PDA

View Full Version : Nadal's new Nike Courtballistec 4.3's

FreshTennisBalls7
09-24-2012, 06:51 AM
http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/descpageMSNIKEH-NMMC43B.html

Just saw these good looking shoes at TennisWarehouseEurope! What do you guys think of them? I think the colorway look really good!

Homeboy Hotel
09-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Regurgitated Roland Garros 2012, no?

Tyler91
09-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Hmmm...I'm not really feeling that colorway...

bandyman35
09-24-2012, 04:29 PM
I love that CW!

JDMasFCK
09-24-2012, 06:36 PM
meh... they don't look that bad...

Rhino
09-24-2012, 06:45 PM
A colorway he will never wear. Nothing special really.

KoolTennisKid
09-24-2012, 09:07 PM
NOICE!!! why doesnt the US get any of those other CW's?

Yveskim89
09-25-2012, 12:39 AM
ive seen TW US display this shoe , that was September 10, 2012 .. while i was viewing nike shoes... i was planning to buy this shoe the next day but cant find it anymore.. Maybe someone from TW will explain or just delaying the issue of the shoe due to slower sales of the 4.3 ( nadal is out )^^

rommil
09-25-2012, 02:38 AM
A colorway he will never wear. Nothing special really.

Not a big deal since he is only playing poker:)

ArliHawk
09-25-2012, 02:48 AM
I prefer the black with volt soles. But I am really looking forward to the orange version for the Australian open.

Babolast
09-25-2012, 04:31 AM
Who cares if Nadal will never wear this shoe? If you like the show, buy it.

max pl
09-25-2012, 04:44 AM
are 4.3s gonna continue on through 2013 or are we getting 5.3s sometime next year?

serve stopper
09-25-2012, 05:16 AM
Well if your a bulls fan,it is definitely awesome

NJ1
09-25-2012, 06:59 AM
are 4.3s gonna continue on through 2013 or are we getting 5.3s sometime next year?

The 4.3s continue per the catalogues. Seems like Nike are following the Barricade trend of a two year run. I prefer that.

The poll makes this rather love/hate. I think they look okay, but I wouldn't wear them as they're too flash.

tennisoh
09-25-2012, 08:06 AM
The 4.3s continue per the catalogues. Seems like Nike are following the Barricade trend of a two year run. I prefer that.

The poll makes this rather love/hate. I think they look okay, but I wouldn't wear them as they're too flash.

To each their own, but too flash? Sure, they aren't all white or all black, but these are pretty subtle compared to most CB options throughout the years.

NJ1
09-25-2012, 08:38 AM
To each their own, but too flash? Sure, they aren't all white or all black, but these are pretty subtle compared to most CB options throughout the years.

Only too flash for me. I'm a lowly 30 year old 5.0 who makes enough errors that I like my shoes to blend in. Currently rotating the White/Grey 4.3s (bought for a great deal) and the white B7s. The Wimby colorway for shoes gets me every year. I still have a new pair of White/Hot Lime 2.3s and some black 2k11s for clay, but that's as far as I'll go. The Volt 4.3s are not my favorites.

Now, none of this means I think it looks bad when others wear colored shoes. I'll wear colored shorts or shirt but shoes, well after a mistake I look down so that's why the shoes must stay plain. :)

tennisoh
09-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Only too flash for me. I'm a lowly 30 year old 5.0 who makes enough errors that I like my shoes to blend in. Currently rotating the White/Grey 4.3s (bought for a great deal) and the white B7s. The Wimby colorway for shoes gets me every year. I still have a new pair of White/Hot Lime 2.3s and some black 2k11s for clay, but that's as far as I'll go. The Volt 4.3s are not my favorites.

Now, none of this means I think it looks bad when others wear colored shoes. I'll wear colored shorts or shirt but shoes, well after a mistake I look down so that's why the shoes must stay plain. :)

I can respect that. I personally like these shoes as something different, while still looking pretty classy and not over the top. Usually CBs are either one extreme or the other.

Born to play
09-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Great but nothing will match 2.3's

maxpotapov
09-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Great but nothing will match 2.3's

I'm going through my 2.3 and planning to get 4.3 next. What's a big difference, again?

NJ1
09-25-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm going through my 2.3 and planning to get 4.3 next. What's a big difference, again?

The sock-like fit and the far tougher lacing system are the key things on the 2.3s. Other than that, the 4.3s are very comfy shoes with even better ventilation.

Born to play
09-25-2012, 10:42 AM
True NJ1 but 2.3 look better in my opinion though you have more options with 4.3 in terms of colour way
Still wating for The Nadal US Open shirt which hopefully will ever come out in 2013, if hope his Night shirt is all black with Red or Light Blue or White swoosh only on all things including socks

anhuynh16
09-25-2012, 12:37 PM
True NJ1 but 2.3 look better in my opinion though you have more options with 4.3 in terms of colour way
Still wating for The Nadal US Open shirt which hopefully will ever come out in 2013, if hope his Night shirt is all black with Red or Light Blue or White swoosh only on all things including socks

Your post don't make sense :confused:

NikeWilson
09-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Nadal always seems to get away with looking good with every colorway because he's got the matching attire to go with it. But for the rest of us, it's sometimes hard because we don't have much stuff that matches the certain colors. For example, I don't have much red clothing to match those red&black shoes.
But, in general, those shoes look cool. Just, not on me, unfortunately. So i probably won't buy them. I usually go for the more predominantly white colorway shoes.

Vcore89
09-26-2012, 02:32 PM
If one takes away Rafa's matching outfit and just wear his court shoes with a pair of jeans and t-shirt walking down the streets, hmm...it wouldn't look so good. Too bulky and rugged-looking quite unlike the Vapor Zooms, s-l-i-c-k!:)

Rafa definitely plays better than his mass w/o class shoes.:grin:

maxpotapov
09-27-2012, 03:16 AM
The sock-like fit and the far tougher lacing system are the key things on the 2.3s. Other than that, the 4.3s are very comfy shoes with even better ventilation.

I do not lace my shoes too much too often, so I'm hoping they will not break on me. My greater concern is toe box and overall width, as I have a wide foot size 13. Are 4.3 they roomier than 2.3 in forefoot?

NikeWilson
09-27-2012, 10:20 AM
I do not lace my shoes too much too often, so I'm hoping they will not break on me. My greater concern is toe box and overall width, as I have a wide foot size 13. Are 4.3 they roomier than 2.3 in forefoot?

Yes.
The 4.3's are wider and roomier than the 2.3's.
I think Nike made the adjustments from people complaining about past versions.
Infact, previous versions of both the Vapors and the CBallistecs were excruciatingly too tight of a fit for me a couple years ago. But over the past year, they made them more roomy and much more comfortable.
The most comfortable shoe, however in my opinion is the Nike Air Zoom Breathe 2K11's.

maxpotapov
09-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Yes.
The 4.3's are wider and roomier than the 2.3's.
I think Nike made the adjustments from people complaining about past versions.
Infact, previous versions of both the Vapors and the CBallistecs were excruciatingly too tight of a fit for me a couple years ago. But over the past year, they made them more roomy and much more comfortable.
The most comfortable shoe, however in my opinion is the Nike Air Zoom Breathe 2K11's.

Thanks for good news!
I also have Breathe 2K11, they really feel like house slippers. But their platform is a bit too low in the heels for me, which leads to some discomfort in my knees and ankles sometimes. No such problems with CourtBallistecs platform.

And durability of course, incomparable unlike the price.

courtking
09-28-2012, 10:09 PM
I hate the CB4.3.. I feel like playing on air.. not really gripping, lowering to the court level.. I lost a few match wearing this shoes.. I thought my knees were the problem then I switch back to Yonex and Vapor.. everything back to normal..