PDA

View Full Version : Is Berdych afraid to play Djokovic?

Mainad
09-27-2012, 09:13 AM
I notice he has chosen not to defend his Beijing title this year and is playing Tokyo instead. I wonder if that's because Djokovic is playing Beijing again (he pulled out last year)?

Maybe Berdych prefers to take his chances against Murray given that he still has a winning H2H of 4-3 against him whereas he is 1-9 v Djokovic.

Just wondering. Any thoughts?

Sabratha
09-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Maybe Berdych wants a change?

The Bawss
09-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Maybe he feels like playing in front of a crowd this year.

Mike Sams
09-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Berdych isn't afraid of anyone.

smoledman
09-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Berdy is afraid of Nadal & Djokovic who PWN his soul.

Sentinel
09-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Appearance fee ? (wondering)

Tammo
09-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Then Fed have been scared that he might have had to play Young in Bangkok and pulled out.

Mainad
09-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Maybe Berdych wants a change?

Possibly. I just think it a bit odd that he isn't going to try and defend the title he won last year and has opted to play another tournament instead. It's not as if the prize money is any higher. The only factor different from last year is the presence of Djokovic and I can't help but wonder if Berdych thinks he has more chance against Murray in Tokyo than he would have against Djokovic in Beijing given the respective match-ups.

Just my twopennyworth.

Romismak
09-27-2012, 12:58 PM
I´ve been wondering about this also when i 1st saw him in Tokyo entry list insted of Beijing-i mean if he last year played Beijing and lost SF, QF o.k. but he is defending title and it isn´t 250 so only logical explanation for me are:

Apperance fees- Tokyo offers more, Beijing has more prize money and is ,,generally richer,, event but in Tokyo you have only Murray, while Bejing - Nadal, Nole - a lot of cash -

From point of winning tournament - defend 500 points yes Tokyo seems to be ,,easier,, tournament from Berdych´s point of view, but right now with Rafa out of picture i think there would be rooom for apperance fees for Berdych in Bejing howewer it is to late and Murray is still easier than Nole for Tomas.

NadalAgassi
09-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Berdych is afraid of both Djokovic and Nadal and does not feel he can beat them. That has been obvious for years now. Since 2006 he has a combined one win over both, and it was Djokovic in his worst slump ever as a top 10 player on Djokovic's worst surface. He is not afraid of Federer or Murray and goes into matches trying to win, but against Nadal or Djokovic he just hopes to not get embarassed.

dangalak
09-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Berdych is afraid of both Djokovic and Nadal and does not feel he can beat them. That has been obvious for years now. Since 2006 he has a combined one win over both, and it was Djokovic in his worst slump ever as a top 10 player on Djokovic's worst surface. He is not afraid of Federer or Murray and goes into matches trying to win, but against Nadal or Djokovic he just hopes to not get embarassed.

I wonder why Djok and Nadal are different from fed and murray. Maybe variety doesn't bother him?

The Bawss
09-27-2012, 01:34 PM
After 3 months out of the game, Berdych would put Nads to sleep.

NadalAgassi
09-27-2012, 01:39 PM
I wonder why Djok and Nadal are different from fed and murray. Maybe variety doesn't bother him?

He got spooked by Nadal when he got spanked at Wimbledon 2007. Up until then he had done well vs Nadal on non clay surfaces, and he really expected to make the final that year.

Djokovic he just cant handle his combination of very agressive hitting off both sides yet still stellar defense, and very strong consistency, off the ground.