PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Shops in Ontario

Xeq
08-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a good tennis shop in Toronto or the GTA?

armand
08-11-2005, 10:09 AM
yes. it's called the yellow pages. Ever heard of it? Really, the shops in the GTA suck.

08-11-2005, 10:29 AM
tennis shops in the GTA don't suck

Game Set Match on Dupont E of Jane
Browns Sports on Bloor @ Jane
Ron Sloan on Bayview @ Davisville
Ace U Sports on Mississauga Rd north of Lakeshore
Just Tennis on Lakeshore east of Mississauga Rd
Merchant of Tennis on Bayview s.of Eglinton
Sporting Life on Yonge south of Lawrence and in Sherway Gardens mall
Racquet Court Sports @ L'Amareaux park Finch/Kennedy

But for all the gas you'd burn driving around you could buy from TW (way way way way better selection) and have the stuff shipped to you

tom-selleck
08-11-2005, 11:27 AM
tennis shops in the GTA don't suck
Game Set Match on Dupont E of Jane
Browns Sports on Bloor @ Jane
Ron Sloan on Bayview @ Davisville
Ace U Sports on Mississauga Rd north of Lakeshore
Just Tennis on Lakeshore east of Mississauga Rd
Merchant of Tennis on Bayview s.of Eglinton
Sporting Life on Yonge south of Lawrence and in Sherway Gardens mall
Racquet Court Sports @ L'Amareaux park Finch/Kennedy

But for all the gas you'd burn driving around you could buy from TW (way way way way better selection) and have the stuff shipped to you

i'd recommend any of the three, and i think merchant has store in oakville too.... out of those three (sloan, merchant and sporting life), i think merchant has the best demo program (it's free, decent lending period and have alot of the racquets in stock - sloan wasn't free for demo's, but apply fee against purchase and availability is problem at sporting life).... sporting life though is like an absolute machine, very, very easy to deal with. not a shot at the others but they always have tons of staff and alot of activities.. i do like to support smaller merchants too, as i think i've bot racquets from each of the three stores.

hope that helps!!!

as far as having TW ship you stuff, mail order to canada is expensive and a monster hassle in my experience.

armand
08-11-2005, 11:34 AM
i'd recommend any of the three, and i think merchant has store in oakville too.... out of those three (sloan, merchant and sporting life), i think merchant has the best demo program (it's free, decent lending period and have alot of the racquets in stock - sloan wasn't free for demo's, but apply fee against purchase and availability is problem at sporting life).... sporting life though is like an absolute machine, very, very easy to deal with. not a shot at the others but they always have tons of staff and alot of activities.. i do like to support smaller merchants too, as i think i've bot racquets from each of the three stores.

hope that helps!!!

as far as having TW ship you stuff, mail order to canada is expensive and a monster hassle in my experience.of those 3, NONE carry Yonex. I've been searching for the RDX500 MID and I can't find it(midPlus is available readily, even sports chain stores). TW to Canada costs a lot: Shipping, border tariffs(free trade my arse), exchange rate.

edit: oh yes, Sloan DOES carry Yonex, just not the one I want.

tom-selleck
08-15-2005, 08:09 AM
of those 3, NONE carry Yonex. I've been searching for the RDX500 MID and I can't find it(midPlus is available readily, even sports chain stores). TW to Canada costs a lot: Shipping, border tariffs(free trade my arse), exchange rate.

edit: oh yes, Sloan DOES carry Yonex, just not the one I want.

sporting life carried yonex until very recently (i.e. last three months and i demo'd RDX 500 earlier this year), but last time i was there i asked and they said they don't carry yonex anymore... last time i was there, seemed like sporting life had changed their tennis product alot. my sense is trying to sell more with a more limited selection, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

maybe you could ask sporting life what they did with their RDX 500 demo racquet.

unfortunately, i didn't get much of a hitting session with RDX 500.

armand
08-15-2005, 08:29 AM
sporting life carried yonex until very recently (i.e. last three months and i demo'd RDX 500 earlier this year), but last time i was there i asked and they said they don't carry yonex anymore... last time i was there, seemed like sporting life had changed their tennis product alot. my sense is trying to sell more with a more limited selection, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

maybe you could ask sporting life what they did with their RDX 500 demo racquet.

unfortunately, i didn't get much of a hitting session with RDX 500.I just got this email from Yonex not 5 minutes ago:

Hi Gus,

In Toronto you can go to "Sporting Life" or "Merchant of Tennis". If they
don't have the product you want, they are both customers of ours and all
they have to do is give us a call, and we will send it out to them that day.
I'm pretty sure they will special order for you if you request it.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Regards
Laurie Martten

tennis_nerd22
02-22-2006, 04:27 PM
anyone know of any tennis stores in the Ottawa area?