PDA

View Full Version : Bodo on Rafa's Knees (again)

batz
09-25-2012, 09:53 AM
http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/09/long-journey-bad-pins/39556/#.UGHuKLKPXSg

He put the obvious qualifier in at the very end, but the general tone of the article was overly negative IMO.

6-1 6-3 6-0
09-25-2012, 09:56 AM
It doesn't matter what Bodo thinks, since he'll have to stop writing articles for a short period again when Nadal wins Australian Open 2013.

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 09:58 AM
It doesn't matter what Bodo thinks, since he'll have to stop writing articles for a short period again when Nadal wins Australian Open 2013.

Or you'll have to stop posting when he doesn't win:twisted:

batz
09-25-2012, 09:59 AM

He said today that he's not sure he'll play AO - might be better to lower your expectations on that one mate. Just playing would be a terrific outcome for a guy who is not yet able to practise.

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 10:01 AM
He said today that he's not sure he'll play AO -[B]might be better to lower your expectations on that one mate. Just playing would be a terrific outcome for a guy who is not yet able to practise.

No he'll just make another account much easier no?? :twisted:

tennis_pro
09-25-2012, 10:09 AM

He put the obvious qualifier in at the very end, but the general tone of the article was overly negative IMO.

Yes, that was exactly what I was looking for:)

Bodo for president.

beast of mallorca
09-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Yes, that was exactly what I was looking for:)

Bodo for president.

Only for vice president. Somebody here in TW is already gunning for the presidency.

kiki
09-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Rumours have it that in the next World Medicine Congress a group of international researchers will prove that there is a conexion between buttpicking and knees stress

cknobman
09-25-2012, 01:55 PM
I hate Bodo but he does make a point.

Its much easier to lose your "drive", find other interests, and forget about something when you are not actively doing it.

Nadal spending so much time away could in a way affect his love for the game.

kiki
09-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Nadalfans you can cool it off
I don' t know if he will play as he did a few years ago...but having seen Nadal aunt Muguel playing many years for Barcelona soccer team I can assure you thar Nadal butpicking IS NOt a Famuly?)

hoodjem
09-25-2012, 02:07 PM
I hate Bodo but he does make a point.

Its much easier to lose your "drive", find other interests, and forget about something when you are not actively doing it.

Nadal spending so much time away could in a way affect his love for the game.
"Ow, my knees hurt, doggone it . . . now where did I put that drive?

woodrow1029
09-25-2012, 02:15 PM

It is Bozo. Would you expect anything different from the moron? :-)

vernonbc
09-25-2012, 04:32 PM
It is Bozo. Would you expect anything different from the moron? :-)
Nope. Not when it comes to Rafa anyway. Or Kim Clijsters - Bodo is crass and ugly about her too.

Virginia
09-25-2012, 04:37 PM
He's not correct about Nadal being the best clay courter of all time - at least not as far as actual championships/achievements are concerned.

Nobody, but nobody, has as many clay court championships as Anthony Wilding. Google him, or just check the Former Pro Player Talk forum.

RAFA2005RG
09-25-2012, 05:05 PM
I posted a comment below bobo's blog, under the name RAFA2005RG-

"Hey Bobo , thanks for putting so much time into your anxiety-ridden "tennis" blog. See, Nadal fans know what's going on. You don't know, and that is why YOU are freaking out. I've noticed that since Hoffa's Syndrome arrived, the Nadal-haters have gone nuts, hanging on Nadal's every word lol. Don't worry Bobo, your boy Andy Murray will keep beating Federer/Djokovic. That may not be enough to win slams in 2013, but its better than nothing, right?"

woodrow1029
09-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Nope. Not when it comes to Rafa anyway. Or Kim Clijsters - Bodo is crass and ugly about her too.
Plus he's just dumb in general.

Federer20042006
09-25-2012, 05:24 PM
He's closing in on 27?

OK, this BS has to stop. He turned 26 in June. He's not even 4 months into being 26, and that's "closing in?"

I'm so sick of people aging athletes. "Duh, durr, he's only 11 months and 30 days away from being a year older!!!111"

stringertom
09-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Bodo is right that it will be more difficult to "turn it on" the longer he is out. I'm surprised he didn't reference the obvious parallel world of Eldrick Woods' struggles after his long "vacation".

ledwix
09-25-2012, 06:13 PM

Just like how he won USO2012 right..

When was the last time an ATP player took several months off due to injury and then instantly won a slam? I hope Nadal can come back, but his old self might not resurface on the tennis court for a while unfortunately.

Rjtennis
09-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Just like how he won USO2012 right..

When was the last time an ATP player took several months off due to injury and then instantly won a slam? I hope Nadal can come back, but his old self might not resurface on the tennis court for a while unfortunately.

Ya, i dont see him winning the AO but if his heart is all in it he will be back fairly soon.

RAFA2005RG
09-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Bobo forgot to read this-

"I will return to the court when I feel that the knee no longer gives me any pain, whether that is in two weeks or in three or four."

"If things go well and I can make the final and the captain thinks I am the right person to play it then I'll be there."

I don't think Spain needs Nadal to win the Davis Cup though, I think he'll just return at Doha.

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 07:27 PM
I mean he might as well come well rested in 2013 the only thing thats even left for him this year is Paris-Bercy and the WTF and its not like he was stellar there to begin with so to start playing on your worst surface while recovering is not a good idea IMO. Might as well come well rested to start fresh

Mike Sams
09-25-2012, 07:35 PM
I mean he might as well come well rested in 2013 the only thing thats even left for him this year is Paris-Bercy and the WTF and its not like he was stellar there to begin with so to start playing on your worst surface while recovering is not a good idea IMO. Might as well come well rested to start fresh

Nadal should return with a new coach and get rid of Toni. Or maybe just scrap the coach altogether and be free.

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Nadal should return with a new coach and get rid of Toni. Or maybe just scrap the coach altogether and be free.

LOL in all honesty he doesnt even need Toni!! he probably just keeps him around cause he cant find a job and hes family

ruerooo
09-25-2012, 08:13 PM
LOL in all honesty he doesnt even need Toni!! he probably just keeps him around cause he cant find a job and hes family

He can't find a job? He doesn't need a job.

Rafa's worth 9 figures if he's worth a cent, after prize money and endorsements, and if Uncle Toni is taking a standard manager's 10 percent, well, then ... you do the math.

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 08:25 PM

Rafa's worth 9 figures if he's worth a cent, after prize money and endorsements, and if Uncle Toni is taking a standard manager's 10 percent, well, then ... you do the math.

True but still i think hes keeping him because hes family

smoledman
09-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Nadal might wait to come back on the SA clay swing(Feb), then skip IW/Miami and play the European clay circuit & grass. Then shut it down until the next February and so on. Sure he will never be #1 again with a strictly clay/grass schedule, but top 10 for sure.

RAFA2005RG
09-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Nadal might wait to come back on the SA clay swing(Feb), then skip IW/Miami and play the European clay circuit & grass. Then shut it down until the next February and so on. Sure he will never be #1 again with a strictly clay/grass schedule, but top 10 for sure.

And he'll have a better chance of winning several more Roland Garros titles that way, and the occasional Wimbledon. It's the best option if he wants to win slams.

Vcore89
09-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Just follow the Bjorn routine. Do back to back GSes in the middle of the year and completely skip the beginning of year and year end.

Seriously speaking, he might be able to bag two Slams with a lot more surety than to turn up at all four. Plus winning 2 biggies nearly secures the world number 1 ranking assuming no other bags two Slams as well.

Of note though, Bjorn fought to at least 4 USO losing finals (so he really skipped only the AO.).

Vcore89
09-26-2012, 11:02 PM

Uncle Toni rakes in 20% of tournament winnings including exhibitions but excluding commercial/advertising fees.

Sentinel
09-26-2012, 11:06 PM

Last I heard, Toni had a lot of businesses: real estate, hotels etc. So he has a lot of moolah coming in anyway.