PDA

View Full Version : Nadal: Indoor tennis is not real tennis

Pages : [1] 2

DropShotArtist
09-25-2012, 04:29 AM
About Rosol, he says : "Rosol ? Ce n'était pas un match. Ce jour-là, je n'ai pas joué un match de tennis (référence aux conditions indoor)"

--> " Rosol? That wasnt even a tennis match. That day, I didnt play a tennis match (cause indoor conditions)"

Source: http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Nadal-eduque-pour-resister/315353

rommil
09-25-2012, 04:38 AM
There were 2 sets of real tennis in that Rosol match:)

Sartorius
09-25-2012, 04:45 AM
He also had this to say about hard courts:

‘I can’t pretend not to play on hard courts when two of the Slams are on hard courts, but there is a mistake with our game. You don’t watch footballers playing on a hard surface, or basketball players, those sports with rapid movements.
‘It’s not going to change for me and my generation. Hard courts are very negative for the body. I know the sport is a business and creating these courts is easier than clay or grass, but I am 100 per cent sure it is wrong. I may have to play more on clay than before but there aren’t that many options.’

Somebody should tell him that he himself is negative for the body.

That and especially the Rosol comment are some of the most nonsensical things I've heard anyone say about tennis.

sdont
09-25-2012, 04:45 AM
Strange comment indeed. It doesn't make sense to me.

Did Nadal explicitly talk about indoor conditions? How do the journalist know he was talking about the conditions?

And in the case Nadal wasn't talking about that, what did he mean exactly?

MG1
09-25-2012, 04:48 AM
Desperation ..lol!!

First said that sampras tennis was bore ..H/c is bad for body ..

blah blah blah ..!!

Only he knows what the real tennis is ..!

sdont
09-25-2012, 04:54 AM

That and especially the Rosol comment are some of the most nonsensical things I've heard anyone say about tennis.

He probably doesn't know about sports like handball, lol.

The basketball example is mind-boggling. Does Rafa want to play on wood?

forzamilan90
09-25-2012, 04:56 AM
Not surprised he'd have to say something like that, it's always been what favors me is real tennis, what doesn't is not

sureshs
09-25-2012, 05:21 AM
Tennis should only be played on clay and grass.

Sabratha
09-25-2012, 05:23 AM
Nadal stretched that a bit too far.

sdont
09-25-2012, 05:23 AM

You need to be more precise: watered outdoor red clay and outdoor grass.

rommil
09-25-2012, 05:27 AM

Hardcourts were created so it can support weights for people like you.

vive le beau jeu !
09-25-2012, 05:31 AM

The basketball example is mind-boggling. Does Rafa want to play on wood?
eheh... i'm sure he does !!! :rolleyes:

TennisCJC
09-25-2012, 05:36 AM
Nadal is goofy. Let's see he wants tennis to be played only on clay and grass. Ok, let's keep the clay court season the same length and move all the rest of the season to grass and see how he likes it.

Nadal has benefited more from the general slowing of the courts over the past 10 years than any of the other top players.

Nadal could learn to serve and attack more to shorten points. He could also work on playing with a smoother style to save his body instead of bashing every ball. Federer and Murray both play a smoother style and Federer serves, attacks at the baseline and attacks at the net to keep it short and simple.

For me, clay court tennis is OK but not the most appealing tennis for the ATP as the points are too long and too defensive. Aggressive style is not rewarded on clay and it can get kind of boring sometimes.

Also, BLUE CLAY is great for the fans and all clay court tennis should be changed to blue courts. The kinks can easily be worked out and it is 1000% better to watch on TV. But, Rafa hates it so we have to stick with red clay where you can not see the ball on TV. It is better for the sport to move to BLUE CLAY.

merwy
09-25-2012, 05:42 AM
About Rosol, he says : "Rosol ? Ce n'était pas un match. Ce jour-là, je n'ai pas joué un match de tennis (référence aux conditions indoor)"

--> " Rosol? That wasnt even a tennis match. That day, I didnt play a tennis match (cause indoor conditions)"

Can't believe I'm the first one to ask this but, source?

Also, just like someone else pointed out, how did the interviewer know he was referring to the indoor conditions instead of his own bad play (perhaps caused by knee problems)?

OverratedIvanovic
09-25-2012, 05:43 AM
Source please ? Can't believe he actually said this :roll:

Magnetite
09-25-2012, 05:45 AM
He got pulverized in the 5th set. It's only natural for him to be bitter about it.

He hasn't played a real match since Rosol, so I bet he's been stewing over it for months now.

I personally can't recall a time when Nadal was bludgeoned that badly ever.

Even Federer bagelling Nadal in last year's WTF didn't feel so punishing.

dudeski
09-25-2012, 05:48 AM
There were 2 sets of real tennis in that Rosol match:)

4 sets if remember correctly.

DropShotArtist
09-25-2012, 05:49 AM

Also, just like someone else pointed out, how did the interviewer know he was referring to the indoor conditions instead of his own bad play (perhaps caused by knee problems)?

Source: http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Nadal-eduque-pour-resister/315353

mistik
09-25-2012, 05:49 AM
He clearly means his injury problems not indoor thing.The guy who made interview is just stupid.I am also one of the last person to defend Rafa nowadays but ı dont think he means indoors.

kalyan4fedever
09-25-2012, 05:51 AM
Karma will bite him back, may be the translation is wrong but if it is correct that was annoying comment.

mistik
09-25-2012, 05:54 AM
Karma will bite him back, may be the translation is wrong but if it is correct that was annoying comment.

İf it is correct.He indeed becomes more and more stupid every passing day.

Down_the_line
09-25-2012, 05:56 AM
While I very much respect Nadal and his career accomplishments, I can't believe how many stupid - apparently well thought out - excuses he constantly spews.

Just take the loss like a man, Rafa, and move on. For God's sakes...

sdont
09-25-2012, 06:01 AM

Wouldn't make sense either. You don't change sport just because you're injured.

Now that I think about it, it might refer to the fact that the points were short and not long rallies (not sure, I didn't watch the match). Would make sense considering his previous comments about Sampras and co. Kind of like Verdasco saying Milos is not playing *real* tennis.

fuzzyball
09-25-2012, 06:23 AM

Yes, Blue clay and slightly wet very slippery grass.

The Bawss
09-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Yes, Blue clay and slightly wet very slippery grass.

Epic burn.

Mike Sams
09-25-2012, 06:43 AM
Tennis is a simple game. You hit the ball over the net. Court conditions apply to all parties. No advantage for anybody.:)

Rocky89
09-25-2012, 06:48 AM
Nadal never said indoor tennis isn't real tennis. The indoor tennis part in brackets was added by the paper, not Nadal.

C'mon now, use your heads people.

Clarky21
09-25-2012, 06:51 AM
Nadal never said indoor tennis isn't real tennis. The indoor tennis part in brackets was added by the paper, not Nadal.

C'mon now, use your heads people.

I was about to say the same thing. I read the entire interview and he did NOT say that indoor tennis isn't real tennis. Some of you people will pounce on anything when it comes to Nadal,no matter if it's true or not.

And even if he had said that indoor tennis isn't real tennis,it's no different from a lot of the *******s and *********s here who say clay tennis isn't real tennis,and that it's for peasants. What's the difference?

Sid_Vicious
09-25-2012, 06:52 AM
http://blog.wtfconcept.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/wat.jpg

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 06:57 AM
LOL nadal.... Should've chosen football as a kid. Hardcourts isn't real tennis please man!! And to think this guy is a tennis icon.. Wow no one asked him slide and run around like a rabbit and hurt himself he has only himself to blame

Clarky21
09-25-2012, 06:58 AM
LOL nadal.... Should've chosen football as a kid. Hardcourts isn't real tennis please man!! And to think this guy is a tennis icon.. Wow no one asked him slide and run around like a rabbit and hurt himself he has only himself to blame

This I agree with,but the rest is just :lol:

Rocky89
09-25-2012, 07:01 AM
I was about to say the same thing. I read the entire interview and he did NOT say that indoor tennis isn't real tennis. Some of you people will pounce on anything when it comes to Nadal,no matter if it's true or not.

Yep, common sense flies out the window in this place, some people will look for ridiculous reasons to hate on the guy.

rafan
09-25-2012, 07:05 AM
If you put the US open court surface under a roof then what is the difference between that and a squash court.

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 07:06 AM
If you put the US open court surface under a roof then what is the difference between that and a squash court.

Squash court is made of polished wood plus In a squash court you hit the sides there are walls. Hence they are two completely different sports. Are you telling me decoturf is the same as polished wood???

r2473
09-25-2012, 07:09 AM
Rafa is clearly suffering during his double-secret probation / drug suspension.

merwy
09-25-2012, 07:10 AM

A squash court has a wooden surface, the US Open is hard court. The US Open court is a lot larger and has a net in the middle of the court. There also lines on the tennis court, the squash court doesn't have any lines on the floor. The tennis court is open on the sides. The squash court is surrounded by walls and a glass wall on one side. If you think about it, there are very few similarities between the US Open court and a squash court.

NDFM
09-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Did nadal actually say indoor tennis isn't real tennis? Not sure about that. When he said (referring to Rosol) they didnt play real tennis maybe he was talking about the power in which rosol was playing with, it was just out of this world (in the fifth set). Well that's what i'm getting from that statement not what the title of this thread suggests

Mike Sams
09-25-2012, 07:12 AM
So the consensus is that Nadal has been banned for doping and both Nadal and the ATP are keeping it quiet.

NDFM
09-25-2012, 07:13 AM
So the consensus is that Nadal has been banned for doping and both Nadal and the ATP are keeping it quiet.

It's a conspiracy I say

The Bawss
09-25-2012, 07:16 AM

The consensus? You mean THE TRUTH!

NDFM
09-25-2012, 07:17 AM
The consensus? You mean THE TRUTH!

Any evidence to suggest that this is the truth????

Mike Sams
09-25-2012, 07:18 AM
It's a conspiracy I say

Nadal's playing up his injury. When Federer won Wimbledon and got to 17, Nadal probably lost more confidence thinking "This guy is 31 and still winning Masters and Slams and yet I'm 5 years younger and losing to a guy ranked 100!"

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 07:20 AM
Nadal's playing up his injury. When Federer won Wimbledon and got to 17, Nadal probably lost more confidence thinking "This guy is 31 and still winning Masters and Slams and yet I'm 5 years younger and losing to a guy ranked 100!"

LOL^^^^ true that!!!

Clarky21
09-25-2012, 07:25 AM
Did nadal actually say indoor tennis isn't real tennis? Not sure about that. When he said (referring to Rosol) they didnt play real tennis maybe he was talking about the power in which rosol was playing with, it was just out of this world (in the fifth set). Well that's what i'm getting from that statement not what the title of this thread suggests

No,he did not.

And I think what he meant with the Rosol comment was it was a serve fest,and that there really was no actual tennis involved. Fed has said something very similar about Karlovic after he lost to him. Funny there was no faux outrage about that.

Rocky89
09-25-2012, 07:25 AM

Nope he never said that, that was added by the paper.

Clarky21
09-25-2012, 07:26 AM
LOL^^^^ true that!!!

Not even close,and Mike Shams comment was ridiculous.

NDFM
09-25-2012, 07:26 AM

Yeah that was probably his thoughts...or maybe he has respect for federer's achievements just as federer has respect for nadal's achievements. Why can't federer and nadal fans just get along, I don't understand this.

I am a fan of both players, they really strengthened my interest in tennis, I've been looking at these forums for a while and the hate fans of either players throw at each other is shocking. Federer is the best tennis player no doubt about that but some federer fans are so quick to belittle nadal's achievements or rejoice when he is down and out. Yep nadal lost to Lukas Rosol who was ranked world no.100 at the time but lets not act as if he got straight setted it took rosol five sets to take nadal out, the fifth set was just something else I have never seen such power from one player in this day and age not sure if we will see that again for sometime, rosol deserved that win, he played great. Yet some fans are quick to bring up the loss even if it isn't related to anything at all.

Rocky89
09-25-2012, 07:28 AM
No,he did not.

And I think what he meant with the Rosol comment was it was a serve fest,and that there really was no actual tennis involved. Fed has said something very similar about Karlovic after he lost to him. Funny there was no faux outrage about that.

Lol Clarky we are so in sync

And yes agreed with everything you said.

Sid_Vicious
09-25-2012, 07:31 AM
No,he did not.

That makes no sense at all. It was not a serve fest. Rosol served and hit Nadal off the court at Wimbledon. Just like Federer did last year against Tsonga.

Nadal had no answers in that last set. If it was a serve fest, Nadal would not have gotten broken in the brutal fashion he did.

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Not even close,and Mike Shams comment was ridiculous.

It's called a joke

NDFM
09-25-2012, 07:34 AM
That makes no sense at all. It was not a serve fest. Rosol served and hit Nadal off the court at Wimbledon. Just like Federer did last year against Tsonga.

Nadal had no answers in that last set. If it was a serve fest, Nadal would have gotten broken in the brutal fashion he did.

He hit 19 aces in the match if I am wrong which he rarely does in his matches. It wasn't enough though Rosol just proved to be too strong in that fifth set

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 07:36 AM
He hit 19 aces in the match if I am wrong which he rarely does in his matches. It wasn't enough though Rosol just proved to be too strong in that fifth set

There were rallies nadal just got outhit and in the 90's it was usually servefests so that's not tennis??

Clarky21
09-25-2012, 07:40 AM
There were rallies nadal just got outhit and in the 90's it was usually servefests so that's not tennis??

Do you think clay tennis is real tennis? Ask some of your brethren on here(Whiskee,Monfed,Magnus,Drakulie,etc...)if they do,and watch the bile just spew out from the likes of them.

Sim
09-25-2012, 07:40 AM

This. Nadal could not defend against Rosol's laser like hitting in that match.

NDFM
09-25-2012, 07:42 AM

To be honest I prefer matches were there is a balance so its not just all serve or just all rallies (if that makes sense). 90s tennis was great, I do try to find some on Youtube when I have the time becuase it seem so different to the tennis of today but I appreciate the tennis we have now.

Rosol played the match of his life there was nothing nadal could do about that. He got outhit due to the many short balls he left on the court and right into rosol's strike zone and also the belief Rosol had in his own game that day. Many say this loss is the most embarrassing loss nadal has had, to me the only embarrassing thing was Rosol's ranking other than that he played as if he was in the Top 10 so as a fan I'm not to dissappointed.

mistik
09-25-2012, 07:43 AM
Do you think clay tennis is real tennis? Ask some of your brethren on here(Whiskee,Monfed,Magnus,Drakulie,etc...)if they do,and watch the bile just spew out from the likes of them.
Some stupid posters think clay isnt real tennis and ı can say hard courts isnt real.Who cares ??? Player saying this stuff is something different.I still think he didnt say it though.

merlinpinpin
09-25-2012, 07:43 AM

Well, Nadal *has* said that the way they played in the 90's was not really tennis, so at least, that would be consistent. ;)

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Well, Nadal *has* said that the way they played in the 90's was not really tennis, so at least, that would be consistent. ;)

LOL!! Yes that's true!!!

Sid_Vicious
09-25-2012, 07:46 AM

Weren't those comments taken out of context or were the product of poor spanish to english translation?I believe Nadal said that he did not find that Sampras vs Ivanisevic match at Wimbledon to be entertaining. I don't think he said that it was not really tennis.

kalyan4fedever
09-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Cutting off the indoor segment from the comment also does not make it any better. The comment itself is annoying to say the least what a worthless comment, give some credit to the guy who beat you.

merlinpinpin
09-25-2012, 07:48 AM
Weren't those comments taken out of context or were the product of poor spanish to english translation?I believe Nadal said that he did not find that Sampras vs Ivanisevic match at Wimbledon to be entertaining. I don't think he said that it was not really tennis.

He said both, actually. There you go:

Current Generation More Enjoyable
Rafael Nadal believes previous tennis eras cannot match the excitement generated by the current stars of the sport. "Personally, to watch a Pete Sampras versus Goran Ivanisevic match, or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable," the 10-time major champion told The Evening Standard. "It's not really tennis, it is a few swings of the racquet. It was less eye-catching than what we do now. Everyone enjoys the tennis we play much more. I am not saying we are playing better tennis, just more enjoyable tennis. For me, in the past it was just serve, serve, serve."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2011/06/25/Wimbledon-Diary-Day-Five.aspx

mistik
09-25-2012, 07:54 AM

Rafael Nadal believes previous tennis eras cannot match the excitement generated by the current stars of the sport. "Personally, to watch a Pete Sampras versus Goran Ivanisevic match, or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable," the 10-time major champion told The Evening Standard. "It's not really tennis, it is a few swings of the racquet. It was less eye-catching than what we do now. Everyone enjoys the tennis we play much more. I am not saying we are playing better tennis, just more enjoyable tennis. For me, in the past it was just serve, serve, serve."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2011/06/25/Wimbledon-Diary-Day-Five.aspx
He didnt mean they are playing better tennis he means it is more exciting ı agree with him.

merlinpinpin
09-25-2012, 07:56 AM
He didnt mean they are playing better tennis he means it is more exciting ı agree with him.

I never said anything about "better" or "worse", that was your take on it. I just said that he *had* stated that the 90's weren't real tennis, in answer to a previous post.

Sid_Vicious
09-25-2012, 07:57 AM

Thanks, man.

Looks like Nadal is quite short sighted about tennis.

mistik
09-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Thanks, man.

Looks like Nadal is quite short sighted about tennis.

Wasnt 90s mostly about serve and Wimbledon losing ratings every passing year ? Or am ı remember wrong ?

SQA333
09-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Can't wait for the day Nadal retires. Then we can finally enjoy the clay tournaments.

NDFM
09-25-2012, 08:08 AM
I concurr!! He's entertained people thoroughly for the last 3 month hasn't he?? His moonballing, excessive grunting and butt picking is way more enjoyable to watch than displaying s&v genius!!

Why so much criticism of his game? The butt-picking has nothing to do with his game so that is kinda irrelevant. He was just stating his opinion, I agree to a certain extent I wouldn't want to watch a match were it was just serve after serve after serve. I think thats why I appreciate federer's game so much its such a mix of the 90s generation (net play, aces at the right time, S&V sometimes) and today's generation with the longer rallies, angles etc.

Sid_Vicious
09-25-2012, 08:09 AM
I concurr!! He's entertained people thoroughly for the last 3 month hasn't he?? His moonballing, excessive grunting and butt picking is way more enjoyable to watch than displaying s&v genius!!

That is a very negative way of looking at Nadal. He is a great tennis player and a tennis legend. Nadal does have matches were he plays dull and uninspired tennis, but so did Sampras. You make it seem like Sampras was a breath of fresh air every time he took the court. Serve and volley was not always "genius". It was sometimes pure crap.

I think it is kind of disappointing that Nadal believes, without any doubt, that the tennis he and his peers play is of higher quality (entertainment-wise) than the tennis players in the past played. Of course, Nadal is entitled to his own opinion.

Pete has nothing but high regards for Nadal's tennis. He even calls Nadal the "beast".

NDFM
09-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Can't wait for the day Nadal retires. Then we can finally enjoy the clay tournaments.

There are some clay tournaments nadal doesn't play in, you can watch those ones. And if I may ask why will that make clay tournaments better?

Sid_Vicious
09-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Wasnt 90s mostly about serve and Wimbledon losing ratings every passing year ? Or am ı remember wrong ?

I have only seen the numbers from the US (TV ratings). Yes, Wimbledon was losing ratings throughout the 90's, but even the 90's Wimbledon finals got higher ratings than the 2008 Wimbledon epic did. :shock:

mistik
09-25-2012, 08:18 AM
I have only seen the numbers from the US (TV ratings). Yes, Wimbledon was losing ratings throughout the 90's, but even the 90's Wimbledon finals got higher ratings than the 2008 Wimbledon epic did. :shock:
All ı know that as result of boring tennis 90s tennis lost popularity and never seem to recover from that even today.Plus Sampras is American for sure he has more spectators in USA then Nadal and Fed.

6-1 6-3 6-0
09-25-2012, 08:24 AM
There are some clay tournaments nadal doesn't play in, you can watch those ones. And if I may ask why will that make clay tournaments better?

Easy, they won't be constantly reminded of Federer's failures against Nadal on clay (0-5 at Roland Garros).

CMM
09-25-2012, 08:24 AM

Yes, they were. I think the journalists asked him why they slowed down the grass and he tried to give them a good reason. People wanted to see more tennis, not just 1-2 shots. :)

NDFM
09-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Easy, they won't be constantly reminded of Federer's failures against Nadal on clay (0-5 at Roland Garros).

I understand what you are saying but by bringing up statistics like that all the time only makes them hate nadal and his fans more you need to stop doing this

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 09:08 AM
I understand what you are saying but by bringing up statistics like that all the time only makes them hate nadal and his fans more you need to stop doing this

Just ignore him :) he just loves to rifle up people

namelessone
09-25-2012, 09:11 AM
That is a very negative way of looking at Nadal. He is a great tennis player and a tennis legend. Nadal does have matches were he plays dull and uninspired tennis, but so did Sampras. You make it seem like Sampras was a breath of fresh air every time he took the court. Serve and volley was not always "genius". It was sometimes pure crap.

I think it is kind of disappointing that Nadal believes, without any doubt, that the tennis he and his peers play is of higher quality (entertainment-wise) than the tennis players in the past played. Of course, Nadal is entitled to his own opinion.

Pete has nothing but high regards for Nadal's tennis. He even calls Nadal the "beast".

Dude, it's just his opinion, you can't force someone to be entertained by a particular brand of tennis. I'm sure that there are people that don't even watch clay events in spring because the points are too long, even in non-Nadal matches.

Sampras may have called Nadal a beast but did anyone ask him if he enjoys clay tennis or tennis where the rallies are prolonged(a.k.a the exact opposite of the tennis that Sampras played)? If he is being honest, somehow I doubt that he does, especially considering his record at the French.

kalyan4fedever
09-25-2012, 09:44 AM

0-5 hmm Fed needs to step up and increase his chances to defeat rafa at RG, makes me wonder how fed who has everything in his game has this lopsided stat.

6-1 6-3 6-0
09-25-2012, 09:45 AM

Just stating facts. Facts are what is important. Can't hate Nadal for what he has achieved.

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Just stating facts. Facts are what is important. Can't hate Nadal for what he has achieved.

Staying facts are fine but most of what you state is not required for example nadal is improved his mental against nole when beat him in RG (where he also achieved blah blah blah) the stuff in the parenthesis is what annoys people cause its stating the obvious we all know that so just state your point!

NDFM
09-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Staying facts are fine but most of what you state is not required for example nadal is improved his mental against nole when beat him in RG (where he also achieved blah blah blah) the stuff in the parenthesis is what annoys people cause its stating the obvious we all know that so just state your point!

This. That's what I was trying to say, he/she probably will not listen but I can see how a fan of another player can get so annoyed at this. I'm pretty sure he/she was banned like twice, it was probably because of the constant provisions of nadal's statistics

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 09:54 AM
This. That's what I was trying to say, he/she probably will not listen but I can see how a fan of another player can get so annoyed at this. I'm pretty sure he/she was banned like twice, it was probably because of the constant provisions of nadal's statistics

It just annoys people in general like Christi nadalagassi beastofmallorca are all nadal fans and they're pretty chill

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 09:55 AM

Even though he denies it most posters agree he used to be *********. And Nadal Slam King due to the similar characteristics of posting

namelessone
09-25-2012, 10:09 AM
It just annoys people in general like Christi nadalagassi beastofmallorca are all nadal fans and they're pretty chill

You and those who respond to the obvious nadal trolls feed them and keep them a issue on this site. That's why we have so many zilla accounts around here, too many people respond to their obvious flaming posts.

underground
09-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Trying to put aside the dominance Rosol showed in the 5th set? Don't think so. Anyway Rosol beat him fair and square. As the comms said correctly Nadal is the higher ranked and more experienced and there should be experienced for situations like that.

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 10:19 AM
You and those who respond to the obvious nadal trolls feed them and keep them a issue on this site. That's why we have so many zilla accounts around here, too many people respond to their obvious flaming posts.

Yes that's true I agree

dangalak
09-25-2012, 10:43 AM
He is right about the slow HC. The solution would be to make it fast so he can get rosoled more often. :)

NDFM
09-25-2012, 10:56 AM
He is right about the slow HC. The solution would be to make it fast so he can get rosoled more often. :)

Wow i didnt now nadal lost to rosol on a fast hard court, i wonder what surface they were playing on at wimbledon this year. I wouldn't call it getting rosoled as it took him 5 sets to get the win, really for a demolition job it should have taken 3 quick sets

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Wow i didnt now nadal lost to rosol on a fast hard court, i wonder what surface they were playing on at wimbledon this year. I wouldn't call it getting rosoled as it took him 5 sets to get the win, really for a demolition job it should have taken 3 quick sets

Rafa should tremendous mental strength to get the first otherwise would've been straights!! He saved a lot of set points

Smasher08
09-25-2012, 11:01 AM

You have to understand just how horrible the past four months have been for his trolling, and just how angry and bitter he is right now.

As *** and ********* he used to delight in trolling fed fans ad nauseum with every single H2H victory, and whip them into a tizzy with tendentious musings about Nadal's apparent invincibility.

These type of posts reached their pinnacle this past June when his beloved swept through the red clay season and won his 7th RG. At that point ***/1-3-0's predictions were about the beginning of some sort of ungodly 2-3 year winning streak in which Nadal would start sweeping every major and most MS 1000s. And since his hatred of Federer knows no bounds, ***/1-3-0 posted incessantly about Federer's twilight, irrelevancy, and imminent retirement. The lynchpin of his logic was that if Nadal beat Federer then Nadal was a better player than Federer, accomplishments be damned.

But the wheels sure fell off of that train in a hurry, no?

Imagine -- just imagine -- his horror at Nadal's humiliating bushwacking on the grass to the 100th ranked player in the world. That 5th set was indeed a joke since Rosol was letting bombs fly at will. Not even Federer at the worst moments of his decline ever went out in the second round of a major to a career journeyman who'd never before made it out of qualies.

And then the withdrawals from the Olympics, Toronto, Cincy, USO, and the reports about his beloved's poor knees.

But what really salted the wound is the re-emergence of Federer to win his 7th SW19 and reclaim the world #1 spot as he soundly defeated Djoker and Muzz. True, Fed didn't win gold or the USO, but he's still #1 and still playing.

So it's easy to see why ***/1-3-0 still feels compelled to try and troll post. He's been obsessed with it for quite some time now, and created new accounts to continue doing so after every previous banning. But his bitterness and anger have put him in such an awkward position since he knows -- just as well as the rest of us do -- that Nadal's career may be forever compromised from this point.

And what little that may be left of his beloved's career could very well be spent wallowing in the fragile shadow of the player that he was but mere months ago.

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 11:06 AM
You have to understand just how horrible the past four months have been for his trolling, and just how angry and bitter he is right now.

As *** and ********* he used to delight in trolling fed fans ad nauseum with every single H2H victory, and whip them into a tizzy with tendentious musings about Nadal's apparent invincibility.

These type of posts reached their pinnacle this past June when his beloved swept through the clay season and won his 7th RG. At that point ***/1-3-0's predictions were about the beginning of some sort of ungodly 2-3 year winning streak in which Nadal would start sweeping every major and most MS 1000s. And since his hatred of Federer knows no bounds, ***/1-3-0 posted incessantly anout Federer's twilight, irrelevancy, and imminent retirement. The lynchpin of his logic was that if Nadal beat Federer then Nadal was a better player than Federer, accomplishments be damned.

But the wheels sure fell off of that train in a hurry, no?

Imagine -- just imagine -- his horror at Nadal's humiliating bushwacking on the grass to the 100th ranked player in the world. That 5th set was indeed a joke since Rosol was letting bombs fly at will. Not even Federer at the worst moments of his decline ever went out in the second round of a major to a career journeyman who'd never before made it out of qualies.

And then the withdrawals from the Olympics, Toronto, Cincy, USO, and the reports about his beloved's poor knees.

But what really salted the wound is the re-emergence of Federer to win his 7th SW19 and reclaim the world #1 spot as he soundly defeated Djoker and Muzz. True, Fed didn't win gold or the USO, but he's still #1 and still playing.

So it's easy to see why ***/1-3-0 still feels compelled to try and troll post. He's been obsessed with it for quite some time now, and created new accounts to continue doing so after every previous banning. But his bitterness and anger have put him in such an awkward position since he knows -- just as well as the rest of us do -- that Nadal's career may be forever compromised from this point.

And what little that may be left of his beloved's career could very well be spent wallowing in the fragile shadow of the player that he was but mere months ago.
This made my day!!!!!! :D

Povl Carstensen
09-25-2012, 11:19 AM
I dont remember anyone saying clay is not tennis.

mistik
09-25-2012, 12:55 PM

You are indeed dangalak. You choose a perfect nickname for yourself.:)

PrinceMoron
09-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Nadal exerts 5Gs on his knees over and over, just can't be done long term. Was measured on a force plate so he knows the facts.

smoledman
09-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Cleary Nadal is not a "real tennis player" either.

Tony48
09-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Real football/basketball is played in the street, Rafa :)

smoledman
09-25-2012, 01:05 PM
What Nadal is really upset about is that Rosol didn't crumble in the 5th set like he was supposed to.

Clarky21
09-25-2012, 01:11 PM
What Nadal is really upset about is that Rosol didn't crumble in the 5th set like he was supposed to.

Just like Berdych didn't crumble in the 4th set at the USO like he was supposed to.

mistik
09-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Just like Berdych didn't crumble in the 4th set at the USO like he was supposed to.

With all the respect do you seriously put Berdech same league player with Rosol? Berdeych top 10 player has beaten Fed before in a major.Rosol is NOBODY.

Tony48
09-25-2012, 01:33 PM

I don't like Fed, but let me put it this way: had Falla beaten Fed at Wimbledon a few years back, his performance would not have been remembered as much as Rosol's....if at all.

Carsomyr
09-25-2012, 01:39 PM
I don't like Fed, but let me put it this way: had Falla beaten Fed at Wimbledon a few years back, his performance would not have been remembered as much as Rosol's....if at all.

I don't know about that. Fed was the #1 seed and defending champion, with 6 Wimbledon titles, and this was a first-round match.

Clarky21
09-25-2012, 01:49 PM
With all the respect do you seriously put Berdech same league player with Rosol? Berdeych top 10 player has beaten Fed before in a major.Rosol is NOBODY.

You don't get it. I was referring to how Berdych is labelled a mental midget who crumbles at the drop of a hat by the geniuses around here. They always talk about how he can't win the big matches. The fury really got bad toward him when he didn't beat Nadal at the AO this year,and when he lost to Nadal at Rome this year. This forum has a search function;use it and see for yourself.

The Dark Knight
09-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Long story .....but I met Agi Szavay and her coach Gabor Koves. ( Agi is out with a back injury and will probably retire).....

But anyway her coach says he talked to Nadals people and he is so injured that he is not even working out.

Nadal may be done.

Viper
09-25-2012, 02:34 PM
That isn't the first time he's said something like this. I remember a few months ago him saying that the courts should adapt to him, rather then him adapting to the courts.

Nadal is a clown and a whiner.

Clarky21
09-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Long story .....but I met Agi Szavay and her coach Gabor Koves. ( Agi is out with a back injury and will probably retire).....

But anyway her coach says he talked to Nadals people and he is so injured that he is not even working out.

Nadal may be done.

Yeah,and my friend's cousin's cousin said that her friend's brother heard from his co-worker's 3rd cousin that Nadal isn't working out because he is so injured. :roll:

He actually has been working out,and has posted it all over Facebook,and has said so in interviews. I think I will choose to believe him over your supposed source.

Zarfot Z
09-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Yep. Only clay is a legitimate surface to play tennis on, as far as Rafael Nadal is concerned.

Tony48
09-25-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't know about that. Fed was the #1 seed and defending champion, with 6 Wimbledon titles, and this was a first-round match.

I'm talking about the literal performance of Falla vs. Rosol. Sure Falla would have caused one of the greatest upsets in history, but their respective level of play differed immensely.

That day, many considered Rosol as untouchable. Had Falla not choked, I'm not so sure the same would have been said.

Avles
09-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Note that the indoor thing is in italics in the original-- it's an editorial interpretation, and IMO a stupid one. If Nadal actually specified the indoor thing why not provide his words?

Seems much more likely that Nadal was referring to his level of play that day.

The Dark Knight
09-25-2012, 03:28 PM
Yeah,and my friend's cousin's cousin said that her friend's brother heard from his co-worker's 3rd cousin that Nadal isn't working out because he is so injured. :roll:

He actually has been working out,and has posted it all over Facebook,and has said so in interviews. I think I will choose to believe him over your supposed source.

Actually he heard it from correjta.

Semi-Pro
09-25-2012, 03:28 PM

Nadal may be done.

go away...

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 03:51 PM

Nadal may be done.

Really??? My mom's third cousin who is twice removed's daughter's friend's 2 cousin 3 times removed best friends brother's aunt's father-inlaw's brother's nephew's second cousin's dogs best friend's owner overheard nadal will be taking up golf for sure

Sid_Vicious
09-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Dude, it's just his opinion, you can't force someone to be entertained by a particular brand of tennis. I'm sure that there are people that don't even watch clay events in spring because the points are too long, even in non-Nadal matches.

Sampras may have called Nadal a beast but did anyone ask him if he enjoys clay tennis or tennis where the rallies are prolonged(a.k.a the exact opposite of the tennis that Sampras played)? If he is being honest, somehow I doubt that he does, especially considering his record at the French.

Yeah, you are right. I am not saying that Rafa needs to be taken out back to be shot.

Nadal has the right to have strong opinions about tennis. There are weekend hackers on this forum who assert that players they hate won in weak eras or are serving silent bans when they are out on injuries. However, players are slated for giving their opinions often.

Trust me, dude. I am not upset about it.:)

The Dark Knight
09-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Really??? My mom's third cousin who is twice removed's daughter's friend's 2 cousin 3 times removed best friends brother's aunt's father-inlaw's brother's nephew's second cousin's dogs best friend's owner overheard nadal will be taking up golf for sure

Hey believe what you want. It's your choice.

I'm just telling you what I heard.

Do you think I give a sheet if you believe it or not?

Relax dude.

kishnabe
09-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Nadal speaking garbage since he is out of the game. Let wait for him to come back...to speak in a sane manner.

Happened to Serena when she was away for a while. Nadal maybe misses the courts....that why he sounds butthurt.

PSNELKE
09-25-2012, 04:23 PM

AW cmon brah, who can blame him?
I mean 99% of the Americans don't know what handball is.

sdont
09-25-2012, 04:27 PM
AW cmon brah, who can blame him?
I mean 99% of the Americans don't know what handball is.

Spain have a decent team IIRC.

And Nadal isn't American.

Anyway, what about badminton? Futsal?

TTMR
09-25-2012, 04:42 PM
I dont remember anyone saying clay is not tennis.

There are several Federer fans here who claim, at least, that they do not watch clay court tennis because it is "too boring" (ie. Nadal wins too much). Look up: monfed, WhiskeyEE, drakulie, Lmskenpo. I'm sure there are more.

There are also numerous people here who claimed that they were not even going to watch the US Open final between Murray and Djokovic, as they did not want to see a "push-fest" (ie. Federer wasn't in it).

However, I can only imagine the metaphorical effigies of members that would be burned if someone mentioned they ignored hard court/grass tennis between 2004-2007 because a certain player monopolized the game with virtually no credible challenge.

ctoth666
09-25-2012, 04:47 PM
I'm not sticking my neck out for the guy nor am I defending him, but he's not wrong about hard-courts being an unforgiving surface that is rougher on the body. That being said, I disagree with his opinion on indoor tennis. And he has an awful lot of excuses. That humble arrogance of his...

RAFA2005RG
09-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Strange comment indeed. It doesn't make sense to me.

Did Nadal explicitly talk about indoor conditions? How do the journalist know he was talking about the conditions?

And in the case Nadal wasn't talking about that, what did he mean exactly?

Nadal is talking about this thing called "tennis". You know tennis? The outdoor sport, played in summer? T-E-N-N-I-S.

stringertom
09-25-2012, 04:55 PM

Which of those two do you recommend Cinci to switch to in order to remain "The Real Slam"???

pame
09-25-2012, 05:01 PM
He clearly means his injury problems not indoor thing.The guy who made interview is just stupid.I am also one of the last person to defend Rafa nowadays but ı dont think he means indoors.

so mistik, who was not within a million miles of the interview, knows more (even clearly so) than the interviewer who was actually at the interview - yeh riiight

Antonio Puente
09-25-2012, 05:03 PM

Nadal may be done.

Weren't you at the top of the list of those claiming he was faking it?

A month or so ago he was faking it. Now, he's finished.

Timbo's hopeless slice
09-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Nadal is talking about this thing called "tennis". You know tennis? The outdoor sport, played in summer? T-E-N-N-I-S.

you mean Lawn Tennis?

idiot

dangalak
09-25-2012, 05:15 PM
There are several Federer fans here who claim, at least, that they do not watch clay court tennis because it is "too boring" (ie. Nadal wins too much). Look up: monfed, WhiskeyEE, drakulie, Lmskenpo. I'm sure there are more.

There are also numerous people here who claimed that they were not even going to watch the US Open final between Murray and Djokovic, as they did not want to see a "push-fest" (ie. Federer wasn't in it).

However, I can only imagine the metaphorical effigies of members that would be burned if someone mentioned they ignored hard court/grass tennis between 2004-2007 because a certain player monopolized the game with virtually no credible challenge.

Maybe there was no credible challenge because Federer was that good.

Also, even with Federer winning everything, it is enjoyable to watch as he plays a beautiful brand of tennis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbFbuF8ReeI

I imagine this is your idea of hell. :)

Btw, people saying that they weren't going to watch a final between Djok and Murray were on to something weren't they. :rolleyes:

I also enjoy your ability to use the good old "some people among my enemies said X, therefore all of them say it".

The Dark Knight
09-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Weren't you at the top of the list of those claiming he was faking it?

A month or so ago he was faking it. Now, he's finished.

Nope.....Nadal is actually my favorite player.

He is the goat.....when he is healthy he is unbeatable.

The Dark Knight
09-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Did u guys see this:

Rafael Nadal said in an interview published on Tuesday that he has not picked up a racquet since limping out of Wimbledon nearly three months ago and will only return to competition once he is fully fit.
``I'm not in any state to go on court at the moment. I haven't touched a racket but I am working hard every day,'' he was quoted as saying in an interview with four European newspapers, including French sports daily L'Equipe.
Nadal has been on the sidelines since his shock second-round exit at Wimbledon to unheralded Czech player Lukas Rosol in late June and has been receiving treatment for a torn tendon in his left knee.
The 26-year-old, whose injury has seen him miss the London Olympics, the Masters series events at Toronto and Cincinnati as well as the US Open, said he has been swimming every day to keep in shape and is also working out in the gym.
On September 5, Spanish tennis federation doctor Angel Ruiz-Cotorro ruled out surgery, raising hopes that he could make a return for Spain's Davis Cup final against the Czech Republic in November.
But Nadal appeared to pour cold water on a swift return when asked about when he would be next seen on court, telling reporters: ``I don't know.
``The situation is very clear in my mind. I first need to look after myself completely and be back to full fitness before deciding when and where to play again. I'll only come back when I'm 100 per cent.
``I don't want to go back on court again with permanent doubts on my fitness.''
Nadal, the former world No.1, has had repeated injury lay-offs in recent years because of knee trouble, which take much of the strain from his highly physical style of play.
The player said he was approaching his recovery calmly but admitted there had been ``difficult moments'', in particular missing the Olympics and the honour of carrying Spain's flag at the opening ceremony.
``I was very, very down for a couple of weeks. To miss a grand slam is hard but it doesn't come about every four years. I hope with all my heart to be at the Rio Games (in 2016). That's one of my goals,'' he added.

90's Clay
09-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Aye... Lucky you weren't born 18-20 years earlier Rafa.. He would have quit after one two years on the tour..With lightning fast grass, deco and carpet

TheCanadian
09-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Some might remember what Verdasco said after his loss to Raonic: playing indoors on hard courts wasn't real tennis for him.

TTMR
09-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Maybe there was no credible challenge because Federer was that good.

Maybe there is no credible challenge to Nadal on clay because Nadal is that good on clay.

Also, even with Federer winning everything, it is enjoyable to watch as he plays a beautiful brand of tennis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbFbuF8ReeI

I imagine this is your idea of hell. :)

Apparently you can't see the position I was criticizing: Federer fans refusing to watch clay court tennis because Nadal dominates it, while simultaneously pleasuring themselves to highlights of Federer dominating.

Monopoly over a sport is never interesting, I'm sorry. A sport needs some degree of unpredictability to thrive. Rivalry is good for the game, upsets are good for the game, underdog moments are good for the game. To give an example, Rosol defeating Nadal, in the manner he did, was good for the game. Monotonous inevitability and fatalism, on the other hand, are not.

Btw, people saying that they weren't going to watch a final between Djok and Murray were on to something weren't they. :rolleyes:

People that would rather watch Federer vs. Hewitt USO 2004 where the outcome was essentially predetermined and the result obviously unsurprising over Djokovic vs. Murray USO 2012 where the finalists were practically even betray their true nature as gloryhunters and groupies as opposed to tennis fans. Sure, for a five set match marred by wind, it was not particularly dramatic, but one would not have known that beforehand. Meanwhile, people knew who was going to win at the US Open in 2004, despite Hewitt's surge of form.

I also enjoy your ability to use the good old "some people among my enemies said X, therefore all of them say it".

I didn't do that. I simply pointed out, to a Federer fan questioning the issue, that for every Nadal or Verdasco or fan thereof saying indoor/acefest tennis is 'not real tennis' and is not worth watching, there is at least one or more Federer or Sampras fan saying clay court tennis is 'not real tennis' and not worth watching.

The Dark Knight
09-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Aye... Lucky you weren't born 18-20 years earlier Rafa.. He would have quit after one two years on the tour..With lightning fast grass, deco and carpet

Most boring tennis of all time....ace , ace, ace ace, .....thank the lord that's over.

Paul Murphy
09-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Most boring tennis of all time....ace , ace, ace ace, .....thank the lord that's over.

Agreed. Wimbledon in the 90s was at times deathly dull - hardly a rally to be seen.
Unfortunately they've gone too far in slowing down the courts.
The game needs variety.

dangalak
09-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Maybe there is no credible challenge to Nadal on clay because Nadal is that good on clay.

Sounds about right. :)

Apparently you can't see the position I was criticizing: Federer fans refusing to watch clay court tennis because Nadal dominates it, while simultaneously pleasuring themselves to highlights of Federer dominating.

That's the problem: you can't prove that a majority of federer fanboys do that. Your anecdotal evidence doesn't suffice.

Also, one could argue that Federer dominating is more fun to watch. :)

People that would rather watch Federer vs. Hewitt USO 2004 where the outcome was essentially predetermined and the result obviously unsurprising over Djokovic vs. Murray USO 2012 where the finalists were practically even betray their true nature as gloryhunters and groupies as opposed to tennis fans. Sure, for a five set match marred by wind, it was not particularly dramatic, but one would not have known that beforehand. Meanwhile, people knew who was going to win at the US Open in 2004, despite Hewitt's surge of form.

You seem to not care about quality of tennis at all.

Roddick was going to lose to Federer in USO QF 07, but the match was still a classic even if it was in straights.

Federer's beatdown over Hewitt was a result of his quality, not because of Hewitt bending over. That's what makes it a nice watch.

Did you know that I used to hate (or at least root against) Federer? I was annoyed that a guy could dominate a sport that easily. I watched his win over Haas in the AO 06. His shotmaking didn't make me a fan.

What made me a fan was the summer of 08. He got embarrassed by Nadal in the FO final, to a degree which even I back then found too much. I thought that he should crush Nadal in Wimbledon to get back to him. And apparently he was game, as he managed to reach the final without dropping a set. But then he was 2 sets to 0 down. I couldn't believe it. But then I saw him showing more ball and more heart then I thought he had. Totally gutted.

That experience made me a fan of him, not my "glory hunting" :)

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Hey believe what you want. It's your choice.

I'm just telling you what I heard.

Do you think I give a sheet if you believe it or not?

Relax dude.

nah bro i was kidding didnt mean to offend you :)

The Dark Knight
09-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Agreed. Wimbledon in the 90s was at times deathly dull - hardly a rally to be seen.
Unfortunately they've gone too far in slowing down the courts.
The game needs variety.

I was pretty happy with Fedal.....most exciting tennis I have every seen in my life. Nothing compares.

And talk about variety? Federer with the most classic strokes and attire ever compared to Nadal and his insane strokes and knee high shorts.

Never has been better than that in my opinion.

Now it's starting to slow down again . I miss Fedal. :-(

Sentinel
09-25-2012, 09:44 PM

I am told a lot of Fed fans here stopped staying up late to watch his matches or skipping work during that period. They'd just wake up the next morning and check the score.

When i joined in 2008, folks were rooting for the other player. It's only when he started losing in 2008, that people began taking interest in his matches again. At least, that's what I was told when I joined.

dangalak
09-25-2012, 09:54 PM
I was pretty happy with Fedal.....most exciting tennis I have every seen in my life. Nothing compares.

And talk about variety? Federer with the most classic strokes and attire ever compared to Nadal and his insane strokes and knee high shorts.

Never has been better than that in my opinion.

Now it's starting to slow down again . I miss Fedal. :-(

You love Nadal hitting to Federer's BH until he shanks? :lol:

Also, baseliner vs baseliner vs baseliner.

Watch Agassi vs Sampras or Edberg vs Courier for some awesome rivalries.

PrinceMoron
09-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Can't argue with that.

merlinpinpin
09-25-2012, 10:41 PM
I didn't do that. I simply pointed out, to a Federer fan questioning the issue, that for every Nadal or Verdasco or fan thereof saying indoor/acefest tennis is 'not real tennis' and is not worth watching, there is at least one or more Federer or Sampras fan saying clay court tennis is 'not real tennis' and not worth watching.

You're actually jumping to conclusions, here. Saying that you don't like one kind of tennis (whatever it is) is totally different from stating "this isn't real tennis". For example, I generally consider it a waste of time to watch two Spaniards going at it on clay, just like I hated the serve-fests of the 90's and you would never have caught me watching a Sampras-Ivanisevic match at Wimbledon (I'm more into *variety* of play, a thing that we get less and less in these days of "clone wars"). But both clearly *are* tennis, they just happen not to be my cup of tea. Just like when I don't like a movie, I just don't watch it--I won't go out of my way to create threads saying that "this is not a real movie", and essentially denigrate it (which is what Nadal comes across as doing in this interview, language excuse and all).

So, yeah, arguing that so-and-so's kind of play is not real tennis and should be banned or forever asterisked is very different from just saying "I don't like to watch him play".

Sentinel
09-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Why does Nads play WTF if it isn't real tennis ?

Chillaxer
09-26-2012, 03:23 AM

So they are not harder on the knees then? Clay and grass could not be considered more distinct, iconic surfaces?

Sartorius
09-26-2012, 04:16 AM
So they are not harder on the knees then? Clay and grass could not be considered more distinct, iconic surfaces?

Of course hard courts are harder on the knees (I love how you chose to say knees and not "the body"), and there should be more clay/grass courts, grass especially.

But he implies that playing on hard courts is "wrong", and he talks about basketball... Reminds me of him showing golf as an example to the 2-year ranking idea. It's just absurd.

And again from the way he talks about it (not for the first time), you would think players on the tour are dropping like flies. He has to take a step back and look at the decisions he makes, about scheduling mostly.

Oh and of course, we won't ever hear about how the slow conditions throughout the year makes for grinding matches and how they are negative on the body. Now that I say is "wrong".

sdont
09-26-2012, 04:53 AM

Never heard of it.

The Dark Knight
09-26-2012, 05:35 AM
You love Nadal hitting to Federer's BH until he shanks? :lol:

Also, baseliner vs baseliner vs baseliner.

Watch Agassi vs Sampras or Edberg vs Courier for some awesome rivalries.

Great rivalries for sure but don't compare to Fedal .

Plus Fedal was on every surface ......

I think the two Wimbledon finals ( 2007 & 2008. ) were the two most exciting matches of all time.

I would have to give Borg McEnroe the number 3 spot......but those two Fedal matches were by far the most exciting tennis I have ever seen in my life.

The drama, the points , the clash of styles......you had it all.

JSummers
09-26-2012, 05:47 AM
While we are at it, just throw another reason this comment was made...
Howabout "Withdrawal Symtoms"

BHud
09-26-2012, 05:50 AM
Nads is a pzzzy. He needs to man-up and stop whining about court surfaces. He's damn lucky carpet is gone and all the hardcourts/grass have been slowed down. I'm just sick of his complaining...losing respect quickly for the man...

The Dark Knight
09-26-2012, 05:52 AM
Nads is a pzzzy. He needs to man-up and stop whining about court surfaces. He's damn lucky carpet is gone and all the hardcourts/grass have been slowed down. I'm just sick of his complaining...losing respect quickly for the man...

Personally I wish all tennis were indoors.

I hate dealing with the elements. Such a pain in the neck.

RF20Lennon
09-26-2012, 06:48 AM
Personally I wish all tennis were indoors.

I hate dealing with the elements. Such a pain in the neck.

I agree! But you need variety

MSK
09-26-2012, 06:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jOiHYwN8Tk&feature=youtu.be

vive le beau jeu !
09-26-2012, 07:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jOiHYwN8Tk&feature=youtu.be
too easy: he already knew what bluffing means... more than any other player !
they'll probably go more into details in the next lesson, entitled "playing possum on the felt".

http://i45.tinypic.com/ehenhh.jpg

rommil
09-26-2012, 07:33 AM
they'll probably go more into details in the next lesson, entitled "playing possum on the felt".

LOL always funny..........the possum not wearing a banana bandana though:)

RF20Lennon
09-26-2012, 07:36 AM

LOL!! Hilarious!!

Limpinhitter
09-26-2012, 07:37 AM

Whole heartedly agree! But, the substrate of the grass should be firm like it is at Wimbledon. Not the soft, spongy stuff with no bounce that they have at many grass venues like Forest Hills.

RF20Lennon
09-26-2012, 07:39 AM
Whole heartedly agree! But, the substrate of the grass should be firm like it is at Wimbledon. Not the soft, spongy stuff with no bounce that they have at many grass venues like Forest Hills.

Hard courts are more economical though

Sri
09-26-2012, 08:08 AM
Rafa has no clue what real tennis is --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_tennis

The Dark Knight
09-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Rafa has no clue what real tennis is --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_tennis

Omg....that was funny.

PrinceMoron
09-26-2012, 11:43 AM
I play somewhere there is a real tennis court, trouble is it is between the toilets and the tennis courts.

I have absolutely no idea if a point is in play and end up waiting ages. If you walk past the court when they are playing it is a big no no.

Crisstti
09-30-2012, 08:49 AM
I never said anything about "better" or "worse", that was your take on it. I just said that he *had* stated that the 90's weren't real tennis, in answer to a previous post.

No, he never said such a thing. I don't care how many links you post to badly translated quotes.

I can't believe no one else has pointed out that it was just a bad translation. :-? Way to spread misinformation.

I'm talking about the literal performance of Falla vs. Rosol. Sure Falla would have caused one of the greatest upsets in history, but their respective level of play differed immensely.

That day, many considered Rosol as untouchable. Had Falla not choked, I'm not so sure the same would have been said.

He was not untouchable. In the first set, maybe.
He only won, what, 3 points more than Nadal in the whole match?. Untouchable?.

dominikk1985
09-30-2012, 08:55 AM
the hardcourts are indeed ruining the body. many great hardcourters have ruined bodies (agassi for example).

but just going clay and grass is not the solution either (although I would like the grass season to be at least 6 weeks long with a masters). they need to develope softer and more joint and bone friendly hardcourts which should be possible with modern technology.

rafan
10-01-2012, 01:40 AM
A squash court has a wooden surface, the US Open is hard court. The US Open court is a lot larger and has a net in the middle of the court. There also lines on the tennis court, the squash court doesn't have any lines on the floor. The tennis court is open on the sides. The squash court is surrounded by walls and a glass wall on one side. If you think about it, there are very few similarities between the US Open court and a squash court.

I am quite aware of what a squash court looks like but the point I am making is that the tennis court surface I refer to in USA does not resemble any of the real hard courts I have played on in any way. In fact the first hard court I played on had a sort of gravel surface on the top so that is was possible to to slide into a shot. All I can hear on the USA courts is a continual squeak and the players are locked into a position and heaven help them if they do the splits which cannot
be good. I wonder how many of the long term injuries can be attributed to such a surface

rafan
10-02-2012, 08:43 AM
the hardcourts are indeed ruining the body. many great hardcourters have ruined bodies (agassi for example).

but just going clay and grass is not the solution either (although I would like the grass season to be at least 6 weeks long with a masters). they need to develope softer and more joint and bone friendly hardcourts which should be possible with modern technology.

Interesting that Borg never had much to do with so called hard courts. I wonder if that wise Swede knew more than his opponents

RF20Lennon
10-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Interesting that Borg never had much to do with so called hard courts. I wonder if that wise Swede knew more than his opponents

Wait what????

TennisCJC
10-03-2012, 08:52 AM
The only good courts are clay and grass, no?

And, the clay court must be red clay because the blue clay court is not good court, no?

And, the grass court must be the slow grass with the high bounce, no?

And, my water bottles must be aligned at a 47 degree angle to the sideline of the grass and red clay court, no?

And, my socks must be pulled up just enough, no?

And, my underwear must be adjusted very carefully to be just the right fit in order to optimize my game on the grass and red clay court, no?

And, then I am ready to play tennis, no?

Geez, is this guy for real, no?

RF20Lennon
10-03-2012, 09:00 AM

And, the clay court must be red clay because the blue clay court is not good court, no?

And, my water bottles must be aligned at a 47 degree angle to the sideline of the grass and red clay court, no?

And, my underwear must be adjusted very carefully to be just the right fit in order to optimize my game on the grass and red clay court, no?

Lol, no???????

Rjtennis
10-03-2012, 07:21 PM

Funny, he does have some crazy ideas and rituals. Why does he say all this stuff? All it does is hurt his reputation. The worlds not going to change it's ways for Rafeal Nadal.

Mustard
10-03-2012, 07:27 PM

There needs to be more clay, more grass, more carpet and much less hardcourt.

Polvorin
10-04-2012, 04:20 AM

Or the guy could stop grinding and moonballing, and instead choose to attack once in a while. Strange how he is the only guy at the top of the game with this problem.

Perhaps the problem isn't the game, but rather the way he plays it.

Polvorin
10-04-2012, 04:22 AM

I don't suppose the McDonald's binges and meth might be a factor there? Pete seems to be doing just fine despite the "body ruining" hard courts.

Federer seems to be doing just fine too, despite being 31, playing so much hardcourt tennis and winning many titles during the era when Master's 1000 finals were best of 5 sets...

NDFM
10-04-2012, 04:24 AM
I don't suppose the McDonald's binges and meth might be a factor there? Pete seems to be doing just fine despite the "ruining" hard courts.

this made me laugh

Lefty78
10-04-2012, 09:31 AM

But hardcourt is the surface of the proletariat

Crisstti
10-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Or the guy could stop grinding and moonballing, and instead choose to attack once in a while. Strange how he is the only guy at the top of the game with this problem.

There have obviously been plenty of players with lots of injury problems...

tennissportsrog
10-15-2012, 01:35 AM
again... Nadal says always selfish and ego.

A push of ego two-year ranking. Boycott threat. resigns from an ATP players' association suddenly. requests "Increase clay." etc.

I wish, This selfish arrogant moron to retire soon.

Seriously.

Lovely_Bone
10-15-2012, 09:07 AM
You guys are crazy if you thing he actually said that... Nadal OWNS and indoor tennis court. In fact, Nadal almost always practices on his indoor court during the hard court season.

RF20Lennon
10-15-2012, 09:12 AM

Carpet and hard are ver similar though

Steve0904
10-15-2012, 09:45 AM
You guys are crazy if you thing he actually said that... Nadal OWNS and indoor tennis court. In fact, Nadal almost always practices on his indoor court during the hard court season.

Well he's not that great on it if he does in fact own an indoor court.

tennissportsrog
10-20-2012, 12:35 AM
nadal's usual thing

TTMR
10-24-2012, 03:25 AM

Three cheers for originality!

Candide
10-24-2012, 03:27 AM
He's the Yoda of tennis. Easier are the hard courts not better. Matches what I don't win isn't real tennis, no? Oh ho ho ho. No.

SLD76
10-24-2012, 05:38 AM

really clarky? really?

God, I havent been on the boards for ages and now I remember why.
How old are you, 13?

SLD76
10-24-2012, 05:40 AM
I don't suppose the McDonald's binges and meth might be a factor there? Pete seems to be doing just fine despite the "body ruining" hard courts.

Federer seems to be doing just fine too, despite being 31, playing so much hardcourt tennis and winning many titles during the era when Master's 1000 finals were best of 5 sets...

it may be because they didnt camp out 20ft behind the baseline and actively seek to play 20 stroke rallies on a HC.

joeri888
10-24-2012, 05:49 AM
Well, when i watch Nadal, i get the same feeling Nadal has with indoor tennis apparently. Shame on both of us.

RF20Lennon
10-24-2012, 06:53 AM
I get the feeling there might have been a translation error

smoledman
11-04-2012, 08:20 PM

Strange that Nadal is the only guy at the top of the game that has no problem racking up important clay titles. I wonder why?

rafafan20
11-04-2012, 08:23 PM
one word for this threat: haters

firepanda
11-04-2012, 09:16 PM
He got pulverized in the 5th set. It's only natural for him to be bitter about it.

He hasn't played a real match since Rosol, so I bet he's been stewing over it for months now.

I personally can't recall a time when Nadal was bludgeoned that badly ever.

Even Federer bagelling Nadal in last year's WTF didn't feel so punishing.

I don't blame him. He got absolutely thrashed towards the end and he's allowed to be upset. I agree about too much tennis being played on the hard courts. What other sport is played on concrete? Paintball?

RAFA2005RG
11-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Nadal is one of the few players in history to beat Djokovic and Murray in an indoor event (2010 World Tour Finals). He also took a set off Federer in that event.

joeri888
11-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Nadal is one of the few players in history to beat Djokovic and Murray in an indoor event (2010 World Tour Finals). He also took a set off Federer in that event.

So? Federer was already done back then right, since winning max. 1 slam in a year means youre done. See your other post in other thread today.

Nadal is a very good indoor player, and should never ever make the kind of stupid remark, this thread says he made.

So you have three options:
1) Indoor tennis is not real tennis
2) Nadal didn't say that
3) Nadal made a moronic comment

Which one is it?

Romismak
11-05-2012, 02:39 AM
Actually i think outdoor tennis is not real tennis - with wind like USO or playing in very hot temperature, it is more about who is more fitter will survive - yes adapting to conditions is part of tennis, but i like much more indoor tennis, wich clean conditions, where players with weapons and talented players are benefiting.

Rafa is one of very few players - actually can´t think now of anybody else in top that benefits from outdoor conditions, while is weaker indoors- while most other players are better indoors - with their serve working better, hitting cleaner means can play more agressive and so on

Rafa plays with topspin that allows him to play well in outdoor windy conditions, he is extremely fit and physically superior to most of the tour so can ,,outbattle,, them in heat-hot weather

+ his insande deffense is bettet outdoor with ,non-clean, conditions than indoors whan with no wind anybody has it easier to hit through him.

really can´t think of anybody else right now who benefits so much from outdoor elements in tennis like Rafa

If i give it in % than you have something like this

indoor tennis - 100% your potential you can play there

outdoor tennis - with wind, heat and other elements - many players must play safer, are more tired in heat and soon - can play maybe 60-70% of their potential, because are limited by outdoor conditions, but Rafa with his topspin + stamina can play maybe 90% of his tennis

zagor
11-05-2012, 02:45 AM
Strange that Nadal is the only guy at the top of the game that has no problem racking up important clay titles. I wonder why?

That comparison would be valid LOLville, if other players (especially other top players) accused CC tennis of not being "real tennis" but they instead keep their mouths shut and try to adapt to the surface as best as they can.

RAFA2005RG
11-05-2012, 02:46 AM
So? Federer was already done back then right, since winning max. 1 slam in a year means youre done. See your other post in other thread today.

Nadal is a very good indoor player, and should never ever make the kind of stupid remark, this thread says he made.

So you have three options:
1) Indoor tennis is not real tennis
2) Nadal didn't say that
3) Nadal made a moronic comment

Which one is it?

Federer is never DONE indoors. He won 3 straight indoor events to close 2011. Its like Nadal on clay. When Nadal is 31 he'll still be winning Roland Garros and the clay masters events. He'll hve over 30 masters shields by then, and more than 10 RG titles.

zagor
11-05-2012, 02:47 AM
I get the feeling there might have been a translation error

Of course, every interview/statement ever in which Nadal comes across as arrogant, excuse-maker or spoiled brat is the result of some translation error.

Tafmatch
11-05-2012, 03:07 AM
He never said indoor tennis isn't real tennis. He was only referring to the Rosol match and because of the translation from Spanish to French to English who knows what he meant to say?

Topic title is misleading.

Crisstti
11-05-2012, 03:33 AM
Of course, every interview/statement ever in which Nadal comes across as arrogant, excuse-maker or spoiled brat is the result of some translation error.

You did notice that this whole thing comes from a comment made by the writer of the article, not by Nadal, right?.

joeri888
11-05-2012, 03:38 AM
Federer is never DONE indoors. He won 3 straight indoor events to close 2011. Its like Nadal on clay. When Nadal is 31 he'll still be winning Roland Garros and the clay masters events. He'll hve over 30 masters shields by then, and more than 10 RG titles.

So, Federer is outdoordone than? Should have said that the first time.

And which of the three options above do you pick, NSK?

Avles
11-05-2012, 04:09 AM

Nadal didn't even make that "statement"-- it was an editorial interpolation. There's no actual evidence that Nadal was referring to the indoor venue.

sheesh

15_ounce
11-05-2012, 04:39 AM
Nadal: Indoor tennis is not real tennis

God: Real Tennis is played indoor.

http://www.jdrtc.co.uk/userimages/Court-inside-resized.jpg

rufus_smith
11-05-2012, 04:49 AM
Heh, let's not let the facts stand in the way of a fun 196 post TT thread.

zagor
11-05-2012, 04:55 AM
You did notice that this whole thing comes from a comment made by the writer of the article, not by Nadal, right?.

I don't speak/understand French so no, I didn't.

tennis_pro
11-05-2012, 04:57 AM

Wow, congratulations. Especially on the second part.

Clarky21
11-05-2012, 06:01 AM
I don't speak/understand French so no, I didn't.

Then you don't say anything if you don't know what's going on. You jumped first without having a clue. Keeping uninformed opinions to yourself can be a virtue,you know.

zagor
11-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Then you don't say anything if you don't know what's going on.

I'll say what I want to say (assuming it doesn't break forum rules obviously) when I want to say it.

You jumped first without having a clue.

Jumped? No, I made a general observation regarding the tendency around here for any Nadal's statement that portrays him differently than the saintly humble image his fans have of him to be dismissed as an error in translation or down to his poor English.

Keeping uninformed opinions to yourself can be a virtue,you know.

Practice what you preach.

Clarky21
11-05-2012, 06:31 AM
I'll say what I want to say (assuming it doesn't break forum rules obviously) when I want to say it.
Jumped? No, I made a general observation regarding the tendency around here for any Nadal's statement that portrays him differently than the saintly humble image his fans have of him to be dismissed as an error in translation or down to his poor English.

Practice what you preach.

Go ahead and make yourself look silly then. You opened your mouth without even knowing what was going on. Makes perfect sense when I think about who I am talking to,though.

zagor
11-05-2012, 06:36 AM
Go ahead and make yourself look silly then.

Glad I have your blessing to do so.

You opened your mouth without even knowing what was going on.

I responded to the title of the thread and the tendency Nadal fans have regarding his statements.

Makes perfect sense when I think about who I am talking to,though.

Now that hurt, why are you so mean Clarky?

Clarky21
11-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Glad I have your blessing to do so.

I responded to the title of the thread and the tendency Nadal fans have regarding his statements.

Now that hurt, why are you so mean Clarky?

Nah,I am not mean at all,dude. I am pretty chill in real life. :)

zagor
11-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Nah,I am not mean at all,dude. I am pretty chill in real life. :)

I'll take your word for it :).

OK, although it pains me very much to admit that I was wrong on the internet (as we all know internet is serious business), in this case I jumped the gun and was wrong ( I still don't know what exactly Nadal said here because as I said I don't understand French).

sbengte
11-05-2012, 07:50 AM

Way to embarrass the true Nadal fans by saying that.
Wait for someone to point out now that even Davy and Delpo have beaten Fed at the WTF and Nadal got bagelled by a semi retired grandpa Fed last year :(

SQA333
11-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Actually i think outdoor tennis is not real tennis - with wind like USO or playing in very hot temperature, it is more about who is more fitter will survive - yes adapting to conditions is part of tennis, but i like much more indoor tennis, wich clean conditions, where players with weapons and talented players are benefiting.

Rafa is one of very few players - actually can´t think now of anybody else in top that benefits from outdoor conditions, while is weaker indoors- while most other players are better indoors - with their serve working better, hitting cleaner means can play more agressive and so on

Rafa plays with topspin that allows him to play well in outdoor windy conditions, he is extremely fit and physically superior to most of the tour so can ,,outbattle,, them in heat-hot weather

+ his insande deffense is bettet outdoor with ,non-clean, conditions than indoors whan with no wind anybody has it easier to hit through him.

really can´t think of anybody else right now who benefits so much from outdoor elements in tennis like Rafa

If i give it in % than you have something like this

indoor tennis - 100% your potential you can play there

outdoor tennis - with wind, heat and other elements - many players must play safer, are more tired in heat and soon - can play maybe 60-70% of their potential, because are limited by outdoor conditions, but Rafa with his topspin + stamina can play maybe 90% of his tennis
Great post.

Rafa thriving better in windy conditions outdoors while sucking indoors only proves the obvious: he relies mostly on UFEs. No secret. When someone's on fire, like Delpo, Rosol, Soderling or Davy, he's gone.

Steve0904
11-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Wait for someone to point out now that even Davy and Delpo have beaten Fed at the WTF and Nadal got bagelled by a semi retired grandpa Fed last year :(

I see what you did there. You took away everyones best response. ;)

Romismak
11-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Great post.

Rafa thriving better in windy conditions outdoors while sucking indoors only proves the obvious: he relies mostly on UFEs. No secret. When someone's on fire, like Delpo, Rosol, Soderling or Davy, he's gone.

Few years ago i would agree with you, but i think not so much lately- i mean 2012-11 not lately - he is out lately:D

But Rafa is more agressive than he was, he is capable of dominating with his FH in rallies and going for winners, also he can help himself with some service winners - but my point was indoor conditions - perfect conditions while outdoor condition - imperfect

Basically anybody talented or player with weapon - big FH, big serve - is better in perfect indoor conditions

That means opponents of Rafa are for example 50% better indoors than outdoors, while Rafa doesn´t benefits so much - he is better outdoors, because of my points - super stamina-physicallity - that means he can play in heat, humidity so on - when other guys are tired, he is ,,fresh,, and also vs wind he is better than 99% of the tour, because his FH topspin is super safe shot even with pace and dictating with it.

smoledman
11-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Fed fans are all butthurt because the Clay GOAT has done things that their hero couldn't.

* Olympic gold medal in singles
* first to hold slams on clay/grass/hard at the same time when he won 2009 AO.
* First to win FO/Wimby/USO in the same year since the US Open went permanently to hard courts.
* won 2 Channel slams
* undefeated in Davis Cup singles
* only man to ever win 8 consecutive of any event(Monaco)
* only man to ever win 2 winning streaks of at least 3 at a single slam(05-08 FO, 10-12 FO).

nikdom
11-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Fed fans are all butthurt because the Clay GOAT has done things that their hero couldn't.

* First to win FO/Wimby/USO in the same year since the US Open went permanently to hard courts.
* won 2 Channel slams
* only man to ever win 2 winning streaks of at least 3 at a single slam(05-08 FO, 10-12 FO).

Seriously, the only thing worthy in that list is the Olympic Gold. Everything else seems like trivia material.

smoledman
11-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Seriously, the only thing worthy in that list is the Olympic Gold. Everything else seems like trivia material.

The same could be said about all of Fed's GS final/semis/quarters streaks. Useless stats.

nikdom
11-05-2012, 12:12 PM
The same could be said about all of Fed's GS final/semis/quarters streaks. Useless stats.

Sure. You need to know just one number - 17. The day your boy can reach or exceed RF's GS total, come back and then all these other useless trivia will put him over Roger. Until then, its just that - trivia.

smoledman
11-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Sure. You need to know just one number - 17. The day your boy can reach or exceed RF's GS total, come back and then all these other useless trivia will put him over Roger. Until then, its just that - trivia.

Is that in millimeters?:)

nikdom
11-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Is that in millimeters?:)

No, your IQ has no units, its just a double digit number :)

Crisstti
11-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Well, I don't speak any French either, but one can see, from it being in brackets and in cursive, that it's meant to be a comment from the writer. Why he says that's what Nadal means, who knows, but the thing is there's no quote.

vive le beau jeu !
11-05-2012, 04:58 PM
not that it really matters, but... ever heard about that sampras guy ?

tennissportsrog
11-21-2012, 09:30 PM
indoor and fast surface is not really tennis for ******.

tlm
11-22-2012, 06:38 AM
Few years ago i would agree with you, but i think not so much lately- i mean 2012-11 not lately - he is out lately:D

But Rafa is more agressive than he was, he is capable of dominating with his FH in rallies and going for winners, also he can help himself with some service winners - but my point was indoor conditions - perfect conditions while outdoor condition - imperfect

Basically anybody talented or player with weapon - big FH, big serve - is better in perfect indoor conditions

That means opponents of Rafa are for example 50% better indoors than outdoors, while Rafa doesn´t benefits so much - he is better outdoors, because of my points - super stamina-physicallity - that means he can play in heat, humidity so on - when other guys are tired, he is ,,fresh,, and also vs wind he is better than 99% of the tour, because his FH topspin is super safe shot even with pace and dictating with it.

This post is true, indoor is better for servers and Rafa gains little advantage from these conditions compared to his opponents. I know from playing a lot indoors and a lot outdoor tennis that there is a big difference. Guys that give me trouble with big serves and quick attack tennis indoors are not nearly as effective once we go outside.

Tennis was meant to be played outdoors and I agree that indoors is artificial tennis.

merlinpinpin
11-22-2012, 08:40 AM

Ah, but no. It's really been the high point of his distinguished indoor career up till now--only time in four attempts that he took a set off Federer, so you can be sure that the true Rafa fan will forever cherish this. It's up there with his seven RG's and 8 consecutive MC's as the achievements the Vamos Brigade are the most proud of. :)

merlinpinpin
11-22-2012, 08:41 AM
not that it really matters, but... ever heard about that sampras guy ?

Ah, but that was on grass, no?

And I guess grasscourt tennis isn't real tennis, no?

Goosehead
11-22-2012, 09:04 AM

* won 2 Channel slams
* only man to ever win 2 winning streaks of at least 3 at a single slam(05-08 FO, 10-12 FO).as well getting wrong the number of players who have *2 winning streaks of at least 3 at a single slam.

you also got wrong rafa being *undefeated in Davis Cup singles, as he lost his debut davis cup singles match in 2004. :oops:

tennissportsrog
02-20-2013, 12:02 AM
And, Nadal is champ of indoor clay. lol.

Vrad
02-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Tennis was meant to be played outdoors and I agree that indoors is artificial tennis.

I was re-reading my Bible, Koran, Torah, Gita, and nowhere does it say that tennis was meant to be played outdoors. Are you sure about that?

Smh. It's a freaking man made sport with arbitrary man-made rules. It wasn't "meant" to do anything.

tlm
02-20-2013, 02:38 PM
I was re-reading my Bible, Koran, Torah, Gita, and nowhere does it say that tennis was meant to be played outdoors. Are you sure about that?

Smh. It's a freaking man made sport with arbitrary man-made rules. It wasn't "meant" to do anything.

Thats funny because in my bible it said that tennis was meant to be played outdoors.

sureshs
02-20-2013, 02:44 PM
No sport is meant to be played indoors. Sports satisfies the primal human need to be with Nature and behave like animals. It needs to be done outdoors.

90's Clay
02-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Is playing on clay, "normal?" Playing tennis indoors seems more normal to me then playing on clay. Grass, hard courts, carpet seem normal.

How often do you walk around and find grounds that are made of clay?

Timbo's hopeless slice
02-20-2013, 02:53 PM
ye, well, it is 'lawn tennis', technically, not 'red dirt tennis'..

Bartelby
02-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Tennis would be a provincial English sport like cricket if it were still only played on grass.

sureshs
02-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Tennis would be a provincial English sport like cricket if it were still only played on grass.

Cricket is not a provincial sport

tennisBIEST
02-20-2013, 04:37 PM
I mean shiiiiiii.....the hard courts even hard anymore?!?!? Decoturf, Plexicushion etc. I mean it ain't like the courts in my hood!! Rock solid con-freakin-crete!

Murrayfan31
02-20-2013, 04:53 PM
No sport is meant to be played indoors. Sports satisfies the primal human need to be with Nature and behave like animals. It needs to be done outdoors.
Basketball and Hockey don't seem to be that way.

Vrad
02-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Basketball and Hockey don't seem to be that way.

Even American football, since most US stadiums are domes now. Badminton, tennis, boxing, UFC, swimming...the list goes on.

The kind of nonsense some people are coming up with here to justify a statement which Nadal may not even have made (might just be a misinterpretation by the journalist) is hilarious.

Vrad
02-20-2013, 05:10 PM
ye, well, it is 'lawn tennis', technically, not 'red dirt tennis'..

This! Clay is the most unnatural surface in existence. At least hard courts can be justified because they represent a natural surface in urban areas. In fact, in cities, most sports are played on concrete.

Who the hell lives and plays on clay naturally?

Clarky21
02-20-2013, 05:12 PM
This! Clay is the most unnatural surface in existence. At least hard courts can be justified because they represent a natural surface in urban areas. In fact, in cities, most sports are played on concrete.

Who the hell lives and plays on clay naturally?

Clay is unnatural but hardcourts aren't? Are you for real?

Crisstti
02-20-2013, 07:13 PM

Lol, ridiculous, no?

swordtennis
02-20-2013, 07:18 PM

Bingo was his name oh.
Nadal is who he is a phenom on one hand not so much on the other.
You kinda knew the tolerance and spark would be harder and harder to maintain.
That style. Cmon haf the year it is a mysterious injury mystery short short balls less power stiff.
The other half phenom.
Just make it year half clay and half real grass court conditions. Might be kinda cool.

tlm
02-20-2013, 07:34 PM

I agree this is one of the dumbest posts of all time. Clay is not natural but concrete is, this is hilarious.

Timbo's hopeless slice
02-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Cricket is not a provincial sport

indeed..

this isn't strictly on topic, but I thought you and senti and co might enjoy it..

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/Hobbytim/CRICTENNIS_zpscbd98280.jpg

abmk
02-20-2013, 08:13 PM
^^

heh, ferrer & pakistan ? Pakistan team is synonymous with talent , quite a bit of it wasted, not with hardwork ...

tsonga to bangla ? nah. tsonga has defeated all of the top 4 in a slam - murray/djok/nadal @ the AO & fed at wimbledon.

SLD76
02-21-2013, 05:57 AM

dont confuse sport with your camping expeditions with your friends.

SLD76
02-21-2013, 05:59 AM
apparently the only real tennis is long rallies and longer matches and the only real surface is outdoors, with slow courts and high bounces.

got it.

Smasher08
02-21-2013, 06:17 AM
No sport is meant to be played indoors.

http://professionalathletehomes.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/michael_jordan-1166.jpg

cknobman
02-21-2013, 06:47 AM
If indoor tennis is not real tennis then why did Rafa enter and play an indoor tennis tournament?

I bet he thinks that title he just won is real.

Total whiny hypocrite. Yet another reason not to respect him.

Vrad
02-21-2013, 06:55 AM
Well, #1 as my posts make clear, I consider the concept of "natural" surfaces in manmade sports, with arbitrary manmade rules ridiculous to begin with.

My response was to sureshs comment that sports are naturally supposed to be played outdoors because of our need to get in touch with our primal side. An idea which I think is insane, but if we accept that logic, grass could be considered most natural, because humans originally lived in rural areas with grassy fields. However, the next step was urbanization which led to playing sports on concrete. E.g. Basketball in NYC, cricket in Mumbai, etc.

Nowhere does clay fit into this picture. (To repeat, I think the original premise itself is flawed, but if we play along with the ridiculous premise, one could easily argue that hard courts are a more natural outgrowth of human growth, than clay).

Tennis_Hands
02-21-2013, 06:56 AM
http://professionalathletehomes.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/michael_jordan-1166.jpg

That picture is epic on so many levels.

natalia
02-21-2013, 07:50 AM
Well, #1 as my posts make clear, I consider the concept of "natural" surfaces in manmade sports, with arbitrary manmade rules ridiculous to begin with.

My response was to sureshs comment that sports are naturally supposed to be played outdoors because of our need to get in touch with our primal side. An idea which I think is insane, but if we accept that logic, grass could be considered most natural, because humans originally lived in rural areas with grassy fields. However, the next step was urbanization which led to playing sports on concrete. E.g. Basketball in NYC, cricket in Mumbai, etc.

Nowhere does clay fit into this picture. (To repeat, I think the original premise itself is flawed, but if we play along with the ridiculous premise, one could easily argue that hard courts are a more natural outgrowth of human growth, than clay).Yep. Nope. Water is the most natural environment. Humans totally naturally depend of water. Therefore, no sport should be played off water. Ergo, tennis has to be played deep in the ocean. (pools are NOT natural!):evil:

Tropikal_Knights
02-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Actually Nadal is not natural..........or real...........hint hint

tennissportsrog
03-04-2013, 10:18 PM
hardcourt is not true tennis. no?

Jopspin
04-17-2013, 04:12 PM
I don't know why most of you are being so clever and sarcastic. Of course indoor tennis is not real tennis. I can name dozens of reasons why:
1. You are playing in an artificial environment built with artificial materials and breathing air from a ventilation system manufactured from you guessed it artificial materials. If you play at a club, you're probably greeted by a receptionist who gives you an artificial smile to top it all of.
2. Ok for real now... the ball barely bounces indoors and if it's not warm enough it will feel really weird. I can never get a good bounce indoors and it messes up my timing a lot.
3. Don't get me started about lighting. Our eyes are designed to see objects with natural light. With the bad lighting indoors and the nets around you, it really messes up my depth perception and affects my game a lot.
4. Noise is trapped indoors but gets dispersed outdoors.

I would play on any surface outdoors and enjoy it way more than indoors. And before you bash Rafa for simply stating the obvious, please show us a video of your 11 grand slams. I think I missed them.

Goosehead
04-17-2013, 04:29 PM
I bet if rafa/**** could play a major or WTF on the moon he'd be ok with that..eh ?..:twisted:

oh yes :neutral: that would be ok, that would be 'real tennis' imagine top spinners going 3 miles up in the air (almost anyway).."I hit to rogers backhand on this moon major and win, no ?"

imagine the large Quantitys of WIN in that lunar sector..(they thought the high bounce/spin routine at Roland Garros was difficult..

in the new Lunar major that Captain Vamos has suddenly decided is 'real tennis'..he will be able to line up all his bottles..his oxygen bottles, that is.

but please inform any spectators watching the Lunar major to be careful, as false boobs might burst in the strange lunar atmosphere...and any wigs the blokes have on might float off, if not properly fitted on. :neutral:

coloskier
04-18-2013, 12:22 AM

Tennis should only be played on 90's and before grass and no HC or clay.