PDA

View Full Version : As a Rafa fan..I have to admit..

tusharlovesrafa
09-26-2012, 09:36 PM
that if he retires today I won't regret nor be surprised at anything.He has achieved way more than I could ever dream off.When he 1st started watching him,he was basically a dirt baller trying to adjust to the other surfaces.I only wanted him to win 1 wimbly,just wanted him to beat fed once there,and that lucky break came in 2008 wimbly.
I never thought that one day he could 11 slams,it's way more than i could ever think off.He's beaten everyone and has won nearly everything that's there to win(he lacks WTF and Paris)..He owned the best player of his era aka Federer.

So all in all I am pretty satisfied.I am sure that Rafa is more than satisfied with his performance.:)

BorisBeckerFan
09-26-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm not a Rafa fan but he hasn't won as much as I thought he would. I fully expect him to have a few more healthy seasons along with some slams, not just RG. Expect to see him end up with 14 to 15 slams. I also expect Fed to get to 19 before he's done. These guys aren't done.

Clarky21
09-26-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm not a Rafa fan but he hasn't won as much as I thought he would. I fully expect him to have a few more healthy seasons along with some slams, not just RG. Expect to see him end up with 14 to 15 slams. I also expect Fed to get to 19 before he's done. These guys aren't done.

Really? I think he has overachieved for the amount of game/talent he has.

BorisBeckerFan
09-26-2012, 09:54 PM
How so? Talent was always there. Considered a tennis prodigy at age 16. Hugely talented. Easily second most talented after Fed in this era. But anyways I'm not going to defend Nadal as he's not my cup of tea.

kalyan4fedever
09-26-2012, 09:59 PM
nah he is just a lucky guy who happened to be a left hander and just aimed at the federers backhand till it broke, he always does that against single handed backhanders.

edmondsm
09-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Could always see the talent just didn't think his body would hold up long enough for him to reach the top tier of tennis history. He's done that, and then some.

BorisBeckerFan
09-26-2012, 10:01 PM
He can only play Fed once a tournament. He had to beat a host of other people to win slams.

Clarky21
09-26-2012, 10:02 PM
nah he is just a lucky guy who happened to be a left hander and just aimed at the federers backhand till it broke, he always does that against single handed backhanders.

Then how come Fed doesn't have the same trouble with any other lefty's but Nadal? IIRC,Nadal is the only lefty that Fed has a losing record against.

Mick
09-26-2012, 10:06 PM

yeah but that is how the game is played. You find your opponent's weaknesses and exploit them. You made it sound like Nadal does something that other players don't do.

tusharlovesrafa
09-26-2012, 10:08 PM

LOL.so what did you expect from him? Winning 20 GS??

BorisBeckerFan
09-26-2012, 10:13 PM
I thought he would be at 12 maybe 13 as of now and Fed to be at 18 already. I certainly wasn't expecting Novak to get 3 last year.

dangalak
09-26-2012, 10:28 PM
How so? Talent was always there. Considered a tennis prodigy at age 16. Hugely talented. Easily second most talented after Fed in this era. But anyways I'm not going to defend Nadal as he's not my cup of tea.

HAHAHAHAHAHA no.

You are confusing success and talent my friend.

Nalbandian and Gasquet are both more talented than him. BUT talent is a vague thing I guess.

Agassifan
09-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Rafa definitely overachieved given his talents/limitations, but am sure he is going to win more slams. Not 17 or thereabouts, but definitely around 14.

BorisBeckerFan
09-26-2012, 10:35 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA no.

You are confusing success and talent my friend.

Nalbandian and Gasquet are both more talented than him. BUT talent is a vague thing I guess.

Possibly you are confused?

tal·ent   [tal-uhnt]
noun
1. a special natural ability or aptitude: a talent for drawing.
2. a capacity for achievement or success; ability: young men of talent.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/talent

How could you be successful with out the capacity for it which by definition is part what makes up talent?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/talent

OverratedIvanovic
09-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Meh, I will just be happy if he can win 1-2 non clay slams more but I guess he needs Federer in those finals to win.

Sentinel
09-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Rafa is fortunate to have fans who have low expectations of him, whose dreams are very practical and achievable, for whom anything he achieves is way beyond what they thought, and who can't count beyond 10 (only count with your fingers, right) :D :D

Poor Federer, his fans will count with their own fingers then their toes and then with someone else's fingers if they have to. No number of slams is good enough for them. If he wins 16 they want 19, if he reaches 19 then it's "only 21". Then he still has that weeks record to cross. Oh wait, we aren't done yet, what about YE #1.

hehe, j/k tushy.

tusharlovesrafa
09-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Rafa is fortunate to have fans who have low expectations of him, whose dreams are very practical and achievable, for whom anything he achieves is way beyond what they thought, and who can't count beyond 10 (only count with your fingers, right) :D :D

Poor Federer, his fans will count with their own fingers then their toes and then with someone else's fingers if they have to. No number of slams is good enough for them. If he wins 16 they want 19, if he reaches 19 then it's "only 21". Then he still has that weeks record to cross. Oh wait, we aren't done yet, what about YE #1.

hehe, j/k tushy.

Spot on analysis senti...I wish we had more fed fans like you on this board.:D

RAFA2005RG
09-27-2012, 01:11 AM
I'm probably the best Rafa fan on the internet and I would be surprised if Rafa retired in 3 years, let alone this year. Why? Because he keeps mentioning the Rio Olympics as the big deal. Also, Rafa right now is saying he won't play unless he is 100%. That will continue to be the attitude if this rest period works. But if he doesn't return to 100% I bet he won't retire. I bet he will play in pain for a long time rather than retiring. He knows the titles he can win when he's in pain, and that is most of the slams he's already won (he won them in pain, not when he was 100%).

Chillaxer
09-27-2012, 02:57 AM
I don't think he's done yet. He might have time out to sort his body but I think he will return with hunger.

Chillaxer
09-27-2012, 02:59 AM
Expect to see him end up with 14 to 15 slams. I also expect Fed to get to 19 before he's done. These guys aren't done.

If that happened, Rafa could be well satisfied with himself. Since if Fed on that or even 17 is damn near impossible to catch, going past Sampras into second would be great for him. Those two as the top 1-2 has a good ring to it to me. Fed said some things that made me think he might want to wind it down after the US open, but I hope he doesn't.

Zarfot Z
09-27-2012, 03:08 AM
I honestly think Rafa would have a more impressive resume than Federer if he wasn't constantly plagued with injuries.

West Coast Ace
09-27-2012, 03:15 AM
He has achieved way more than I could ever dream off.I'm sure when word gets to him he will be relieved he lived up to your expectations and doesn't have to continue playing for your approval. That's probably been a tough burden for him to carry.

Alchemy-Z
09-27-2012, 03:26 AM
I am very happy with his career as well.

why I would not like to see him retire now is the field is not so deep.

While I was very happy to see murray win the USO this year... it felt odd without Rafa.

Love or hate the guy he's always a variable at the big events (no matter what surface) and no one was really stepping in to fill his shoes.

Hope to see him back on court soon.

Sentinel
09-27-2012, 04:41 AM
I honestly think Rafa would have a more impressive resume than Federer if he wasn't constantly plagued with injuries.

He wouldn't be plagued with injuries if he didn't have to catch up to Roger all those years.

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 04:56 AM
I am very happy with his career as well.

why I would not like to see him retire now is the field is not so deep.

While I was very happy to see murray win the USO this year... it felt odd without Rafa.

Love or hate the guy he's always a variable at the big events (no matter what surface) and no one was really stepping in to fill his shoes.

Hope to see him back on court soon.

Well Rafa's only won 2 Slams in 2 years and both were clay. So he was not the favorite to win anything off clay anyway. Anything he can win off clay takes a herculean effort and a seriously easy draw.

TennisCJC
09-27-2012, 05:31 AM

I agree - his game is still limited to me. For example, if Rafa played right handed with the same game, I don't he would have ever won a fast court slam. His serve is saved by the fact he is left handed otherwise it is of a quality outside the top 30 in the world. His ground game is perfect for clay but still lacking for fast courts - even recently, he resorts to playing 10-15 feet behind the baseline and retrieving with loopy strokes.

I admire his mental toughness but have never been a fan of his style.

He also benefited enormously from changes in technology and court speed - polyester strings enhanced his style of play while making the serve less of a weapon and making the courts slower with higher bounces also helped him tremendously. For example, he has looked pretty mediocre on indoor hard courts for most of his career and he plays his best on slow outdoor hard courts like Australian Open (AO plays more like clay than any hard court tourney).

TennisCJC
09-27-2012, 05:32 AM

Rafa knew the type of game he was cultivating would be hard on the body and he stuck with it.

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 05:34 AM

Don't know about that. How many non-clay Slams has Nadal racked up in his 10 years on the tour? Or was he only injured during non-clay Slams throughout those 10 years? :lol:

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 05:37 AM
Rafa knew the type of game he was cultivating would be hard on the body and he stuck with it.

He doesn't have anywhere near the talent to win any other way. :lol: You use what works for you. That's how it is. It just so happens that Djokovic can do it better than Nadal. The only weapon Nadal has that bothers Djokovic is on clay with the high topspin forehand which goes up to Djokovic's shoulder on the backhand side. On a damp low bouncing surface, it's not as much of a problem which is why Nadal has struggled against Djokovic in Madrid or rainy conditions (3rd set of RG this year).

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 05:40 AM
He wouldn't be plagued with injuries if he didn't have to catch up to Roger all those years.

Nadal is still trying to play catch up. He probably figured Federer would've been toast by now and yet still, Federer captured Wimbledon and took back the #1 ranking. Nobody really saw that coming. Federer once again widens the gap. It's obvious Nadal has zero chance of taking Federer's record of most weeks at #1. But Nadal has the record for most weeks at #2 which isn't too bad. Although with Djokovic and Murray now at their peaks, getting back the #1 or winning non-clay Slams won't get any easier. Especially with Nadal's aging body.

RF20Lennon
09-27-2012, 06:46 AM
When talent doesn't work hard hard work beats talent

Which is why rafa is way more succesful than nalbandian or gasquet

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 07:15 AM

Yep,Nadal doesn't have the talent of Nalby to be able to put away a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts in one sitting,or snort coke at a nightclub and then blame it on the Pamela phantom after he gets caught with it in his system. Think of what he could have achieved if he had those talents to fall back on. Lol.

Mainad
09-27-2012, 07:18 AM

You can work as hard as you like but if you don't have talent, it won't get you very far. Just ask Ferrer. Not that Ferrer has no talent, just not quite enough to trouble the top guys. But nobody works harder than him on a tennis court!

Nadal is a hard worker who obviously has the added ingredient of talent to carry him as far as he has got. No amount of hard work alone could have done that for him.

PSNELKE
09-27-2012, 07:23 AM

Calling Nadal an overachiever.. now this should get you banned.

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Calling Nadal an overachiever.. now this should get you banned.

Why? What's wrong with saying he has overachieved for the amount of ability he has?

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 07:29 AM
You can work as hard as you like but if you don't have talent, it won't get you very far. Just ask Ferrer. Not that Ferrer has no talent, just not quite enough to trouble the top guys. But nobody works harder than him on a tennis court!

Nadal is a hard worker who obviously has the added ingredient of talent to carry him as far as he has got. No amount of hard work alone could have done that for him.

Would a right handed version of Nadal give Federer so much trouble? That would mean heavy topspin going to Federer's forehand on clay. Probably not as troubling I gather.

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 07:31 AM

Nadal has talent but if we're being honest here, Nadal doesn't play traditional tennis. He plays a style which likely no other player has ever played before or will ever play again. Nobody strikes the ball the way he does. Basically Nadal could never teach tennis. :lol:

Sabratha
09-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Rafa isn't done. Yet. He will continue to play and slowly slip down the rankings, until he slips out of the top 10/top 20 and decides retiring is the best option.

cc0509
09-27-2012, 08:09 AM

Please! Nalbandian and Gasquet are two of the most overrated players on the planet. You can't compare their level of talent to Nadal's! Love Nadal or hate him, he is talented and a hard worker. You can't win multiple slams without being both.

cc0509
09-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Yep,Nadal doesn't have the talent of Nalby to be able to put away a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts in one sitting,or snort coke at a nightclub and then blame it on the Pamela phantom after he gets caught with it in his system. Think of what he could have achieved if he had those talents to fall back on. Lol.

:lol::lol::lol:

CMM
09-27-2012, 08:15 AM
It just so happens that Djokovic can do it better than Nadal.

What? .....

Sabratha
09-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Please! Nalbandian and Gasquet are two of the most overrated players on the planet. You can't compare their level of talent to Nadal's! Love Nadal or hate him, he is talented and a hard worker. You can't win multiple slams without being both.
Some of the most talented players never win a slam.

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 08:21 AM
What? .....

Return serve, cover the court and play defense...all better than Nadal.

CMM
09-27-2012, 08:27 AM

That is debatable. But at least we know that Rafa is better at winning Slams.

cc0509
09-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Some of the most talented players never win a slam.

Really? Who? That is a fallacy. The most talented players do win slams.

cc0509
09-27-2012, 08:30 AM

That is untrue.

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 08:39 AM
That is debatable. But at least we know that Rafa is better at winning Slams.

It's not debatable. Everybody knows Djokovic is faster than Nadal and has a much better return of serve along with a much stronger backhand. And Djokovic is far superior on hardcourts as their head to head proves along with a much higher count of hardcourt Masters titles won.
Nadal is the king of clay. That's where it ends. How many hardcourt Masters has Nadal won since 2009 Indian Wells?

cc0509
09-27-2012, 08:48 AM
It's not debatable. Everybody knows Djokovic is faster than Nadal and has a much better return of serve along with a much stronger backhand. And Djokovic is far superior on hardcourts as their head to head proves along with a much higher count of hardcourt Masters titles won.
Nadal is the king of clay. That's where it ends. How many hardcourt Masters has Nadal won since 2009 Indian Wells?

Nadal has a much better forehand than Djokovic does and Djokovic at his best is not faster than Nadal at his best, what are you smoking?

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Nadal has a much better forehand than Djokovic does and Djokovic at his best is not faster than Nadal at his best, what are you smoking?

It's Mike Shams so what do you expect? He's a know nothing troll who does nothing but stink up this forum. He found himself on my ignore list a long time ago because of his bs.

CMM
09-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Nadal is the king of clay. That's where it ends.
You make it sound as if that's something small and irrelevant. Djokovic isn't the king of anything. :)
And the king of clay has won Slams on hard and grass. Plus a gold medal.
How many hardcourt Masters has Nadal won since 2009 Indian Wells?
Who cares?

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 09:00 AM
How many clay masters did **** win from 2008-2011? He didn't win diddly squat off of hardcourts for 3 years until Rome last year,and hasn't won diddly squat off of hardcourts now for more than a year. Actually,he hadn't won ANY masters titles at all for going on 2 years after he won Paris indoor in 2009. Why no scorn for him?

And sorry,but the **** Open doesn't count considering what a total joke that tournament is. I am talking about masters titles,not challenger level titles.

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 09:27 AM

Well obviously Nadal's best days are behind him because Djokovic is faster than him TODAY. :lol:
Djokovic's backhand is lightyears better than Nadal's and his forehand has improved immensely.

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 09:29 AM
It's Mike Shams so what do you expect? He's a know nothing troll who does nothing but stink up this forum. He found himself on my ignore list a long time ago because of his bs.

Aren't you the one always saying "Rafa is garbage and won't ever win anything ever again!" :lol:

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 09:31 AM
How many clay masters did **** win from 2008-2011? He didn't win diddly squat off of hardcourts for 3 years until Rome last year,and hasn't won diddly squat off of hardcourts now for more than a year. Actually,he hadn't won ANY masters titles at all for going on 2 years after he won Paris indoor in 2009. Why no scorn for him?

And sorry,but the **** Open doesn't count considering what a total joke that tournament is. I am talking about masters titles,not challenger level titles.

How many hardcourt Masters has Nadal won since Indian Wells 2009? How many hardcourt masters has Djokovic won in the last 2 years?

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Who cares?

I guess that means....ZERO!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Nadal has won zero hardcourt masters titles since Indian Wells 2009 and he was lucky even to win that one considering he had to save 5 MPs just to get past the 3rd round.

NDFM
09-27-2012, 09:36 AM
How many hardcourt Masters has Nadal won since Indian Wells 2009? How many hardcourt masters has Djokovic won in the last 2 years?

but that's djokovic's best surface so he is likely to win hardcourt titles every year

RF20Lennon
09-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Really? Who? That is a fallacy. The most talented players do win slams.

GASQUET!!!!!!!

RF20Lennon
09-27-2012, 10:14 AM
but that's djokovic's best surface so he is likely to win hardcourt titles every year

Hard is to nole what clay is to rafa so yeah you're right although nole won 2 clay masters last year

Polvorin
09-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Federer isn't really part of Nadal's generation. His group was Roddick, Hewitt, Safin, Nalbandian, Davydenko, Ferrer etc. most of whom have retired or are no longer a factor.

Nadal is the most successful player of his own generation...although it looks like he may be overshadowed by Djokovic in the end.

I guess I should just say he's the best dirtballer ever. That much is undeniable.

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Hard is to nole what clay is to rafa so yeah you're right although nole won 2 clay masters last year

Yeah,and then he won zilch this year. Not a single title off of hardcourts. He is no different than Nadal in this respect,but people will still trot out that Nadal hasn't won anything off of clay since 2010. Again,why no scorn for **** when he is in the same boat?

Oh,and up until Madrid this year,Fed hadn't won anything off of hardcourts since Wimby 2009. Nearly 3 whole years it took him to win something off of his best surface. Andy Murray has never won a clay title,and has won Queens a couple of times. Those are,IIRC,his only non-hardcourt titles in his entire career. Yet again,why no scorn for him?

As for **** having a "fantastic year",I'm not so sure I agree. From the AO in January to August he only won 2 titles,and one of them was Toronto with one of the weakest draws in history for a masters tournament. Considering all the titles he won last year,this year has been quite poor in comparison. His year has been similar to Nadal's year last year,and everybody jumped on his sack about how poor he was last year(including me). Again,**** gets a pass while Nadal doesn't. No surprise there,unfortunately.

The-Champ
09-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Mike SAMs started watching tennis in 2011.

RF20Lennon
09-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Yeah,and then he won zilch this year. Not a single title off of hardcourts. He is no different than Nadal in this respect,but people will still trot out that Nadal hasn't won anything off of clay since 2010. Again,why no scorn for **** when he is in the same boat?

Oh,and up until Madrid this year,Fed hadn't won anything off of hardcourts since Wimby 2009. Nearly 3 whole years it took him to win something off of his best surface. Andy Murray has never won a clay title,and has won Queens a couple of times. Those are,IIRC,his only non-hardcourt titles in his entire career. Yet again,why no scorn for him?

I just agreed with the other guy lol. Yes but see some claim he's the GOAT (Rafa) therefore the argument is he can't be since he can barely win on other surfaces. That's it fed has been more succesful on clay than rafa on hard

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 10:36 AM

As for **** having a "fantastic year",I'm not so sure I agree. From the AO in January to August he only won 2 titles,and one of them was Toronto with one of the weakest draws in history for a masters tournament. Considering all the titles he won last year,this year has been quite poor in comparison. His year has been similar to Nadal's year last year,and everybody jumped on his sack about how poor he was last year(including me). Again,**** gets a pass while Nadal doesn't. No surprise there,unfortunately.

Nadal had the weakest draw in history at USO 2010. You know you got a weak draw when your semifinal opponent is Mikhail Youzhny. :lol:

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 10:38 AM
I just agreed with the other guy lol. Yes but see some claim he's the GOAT (Rafa) therefore the argument is he can't be since he can barely win on other surfaces. That's it fed has been more succesful on clay than rafa on hard

How so? Fed has made more clay slam finals,but I think Nadal has more titles off of clay than Fed has on clay throughout his career. Nadal also has 5 Wimby finals,2 AO finals,and 2 USO finals. Nadal has 5 hardcourts masters,2 hardcourt slams,a 2 Wimby titles. Fed has won 6 clay masters,and one RG title.

Now,I think Fed is Goat,but I don't think he is better off of his best surface than Nadal is off of his.

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Mike SAMs started watching tennis in 2011.

Yep. He's totally clueless.

RF20Lennon
09-27-2012, 10:40 AM
How so? Fed has made more clay slam finals,but I think Nadal has more titles off of clay than Fed has on clay throughout his career. Nadal has 5 hardcourts masters,2 hardcourt slams,a 2 Wimby titles. Fed has won 6 clay masters,and one RG title.

Now,I think Fed is Goat,I don't think he is better off of his best surface than Nadal is off of his.

Outside clay there are two surfaces hard and grass but clay is just one surface unfair much?? But I'll admit I was wrong what I meant to say is fed is ,ore consistent on clay than rafa off clay

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Yep. He's totally clueless.

Do you think anybody suddenly forgot all the hate and crap you spewed Nadal's way over the past 2 years on here? Now that he's out of action and his future is uncertain, you're suddenly now realizing how stupid you came across in your dismissive and disrespectful rants towards Nadal. Now you're defending him every possible way because you miss him so much. :lol:

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 10:47 AM
If Nadal doesn't win anything off clay anymore and Djokovic goes on to win another 5-6 Slams, it's possible that Nadal will go down as a transitional champion who only succeeded on red dirt and was lucky to grab a couple of Wimbledon and hardcourt Slams during the decline of Federer and the rise of Djokovic.
Much like Hewitt was lucky to grab a few of his Slams inbetween the decline of Sampras and the rise of Federer.

Polvorin
09-27-2012, 10:49 AM
How so? Fed has made more clay slam finals,but I think Nadal has more titles off of clay than Fed has on clay throughout his career. Nadal also has 5 Wimby finals,2 AO finals,and 2 USO finals. Nadal has 5 hardcourts masters,2 hardcourt slams,a 2 Wimby titles. Fed has won 6 clay masters,and one RG title.

Now,I think Fed is Goat,but I don't think he is better off of his best surface than Nadal is off of his.

For the greater part of a decade Roger was the second best clay court player in the world.

RF20Lennon
09-27-2012, 10:49 AM
If Nadal doesn't win anything off clay anymore and Djokovic goes on to win another 5-6 Slams, it's possible that Nadal will go down as a transitional champion who only succeeded on red dirt and was lucky to grab a couple of Wimbledon and hardcourt Slams during the decline of Federer and the rise of Djokovic.
Much like Hewitt was lucky to grab a few of his Slams inbetween the decline of Sampras and the rise of Federer.

Possible maybe you never know

RF20Lennon
09-27-2012, 10:51 AM
It's really surprising that Clarky is excessively defending nadal these days.... She's acting like his career is over and he needs to be remembered as a champion

Ms Nadal
09-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Exactly Tushar, Rafa has retired, glad someone agrees with me!

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 10:52 AM
For the greater part of a decade Roger was the second best clay court player in the world.

Yeah,and Nadal was the second best grasscourter in the world for years as well. Do you think he ranks up there with the greatest grass court players in history?

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 10:53 AM
It's really surprising that Clarky is excessively defending nadal these days.... She's acting like his career is over and he needs to be remembered as a champion

With fans like Clarky, who needs enemies. That's what Nadal must be thinking. :lol:

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 10:54 AM

I'm not excessively defending him,but when people post pure nonsense,I will say something. Afterall,he is my favorite player,and I am certain you'd be right there defending Fed if people were belittling his achievements the way people belittle Nadal's on here constantly.

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm not excessively defending him,but when people post pure nonsense,I will say something. Afterall,he is my favorite player,and I am certain you'd be right there defending Fed if people were belittling his achievements the way people belittle Nadal's on here constantly.

You're funny. :lol:

RF20Lennon
09-27-2012, 10:58 AM

Nadal is your favorite player????!!!!!! WHOA??????? When did this happen? :shock:

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Nadal is your favorite player????!!!!!! WHOA??????? When did this happen? :shock:

About 7 years ago. :lol:

RF20Lennon
09-27-2012, 11:05 AM
About 7 years ago. :lol:

LOL no one bashes nadal more than you here ever since you first came on! You always said he wouldn't win anything so obviously it was An anti-jinx lol well played Clarky although kinda disappointed you're a rafa fan I always though you didn't have fav's and looked at everyone objectively :)

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 11:09 AM
LOL no one bashes nadal more than you here ever since you first came on! You always said he wouldn't win anything so obviously it was An anti-jinx lol well played Clarky although kinda disappointed you're a rafa fan I always though you didn't have fav's and looked at everyone objectively :)

Clarky is a confused delusional closet *******.:)

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 11:11 AM

Nah,I do still look at Nadal objectively. I am not even close to being a ****,and I hate his lame,money grubbing sponsorships. Pokerstars is a new low,even for Nadal. Lol.

And looks who's talking,btw. :lol: You are a massive *******,and even have him in your avatar. Can you be objective about Fed? Something tells me you can't.

RF20Lennon
09-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Nah,I do still look at Nadal objectively. I am not even close to being a ****,and I hate his lame,money grubbing sponsorships. Pokerstars is a new low,even for Nadal. Lol.

And looks who's talking,btw. :lol: You are a massive *******,and even have him in your avatar. Can you be objective about Fed? Something tells me you can't.

I proclaimed myself a fedfan ages ago :) but I'm not a ****

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 11:15 AM
I proclaimed myself a fedfan ages ago :) but I'm not a ****

When?

Maybe but can you be objective about him?

Agassifan
09-27-2012, 11:21 AM

hehe, j/k tushy.

LOL at you. Just read this thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=438110

RF20Lennon
09-27-2012, 11:21 AM
When?

Maybe but can you be objective about him?

Yes of course I didn't expect him to win a major this year I didn't expect him to get a title off HC but probably when I was arguing with godnovak I must have clearly said I was a fed fan :) and I'm not sure if he can win a major next year

The-Champ
09-27-2012, 11:24 AM

Wouldn't that make djoker an even lesser champion because then federer would be grandpa and nadal would be even more way past his clay peak when djoker finally wins his FO? Your stupidity is truly boundless.

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Wouldn't that make djoker an even lesser champion because then federer would be grandpa and nadal would be even more way past his clay peak when djoker finally wins his FO? Your stupidity is truly boundless.

Well actually Djokovic just picked up 4 Slams at the height of Nadal's prime so I think I'm correct on this. :)

RAFA2005RG
09-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Don't know about that. How many non-clay Slams has Nadal racked up in his 10 years on the tour? Or was he only injured during non-clay Slams throughout those 10 years? :lol:

Rafa has won plenty of hardcourt events, including the Olympics, Australian Open, US Open, and some Masters.

The-Champ
09-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Well actually Djokovic just picked up 4 Slams at the height of Nadal's prime so I think I'm correct on this. :)
That's nothing, Nadal picked up 6 majors during Fed's prime and 5 during djoker's.

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Rafa has won plenty of hardcourt events, including the Olympics, Australian Open, US Open, and some Masters.

Yes but how many has he won compared to the likes of Federer and Sampras, considering Nadal is considered the GOAT by many of his fans?

RAFA2005RG
09-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Yes but how many has he won compared to the likes of Federer and Sampras, considering Nadal is considered the GOAT by many of his fans?

Rafa has won 2 more hardcourt slams than the number of clay slams Sampras has won. And Rafa has won 1 more hardcourt slams than the number of clay slams Federer has won. This is despite Rafa being only 26 years old. He's off to a great start, already surpassing the versatility of those 2 great champions.

Prisoner of Birth
09-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Rafa has won 2 more hardcourt slams than the number of clay slams Sampras has won. And Rafa has won 1 more hardcourt slams than the number of clay slams Federer has won. This is despite Rafa being only 26 years old. He's off to a great start, already surpassing the versatility of those 2 great champions.

That's because there are 2 hardcourt Slams compared to just 1 on clay. So prime-Nadal has had twice as many opportunities every year for winning a Slam on HCs than Federer and Sampras have had on clay. But here's something interesting : Federer has played in more FO finals than Nadal has in USO and AO finals combined. Now, THAT is versatility.

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 05:51 PM

Funny post. Keep it up! :lol:

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 06:03 PM
That's because there are 2 hardcourt Slams compared to just 1 on clay. So prime-Nadal has had twice as many opportunities every year for winning a Slam on HCs than Federer and Sampras have had on clay. But here's something interesting : Federer has played in more FO finals than Nadal has in USO and AO finals combined. Now, THAT is versatility.

Yup, Nadal naturally is a dirtballer by design. He's made 4 finals in hardcourt Slams, winning 2 of them which is respectable. Federer has made 11 finals in hardcourt Slams, winning 9 of them.
Nadal has made 7 clay Slam finals and won all 7 of them. Federer has made 5 clay Slam finals winning 1 of them.
Nadal has made 5 grass Slam finals winning 2 of them. Federer has made 8 grass Slam finals, winning 7 of them.
Respectable numbers by both but I think overall, this shows that Nadal is by and far more of a clay specialist whereas Federer is an all surface player.

RAFA2005RG
09-27-2012, 06:04 PM

Yeah what a shame Rafa didn't get to play more than one clay slam per year. Kind of strange that an artificial surface like hardcourt gets 2 slams per year, especially given that no slams were on hardcourt in Laver's day. I realize grasscourts are more expensive to maintain, but the least they can do is have more claycourt slams. Eventually when they do have more than one clay slam per year, people will look back on history and say "Rafa Nadal would have won 25 slams in this era"....

RAFA2005RG
09-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Oh well, either way, as people say "Roland Garros and Wimbledon is the MEAT of the year".....a lot of people tune out the rest of the year. So if we take Roland Garros and Wimbledon as being the true definition of greatness we have-
Nadal 9 slams (7 RG + 2 WIM)
Federer 8 slams (7 WIM + 1 RG)
Djokovic 1 slam (1 WIM)

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Yeah what a shame Rafa didn't get to play more than one clay slam per year. Kind of strange that an artificial surface like hardcourt gets 2 slams per year, especially given that no slams were on hardcourt in Laver's day. I realize grasscourts are more expensive to maintain, but the least they can do is have more claycourt slams. Eventually when they do have more than one clay slam per year, people will look back on history and say "Rafa Nadal would have won 25 slams in this era"....

If you want to talk about artificial, tell Rafa to use a wooden racquet like Laver and the greats of yesteryear and see how long his wrist stays intact while trying to hit heavy topspin balls. :lol:
Nobody has benefited as much to the advanced racquet and string technology and slowing down of the courts today than Nadal. That includes green clay aka Wimbledon.

Sabratha
09-27-2012, 07:12 PM
If you want to talk about artificial, tell Rafa to use a wooden racquet like Laver and the greats of yesteryear and see how long his wrist stays intact while trying to hit heavy topspin balls. :lol:
Nobody has benefited as much to the advanced racquet and string technology and slowing down of the courts today than Nadal. That includes green clay aka Wimbledon.
How can grass be the same as clay?

tusharlovesrafa
09-27-2012, 07:27 PM
If you want to talk about artificial, tell Rafa to use a wooden racquet like Laver and the greats of yesteryear and see how long his wrist stays intact while trying to hit heavy topspin balls.

Yup, Nadal naturally is a dirtballer by design. He's made 4 finals in hardcourt Slams, winning 2 of them which is respectable. Federer has made 11 finals in hardcourt Slams, winning 9 of them.
Nadal has made 7 clay Slam finals and won all 7 of them. Federer has made 5 clay Slam finals winning 1 of them.
Nadal has made 5 grass Slam finals winning 2 of them. Federer has made 8 grass Slam finals, winning 7 of them.
Respectable numbers by both but I think overall, this shows that Nadal is by and far more of a clay specialist whereas Federer is an all surface player.

Funny post. Keep it up!

Nadal had the weakest draw in history at USO 2010. You know you got a weak draw when your semifinal opponent is Mikhail Youzhny.

Do you think anybody suddenly forgot all the hate and crap you spewed Nadal's way over the past 2 years on here? Now that he's out of action and his future is uncertain, you're suddenly now realizing how stupid you came across in your dismissive and disrespectful rants towards Nadal. Now you're defending him every possible way because you miss him so much.

With fans like Clarky, who needs enemies. That's what Nadal must be thinking.

You're funny.

Clarky is a confused delusional closet *******.:)

Well obviously Nadal's best days are behind him because Djokovic is faster than him TODAY. :lol:
Djokovic's backhand is lightyears better than Nadal's and his forehand has improved immensely.

Aren't you the one always saying "Rafa is garbage and won't ever win anything ever again!"

I guess that means....ZERO!!!!!!
Nadal has won zero hardcourt masters titles since Indian Wells 2009 and he was lucky even to win that one considering he had to save 5 MPs just to get past the 3rd round.

Well Rafa's only won 2 Slams in 2 years and both were clay. So he was not the favorite to win anything off clay anyway. Anything he can win off clay takes a herculean effort and a seriously easy draw.

Don't know about that. How many non-clay Slams has Nadal racked up in his 10 years on the tour? Or was he only injured during non-clay Slams throughout those 10 years?

He doesn't have anywhere near the talent to win any other way. :lol: You use what works for you. That's how it is. It just so happens that Djokovic can do it better than Nadal. The only weapon Nadal has that bothers Djokovic is on clay with the high topspin forehand which goes up to Djokovic's shoulder on the backhand side. On a damp low bouncing surface, it's not as much of a problem which is why Nadal has struggled against Djokovic in Madrid or rainy conditions (3rd set of RG this year).

Nadal is still trying to play catch up. He probably figured Federer would've been toast by now and yet still, Federer captured Wimbledon and took back the #1 ranking. Nobody really saw that coming. Federer once again widens the gap. It's obvious Nadal has zero chance of taking Federer's record of most weeks at #1. But Nadal has the record for most weeks at #2 which isn't too bad. Although with Djokovic and Murray now at their peaks, getting back the #1 or winning non-clay Slams won't get any easier. Especially with Nadal's aging body.

Would a right handed version of Nadal give Federer so much trouble? That would mean heavy topspin going to Federer's forehand on clay. Probably not as troubling I gather.

Nadal has talent but if we're being honest here, Nadal doesn't play traditional tennis. He plays a style which likely no other player has ever played before or will ever play again. Nobody strikes the ball the way he does. Basically Nadal could never teach tennis.

Chill out dude.You are on fire..We all know your apparent hate towards Rafa,so just let it go.

RAFA2005RG
09-27-2012, 07:28 PM

You need to do some homework. Rafa didn't switch to new-age strings until 2010. Prior to that he was deeply old-fashioned. Nothing about Rafa was technologically up-to-date prior to 2010. And Rafa's best level of tennis was 2008 (and the 2009 Australian Open).

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 07:30 PM
I see yet another brilliant quote from Mike Shams. He actually believes that **** would be able to play with those old fashioned rackets,and knocks Nadal for supposedly not being able to. :lol: He's still as clueless as ever.

Oh,and Mike Shams should realize that **** has one slam not on hardcourt compared to Nadal's 4 slams not on clay. Are you going to harp on him the same way you do Nadal?

RF20Lennon
09-27-2012, 07:31 PM

I agree with your post!! but i think its unfair that there are 2 HC slams but only 1 clay therefore If Rafa had won the USO or the Aussie twice i wouldve agreed with you completely!!

RF20Lennon
09-27-2012, 07:32 PM
I see yet another brilliant quote from Mike Shams. He actually believes that **** would be able to play with those old fashioned rackets,and knocks Nadal for supposedly not being able to. :lol: He's still as clueless as ever.

Oh,and Mike Shams should realize that **** has one slam not on hardcourt compared to Nadal's 4 slams not on clay. Are you going to harp on him the same way you do Nadal?

NONE!!! of the guys today can play with the old fashioned wood rackets. Their games would be completely flustered and OUT!!

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 07:39 PM
NONE!!! of the guys today can play with the old fashioned wood rackets. Their games would be completely flustered and OUT!!

Yep,but try telling that to Mike Shams. Lol.

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 07:44 PM
I agree with your post!! but i think its unfair that there are 2 HC slams but only 1 clay therefore If Rafa had won the USO or the Aussie twice i wouldve agreed with you completely!!

But don't you think having so many tournaments on hardcourt,with 2 of them being slams,gives an unfair advantage to hardcourters? They have way more chances to win titles each year compared to the players whose game is best suited for clay or grass. There needs to be equal distribution of surfaces and there's not.

And Sampras had more than enough time to try and win RG,but he was a clay mug,and didn't really care about clay tournaments because of it. That's his own fault. He was fortunate that hardcourts suited his game since tennis is dominated by them.

MichaelNadal
09-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Yep,but try telling that to Mike Shams. Lol.

Oh how I love that nickname.

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 07:47 PM
You need to do some homework. Rafa didn't switch to new-age strings until 2010. Prior to that he was deeply old-fashioned. Nothing about Rafa was technologically up-to-date prior to 2010. And Rafa's best level of tennis was 2008 (and the 2009 Australian Open).

There's a night and day difference between the wooden racquets used by Laver compared to what Nadal's been using on the tour. :lol: As I said, see how great Nadal is when he's trying to moonball and hit extreme topspin with the wooden racquet. It's a WHOLE different game altogether.

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 07:48 PM

You don't even deserve a response for being the biggest bandwagoner in the sport. As I said before, nobody has forgotten your disrespectful tirade towards Nadal these past 2 years. You're a joke, DUDE! :lol:

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 07:49 PM
But don't you think having so many tournaments on hardcourt,with 2 of them being slams,gives an unfair advantage to hardcourters? They have way more chances to win titles each year compared to the players whose game is best suited for clay or grass. There needs to be equal distribution of surfaces and there's not.

And Sampras had more than enough time to try and win RG,but he was a clay mug,and didn't really care about clay tournaments because of it. That's his own fault. He was fortunate that hardcourts suited his game since tennis is dominated by them.

So tell Rafa to start dominating hardcourts too. Oh wait...Djokovic won't let him. :lol:

Prisoner of Birth
09-27-2012, 10:03 PM

The ball-behavior on the AO surface is very different to its behaviour on the USO surface. The only common skill-set would be movement I guess. I'd say, these days, the AO surface is as different to the USO surface as it is to FO's clay.

The-Champ
09-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Mike Sams, you haven't posted this much in a while. Have you been fired from your job? :D

Prisoner of Birth
09-27-2012, 10:06 PM

The AO is basically FO on a harder surface these days. The AO surface is as different to the USO surface as it is to FO's clay. Nadal should be happy there are so many CC Masters tournaments still around.

Netspirit
09-27-2012, 10:07 PM
He's beaten everyone and has won nearly everything that's there to win(he lacks WTF and Paris)

He also lacks Miami and Cincy.

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 10:16 PM
The ball-behavior on the AO surface is very different to its behaviour on the USO surface. The only common skill-set would be movement I guess. I'd say, these days, the AO surface is as different to the USO surface as it is to FO's clay.

I totally disagree. Over the past 2 years the USO has been slowed down so much it plays just like a second AO. It's not near the same quickness as it used to be.

Clarky21
09-27-2012, 10:20 PM
The AO is basically FO on a harder surface these days. The AO surface is as different to the USO surface as it is to FO's clay. Nadal should be happy there are so many CC Masters tournaments still around.

There's only 3 clay masters compared to 6 hardcourt masters,and 7 if you want to include the WTF. There is also 2 slams on hardcourt compared to one slam on clay. If anyone is lucky,it is the hardcourter's who benefit greatly from the tour being dominated by their best surface.

tusharlovesrafa
09-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Mike Sams, you haven't posted this much in a while. Have you been fired from your job? :D

I second your opinion..He wasn't posting here much,and then suddenly started spouting venom..:lol:

Prisoner of Birth
09-27-2012, 10:29 PM
I totally disagree. Over the past 2 years the USO has been slowed down so much it plays just like a second AO. It's not near the same quickness as it used to be.

Yeah, that's true. But that works in Nadal's favor, doesn't it?

Prisoner of Birth
09-27-2012, 10:31 PM
There's only 3 clay masters compared to 6 hardcourt masters,and 7 if you want to include the WTF. There is also 2 slams on hardcourt compared to one slam on clay. If anyone is lucky,it is the hardcourter's who benefit greatly from the tour being dominated by their best surface.

Okay, who are these Hardcourters who're benefitting "greatly"? It's the hardcourt Slams that have the most competitive depth-in-field. It more than evens out in the end.

RAFA2005RG
09-27-2012, 10:44 PM
The AO is basically FO on a harder surface these days. The AO surface is as different to the USO surface as it is to FO's clay.

Are you saying Rafa should do just as well at the AO as at RG? Because I can tell you now, Rafa is only moderately successful at the AO - quarterfinal exits in 2010 and 2011, and final in 2012.

Been a long time since Nadal won the AO (2009) and he almost lost the semi to Verdasco (and ended up losing more points than Federer in the final). Compare that to Roland Garros (7 titles from 8 attempts).

Nadal is better at the US Open than the AO.
Nadal has reached the US Open semis or better on 4 occasions (despite not playing 2012 US Open).
Nadal has reached the AO semis or better on 3 occasions.

Prisoner of Birth
09-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Are you saying Rafa should do just as well at the AO as at RG? Because I can tell you now, Rafa is only moderately successful at the AO - quarterfinal exits in 2010 and 2011, and final in 2012.

Been a long time since Nadal won the AO (2009) and he almost lost the semi to Verdasco (and ended up losing more points than Federer in the final). Compare that to Roland Garros (7 titles from 8 attempts).

Nadal is better at the US Open than the AO.
Nadal has reached the US Open semis or better on 4 occasions (despite not playing 2012 US Open).
Nadal has reached the AO semis or better on 3 occasions.

That's not what I said. Nadal's biggest problem with hardcourts is his court-coverage, not the speed or bounce. He's a special case in that regard.

smash hit
09-28-2012, 01:14 AM
I second your opinion..He wasn't posting here much,and then suddenly started spouting venom..:lol:

Of his last 250 posts, 217 have been spouting venom against Nadal. Even when he was posting about Errani and Sharappova he managed to bring Nadal into the picture. "This lady(person) does protest too much, methinks." It's obvious that he is actually obsessed, possessed, or inflamed by Nadal. Could he be a closet *******?

cc0509
09-28-2012, 02:06 AM

Are we talking about 2011 Djokovic or 2012? Because the 2012 Djokovic I have seen did not look that impressive to me and Nadal's play from the AO to the FO looked better than Djokovic's for the most part. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened on HC between them as obviously Nadal showed he was the better clay court player than Djokovic in 2012.

Djokovic's forehand has improved but overall it is still not anywhere near Nadal's forehand. Djokovic has the better backhand but Nadal has the much better forehand. In terms of speed, Djokovic's better speed certainly did not help him win the FO over Nadal and Djokovic certainly did not look much faster than Nadal at the AO this year where Djokovic was lucky to pull out the win after a long five set match. I think you need to get some eyeglasses! ;)

cc0509
09-28-2012, 02:10 AM

All that really matters is that Nadal has 11 slams and Djokovic has 5.

cc0509
09-28-2012, 02:12 AM
GASQUET!!!!!!!

Gasquet is and always has been overrated imo. He is nowhere close to a Federer or even a Nadal on the talent scale. All he really has is a nice-looking backhand. He has an average serve and a below average forehand for a top player.

zagor
09-28-2012, 05:00 AM

I know LOLville, I know.

However I honestly think that Fed would have a more impressive resumee than Nadal (to an even higher degree than he does know) if he wasn't constantly plagued with back injuries and mono, on top of slowdown of the surfaces and use of different balls which all benefit Rafa immensely and inflated his record.

tusharlovesrafa
09-28-2012, 05:04 AM
I know LOLville, I know.

However I honestly think that Fed would have a more impressive resumee than Nadal (to an even higher degree than he does know) if he wasn't constantly plagued with back injuries and mono, on top of slowdown of the surfaces and use of different balls which all benefit Rafa immensely and inflated his record.

LOL..Zagor! It seems you are having "VISIONS" of jacksonville everywhere,anyone who is praising Rafa over fed is deemed to be lolville.:):grin:

Mike Sams
09-28-2012, 05:07 AM

:lol: No, I took an absence from tennis forums for a while. Anyway, no intentional venom towards Nadal. To me he's a legend and the goat on clay. Unfortunately all of my posts are coming across as negative which isn't my aim.

Mike Sams
09-28-2012, 05:09 AM

You're talking Masters only, not overall tournaments. There are many many clay tournaments out there.

Polvorin
09-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Don't worry, he'll return and conquer worlds once again. Just hope he doesn't lose any tough matches to players he expects to beat, otherwise he'll be out for months again with some career threatening injury just like in 2009 and '12.

Sid_Vicious
09-28-2012, 04:20 PM
LOL..Zagor! It seems you are having "VISIONS" of jacksonville everywhere,anyone who is praising Rafa over fed is deemed to be lolville.:):grin:

Actually, Zagor is an astute guy who has figured out the recent surge of Federer fans who are complete posers. The poster in question along with Smoldeman have blown their cover numerous times and shown their true federer-hating colors.

Prisoner of Birth
09-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Anyway, as a Nadal fan myself (I can be a fan of more than 1 player), I will probably only be satisfied once Nadal gets to 15 Slams. Basically because I consider him the 2nd GOAT behind Federer so it'd be perfect if he made it to #2 on the Grand Slam tally as well. Otherwise, Pete Sampras could have the stronger claim. With that said, I am not by any means suggesting Nadal under-achieved. He's come a long, long, long way.

ruerooo
09-28-2012, 06:35 PM

That's why he has a Career Golden Slam.

:roll:

Have you even been watching the tennis the last decade or so?

Crisstti
09-28-2012, 08:37 PM

Hush Clarky, you're going to upset some people with that.

RF20Lennon
09-28-2012, 08:38 PM
So guys any real update on Rafa?

RF20Lennon
09-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Hush Clarky, you're going to upset some people with that.

haha ;) i agree with clarky on that though!! the grass season must be extended

tusharlovesrafa
09-28-2012, 08:44 PM
So guys any real update on Rafa?

he's gonna come back and make someone cry again!!:)

Clarky21
09-28-2012, 08:46 PM
haha ;) i agree with clarky on that though!! the grass season must be extended

And the hardcourt season must be shortened.

Prisoner of Birth
09-28-2012, 08:58 PM

How about a Slam on indoor Hardcourts? :twisted:

Clarky21
09-28-2012, 09:01 PM
How about a Slam on indoor Hardcourts? :twisted:

I think there are enough hardcourt tournaments already,so thanks anyway.

Prisoner of Birth
09-28-2012, 09:33 PM
I think there are enough hardcourt tournaments already,so thanks anyway.

Okay, a Grand Slam on Blue Clay? :confused:

:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Zarfot Z
09-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Okay, a Grand Slam on Blue Clay? :confused:

:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Indoor blue clay.

Ms Nadal
09-29-2012, 05:39 AM
Uncle Toni has stated in an article that Rafa may start practising agin in 10-15 days time! Yeah! Let's hope so! :)