PDA

View Full Version : Could someone compare the POG OS vs C-10 pro OS!!

safins back
02-25-2004, 05:16 AM
Are there any similarities? Both have 110 inch heads and have some weight to them, I think the Volkl is 1/2 inch longer? Do you both play well? which do you prefer?

python
02-25-2004, 07:11 AM
The POG is more stable. It also feels more firm to me personally. The C10 OS is still a fine racquet. Some lead tape applied judiciously would probably go a far way...

El Diablo
02-25-2004, 08:07 AM
The Volkl never felt as agile to me as the POG, not quite as much spin but drives the ball with depth a little better. Both pretty comfy. Enjoyed volleying more with the POG. Both are among the best oversize players' racquets.

BHud
02-25-2004, 08:27 AM
Actually, I believe the Volkl is slightly larger in head size (110 vs 107 measuring from inside the hoop). The Volkl is also 27-1/2" long vs. 27" for the POG. Both are very good racquets (although the Volkl is a bit harder on the arm), but I prefer the POG given that I have a one-handed backhand. The extra 1/2" makes it a bit more difficult for me to maneuver both in the backcourt and at net even though its static weight is slightly lower than the POG (swingweights are about the same).

You cant' go wrong either way...

El Diablo
02-25-2004, 12:20 PM
One more point....Prince and Volkl grip shapes are very different, an issue of particular importance if you hit a one-hand backhand (I require the more rounded Prince grip personally).