PDA

View Full Version : 14th Annual Mats Wilander Tennis & Golf Benefit!

snapple
09-21-2012, 01:03 PM
This charity event, which will be held at the beautiful Quaker Ridge Country Club in Scarsdale, NY on October 1st offers a fantastic and exciting morning of tennis with Mats Wilander, John McEnroe, and other former pros. In addition to having the opportunity to hit with these legends, the morning will also include a doubles exhibition with Mats and company.

The day concludes with a festive cocktail party and gala dinner with an auction to raise much needed funds to support research and treatment for children afflicted with Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB), a rare genetic debilitating skin disorder. Highlighted among the many impressive auction items is an hour hitting session with Mats himself!

We hope to see many tennis warehouse members at Quaker Ridge on October 1st and greatly appreciate the support of all in any way possible.

Attached below is the link with more information including the invitation.

http://bit.ly/LfqqVi

sureshs
09-21-2012, 01:43 PM
If I am not mistaken, Mats started this because his son has this disorder, right?

snapple
09-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Yes, Mats' son has a relatively mild form of EB.

sureshs
09-21-2012, 01:55 PM
So it is 400 bucks for the whole day including brunch and dinner. Not too bad.

snapple
09-21-2012, 02:01 PM
and it's partially tax deductable to boot!

sureshs
09-21-2012, 02:05 PM
I have read a review of his "Wheels" shows. The guys get to experience his pro level shots. According to the article, this is usually the first time most of them have ever had a pro ball come at them and they relish that experience.

kaiotic
09-21-2012, 04:49 PM
This event is truly worth every dollar.

I have gone three times and had the pleasure of hitting with Mats, Jim Courier, Thomas Blake and other former pros. It was really something receiving a 80-90 mph kick serve from Courier. Missed hitting with the Mac last year, though. The amount of "clean spin" they render is something I had to get used to.

Totally worth the money considering it's an all-day event: top-notch facility, faculty and food. Best of all, you get to play tennis until your shoudler begs for mercy. And you get to talk smack with Mats!

ruerooo
09-21-2012, 05:58 PM
This looks like a lovely event.
Thank you for the link - I just sent it to a friend.