee again, the final at Roland Garros, had been one of the best seasons of my life. I felt able to win any competition. Complicated times came later,'' Nadal said.
``Success is not the victory, it's what you've done to win. The knowledge that you've done everything in your power to achieve what you wanted. That feeling makes me very happy. This year I lost the final in Australia and I didn't like it, but I was happy in some ways. It was a success to have lost like that,'' the tennis star said.
The Spaniard, known for his physically demanding style of play and incredible defensive skills, has struggled to stay healthy during his career, having been forced to withdraw from each of the four grand slam events due to various injuries.

AAP.

Zarfot Z
09-18-2012, 12:24 AM
tl;dr RIP Rafael Nadal

He will be gone by next year.

Sabratha
09-18-2012, 02:49 AM
Nadal won't be making another comeback.

tennisMVP
09-18-2012, 03:16 AM
"I don't know how long I will keep playing tennis. I'll be 31 in five years and taking into account the fact that I started at 16 ... Perhaps stopping now will help extend my career a little bit more. Until I had the problems with the knee again, the final at Roland Garros, had been one of the best seasons of my life. I felt able to win any competition. Complicated times came later,'' Nadal said.

I agree with Nadal, 2012 has extended his career. Instead of playing till age 31, maybe age 33. Agassi benefited from time-off too.

Sampras whereas, had no breaks, and didn't last long.

CMM
09-18-2012, 03:21 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/fb3sw.png

http://i50.tinypic.com/2jethkk.png

http://i50.tinypic.com/66xbwm.png

http://i50.tinypic.com/2r3js7p.png

CMM
09-18-2012, 03:22 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/6tfmvr.png

http://i48.tinypic.com/es9v14.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/jjojg2.png

http://i48.tinypic.com/2ij6vqs.png

Paul Murphy
09-18-2012, 03:46 AM
[QUOTE=CMM;6905862]http://i50.tinypic.com/6tfmvr.png

http://i48.tinypic.com/es9v14.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/jjojg2.png

Thanks for posting. :)

SStrikerR
09-18-2012, 03:50 AM
I agree with Nadal, 2012 has extended his career. Instead of playing till age 31, maybe age 33. Agassi benefited from time-off too.

Sampras whereas, had no breaks, and didn't last long.

Taking 5-6 months off =/= 2 more years on a career. It doesn't work like that. He won't make 31 anyway.

beast of mallorca
09-18-2012, 03:56 AM
Taking 5-6 months off =/= 2 more years on a career. It doesn't work like that. He won't make 31 anyway.

Stop using that magic 8 ball. It only works when CLarky21 uses it.

UKTennis
09-18-2012, 04:46 AM
It was always obvious he would not be able to last as long as Federer because of the strain he puts on his body every tournament. Talk of him beating Federer's Slam total was wide off the mark. I'd like to see Rafa at his best for another couple of years, though.

cc0509
09-18-2012, 04:50 AM
Nadal won't be making another comeback.

tl;dr RIP Rafael Nadal

He will be gone by next year.

No he won't. He is not playing DC in November, we knew this already. He will be back for the AO 2013.

Moz
09-18-2012, 04:52 AM
Spain must be very short of people with achievements this year.

Paullaconte1
09-18-2012, 05:22 AM
It seems that it was a very interesting interview.
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/sports/2012/09/17/spain-nadal-says-not-sure-how-long-hell-keep-playing/

Is there any video or full extract?

Clarky21
09-18-2012, 07:05 AM
He won't be back. And even if he does attempt a comeback it will be a failure,and short lived. Not sure why he keeps beating around the bush instead of just being honest about the situation.

cc0509
09-18-2012, 07:36 AM
He won't be back. And even if he does attempt a comeback it will be a failure,and short lived. Not sure why he keeps beating around the bush instead of just being honest about the situation.

Would you stop that! Just like you said Nadal would never win the FO this year, you will be wrong about this as well. Nadal will be back at the AO 2013 looking as fit and strong as ever. Mark my words. You are the Nadal fan for goodness sake you should be the one saying Nadal will be back and ok, not me!

RF20Lennon
09-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Rafa really looks unsure of himself for really the first time evervI hope he can get out of this mess

CMM
09-18-2012, 08:06 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ntg16o.png

http://cdn.vogue.es/uploads/images/thumbs/201238/invita_vanity_fair_2990_643x.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/344fls7.png

http://i50.tinypic.com/ndqtts.png

mistik
09-18-2012, 08:16 AM
His public image is on the floor.His PR team still makes interviews and award ceremonies like people love and believe Rafa as they used to.It is just a matter of time that people wont even ask when he will comeback as well.

RF20Lennon
09-18-2012, 08:18 AM
His public image is on the floor.His PR team still makes interviews and award ceremonies like people love and believe Rafa as they used to.It is just a matter of time that people wont even ask when he will comeback as well.

Yeah that's true look at soderling although nadal is way more popular

CMM
09-18-2012, 08:47 AM
He received another award today.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3FeGAYCEAAXxT9.jpg

Murrayfan31
09-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Sometimes your body tells you when it's time to quit. This is one of those occasions.

Gangsta
09-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Sometimes your brain tells when its time to shut up. This was one of those occasions.

-RF-
09-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Could this really be the end??????? RIP.

Sri
09-18-2012, 09:43 AM
He may make a comeback.

Or maybe not.

But he will always try to keep hogging the limelight.

I'm sick of these bi-monthly attention seeking non-updates.

RF20Lennon
09-18-2012, 09:46 AM
He may make a comeback.

Or maybe not.

I know right!!!!

CMM
09-18-2012, 09:50 AM
He may make a comeback.

Or maybe not.

LOL. Bitter much? :)
And don't worry, he'll be back.

Crisstti
09-18-2012, 09:53 AM
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/sports/2012/09/17/spain-nadal-says-not-sure-how-long-hell-keep-playing/

I wonder the same thing.

His "I don't know how long I will play tennis" sounds worrying, but one would have to see the question it's answering to.

"His public image is on the floor"?, yeah, sure. To you maybe, because you hate him for the poker thing. Most people couldn't care less about that.

Murrayfan31
09-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Sometimes your brain tells when its time to shut up. This was one of those occasions.
Someone is bitter. lol

beast of mallorca
09-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Someone is bitter. lol

Someone is an idiot. Lol

Mortifier
09-18-2012, 11:06 AM
As a Fed-fan I already look forward to his comeback. Tennis really needs him. Hope he will be able to contend for a few more Slams.

cluckcluck
09-18-2012, 11:09 AM
He may make a comeback.

Or maybe not.

Could Nadal be the next Kardashian victim and be sucked into reality TV?

Murrayfan31
09-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Someone is an idiot. Lol
Someone is a fanboy (or girl)

tennisMVP
09-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Let's bump this thread at Wimbledon next year :D

CMM
09-18-2012, 11:40 AM
I wonder the same thing.

His "I don't know how long I will play tennis" sounds worrying, but one would have to see the question it's answering to.

The interview was translated on vb by someone who bought the magazine. This is the part that was quoted in that article.

- Do you have the sensation that this year has been one of your best or one of your worst?
- Until my knee began to give me problems again, at the end of Roland Garros, it had been one of the best seasons in my life. I felt capable of winning any competition. Then, obviously, there have been difficult moments since then, but injuries are part of sport and you have to accept them calmly. Stopping now will maybe also help extend my career a bit longer. You have to accept the situation as best you can, try to enjoy other things I've had little time for in the last few years, like being with my family and my friends. That's what I'm doing, working to recover as soon as possible, devoting a little more time to getting myself organised with my sponsors, trying to enjoy myself...

- Are you afraid?
- No. If my career were to end today, which is not the case because I hope to keep on playing for a long time, I'd feel very fortunate with all I've achieved. I think I'm someone who's lucky.

- How do you imagine yourself in ten years' time? Will you be able to find a passion as intense as tennis?
- I imagine myself working in something connected with sport. I'm a very active person, so I don't think stopping playing tennis will be a problem. What gives things meaning is doing them better than you did before or trying as best you can to do so. I'll have come to the end of an important part of my life, but I'll be happy.

- What about in five years time?
- I don't know. I don't know how long I'll go on playing tennis. In five years time I'll be 31 and, considering I started at 16... But anyway, who knows?

beast of mallorca
09-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Someone is a fanboy (or girl)

You want nachos with that ? Lol

RF20Lennon
09-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Let's bump this thread at Wimbledon next year :D

You can bump it at the WTF this year

tennisMVP
09-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Federer should play beyond 36 to take full advantage when Nadal retires at age 31. Federer will feel like its 2004 again :D

tennisMVP
09-18-2012, 11:51 AM
You can bump it at the WTF this year

Nadal is winning the WTF this year?

RF20Lennon
09-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Nadal is winning the WTF this year?

Oh! I thought it was for when he next competes my mistake monte Carlo next year then

tennisMVP
09-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Oh! I thought it was for when he next competes my mistake monte Carlo next year then

I just meant to bump it at Wimbledon 2013 after he's either won Roland Garros, or the AO and Roland Garros. I think this forum is really shooting themselves in the foot.

Crisstti
09-18-2012, 12:06 PM
The interview was translated on vb by someone who bought the magazine. This is the part that was quoted in that article.

Great, thanks :)

Clarky21
09-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Would you stop that! Just like you said Nadal would never win the FO this year, you will be wrong about this as well. Nadal will be back at the AO 2013 looking as fit and strong as ever. Mark my words. You are the Nadal fan for goodness sake you should be the one saying Nadal will be back and ok, not me!

No he won't. You'll see for yourself when/if he does come back.

Doesn't mean I am delusional. I'm too realistic to be a pom pom waver.

feetofclay
09-18-2012, 01:22 PM

By Lourdes Garzon | Translated by nou.amic for http://www.VamosBrigade

Do you have the sensation that this year has been one of your best or one of your worst?

Until my knee began to give me problems again, at the end of Roland Garros, it had been one of the best seasons in my life. I felt capable of winning any competition. Then, obviously, there have been difficult moments since then, but injuries are part of sport and you have to accept them calmly. Stopping now will maybe also help extend my career a bit longer. You have to accept the situation as best you can, try to enjoy other things I've had little time for in the last few years, like being with my family and my friends. That's what I'm doing, working to recover as soon as possible, devoting a little more time to getting myself organised with my sponsors, trying to enjoy myself...

Are you afraid?

No. If my career were to end today, which is not the case because I hope to keep on playing for a long time, I'd feel very fortunate with all I've achieved. I think I'm someone who's lucky.

How do you imagine yourself in ten years' time? Will you be able to find a passion as intense as tennis?

I imagine myself working in something connected with sport. I'm a very active person, so I don't think stopping playing tennis will be a problem. What gives things meaning is doing them better than you did before or trying as best you can to do so. I'll have come to the end of an important part of my life, but I'll be happy.

What about in five years time?

I don't know. I don't know how long I'll go on playing tennis. In five years time I'll be 31 and, considering I started at 16... But anyway, who knows?

What was the thought that most occurred to you during the two years you lost Wimbledon to Roger Federer?

In 2006 I was very pleased to have reached the final, I didn't even go out there with the feeling I could win. Losing in 2007, yes, that was very hard. I had played very well all match and in the fourth set, when I was winning 4-0, 4-1, I felt something in my knee and I lost my concentration. Then I played the fifth set very badly. When you lose, you don't know if that'll be your last chance to win Wimbledon, so it's true, I was very much affected.

You won the next year, in 2008, and became world number one. What did that victory change?

Winning helped mentally in the following months. You feel as if you've passed an obstacle that you can jump again. You go to your bedroom, see the trophy, and are proud of having won it. But it's not at all something permanent. Then came 2009, 2010... Right now it affects me very little.

What was the most important victory in your life? and I'm not just talking about tennis. When did you feel the greatest sensation of success?

Success is not the victory, but all you've fought to obtain it. The certainty that you've done everything you possibly could to obtain what you wanted. That sensation makes me very happy. This year I lost in the final in Australia and, of course, I didn't like it, but, in a way I was content, it was a success to have lost like that.

Tell me about your rivals. I suppose that for anyone who's not an elite athlete it's very difficult to imagine what the relationship between you is really like. I'm thinking above all of Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic.

I have no problem picking up the phone and calling them. We've worked a lot together on ATP matters to get initiatives going we believe can improve our sport, so we have a fluid relationship.

I suppose you know one another well. You spend many hours searching for each other's weaknesses.

We don't analyse one another that much! They've been concerned about me, asked after me, to see how I was, if I'd be ready for the US Open. We have a very cordial relationship. They are very good colleagues, but the concept of friendship is something else. My friends are those I've known all my life, since school, since I was four years old.

You keep repeating opportunities shouldn't be wasted. Do you have the feeling you've taken advantage of all of them in tennis and in life?

I mean that it's impossible to predict the future. You can try to make your life go one way and, suddenly, everything changes direction. Opportunities in sport are finite, so when one comes along you have to do everything possible. You don't know if you'll get another one, sometimes it's the only one.

You have an apparently very traditional and also very peculiar family around you. Your uncle has trained you since you were a child and still does. Your father handles your business affairs. For many years you lived in the same building as your grandparents and cousins.

I suppose being from a small town makes family relations closer. I now live with my parents and sister in a different house, but I still visit my uncles almost every day. I can only say I've been very happy with this way of understanding the family.

Seen from the outside, the Nadals are much more than a family on good terms with one another. Much more even than a clan. They give the impression of having raised a watertight iron structure that surrounds and protects him, but which also supports him and is capable of affecting him, and deeply, if it cracks. Such as when his parents decided to separate in 2009. Nadal withdrew from Wimbledon then, giving up the title that had cost him so much to win the previous year, and later admitted that, as well as the pain in his knees, what had in reality paralysed him was the fact that his family had ceased to be the wall of contention he had always known.

Grandfather Rafael Nadal was a musician and, as Rafa tells it, quite a character. In the years just after the (civil) war, he managed to get a choir of enthusiastic amateurs, but without the slightest idea how to read music, to interpret Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. It is clear that his concept of unity is way above the average. Nadal has trained since he was a child with his father's brother, Toni Nadal, who is also a partner in the family businesses. It is not common, and it does not seem easy, to have the same coach from 4 years of age till you are 26. Nor is it common for your coach to accompany you from a small club in Mallorca to number one in the world. Much has been said about Toni Nadal's character, his exigence, his sense of discipline, his obsession with humility and, at the same time, with fomenting ambition. The Toni Nadal method appears to have two commandments: the first, work and the second, work. And between doing one or the other: do not think you are something special; do not give even a minute to selfcomplacency; do not celebrate a victory. But be able, for example, when you are injured, to turn up on court every morning on crutches and hit balls for hours seated on a chair. Why? To keep the brain busy, the body under tension, willpower trained.

When does Toni Nadal do his job best, in the good times or the bad times?
In the bad times I think.

It doesn't seem easy for a child and his coach to be able to grow so much professionally together. How has your uncle turned himself into one of the world's best coaches?

Sport is something that is pretty logical and simple. You succeed if you have common sense, live it with passion and take care to do things well. And he has done that.

You also have a very stable team, you've surrounded yourself practically all your career with the same people, so I imagine loyalty is very important to you. What would you consider a betrayal?

I'm an easy going person. I've never sacked anyone in my life. I value work and implication. Things can turn out better or worse, but when everything possible is done, I've no objections.

He did not say so but I imagine that for Rafa Nadal disloyalty may have much to do with indiscretion, a leak about his private life, which he has known how to safeguard all these years. We have seen only a few photos of his little sister Maribel and the little we know of her is that she studies Physical Education in Barcelona. About his girlfriend, Xisca Perelló, we know she works for an insurance company in London after graduating in Business Administration and Management. It is no easy feat to spend over five years at Rafa Nadal's side without anyone even having heard your tone of voice.

You are especially impenetrable about your private life. May I ask you why you find it so hard to talk, for example, about your girlfriend?

I think discretion is best for me and for her. Otherwise, in the end, it would all be turned into a show which seems to me totally unnecessary and very uncomfortable. I try to live in peace and quiet. I'm conscious that all this (fame) is fleeting and afterwards you return to a relatively normal life.

You've never really had a normal life. I suppose that being so famous and so rich from when you're very young makes everything very exceptional.

Yes, I've lived in anonymity and I remember it.

Do you know how much money you have?

No, to tell the truth I'm far from knowing it. It's not something I'm directly concerned with. My father takes care of it. I don't have too many whims, either. I've only bought one car for myself in my life, after winning the Wimbledon final. I haven't even bought a house for myself, I live with my parents and I'm happy like that. There'll be time for other things. I don't need more, I don't lack anything and I have much more than I ever dreamed.

Ms Nadal
09-18-2012, 01:22 PM
I know I have resided to the fact that Rafa has retired. He isn't coming back. He should just be honest now and stop fooling his fans. I think Rafa just wants to milk the last sponsors and endorsements before he confirms the retirement. I won't be an avid tennis fan anymore. That will be me done as a tennis fan. Rafa really got me unlike any other player ever has. He is irreplaceable!. It is just so sad that it had to end like this. When it is finally confirmed I will cry for probably a week!

CMM
09-18-2012, 01:27 PM
I know I have resided to the fact that Rafa has retired. He isn't coming back. He shouod just be honest now and stop fooling his fans. I think Rafa just wants to milk the last sponsors and endorsements before he confirms the retirement. I won't be an avid tennis fan anymore. That will be me done as a tennis fan. Rafa really got me unlike any other player ever has. He is irreplaceable!. It is just so sad that it had to end like this. When it is finally confirmed I will cry for probably a week!

So which former banned troll are you? :)

Ms Nadal
09-18-2012, 01:31 PM
So which former banned troll are you? :)

Why say this? I am not a troll or a former banned member! Can someone tell me the story of these people I am being accused of being. And it would be good if I got an answer. Why say such tosh when you have no evidence? :confused: I am just saying what I think is happening with Rafa and the retirement is going to be very sad, but not for those who are not fans of Rafa.

beast of mallorca
09-18-2012, 01:34 PM

You and your moronic predictions. Keep your "realism" to yourself please ! :shock:

Prisoner of Birth
09-18-2012, 01:35 PM
I know I have resided to the fact that Rafa has retired. He isn't coming back. He should just be honest now and stop fooling his fans. I think Rafa just wants to milk the last sponsors and endorsements before he confirms the retirement. I won't be an avid tennis fan anymore. That will be me done as a tennis fan. Rafa really got me unlike any other player ever has. He is irreplaceable!. It is just so sad that it had to end like this. When it is finally confirmed I will cry for probably a week!

If you already 'know' that Nadal is retired, why do you have to wait until the confirmation before you start 'cry[ing] for a week'?

CMM
09-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Why say this? I am not a troll or a former banned member! Can someone tell me the story of these people I am being accused of being. And it would be good if I got an answer. Why say such tosh when you have no evidence? :confused: I am just saying what I think is happening with Rafa and the retirement is going to be very sad, but not for those who are not fans of Rafa.

No, you're just trolling. No one is interested in reading your garbage so stop polluting this thread.

Ms Nadal
09-18-2012, 01:38 PM
If you already 'know' that Nadal is retired, why do you have to wait until the confirmation before you start 'cry[ing] for a week'?

I have to live in hope, don't I?. It's just not sounding good to me. He has been gone for yonks. Plus he isn't saying good things to make it sound like he will return. I wish Rafa never existed. He came and will go as fast as he arrived.

Ms Nadal
09-18-2012, 01:40 PM
No, you're just trolling. No one is interested in reading your garbage so stop polluting this thread.

Oh be quiet! You don't know what a troll is! I am not one and as long as i know that I don't care what you and others think! I can post as I please. DON'T READ MY STUFF! Easy Peasy!.

CMM
09-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Oh be quiet! You don't know what a troll is! I am not one and as long as i know that I don't care what you and other think! I can post as I please. DON'T READ MY STUFF! EAsy Peasy!

When you post stuff that has nothing to do with reality just to annoy other posters it is called trolling.

beast of mallorca
09-18-2012, 01:44 PM

Ms Nadal, just shut up and cry now, please ! Don't know which is worse, Clarky's stupid posts or Ms nadal's twisted assertions. :twisted:
Haha, they're probably one and the same.

cork_screw
09-18-2012, 01:51 PM
When you post stuff that has nothing to do with reality just to annoy other posters it is called trolling.

I totally agree, and I'll say one more thing. Just because he said he was taking a break to heal an injured knee doesn't mean he's retiring. Why is it that it's just here on these forums that people take whatever is currently happening and they forecast an extreme version of what they think that means in their crazy polarized delusions? I mean seriously when people said that murray wasn't going to win a Grandslam and people were saying that when he was 24 years of age, I was just hitting my head against my keyboard thinking how ******** people are just jumping to conclusions. He is 24 and there are 4 slams a year. That would give him 20 opportunities to win a slam within the time that he reaches 29 years of age. And by that time fed and nadal might be weaning towards their career, so I am always shocked how people never give things time to see what really unfolds, instead they just give their convoluted projections just like this one. Nadal took time off in 2010 and actually missed wimbledon and he might have also missed USO (i don't remember), but he came right back and won all the slams that he was expected to and all the masters and even more. He is fine, he isn't going to retire at age 26. He's young and at the top of his game. He is resting so he can play more, he isn't resting so he can make a retirement speech ******s. Man, it ****es me off thinking that people don't think on these boards, they just react to current trends, just like when people were calling for fed's retirement when he played very poorly in 2011, well if he did what they all urged him to do, he wouldn't have won this year's wimbledon as well as all those other master series 1000 tournies.

sureshs
09-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Such a humble person

ruerooo
09-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Why say this? I am not a troll or a former banned member! Can someone tell me the story of these people I am being accused of being.

You don't want to know.

Trust me on this one.

beast of mallorca
09-18-2012, 01:59 PM
I totally agree, and I'll say one more thing. Just because he said he was taking a break to heal an injured knee doesn't mean he's retiring. Why is it that it's just here on these forums that people take whatever is currently happening and they forecast an extreme version of what they think that means in their crazy polarized delusions? I mean seriously when people said that murray wasn't going to win a Grandslam and people were saying that when he was 24 years of age, I was just hitting my head against my keyboard thinking how ******** people are just jumping to conclusions. He is 24 and there are 4 slams a year. That would give him 20 opportunities to win a slam within the time that he reaches 29 years of age. And by that time fed and nadal might be weaning towards their career, so I am always shocked how people never give things time to see what really unfolds, instead they just give their convoluted projections just like this one. Nadal took time off in 2010 and actually missed wimbledon and he might have also missed USO (i don't remember), but he came right back and won all the slams that he was expected to and all the masters and even more. He is fine, he isn't going to retire at age 26. He's young and at the top of his game. He is resting so he can play more, he isn't resting so he can make a retirement speech ******s. Man, it ****es me off thinking that people don't think on these boards, they just react to current trends, just like when people were calling for fed's retirement when he played very poorly in 2011, well if he did what they all urged him to do, he wouldn't have won this year's wimbledon as well as all those other master series 1000 tournies.

COrkscrew, hope these people will listen to you.

ruerooo
09-18-2012, 02:01 PM
I have to live in hope, don't I?. It's just not sounding good to me. He has been gone for yonks. Plus he isn't saying good things to make it sound like he will return.

I hate to say it to a fellow lady fan, but aren't you getting a little hysterical? Rafa was celebrated as Vanity Fair Man of the Year the other evening and said to another interviewer that he had no intention of retiring; in fact the inquiry took him by surprise.

I wish Rafa never existed. He came and will go as fast as he arrived.

Well, he turned pro in 2001. That's eleven years now. If you just started following his career, then that's on you. :?

Personally, I've been a fan of his since 2004 and had the privilege of seeing him win the 2010 USO final and with it his Career Golden Slam. I said then that if he didn't play another stitch of tennis after that as a fan I'd have to be satisfied with that. He went on to win more Roland Garros titles than even Borg, but if I'm held to what I said in 2010 then I still got more than I expected and still mean it.

tennis_pro
09-18-2012, 02:01 PM
oh come on has he retired already or not?:twisted:

mistik
09-18-2012, 02:06 PM
"His public image is on the floor"?, yeah, sure. To you maybe, because you hate him for the poker thing. Most people couldn't care less about that.[/QUOTE]
CRİSTİNA
Rafas public image is FAKE. Sadly Fed fans got it right everything about this guy is a big lie.I dont know what public cares about this gambling stuff or not,since ı havent done any public research.(ı guess you did):):)
The thing is, Nadal FAKE personality realized by so many fans who has some brain.What Nadal team targets at the moment is people like you.

ruerooo
09-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Federer should play beyond 36 to take full advantage when Nadal retires at age 31. Federer will feel like its 2004 again :D

The Maestro is having his own body and scheduling management issues. There are at least two threads on TW dissecting his press on how he needs a break.

And it's not all about age either. DelPo's wrist issues won't go away -- he played DC this past weekend against doctor's orders and is now facing
- 10 days immobilization
- 2 weeks rehab
- a month away from the sport, possibly then jeopardizing his WTF participation

The schedule is just brutal and takes a huge toll on the players physically; as fans, we just have to deal with it the best we can.

monfed
09-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Ralph could break the suspense by just retiring,it would be a great decision.

cc0509
09-18-2012, 04:42 PM

Deal. Let's see if Nadal is at the AO 2013 and if he is, let's see how his form is, ok?

I think you are way off on this one.

cc0509
09-18-2012, 04:44 PM

Will you be quiet! Everybody knows you are either *** or a Nadal hater posing as a Nadal lover. Either way you are just another alias of a banned poster. Stop posting garbage. You are not as smart as many people on here.

cc0509
09-18-2012, 04:49 PM
I wonder the same thing.

Why does it sound worrying? He is 26 and has been on tour since he was a young teen. Of course retirement is coming in the next few years. I still think he probably has another good year or two left. You have to be realistic about tennis players and their shelf lives. They usually start to decline at around 27 or 28, sometimes before that if they have a lot of mileage. Just enjoy him while you still can because you never know what is going to happen with his career.

cc0509
09-18-2012, 04:51 PM
As a Fed-fan I already look forward to his comeback. Tennis really needs him. Hope he will be able to contend for a few more Slams.

I agree with this as a fellow Federer fan. Djokovic and Murray just don't cut it the same way as Federer and Nadal in the "tennis star" sense.

Murrayfan31
09-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Nadal doesn't want to be handicapped for the rest of his life. It's best for him to retire now. :)

The-Champ
09-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Nadal doesn't want to be handicapped for the rest of his life. It's best for him to retire now. :)

Don't you want Rafa to comeback so that Murray can beat him?

Semi-Pro
09-18-2012, 05:55 PM
He is still serving his silent ban. He will be good to go for the 2013 season.

Crisstti
09-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Rafas public image is FAKE. Sadly Fed fans got it right everything about this guy is a big lie.I dont know what public cares about this gambling stuff or not,since ı havent done any public research.(ı guess you did):):)
The thing is, Nadal FAKE personality realized by so many fans who has some brain.What Nadal team targets at the moment is people like you.

Yeah, blah, blah, blah.

I guess you're someone close to him since you somehow know his personality so well, right?.

Stop posting so much bs.

RF20Lennon
09-18-2012, 06:13 PM

weve had a history of trolls in this place!! From ********* to nadalwon2012 to NadalSlamKing to 6-16-36-0 to VamosPunch who most likely was the same person who wanted to troll excessively and since your username is Ms. Nadal it just brings up speculation dont take it personally just be a decent poster and youll be ok its just that weve had quite a history in this place :)

RF20Lennon
09-18-2012, 06:15 PM
I swear!! people on this forum are more concerned about nadal than nadal himself!! How about we wait till AO2013 before we either start saying hes going to come out guns blazing and conquer everyone or start saying hes going to retire!!

Crisstti
09-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks a lot Feetofclay fro posting the interview. Interesting interview indeed :)

Ho is your position realistic?. Rafa deserves a little more from his fans. He's had serious injuries before and has always come back strong. No reason to not, at the very least, give him the benefit of the doubt.

I hate to say it to a fellow lady fan, but aren't you getting a little hysterical? Rafa was celebrated as Vanity Fair Man of the Year the other evening and said to another interviewer that he had no intention of retiring; in fact the inquiry took him by surprise.

Didn't he call the idea a "animalidad"? :)

How great you got to see the USO 2010 final!.

Clarky21
09-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks a lot Feetofclay fro posting the interview. Interesting interview indeed :)

Ho is your position realistic?. Rafa deserves a little more from his fans. He's had serious injuries before and has always come back strong. No reason to not, at the very least, give him the benefit of the doubt.

Didn't he call the idea a "animalidad"? :)

How great you got to see the USO 2010 final!.

You calling me a ho? :lol: J/K. Anyway,I do think I am being realistic. Nadal is old in tennis years and is injury prone. To believe he will be back to what he was before this latest injury is just not going to happen.

What's crazy or wild about asking him about retirement? Especially at this stage of his career,and with his constant injury problems?

Crisstti
09-18-2012, 10:12 PM
You calling me a ho? :lol: J/K. Anyway,I do think I am being realistic. Nadal is old in tennis years and is injury prone. To believe he will be back to what he was before this latest injury is just not going to happen.

He has come back to what he was before other times. Him being a couple of years older doesn't mean he won't this time. Maybe that's why the recovery time is longer though?.

What's crazy or wild about asking him about retirement? Especially at this stage of his career,and with his constant injury problems?

I don't know, maybe someone said some nonsense about him having retired already and just not telling the public and he was like "¿qué clase de animalidad es esa?" ;)

He obviously intends to come back.

Sentinel
09-18-2012, 10:33 PM
weve had a history of trolls in this place!! From ********* to nadalwon2012 to NadalSlamKing to 6-16-36-0 to VamosPunch who most likely was the same person who wanted to troll excessively and since your username is Ms. Nadal it just brings up speculation dont take it personally just be a decent poster and youll be ok its just that weve had quite a history in this place :)

Ms Nadal isn't one of the legends you mentioned above. *** is back as tennisMVP.

Ms Nadal is a new generation altogether, trust me.

Clarky21
09-18-2012, 10:35 PM
He has come back to what he was before other times. Him being a couple of years older doesn't mean he won't this time. Maybe that's why the recovery time is longer though?.

I don't know, maybe someone said some nonsense about him having retired already and just not telling the public and he was like "¿qué clase de animalidad es esa?" ;)

He obviously intends to come back.

The older you get the harder it is to come back from extended injury breaks. It's well known that one's body does not recover the same way as you age. It's just basic,common sense to say that Nadal will most likely not be the same when/if he comes back.

He can come back all he wants but that does not mean he will be successful at it. If he does return,I think he should seriously consider retirement if his clay season goes to see Jesus. That's his bread and butter,and his ranking will suffer catastrophically if he doesn't do exceptionally well that time of year.

beast of mallorca
09-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Ms Nadal isn't one of the legends you mentioned above. *** is back as tennisMVP.

A new generation of CLarky ? Wow, that's scary !! :twisted:

Murrayfan31
09-19-2012, 04:12 AM
He is still serving his silent ban. He will be good to go for the 2013 season.
Could be. Just like in 2009. Though this time the penalty is harsher.

Murrayfan31
09-19-2012, 04:13 AM
Don't you want Rafa to comeback so that Murray can beat him?
Not really. I'd rather he not play at all.

Gonzalito17
09-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Nadal will be back, better faster stronger than ever!

mistik
09-19-2012, 06:00 AM
İf he ever comes back(which he wont).İt is going to be all about match fixing and betting.

Sentinel
09-19-2012, 06:42 AM
İf he ever comes back(which he wont).İt is going to be all about match fixing and betting.

Could you clarify please. I am perplexed.

mistik
09-19-2012, 06:55 AM

Nadal entered the gambling world.It would be naive to think that it is going to be just poker.His greed is well known.He can make tons of money with betting and match fixing,he also has big gambling company on his side to cover everything.Maybe he already won tons of money from Rosol match.Who knows ???

tacou
09-19-2012, 07:04 AM
people saying he won't be back are delusional. These comments have existed since he missed 2005 Australian Open, and every time he has had an injury since then.

If the knee injury reignites early next season, then an early retirement is very likely. But as of now it looks like another QF at worst AO, decent HC swing, followed by a dominant clay season and another FO. Business as usual.

A more interesting question is, if Nadal rebounds and can win 2 slams next year, might he hang up his racket of his own accord?

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 07:17 AM
Nadal will be back, better faster stronger than ever!

Just like your hero ****,huh?

Crisstti
09-19-2012, 07:17 AM
The older you get the harder it is to come back from extended injury breaks. It's well known that one's body does not recover the same way as you age. It's just basic,common sense to say that Nadal will most likely not be the same when/if he comes back.

He can come back all he wants but that does not mean he will be successful at it. If he does return,I think he should seriously consider retirement if his clay season goes to see Jesus. That's his bread and butter,and his ranking will suffer catastrophically if he doesn't do exceptionally well that time of year.

And no one's denying that. It doesn't mean he can't recover though. And it isn't like he's in his 30's.

That is just the facade falling off completely Senti.

I hope Benito wasn't just bluffing and he does sue people like Mistik.

RF20Lennon
09-19-2012, 07:30 AM

Oh ok I see! Yeah I knew Tennis MVP was *** let's now wait for this new generation

rafan
09-19-2012, 07:31 AM
Rafael Nadal is a young man. People heal when they are young ( and often when they are older) providing they rest, eat a diet that is simple and not destructive to the healing process and best of all think positively. Nadal has enough people around him to give him all the encouragement he needs and he has millions of his fans battering at his door begging him to come back. In that light do you really think he is going to give up..NO WAY!

RF20Lennon
09-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Rafael Nadal is a young man. People heal when they are young ( and often when they are older) providing they rest, eat a diet that is simple and not destructive to the healing process and best of all think positively. Nadal has enough people around him to give him all the encouragement he needs and he has millions of his fans battering at his door begging him to come back. In that light do you really think he is going to give up..NO WAY!

Of course he won't give up!!! I think what these guys are trying to say is this injury. Ought have had a bigger impact than we expected

sureshs
09-19-2012, 09:20 AM
My gut feeling was that Nadal ain't coming back. He is sounding as if he is satisfied with his past career and ready to move on. He was never the type to seek fame so anonymity is acceptable to him.

However, his statement that he is redoing some arrangements with sponsors seemed to convey the opposite. Why would he bother if he is not coming back?

RF20Lennon
09-19-2012, 09:23 AM
My gut feeling was that Nadal ain't coming back. He is sounding as if he is satisfied with his past career and ready to move on. He was never the type to seek fame so anonymity is acceptable to him.

However, his statement that he is redoing some arrangements with sponsors seemed to convey the opposite. Why would he bother if he is not coming back?

Sponsers mainly!!!

Ms Nadal
09-19-2012, 09:31 AM
I just want Rafa to come back! I adore him. I am just getting worried :(

RF20Lennon
09-19-2012, 09:33 AM
I just want Rafa to come back! I adore him. I am just getting worried :(

Btw 6-16-36-0 is back so if you were thinking why people were speculating about you read his posts :)

Ms Nadal
09-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Btw 6-16-36-0 is back so if you were thinking why people were speculating about you read his posts :)

I don't know these guys. I only joined at the weekend!! I am just a worrier. Rafa please come back! Tennis is boring without him and I want to go to a couple of tournaments next year!

6-1 6-3 6-0
09-19-2012, 09:46 AM
I don't know these guys. I only joined at the weekend!! I am just a worrier. Rafa please come back! Tennis is boring without him and I want to go to a couple of tournaments next year!

Just plop them on your ignore list, they're being excessively paranoid and think new users who happen to be Nadal fans are a reincarnation of nadal_slam_king.

Crisstti
09-19-2012, 09:47 AM

He always sounds like that. In 2009 when he wasn't playing he said the same thing, "I'm satisfied with what I have done in my career", etc. It's just the way he is.

RF20Lennon
09-19-2012, 09:48 AM

I know your a new user but that's why people did question you in the beginning

TMF
09-19-2012, 09:56 AM

Nope, he's not satisfy, not even close. His goal is to catch Roger's achievement/legacy. He envies Roger's position.

In 2006, Sampras thought about returning to the tour when he saw Roger keep winning everything.

RF20Lennon
09-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Nope, he's not satisfy, not even close. His goal is to catch Roger's achievement/legacy. He envies Roger's position.

In 2006, Sampras thought about returning to the tour when he saw Roger keep winning everything.

When did this happen?

TMF
09-19-2012, 09:58 AM
He always sounds like that. In 2009 when he wasn't playing he said the same thing, "I'm satisfied with what I have done in my career", etc. It's just the way he is.

People say those things but deep down inside they want more. Nothing is never enough, especially when one guy[Fed] is ahead of him.

Crisstti
09-19-2012, 10:02 AM
People say those things but deep down inside they want more. Nothing is never enough, especially when one guy[Fed] is ahead of him.

Oh, sure. I'm just saying he always talks like that, so it doesn't mean anything.

I do think he means it, to some degree... but that's irrelevant to this discussion anyway.

Boricua
09-19-2012, 10:30 AM

His need to compete will bring him back, more so than recognition or fame which he already has.

sureshs
09-19-2012, 10:42 AM
His need to compete will bring him back, more so than recognition or fame which he already has.

What if he finds the ramp up difficult (runs into a flat hitter like Rosol, DP or Birdie) in the initial stages of the comeback?

TMF
09-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Oh, sure. I'm just saying he always talks like that, so it doesn't mean anything.

I do think he means it, to some degree... but that's irrelevant to this discussion anyway.

I have to disagree. He knows he can win more, so no way he's currently satisfy what he's achieved as of now. Any player wouldn't be satisfy if they believe they still can win more slams(that goes for any athletes).

TMF
09-19-2012, 11:35 AM
What if he finds the ramp up difficult (runs into a flat hitter like Rosol, DP or Birdie) in the initial stages of the comeback?

Don't be so negative. He's not a 35 yrs old trying to comeback and hope to win slams.

6-1 6-3 6-0
09-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Nadal will always have Roland Garros as his personal pet tournament, so he'll at least catch Federer by the time he turns 32 (winning Roland Garros 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 ). Federer will have retired at some point during that timespan, and Federer will not win another slam, so it's all looking very good for Nadal.

ALL IN
09-19-2012, 11:39 AM

Another inspiring and optimistic post. :???:

I'm in awe that a single person can spew so much negativity..................

Crisstti
09-19-2012, 12:30 PM
If he runs into a difficult players in the early stages of his comeback and he loses he will get over it. He has come back many times from injuries, he knows he won't be playing his best right away.

I have to disagree. He knows he can win more, so no way he's currently satisfy what he's achieved as of now. Any player wouldn't be satisfy if they believe they still can win more slams(that goes for any athletes).

Let's say that I don't think he'd be awfully disappointed if he doesn't.

But I certainly think he wants to won more and cares about winning more than the players currently above him.

underground
09-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Nadal will always have Roland Garros as his personal pet tournament, so he'll at least catch Federer by the time he turns 32 (winning Roland Garros 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 ). Federer will have retired at some point during that timespan, and Federer will not win another slam, so it's all looking very good for Nadal.

Banned and unbanned again?!

beast of mallorca
09-19-2012, 01:12 PM

It's not even negativity. It's plain as black and white stupidity. And that poster is the Queen of it here in TW. Just saying.:twisted:

Agassifan
09-19-2012, 01:35 PM
I can't believe that people are speculating Rafa won't be back. Any analysis in which he doesn't win at least 2 or 3 more slams is terrible.

6-1 6-3 6-0
09-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Banned and unbanned again?!

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.

kaku
09-19-2012, 01:51 PM
ATP site says that Rafa is supposed to play Beijing. Will he still be playing it?

mistik
09-19-2012, 01:56 PM

Oh my Cristina,maybe you have to understand that Benito is just a stupid PR not a lawyer.İnstead of arguing with fans on net if he does his job better there wont be a interview like Lynn Barber has done with Rafa.Maybe Benito should have to consider to sue Barber,a journalist who clearly means Rafa is gay and his public image is fake.:):)

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 02:19 PM
And no one's denying that. It doesn't mean he can't recover though. And it isn't like he's in his 30's.

That is just the facade falling off completely Senti.

If Benito the clown is going to start suing people for things like what Mistik has said,he is going to be a very,very busy man. And if Benito the clown was actually dumb enough to start suing strangers on an internet forum,there are a h*ll of a lot worse things said about Nadal that he could drag someone into court for. Hopefully,he isn't even more inept than usual at what he does to actually start dragging himself,and Nadal through the court system just because he doesn't like what someone may have said about his client.

Besides,do you realize how difficult it would be to start suing people all over the world? Every country has different laws,and unless he wants to spend a whole lot of time and money on something so trivial just because he got his feelings hurt,he better shut it and keep things out of court. Benito is already a moron,and a total joke as it is. He doesn't need to add insult to injury.

Tough. Don't like it then don't read it.

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 02:19 PM
ATP site says that Rafa is supposed to play Beijing. Will he still be playing it?

No. He is done for the year.

tennis_pro
09-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Can you stop reviving this thread until we actually have a legit update of what's going on with Nadal? Jesus, each time I see this thread bump up I expect some news and what I see is some jibber jabber instead.

Crisstti
09-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Oh my Cristina,maybe you have to understand that Benito is just a stupid PR not a lawyer.İnstead of arguing with fans on net if he does his job better there wont be a interview like Lynn Barber has done with Rafa.Maybe Benito should have to consider to sue Barber,a journalist who clearly means Rafa is gay and his public image is fake.:):)

I meant, of course, hire a lawyer to do it. Not so hard to understand, is it?.

Nothing to sue about in that Barber interview, BTW. Nothing wrong with being gay, so no damage to his image.

If Benito the clown is going to start suing people for things like what Mistik has said,he is going to be a very,very busy man. And if Benito the clown was actually dumb enough to start suing strangers on an internet forum,there are a h*ll of a lot worse things said about Nadal that he could drag someone into court for. Hopefully,he isn't even more inept than usual at what he does to actually start dragging himself,and Nadal through the court system just because he doesn't like what someone may have said about his client.

Besides,do you realize how difficult it would be to start suing people all over the world? Every country has different laws,and unless he wants to spend a whole lot of time and money on something so trivial just because he got his feelings hurt,he better shut it and keep things out of court. Benito is already a moron,and a total joke as it is. He doesn't need to add insult to injury.

That kind of thing has nothing to do with just not liking what someone has said. And it would only take a couple cases to make people think twice about what they say, no need to go further.

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 02:33 PM

Nothing to sue about in that Barber interview, BTW. Nothing wrong with being gay, so no damage to his image.

That kind of thing has nothing to do with just not liking what someone has said. And it would only take a couple cases to make people think twice about what they say, no need to go further.

I agree with you,but it absolutely would be damaging to his image there is no question about that. I don't agree with it,but unfortunately,that's the way things are.

Yep,and turn Nadal into a laughing stock,and cost him a ton of support/fans. If Benito actually starts suing people for having an opinion,he is making a gigantic mistake.

Ms Nadal
09-19-2012, 02:34 PM
I don't think Benito should sue anyone. People always make horrible assumptions about Rafa, sad but true. These people are not worth giving th etime of day. I don't want Rafa's reputation and private life dragged through the courts, that is the last indiginity. All the stress etc on Rafa's head! Rafa needs to concentrate on getting his knees and body, mind and soul working well again. His fans and tennis need him!. People can believe what they want about Rafa. His beloved fans know that he is a lovely, sincere and humble young man. Rafa isn't peRFect but who is?.

Ms Nadal
09-19-2012, 02:36 PM

Where do people get these stories and ideas? :confused:. Rafa has a lovely girlfriend called Maria who is beautiful and he is very protective of her. That is really sweet :)

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Where do people get these stories and ideas? :confused:. Rafa has a lovely girlfriend called Maria who is beautiful and he is very protective of her. That is really sweet :)

He's so protective of her that she seems to not even exist. :lol: I don't care about their relationship,but there is something strange about them that much is obvious. And no,I do not think Nadal is gay.

Ms Nadal
09-19-2012, 02:43 PM
He's so protective of her that she seems to not even exist. :lol: I don't care about their relationship,but there is something strange about them that much is obvious. And no,I do not think Nadal is gay.

What is strange about them? They don't like the spotlights like the footballers wives do. I like that. Rafa only talks about Uncle Toni, REALLY. Who is in his tennis life. Rafa is protective with other family members etc. Fair enough.

feetofclay
09-19-2012, 03:20 PM

There is nothing strange about not wanting your private life being made public. I think he answered this question perfectly well in his most recent interview.
"You are especially impenetrable about your private life. May I ask you why you find it so hard to talk, for example, about your girlfriend?"

"I think discretion is best for me and for her. Otherwise, in the end, it would all be turned into a show which seems to me totally unnecessary and very uncomfortable. I try to live in peace and quiet. I'm conscious that all this (fame) is fleeting and afterwards you return to a relatively normal life."

We have certainly seen enough of her to know that she exists. They appear to me to be a beautiful couple, who will never be posers like Djokovic and his girlfriend. Djokovic and girlfriend like to be in the public view, in the limelight, Rafa and his girlfriend don't. End of story.

mistik
09-19-2012, 03:20 PM

Be real my Cristina if this guy Benito has any brain he would never feed trolls on net.He is a total moron.I bet that he doesnt even know what he is talking about,ı mean he doesnt even know if it is possible to sue people or not.He is just talking with his stomach as usual.I also think being gay is no problem but Barber article was ugly and it was Benitos fault that kind of interview happened.If not for Rafas royalty, this guy would have been fired.The stupid Benito instead of doing is his job he is surfing on the net and feeding the trolls.

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 03:50 PM
There is nothing strange about not wanting your private life being made public. I think he answered this question perfectly well in his most recent interview.
"You are especially impenetrable about your private life. May I ask you why you find it so hard to talk, for example, about your girlfriend?"

"I think discretion is best for me and for her. Otherwise, in the end, it would all be turned into a show which seems to me totally unnecessary and very uncomfortable. I try to live in peace and quiet. I'm conscious that all this (fame) is fleeting and afterwards you return to a relatively normal life."

We have certainly seen enough of her to know that she exists. They appear to me to be a beautiful couple, who will never be posers like Djokovic and his girlfriend. Djokovic and girlfriend like to be in the public view, in the limelight, Rafa and his girlfriend don't. End of story.

Sure,I guess that's why she was doing promo junk for Mapfre(who is coincidentally one of Nadal's sponsors),and getting her picture taken with fans. She may not be as bad about it as **** and his bobble headed girlfriend,but don't tell me she doesn't like the attention on her when it suits her.

She also refused to go out with him until after he won his first slam and started raking in the money. Make of that what you will.

Ms Nadal
09-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Sure,I guess that's why she was doing promo junk for Mapfre(who is coincidentally one of Nadal's sponsors),and getting her picture taken with fans. She may not be as bad about it as **** and his bobble headed girlfriend,but don't tell me she doesn't like the attention on her when it suits her.

She also refused to go out with him until after he won his first slam and started raking in the money. Make of that what you will.

Maria was not in that MAPFRE ad it was a lookalike. Pictures with fans is harmless. The fans just want a part of Rafa that's all.

RF20Lennon
09-19-2012, 04:05 PM
If nadal retires now this forum will go nuts!!!

Ms Nadal
09-19-2012, 04:09 PM
If nadal retires now this forum will go nuts!!!

Oh let's stop with the R word. It would break my heart.

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Maria was not in that MAPFRE ad it was a lookalike. Pictures with fans is harmless. The fans just want a part of Rafa that's all.

Yeah,I think I know that. I am speaking of an appearance she made last year at a Mapfre booth,pimping their insurance. Sorry,but that definitely WAS her there. I also highly doubt she would even have that job if not for Nadal. Make of that what you will as well.

Also,she is so weird she doesn't talk to her own family about Nadal. You don't find it odd that she doesn't even mention anything about him to her own d*mn family? They are weird together,and something about them seems phony,or put on to me.

mistik
09-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Yeah,I think I know that. I am speaking of an appearance she made last year at a Mapfre booth,pimping their insurance. Sorry,but that definitely WAS her there. I also highly doubt she would even have that job if not for Nadal. Make of that what you will as well.

Also,she is so weird she doesn't talk to her own family about Nadal. You don't find it odd that she doesn't even mention anything about him to her own d*mn family? They are weird together,and something about them seems phony,or put on to me.

How do you know she doesnt mention him to her own family ????

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 05:15 PM
How do you know she doesnt mention him to her own family ????

Because she said so herself.

mistik
09-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Because she said so herself.

So you believe it.I mean what would you expect her to say to the press.Only me and my mum knows Rafas performance on bed.:):)

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 05:23 PM
So you believe it.I mean what would you expect her to say to the press.Only me and my mum knows Rafas performance on bed.:):)

I never said she had to speak about their sex life. You have jumped to some major conclusions with that one.

If I may ask you,are you married or in a relationship? if so,do you ever talk about what's going in you and your partner's lives with your family? I am talking about just basic conversation,not what your sex life is like. I find it odd that she said she doesn't speak about Nadal at all with either her family,or her friends. That is bizarre to me,and says to me that something odd is going on there if she doesn't even say anything about him to the people closest to her.

mistik
09-19-2012, 05:31 PM
I never said she had to speak about their sex life. You have jumped to some major conclusions with that one.

If I may ask you,are you married or in a relationship? if so,do you ever talk about what's going in you and your partner's lives with your family? I am talking about just basic conversation,not what your sex life is like. I find it odd that she said she doesn't speak about Nadal at all with either her family,or her fiends. That is bizarre to me,and says to me that something odd is going on there if she doesn't even say anything about him to the people closest to her.
I am sure that she says something about Rafa to her family and her very close friends.Or maybe she doesnt even need to cause Rafa goes to her home and they have same friends.So people who are close them knows that they are together anyway.İt is pretty clear that they never try to act like celebrity couple which is understandable.

Sid_Vicious
09-19-2012, 05:33 PM

Lol I kinda know what you are talking about. I remember somone asking Nadal about how Xisca influenced his tennis game and Rafa said that she did not have play a big part in his success in tennis.

Also, I remember reading an article about Nadal last year by some controversial journalist( she caused quite a stir ) . In the article there was a quote from Rafa where he said something along the lines of 'I got my life, and she's got her life'

It definitely seems like a unique relationship. Who cares though? We just want Rafa to play tennis.

tennisMVP
09-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Lol I kinda know what you are talking about. I remember somone asking Nadal about how Xisca influenced his tennis game and Rafa said that she did not have play a big part in his success in tennis.

Also, I remember reading an article about Nadal last year by some controversial journalist( she caused quite a stir ) . In the article there was a quote from Rafa where he said something along the lines of 'I got my life, and she's got her life'

It definitely seems like a unique relationship. Who cares though? We just want Rafa to play tennis.

I think its safe to say Nadal is not a romantic. He's not a "whipped" man, unlike the silly "sensitive new age gir...guys".

tennisMVP
09-19-2012, 06:01 PM
I don't think Benito should sue anyone. People always make horrible assumptions about Rafa, sad but true. These people are not worth giving th etime of day. I don't want Rafa's reputation and private life dragged through the courts, that is the last indiginity. All the stress etc on Rafa's head! Rafa needs to concentrate on getting his knees and body, mind and soul working well again. His fans and tennis need him!. People can believe what they want about Rafa. His beloved fans know that he is a lovely, sincere and humble young man. Rafa isn't peRFect but who is?.

Nadal is probably the most morally perfect of all the top athletes. He has this 'wisdom' about him. You sense it in his interviews. He's like a wise old owl, and a very deep thinker. He's quite the opposite of Tiger Woods/Federer - those guys come across as posers/fakes. When you read a Federer interview it reads like a person with a big ego problem.

RF20Lennon
09-19-2012, 06:03 PM

Lol because Rafa will obviously base his descion on what a few Internet posters say

cc0509
09-19-2012, 07:04 PM

Who are you really? DjokovicForTheWin? Either you are *** coming up with another "personality" or you are a Nadal hater who was banned on here and are coming up with a new alias. You are annoying either way.

cc0509
09-19-2012, 07:05 PM

Not even slightly? I think he may be AC/DC. That relationship with Xisca is for sure very odd and seems very manufactured in many ways.

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Not even slightly? I think he may be AC/DC. That relationship with Xisca is for sure very odd and seems very manufactured in many ways.

Not really. I mean,he could be,but I still wouldn't care if he was. I have heard stories about him getting around a bit with women,but that doesn't mean he's totally straight.

I do agree with you that his relationship with Xisca is more like a business transaction than an actual bf/gf situation. I think it is extremely bizarre the way she seems to almost be owned by his family,and sworn to secrecy. Why else would she never say a word about Nadal to even her closest friends and family?

Crisstti
09-19-2012, 07:29 PM

Lol, yeah, they asked him what influence she's had on his success and he answered "non", just like that. That an that Barber interview do make the relationship seem kinda odd. Made me wonder if he didn't worry she'd be upset about his answers. Anyway, lately they relationship has stuck me as more real, for whatever reason.

I think he might be. Always got that vibe off him, a little.

Crisstti
09-19-2012, 07:36 PM
I agree with you,but it absolutely would be damaging to his image there is no question about that. I don't agree with it,but unfortunately,that's the way things are.

Yep,and turn Nadal into a laughing stock,and cost him a ton of support/fans. If Benito actually starts suing people for having an opinion,he is making a gigantic mistake.

Let me put it that way, I wouldn't like it at all if he'd sue over someone suggesting he's gay. It would promote homophobia IMO.

Suing someone for defamation is not the same as for "having an opinion". I wouldn't normally think a famous person should sue over these kind of stuff anyway, but I at least haven't seen seen so much libellous stuff posted around about an athlete before. I doubt the backlash would be such a big deal.

BTW, May I ask where did you read that she doesn't talk about him to her friends and family, and that she refused to date him until he won his first slam?. I've never read anything like that.

cc0509
09-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Not really. I mean,he could be,but I still wouldn't care if he was. I have heard stories about him getting around a bit with women,but that doesn't mean he's totally straight.

I do agree with you that his relationship with Xisca is more like a business transaction than an actual bf/gf situation. I think it is extremely bizarre the way she seems to almost be owned by his family,and sworn to secrecy. Why else would she never say a word about Nadal to even her closest friends and family?

Exactly. It is very strange indeed and certainly not how the course of a normal relationship would work.

cc0509
09-19-2012, 07:52 PM

But if their relationship is manufactured then that story is manufactured as well. It sounds "good."

Rjtennis
09-19-2012, 07:58 PM

Something is off with that relationship for sure. They have been dating for years, but they lead very different lives and she is rarely around. Look at nole or murray's gf's. They are basically at every tournament which is normal. Im not saying the guy is gay, but i think that relationship is mostly for PR. As far as Nadal returning, he will come back strong but it may take some time. I also dont see this injury ever fully healing so it will continue to be an issue for him. Its obviously a major injury if he missed half of the season which included a slam and the olympics. I think Rafa will continue to rack up titles on the dirt and win a few more slams at RG titles and possibly Wimbledon. To do that though i think he may have to lay off some hard court tournament, and really be careful about how many touraments he enters. From now on it may be all about the RG and Wimbledon stretch for Rafa. With Fed still playing well, Nole and Murray peaking and big serving younger players starting to make their way through draws its not going to be easy for Nadal.

cc0509
09-19-2012, 07:58 PM
I think he might be. Always got that vibe off him, a little.

At least you, as a Nadal fan, can admit that possibility which is admirable. Most of the more bizarre Nadal fans on here would never admit that could be a possibility, like they actually know what really goes on in Nadal's private life. :rolleyes:

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Let me put it that way, I wouldn't like it at all if he'd sue over someone suggesting he's gay. It would promote homophobia IMO.

Suing someone for defamation is not the same as for "having an opinion". I wouldn't normally think a famous person should sue over these kind of stuff anyway, but I at least haven't seen seen so much libellous stuff posted around about an athlete before. I doubt the backlash would be such a big deal.

BTW, May I ask where did you read that she doesn't talk about him to her friends and family, and that she refused to date him until he won his first slam?. I've never read anything like that.

I believe she said she doesn't talk about him to her friends and family in Nadal's book. Here's the quote and the link:

"Even if my family asks me about Rafael,” she adds, “I prefer not to say much. The fact is that I just don’t feel comfortable talking about these things, even in private"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/rafaelnadal/8705125/Rafael-Nadal-the-three-key-women-his-mother-sister-and-girlfriend-in-his-life-talk-about-the-man-they-know.html

You don't find that to be bizarre? I know I do,and to me,it's just not normal at all to behave the way she does when it comes to their relationship. It's like she's under contract,and isn't allowed to speak about him. It's strange beyond strange,and I don't think their relationship is a true one.

As for her refusing to go out with him until after he won his first slam,I believe it may have came from an interview with Toni where he admitted that she made Nadal work to get her,and she finally relented after he won his first slam. I'm not completely sure that's where I heard it,but I think that's it.

cc0509
09-19-2012, 08:02 PM
I believe she said she doesn't talk about him to her friends and family in Nadal's book. Here's the quote and the link:

"Even if my family asks me about Rafael,” she adds, “I prefer not to say much. The fact is that I just don’t feel comfortable talking about these things, even in private"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/rafaelnadal/8705125/Rafael-Nadal-the-three-key-women-his-mother-sister-and-girlfriend-in-his-life-talk-about-the-man-they-know.html

You don't find that to be bizarre? I know I do,and to me,it's just not normal at all to behave the way she does when it comes to their relationship. It's like she's under contract,and isn't allowed to speak about him. It's strange beyond strange,and I don't think their realtionship is a true one.

That is exactly how it seems at times to me.

Crisstti
09-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah, that does sound a little bizarre Claky... maybe they're just somewhat bizarre when it comes to these things, lol.

I don't know, she seems close to Rafa's mom and sister, they always seem to be talking when on the stands. And from pictures lately it seems to me they look to be at least friends.

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Yeah, that does sound a little bizarre Claky... maybe they're just somewhat bizarre when it comes to these things, lol.

I don't know, she seems close to Rafa's mom and sister, they always seem to be talking when on the stands. And from pictures lately it seems to me they look to be at least friends.

I think it would be natural for them to at least get along after all these years. Having said that though,I get a distinct "Stepford Wives" vibe from all of the women in his family. They seem subservient,and always let the men go first. I mean,they rarely even sit together at dinner. The women always sit behind the men at his matches,and they don't sit together then,either. I guess I am a bit weirded out by the way his family behaves. They are all very,very strange to me,and give off a weird/creepy vibe. The way they act almost reminds me of cultish behavior. Add that to the fact that they all live together in the same compound, just puts me off. They are all just totally weird.

cc0509
09-19-2012, 09:03 PM
I think it would be natural for them to at least get along after all these years. Having said that though,I get a distinct "Stepford Wives" vibe from all of the women in his family. They seem subservient,and always let the men go first.

Ha, ha Clarky! You are too funny. I get that same vibe as well.

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Ha, ha Clarky! You are too funny. I get that same vibe as well.

Seriously,I am waiting for one of them to short out or blow a fuse one of these days or something. Lol. They are all so robotic it's creepy.

Crisstti
09-19-2012, 09:51 PM
I think it would be natural for them to at least get along after all these years. Having said that though,I get a distinct "Stepford Wives" vibe from all of the women in his family. They seem subservient,and always let the men go first. I mean,they rarely even sit together at dinner. The women always sit behind the men at his matches,and they don't sit together then,either. I guess I am a bit weirded out by the way his family behaves. They are all very,very strange to me,and give off a weird/creepy vibe. The way they act almost reminds me of cultish behavior. Add that to the fact that they all live together in the same compound, just puts me off. They are all just totally weird.

I actually think it's great. Maybe because I would love my family to be closer. I'm not even sure how many cousins I have, and I wouldn't recognize half of them if I met them face to face. I think it's awesome when families are close like that.

I have certainly seen both Rafa's mom and dad sitting together on the stands sometimes.

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 09:57 PM
I actually think it's great. Maybe because I would love my family to be closer. I'm not even sure how many cousins I have, and I wouldn't recognize half of them if I met them face to face. I think it's awesome when families are close like that.

I have certainly seen both Rafa's mom and dad sitting together on the stands sometimes.

One can be close with their family without being cultish. My family is close,but we all don't live in the same compound. We do live within a few miles of each other,and I think that's close enough. Lol.

I also think that the extreme closed-off nature of Nadal's family has hindered his maturity,and stunted him emotionally. I doubt he ever moves away from them. Ever. I don't think he would be able to function without them,and that's not a good thing at all.

Crisstti
09-19-2012, 10:10 PM
One can be close with their family without being cultish. My family is close,but we all don't live in the same compound. We do live within a few miles of each other,and I think that's close enough. Lol.

I also think that the extreme closed-off nature of Nadal's family has hindered his maturity,and stunted him emotionally. I doubt he ever moves away from them. Ever. I don't think he would be able to function without them,and that's not a good thing at all.

I don't think living in the same compound mean they're cultish. It seems a good idea to me. I wouldn't want to be that close to most of my family TBH, but if you're very close to them, why not?. It provides a supportive network, both emotionally and in practical matters.

Nadal strikes me as being very emotionally mature actually, if not much of an independent person.

Sentinel
09-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Can you stop reviving this thread until we actually have a legit update of what's going on with Nadal? Jesus, each time I see this thread bump up I expect some news and what I see is some jibber jabber instead.

Precisely, this has degenerated into the Nadal News thread where every detail of Nadal's private life is ripped open and discussed to death.

Crisstti
09-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Precisely, this has degenerated into the Nadal News thread where every detail of Nadal's private life is ripped open and discussed to death.

It has. I posted some pic on the Nadal News thread to see if discussion would go back there, but nope :)

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 10:22 PM

What a couple of whiners you guys are being. You guys are Fed fans anyway,so what are you doing hanging around in this thread to begin with? Especially a massive Nadal hater like tennis_pro? Not sure at all why you guys would even care.

Sentinel
09-19-2012, 10:25 PM

I just went through the link the ladies here are discussing, and tearing Nadal apart for. I actually found most of it very true and endearing. It's normal stuff. Normal guys have fears.

The part of protecting him from fame and wealth. I've read of African athletes who were destroyed by the same. Now their management group (in NW Europe) protects / shields them from the problems that come with suddenly becoming famous and rich.

His gf explains their relationship and says they don't want it another way. She is not interested in the limelight, and doesn't want her worrying about her when on tour which would happen if she tagged along. (I am not sure I understand this whole thing about gf's tagging along, like Kim Sears and the "bobble headed" (lol) one.)

Gals, it's cool. Your guy is fine. Stop dissecting him.

Clarky21
09-19-2012, 10:36 PM

I just went through the link the ladies here are discussing, and tearing Nadal apart for. I actually found most of it very true and endearing. It's normal stuff. Normal guys have fears.

The part of protecting him from fame and wealth. I've read of African athletes who were destroyed by the same. Now their management group (in NW Europe) protects / shields them from the problems that come with suddenly becoming famous and rich.

His gf explains their relationship and says they don't want it another way. She is not interested in the limelight, and doesn't want her worrying about her when on tour which would happen if she tagged along. (I am not sure I understand this whole thing about gf's tagging along, like Kim Sears and the "bobble headed" (lol) one.)

Come on,Senti. Nobody is "tearing him apart". We were just having a conversation. No big deal.

And what you find endearing,I find to be bizarre. Never talking to your family about your longterm boyfriend? Not ever? You don't find that weird?

Maybe she's not but she sure is interested in his bank account. How else would you explain her continually turning him down until he started raking in the dough?

tennisMVP
09-19-2012, 10:44 PM

Also I think girls (and some guys) get sucked in to thinking romantic relationships are a big deal. Romantic relationships are a very minor part of life. Quite often they are not the top priority, and sometimes not even the 2nd priority.

Sentinel
09-19-2012, 10:52 PM
What a couple of whiners you guys are being. You guys are Fed fans anyway,so what are you doing hanging around in this thread to begin with? Especially a massive Nadal hater like tennis_pro? Not sure at all why you guys would even care.

Ah, so if the thread title has any name other than Federer, we should not be reading or poasting in it ? :)

Come on,Senti. Nobody is "tearing him apart". We were just having a conversation. No big deal.

And what you find endearing,I find to be bizarre. Never talking to your family about your longterm boyfriend? Not ever? You don't find that weird?

Maybe she's not but she sure is interested in his bank account. How else would you explain her continually turning him down until he started raking in the dough?

I couldn't read all the posts in the last 10 pages, but a cursory scan revealed that you guys were discussing his sexuality and family rather critically, so it did appear like "tearing him apart".

The endearing part were his fears, phobias, his calling up his mother to check up on her, his driving carefully.

As far as their living in a compound is concerned which some folks called "cultish" and wierd, in Asia relatives are close, so it's quite understandable for us. On the contrary, we find the western model of living apart to be a tad strange. It's a cultural thing, it seems to me.

As far as not talking about Nadal to her family is concerned, it's her business. Why are you all so quick to make your pronouncements without knowing their side to it. Maybe she doesn't want them nosing in and giving their judgements and views. Maybe she doesn't want them spreading details to their friends.

I didn't know there was some textbook on life that everyone had to follow to the T, lol.

Maybe the Nadal fan club should draft a book on "Acceptable behavior for tennis players and their families/in-laws/gf's" etc and mail it to him :D

Sentinel
09-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Also I think girls (and some guys) get sucked in to thinking romantic relationships are a big deal. Romantic relationships are a very minor part of life. Quite often they are not the top priority, and sometimes not even the 2nd priority.

I can't believe I am actually agreeing with you, ***.

Yes, these so-called romantic relationships are most likely based on some physical or sexual attraction. Thus, it's not surprising that they don't last long. (I don't think) Humans are built to be sexually attracted to the same person for ever.

Whatever these romantic relationships are based on is going to change sooner or later: be it physical characteristics, interests, things we have in common, affiliations/beliefs/ideologies, etc.

Or they are based on some mistaken belief that we are incomplete and need someone to complete us. Then there is the mistaken belief that a certain person IS completing us, which sooner or later is seen through. Then it appears as though the other person has failed us, and the relationship breaks.

In that sense, it's good that Nadal and Xisca keep a distance. It's good she didn't date him before his first slam (whatever "date" actually means), that could have distracted him.

Anyway, the above reasons are why I would not bother too much about Rafa's gf's and how close or apart they are. Rafa should first pursue his dreams and after that think about getting hooked, or tied down (IMO).

tusharlovesrafa
09-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Ah, so if the thread title has any name other than Federer, we should not be reading or poasting in it ? :)

I couldn't read all the posts in the last 10 pages, but a cursory scan revealed that you guys were discussing his sexuality and family rather critically, so it did appear like "tearing him apart".

The endearing part were his fears, phobias, his calling up his mother to check up on her, his driving carefully.

As far as their living in a compound is concerned which some folks called "cultish" and wierd, in Asia relatives are close, so it's quite understandable for us. On the contrary, we find the western model of living apart to be a tad strange. It's a cultural thing, it seems to me.
As far as not talking about Nadal to her family is concerned, it's her business. Why are you all so quick to make your pronouncements without knowing their side to it. Maybe she doesn't want them nosing in and giving their judgements and views. Maybe she doesn't want them spreading details to their friends.

I didn't know there was some textbook on life that everyone had to follow to the T, lol.

Maybe the Nadal fan club should draft a book on "Acceptable behavior for tennis players and their families/in-laws/gf's" etc and mail it to him :D

Spot on Analysis,senti! I like the bolded part.I live in a joint family,and feel blessed to be amongst those people whom i have loved the most.It's a big boon for us which we should always cherish.
I have never been a fan of Clarky's post,firstly she comes off as a melancholic weirdo,who knows only to berate rafa and make doomsday prediction for him.:twisted:

tennisMVP
09-19-2012, 11:05 PM

Yes, these so-called romantic relationships are most likely based on some physical or sexual attraction. Thus, it's not surprising that they don't last long. (I don't think) Humans are built to be sexually attracted to the same person for ever.

Whatever these romantic relationships are based on is going to change sooner or later: be it physical characteristics, interests, things we have in common, affiliations/beliefs/ideologies, etc.

Or they are based on some mistaken belief that we are incomplete and need someone to complete us. Then there is the mistaken belief that a certain person IS completing us, which sooner or later is seen through. Then it appears as though the other person has failed us, and the relationship breaks.

In that sense, it's good that Nadal and Xisca keep a distance. It's good she didn't date him before his first slam (whatever "date" actually means), that could have distracted him.

Anyway, the above reasons are why I would not bother too much about Rafa's gf's and how close or apart they are. Rafa should first pursue his dreams and after that think about getting hooked, or tied down (IMO).

Also, we've (or I have) read Uncle Toni's philosophy on life. Nadal too. Both are not orthodox thinkers. They are not sheep. And certainly not religious. They have not been sucked into the illusion that is "love".

Sentinel
09-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Also, we've (or I have) read Uncle Toni's philosophy on life. Nadal too. Both are not orthodox thinkers. They are not sheep. And certainly not religious. They have not been sucked into the illusion that is "love".

You mean Rafa does not believe in God. OMG, I find that weird and creepy ! Djokovic certainly does, now there's a well-brought up lad.

lol, j/k.

cc0509
09-19-2012, 11:32 PM

What are you babbling on about? We were discussing our opinion about Nadal's relationship to his gf and how it seems manufactured to a certain extent. It is just harmless banter. If you don't like it, skip the posts, you don't rule this forum, we can talk about what we like.

beast of mallorca
09-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Yeah SENTI, you don't rule this forum, so stop it. ! :twisted:

tusharlovesrafa
09-19-2012, 11:39 PM

Yeah SENTI, you don't rule this forum, so stop it. ! :twisted:

What are you babbling on about? We were discussing our opinion about Nadal's relationship to his gf and how it seems manufactured to a certain extent. It is just harmless banter. If you don't like it, skip the posts, you don't rule this forum, we can talk about what we like.

Guys,I have to agree with senti on this..

Agassifan
09-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Nadal sure is weird.. not in a bad way though. Amazing that despite all this, he is rock solid mentally (until he cracked last year).

rafan
09-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Nadal is probably the most morally perfect of all the top athletes. He has this 'wisdom' about him. You sense it in his interviews. He's like a wise old owl, and a very deep thinker. He's quite the opposite of Tiger Woods/Federer - those guys come across as posers/fakes. When you read a Federer interview it reads like a person with a big ego problem.

It's not just Nadal but a lot of Majorcan's are like him. They too have this wisdom-not-in -your- face type of attitude but at the same time very polite. I love Majorca for this reason.

CMM
09-19-2012, 11:59 PM
They have been dating for years, but they lead very different lives and she is rarely around. Look at nole or murray's gf's. They are basically at every tournament which is normal.

Actually she goes to tournaments pretty often. I've noticed she doesn't travel to Australia, but usually she goes with him in Abu Dhabi, Doha, Monte Carlo, Rome, Barcelona, RG, Wimbledon, US Open, Paris and WTF.
And when she was still in school she used to go mostly during the summer vacation at Canada and Cincinnati.
I've also noticed that if you don't have blonde hair the cameras don't give you too much attention. :)

Sentinel
09-20-2012, 12:20 AM

I certainly did skip the posts, but before I skipped I had to take a peek and see what was in them.

You certainly can talk about what you like, but this was a thread about Nadal's injury and updates to it, not his relationship/s.

Perhaps you folks should start a dedicated thread to discussing the Rafa-Xisca dynamic/matchup/head to head. And yeah, never in my wildest dreams did i imagine I rule this forum. That's *** -- he rules.

cc0509
09-20-2012, 01:10 AM
I certainly did skip the posts, but before I skipped I had to take a peek and see what was in them.

You certainly can talk about what you like, but this was a thread about Nadal's injury and updates to it, not his relationship/s.

Perhaps you folks should start a dedicated thread to discussing the Rafa-Xisca dynamic/matchup/head to head. And yeah, never in my wildest dreams did i imagine I rule this forum. That's *** -- he rules.

Yes, but often times threads veer off into other conversations and that is ok.

Re ***, he is one big joke. The guy must have 40 accounts. :)

TennisLovaLova
09-20-2012, 01:29 AM
I dont understand why everyone calls Nadal's GF Xisca.
Everyone calls here Mary actually.

mistik
09-20-2012, 01:49 AM
I see no reason for a public GF if you arent trying to hide something.(it only makes sense if he is gay)I mean if Rafa is the biggest womanizer ever,ı dont see anyone caring about it.The guy is handsome rich and successful.Why for public GF ??? When it comes to tennis world,people loved players like Safin,Becker a lot as well.I dont think it would damage him,if he is a party animal and has an exciting private life.The guy was only 19 years old when he becomes really famous.I begin to think more and more that this relationship is real as well.If it wouldnt be ,Rafa is perfectly capable of acting like Xisca his biggest love he is also perfectly capable of giving perfectly sound interviews about Xisca (he is doing none of it thats why people question) and they can act in a way people wouldnt even question their relationship.I sometimes found some celebrity couples FAKE.They see the cameras,they begin to kiss and show love to each other.I think Rafa and his girlfriend acting the way they think is right for them.They dont even care people find it a little bit strange.İf it would been just a PR tool we would probably read stuff like their romance is the love of the century.:):)

Sentinel
09-20-2012, 02:30 AM
I dont understand why everyone calls Nadal's GF Xisca.
Everyone calls here Mary actually.

The telly shows her as Xisca. I was about to refer to her as Maria but then thought maybe that's Mum Nadal's name.

And while we are still "veering away" from the topic, I'd like to say that I think its great that Rafa did not go in for some superficial trophy-gf super-model bimbo. I can't imagine how a guy can spend his life with some Barbie doll, lol.
Over and out (hopefully).

beast of mallorca
09-20-2012, 02:56 AM
The telly shows her as Xisca. I was about to refer to her as Maria but then thought maybe that's Mum Nadal's name.

And while we are still "veering away" from the topic, I'd like to say that I think its great that Rafa did not go in for some superficial trophy-gf super-model bimbo. I can't imagine how a guy can spend his life with some Barbie doll, lol.
Over and out (hopefully).

Just jealous you don't have a Barbie doll type of GF/wife.

feetofclay
09-20-2012, 07:44 AM
Look at nole or murray's gf's. They are basically at every tournament which is normal.

Off topic I know, but to my mind it is not 'normal' for a 20 something year old to give up on there own life and become a spectator. To be nothing more than an appendage of their men. What about using whatever God given talents they have to actually do something constructive?

Clarky21
09-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Off topic I know, but to my mind it is not 'normal' for a 20 something year old to give up on there own life and become a spectator. To be nothing more than an appendage of their men. What about using whatever God given talents they have to actually do something constructive?

Just what exactly is Xisca doing that's constructive? She does not have a job in the sense that most people have a job. She does nothing but jetset around,go boating,and lay on the beach. She's no different from Andy's gf or ****'s gf,except for they hang around their dudes all the time and she prefers to hang around the beach instead of Nadal. She's a WAG just the same as Jelena and Kim are.

I really think the Nadal clan have put this idea out there that she's independant and supports herself when that's a bold faced lie. I highly doubt some intern could afford the expensive things she has,and be able to take off work whenever they like to travel around the world. That's just pure fantasy. Nadal supports her financially,bought her a car,and even helped her get her faux job at Mapfre. The financial support she gets from him is more than enough to keep her hanging around. She would be going against the grain in a big way if she were not the norm in that respect,which she very much is.

Homeboy Hotel
09-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Back to topic. Nadal's facebook update... 20th September..

"Practicing the only sport that I can play according with the doctors :) Who wouldn’t here?"

According to the doctors..hmmm...Doha 2013 it is.

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/564169_10151113538531026_1303435352_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151113538531026&set=a.456161351025.251362.64822581025&type=1&theater

RF20Lennon
09-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Just what exactly is Xisca doing that's constructive? She does not have a job in the sense that most people have a job. She does nothing but jetset around,go boating,and lay on the beach. She's no different from Andy's gf or ****'s gf,except for they hang around their dudes all the time and she prefers to hang around the beach instead of Nadal. She's a WAG just the same as Jelena and Kim are.

I really think the Nadal clan have put this idea out there that she's independant and supports herself when that's a bold faced lie. I highly doubt some intern could afford the expensive things she has,and be able to take off work whenever they like to travel around the world. That's just pure fantasy. Nadal supports her financially,bought her a car,and even helped her get her faux job at Mapfre. The financial support she gets from him is more than enough to keep her hanging around. She would be going against the grain in a big way if she were not the norm in that respect,which she very much is.

Pretty sure that's why their going out

Clarky21
09-20-2012, 08:04 AM

Yeah,Senti decided to bestow us with his wisdom,and butt into our conversation. Lol. Seeing him try to be all diplomatic and concerned about what we think about Nadal and his relationship,considering he doesn't even like the guy,gave me a hearty chuckle. :lol:

RF20Lennon
09-20-2012, 08:05 AM

"Practicing the only sport that I can play according with the doctors :) Who wouldn’t here?"

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/564169_10151113538531026_1303435352_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151113538531026&set=a.456161351025.251362.64822581025&type=1&theater
LMAO a real update!! Yeap But does Doha have a golf tourney?

mistik
09-20-2012, 08:49 AM

Maybe she also came from a rich family.Do you know everything about her.I still think,this relationship is real.If it would be just PR stuff they would try to show us as a romance of the century,which they dont even try for that.

MichaelNadal
09-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Damn Rafa that sounds grimm as hell.

Clarky21
09-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Maybe she also came from a rich family.Do you know everything about her.I still think,this relationship is real.If it would be just PR stuff they would try to show us as a romance of the century,which they dont even try for that.

Well,I don't. It seems like an agreement of some type where she turns up every so often and gets paid for doing her part. Whatever it is,it's strange,and not like a normal couple would ever act.

mistik
09-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Well,I don't. It seems like an agreement of some type where she turns up every so often and gets paid for doing her part. Whatever it is,it's strange,and not like a normal couple would ever act.

Maybe and maybe not.There are many FAKE relationships in celebrity world and they all act like perfect lovers.They never even tried to give that impression to the public and thats a fact.That makes it more real in my eyes.

Ms Nadal
09-20-2012, 09:51 AM
I think Rafa and Maria are a real couple they don't want limelight as a couple. They make a beautiful couple. They don't act up for the cameras, simple. Rafa only talks about Uncle Toni as he is the coach, he never opens up about his other family members. Nothing wrong with that. Rafa likes to be known for his tennis first and foremost not for him and Maria. Does Mirka talk? Does Roger talk tons about her and his twins?

Ms Nadal
09-20-2012, 09:53 AM

Golf is gentle on the body, no? It is not strenuous like tennis! Especially how Rafa plays. Old men play golf! That is how low impact it is. Rafa helps Rafa relax and find his calm. I hope he is missing TENNIS! :)

RF20Lennon
09-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Does Mirka talk? Does Roger talk tons about her and his twins?

LOL actually yes although this whole discussion is stupid IMO

Ms Nadal
09-20-2012, 10:10 AM
LOL actually yes although this whole discussion is stupid IMO

Not in public. I have never heard her speak and nobody says anything about them keeping their private lives private, so why criticise Rafa for wanting to do the same?

RF20Lennon
09-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Not in public. I have never heard her speak and nobody says anything about them keeping their private lives private, so why criticise Rafa for wanting to do the same?

Rafa can do what he wants I was just answering you're question that fed does it. I don't get why it matters what Rafa does with xisca!

Ms Nadal
09-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Rafa can do what he wants I was just answering you're question that fed does it. I don't get why it matters what Rafa does with xisca!

Rafa and Maria are entitled to their private lives and I never question them personally.

RF20Lennon
09-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Rafa and Maria are entitled to their private lives and I never question them personally.

Was Intended to the others

Ms Nadal
09-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Was Intended to the others

Good! :). I just want Rafa back on the tennis court, where he belongs! I want to go to tournaments next year! To see Rafa LIVE! I never tire of that awesome sight! Rafa at full flight in a rally is a truly amazing sight. The energy he brings to the court cannot be matched by anyone and seeing him close up! WOW! :). COME BACK, RAFA! Your fans miss you!.

Sentinel
09-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah,Senti decided to bestow us with his wisdom,and butt into our conversation. Lol. Seeing him try to be all diplomatic and concerned about what we think about Nadal and his relationship,considering he doesn't even like the guy,gave me a hearty chuckle. :lol:

I am glad you had a hearty laugh, dear gal, I have time and again repeated that I actually like Rafa, it's just his tennis that i don't find interesting. Somehow this has for the last 3 years been translated into "rafa hate". I've always defended any personal attacks and slurs on the poor chap. Even more than i defend Fred.

(Yes, I make a lot of digs and puns on him which is just my nature. And it's Toni I don't like for some reason, lol, not Rafa)

Just jealous you don't have a Barbie doll type of GF/wife.

Yeah, but don't make that public. I am ruined for life that I can't marry Brooklyn Decker.

Crisstti
09-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Damn Rafa that sounds grimm as hell.

I don't think so. Because he says gold is what the doctors are allowing him to play at the moment?. We already knew that. Plus he put a smiley face there :)

I don't think he sounds grim.

rommil
09-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Rafael Nadal to join the NY Rockettes:)

Clarky21
09-20-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't think so. Because he says gold is what the doctors are allowing him to play at the moment?. We already knew that. Plus he put a smiley face there :)

I do,but then again I don't think Nadal will be back at all. And even if he does come back it will be a disaster.

monfed
09-20-2012, 06:13 PM
I nominate Ralph for Golf GOAT. He's a sure fit.

CMM
09-20-2012, 10:57 PM
I wonder if the towel from the latest facebook pic is supposed to mean something.

Sentinel
09-21-2012, 02:40 AM

What is gold ? Is he trading in gold bullion now ? I suppose that's par for the course after his excursion into poker.

Nostradamus
06-09-2013, 08:13 PM
what do you eat for dinner after winning the French open ?