PDA

View Full Version : Notice how similar Nadal's and Federer's careers are?

Mike Sams
09-30-2012, 10:07 PM
They both had their bogeymen who stopped them from winning Slam finals. In this case obviously it was Nadal who stopped Federer at RG 2008, Wimbledon 2008, and then AO 2009. 3 out of 4 Slams Federer lost to the same player which had him in tears at the end of it.

Nadal, the unstoppable force seems legitimately unstoppable until Djokovic 2.0 rises out of nowhere and makes Nadal his girlfriend at Wimbledon 2011, USO 2011, and AO 2012. Nadal finally has an answer at RG 2012 although perhaps much in thanks to the halting of the match where Djokovic begins slaughtering Nadal for 8 straight games as the rain comes down, dampening the courts and rendering Nadal's beloved topspin ineffective. Regardless, Nadal won but apparantly paid the price as the accumulated damage from the wars with Djokovic took their toll on his body.

The purpose of this post is to point out that no matter how invincible somebody appears to be, another player will always come along and bring him down to reality. I can bet that nobody saw Nadal rising to beat Federer off clay at the Slams. The same way nobody saw Djokovic rise and smash Nadal in several slams and take his ranking.

Everything always comes around for every player. I wonder if Murray will take another victory over Djokovic at the AO in 2013 in the final? :neutral:

DolgoSantoro
09-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Now Murray 2.0 will squash Novak like a grape!
But yeah, no one's dominance can last forever. That's why careers like Federer's Laver's and Sampras's are so impressive, they can still be a force even when far out of their primes

Say Chi Sin Lo
09-30-2012, 11:54 PM
"Notice how similar Nadal's and Federer's careers are?"
No...

"The purpose of this post is to point out that" this is yet another crap in a section loaded with them.

RAFA2005RG
09-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Don't forget, in that 2012 RG final, they played in the rain for a LONG LONG LONG time. There is a limit. You can't play tennis when the ball is so heavily soaked it emits water like a sprinkler system at every bounce. And even when they resumed the following day, it rained again (not as badly), and Rafa still won by breaking Djokovic twice in the 4th set (Djokovic began that day up a break). Djokovic had his share of wet conditions, and could only win a set. Actually when you really analyze the periods of rain in that match, Rafa did better than Djokovic in the wet conditions. And Rafa also beat Federer in the 2011 Roland Garros final, in the rain.

Sabratha
10-01-2012, 12:34 AM
They aren't similar at all.

dangalak
10-01-2012, 12:52 AM
They both had their bogeymen who stopped them from winning Slam finals. In this case obviously it was Nadal who stopped Federer at RG 2008, Wimbledon 2008, and then AO 2009. 3 out of 4 Slams Federer lost to the same player which had him in tears at the end of it.

Nadal, the unstoppable force seems legitimately unstoppable until Djokovic 2.0 rises out of nowhere and makes Nadal his girlfriend at Wimbledon 2011, USO 2011, and AO 2012. Nadal finally has an answer at RG 2012 although perhaps much in thanks to the halting of the match where Djokovic begins slaughtering Nadal for 8 straight games as the rain comes down, dampening the courts and rendering Nadal's beloved topspin ineffective. Regardless, Nadal won but apparantly paid the price as the accumulated damage from the wars with Djokovic took their toll on his body.

The purpose of this post is to point out that no matter how invincible somebody appears to be, another player will always come along and bring him down to reality. I can bet that nobody saw Nadal rising to beat Federer off clay at the Slams. The same way nobody saw Djokovic rise and smash Nadal in several slams and take his ranking.

Everything always comes around for every player. I wonder if Murray will take another victory over Djokovic at the AO in 2013 in the final? :neutral:

Federer was no longer as good as he was though. That has to be taken into account.

But I'd like to point something else. Over at MTF, there was an old thread that had a poll. Apparently, around 2004, people genuinely thought Federer returned better than Agassi. He was the next big thing and the "weak era" ******bags were already active back then.

That strongly reminded me of the BS Djokovic fantards liked to spout around 2011.

Russeljones
10-01-2012, 01:37 AM
Notes how useless the OP's threads are.

OverratedIvanovic
10-01-2012, 02:35 AM
Man, you are on a roll with these threads lately :roll:

TennisLovaLova
10-01-2012, 04:02 AM
OP needs (maybe) to change his avatar to be taken more seriously