PDA

View Full Version : Tennis without Fedalnis boring. :-(

The Dark Knight
09-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Man what a rivalry ...... We all need to appreciate how lucky we were to witness it.

Tennis today is just boring compared to Fedal.

ruerooo
09-25-2012, 07:38 PM
As you can see from my avatar, I miss them very much.

RF20Lennon
09-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Wimby 2007/2008 Aussie 2009 Rome 2006 Miami 2005!!!! Some of the greatest matches ever!!! To an aging Federer and an Injured Nadal You rivalry shall be missed!!!!!

Netspirit
09-25-2012, 08:14 PM
It was truly historic stuff. Our grandchildren will remember it.

Sentinel
09-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Murrovicnis isn't too shabby.

btw, what's the "nis" at the end. Is it from "tennis" ?

Cup8489
09-25-2012, 09:36 PM
My God, The Dark Knight Rises

http://www.movieblogbuster.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-2.jpg

FedererDropShot
09-25-2012, 09:40 PM
The inevitable sucks.

Andres
09-26-2012, 05:04 AM

nis = is. The 'n' replaces the space between Fedal and 'is'. Probably because the N is right above the spacebar.

Tennis without Fedal is boring.

Come on Senti, I know you got it beforehand! Stop messing with my head. I SAID STAAAAHP!!!

merwy
09-26-2012, 05:18 AM

Completely incomparable to Fedal. Not even nearly as entertaining. Fedal is a clash of two legends who play completely different. The talent vs. the warrior. Beautiful variety vs. overpowering topspin. Federer constantly trying to find a way to get around Nadal's tactic of putting pressure on his backhand.
Damn, I miss it. It's been way too long since they've played against each other. I would be devastated if one of them retires without having played each other at least one more time.

The Dark Knight
09-26-2012, 05:28 AM
My God, The Dark Knight Rises

http://www.movieblogbuster.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-2.jpg

:-)......Ilike it. :-)

pound cat
09-26-2012, 01:38 PM
It was truly historic stuff. Our grandchildren will remember it.

And when we get older we will remember it.. if we can still remember anything that is. Thank god for youtube ...we can watch some of these great matches as many times as we want to.

-RF-
09-26-2012, 02:12 PM
What does the "nis" stand for???

Mike Sams
09-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Nadal/Djokovic is the real rivalry. Both are the same generation of players whereas Federer is a different generation to Nadal. Plus there is no weakness in Djokovic which Nadal can exploit the way he can do to Federer.

The Dark Knight
09-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Nadal/Djokovic is the real rivalry. Both are the same generation of players whereas Federer is a different generation to Nadal. Plus there is no weakness in Djokovic which Nadal can exploit the way he can do to Federer.

Nah....not even close.

A rivalry is not only about the game but about the personalities.

Borg McEnroe for example.......the ice cold swede versus the brash loud mouth rebel American. (by the way 3 years difference in age....Fedal I think is 5?).

Fedal had that same mix and clash of styles as Borg McEnroe.

It was poetry.....very rare.

Mike Sams
09-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Nah....not even close.

A rivalry is not only about the game but about the personalities.

Borg McEnroe for example.......the ice cold swede versus the brash loud mouth rebel American. (by the way 3 years difference in age....Fedal I think is 5?).

Fedal had that same mix and clash of styles as Borg McEnroe.

It was poetry.....very rare.

I found the Nadal/Djokovic matches far more exhilarating but that's just my opinion. The Fedal rivalry stopped being a rivalry in 2008 when Federer started struggling more and more on the tour and developed a huge mental block thanks to the losses on clay along with the homogenized surfaces where every surface began slowing down allowing grinders and defenders to do well.
Djokovic and Nadal also have very different personalities I'm sure you've noticed. Their matches are brutal and intense.:)

NDFM
09-26-2012, 02:36 PM
I found the Nadal/Djokovic matches far more exhilarating but that's just my opinion. The Fedal rivalry stopped being a rivalry in 2008 when Federer started struggling more and more on the tour and developed a huge mental block thanks to the losses on clay along with the homogenized surfaces where every surface began slowing down allowing grinders and defenders to do well.
Djokovic and Nadal also have very different personalities I'm sure you've noticed. Their matches are brutal and intense.:)

i think he meant different styles

Mike Sams
09-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Completely incomparable to Fedal. Not even nearly as entertaining. Fedal is a clash of two legends who play completely different. The talent vs. the warrior. Beautiful variety vs. overpowering topspin. Federer constantly trying to find a way to get around Nadal's tactic of putting pressure on his backhand.
Damn, I miss it. It's been way too long since they've played against each other. I would be devastated if one of them retires without having played each other at least one more time.

So you're saying you didn't at all enjoy Djokovic/Nadal at Wimbledon 2011? I found it to be very exciting thanks to Djokovic's incredible defense and offense. Probably one of the very few times you ever saw Nadal about to cry when nothing was working when Djokovic was smashing shots down his throat. :lol:

Mike Sams
09-26-2012, 02:40 PM
The problem with Fedal matches wasn't the quality, it was the case of one guy NEVER taking his chances because of a mental block. Never managing to win the big points. Always taking a big lead and then losing it and it came down to being mentally unable to cope with the pressure. Basically the opposite of Djokovic.
That's why Nadalovic matches are far more intense and exciting than predictable Fedal matches.

The-Champ
09-26-2012, 02:48 PM
The problem with Fedal matches wasn't the quality, it was the case of one guy NEVER taking his chances because of a mental block. Never managing to win the big points. Always taking a big lead and then losing it and it came down to being mentally unable to cope with the pressure.

Yeah, he never took his chances when he bageled Nadal at the WTF.. You're an idiot.

NDFM
09-26-2012, 02:58 PM
The federer-nadal rivalry will always be superior to nadal-djokovic just becuase it created more interest into tennis as a whole, federer was clearly dominating the tour like losing only 5 matches a year, winning tournaments as if they were going out of fashion he essentially monopolised the ATP tour (but federer is federer: an all-round player, the best tennis player ever, no questions against this fact). Nadal at first was able to only challenge federer on clay with such a contrasting style to federer, he denied him the french open many times and the CYGS but as the years went by he improved his game on grass in order to make it to the finals in Wimbledon for 3 consecutive years and later on hard courts (in AO 2009) and this produced some epic, memorable matches such as Wimbledon 2007, 2008 and the AO 2009 final.

I feel that federer pushed/made nadal improve elements in his game in order to compete with federer's game/level of play. It was always number 1 vs number 2 and whether you were not a avid follower of tennis you would probably watch a slam match consisting of federer and nadal because it created so much interest a evidenced by tv ratings etc.

The Dark Knight
09-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Yes the days of Mac and Borg, Jimbo and Vitas had an undeniable sizzle. The 90's gave us, among others. Sampras , Agassi, Courier and Chang....a singular American quartet.

But Fedal is something else.

Sublime Federer, Fierce Nadal, .....Fedal combines Herculean talent, Shakespearean plot lines, riveting rivalries and a medley of epic matches .

Mike Sams
09-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Yes the days of Mac and Borg, Jimbo and Vitas had an undeniable sizzle. The 90's gave us, among others. Sampras , Agassi, Courier and Chang....a singular American quartet.

But Fedal is something else.

Sublime Federer, Fierce Nadal, .....Fedal combines Herculean talent, Shakespearean plot lines, riveting rivalries and a medley of epic matches .

Nah, Federer's too old and timid nowadays. He's past his fighting days. You'll never see that Wimbledon 2008/Rome 2006 type fight from him again. But you'll see plenty of that from Djokovic.

Mike Sams
09-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Yeah, he never took his chances when he bageled Nadal at the WTF.. You're an idiot.

:lol: And when was anybody even remotely intimidated by Nadal indoors? I'm talking Slams, stupid kid!

The Dark Knight
09-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Nah, Federer's too old and timid nowadays. He's past his fighting days. You'll never see that Wimbledon 2008/Rome 2006 type fight from him again. But you'll see plenty of that from Djokovic.

Maybe but Joker just will never have the style and create the drama of Fedal.

NDFM
09-26-2012, 03:15 PM

djokovic is no federer, with nadal and djokovic there isn't a huge difference in their styles. What's great about djokovic is how he can turn his defence into offence during a rally, you'd think he's lost the point but he then wins it somehow but at the end of the day nadal and djokovic are both baseliners who like to engage in long rallies to win their points, federer is different to them with his variety and all-around game

Mike Sams
09-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Maybe but Joker just will never have the style and create the drama of Fedal.

The Fedal rivalry is overrated. What's so dramatic about 99% topspin forehands to a weak backhand? :lol: I'd rather see the bruteforce backhand of Djokovic answer every single one of those topspin forehands...with interest! :twisted:

The-Champ
09-26-2012, 03:36 PM
:lol: And when was anybody even remotely intimidated by Nadal indoors? I'm talking Slams, stupid kid!

what about beating Nadal twice at Wimbledon? You're still an idiot.

MichaelNadal
09-26-2012, 06:09 PM
I definitely miss the Fedal rivalry. I have no idea who's gonna step up when the top 4 retire. It looks grim.

Sentinel
09-26-2012, 11:01 PM
I was kidding about Murrovic. Doesn't have the same thing as Fedal.

What does the "nis" stand for???

The OP was mixing Fedal with a certain word for the male organ.

For other possible answers, see Andres' reply on previous page.

tusharlovesrafa
09-27-2012, 12:21 AM
I was kidding about Murrovic. Doesn't have the same thing as Fedal.

The OP was mixing Fedal with a certain word for the male organ.

For other possible answers, see Andres' reply on previous page.

OOps I just lost my "pen".:lol:

Chillaxer
09-27-2012, 02:55 AM
It's a classic era/was.

Even fans of either player who don't like the other know it isn't the same without the both of them. It's the best top two rivalry, ever.