PDA

View Full Version : Demo Shipping Price premium for certain rackets?

Morpheus
05-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Usually when I demo it cost $18 for the first racket and $22 for two rackets. When I tried to demo the Volkl VE-9 and the Volkl VE-10, the price went up to $27. It went back down to $22 when I replaced one of the Volkl's with the Estusa.

Are you charging a premium for the Volkl's? What gives?

TW Staff
05-06-2004, 11:07 AM
Morpheus,
Shipping is calculated by weight so there might be a slight price difference due to the total weight of the racquets.

Chris, TW.

Morpheus
05-07-2004, 08:12 PM
Well, given the Volkl weighs 11.5 oz and the Estusa is over 12, I don't see how that would be the case. This is the only time I have ever had this happen. Maybe there's an error in your computer database that's miscalculating the weight of the VE-9.

Morpheus
05-08-2004, 04:08 AM
Don,

I checked again with a variety of rackets and it appears that the Volkl VE9 is the only racket that causes a problem (of the one's I checked). In every case, the first racket costs $18 and the second an additional $4, except when I add in the Volkl.

Here's the strange part: when I pair the VE9 with certain rackets it costs $27 and with others, only $22. For example, the VE9 paired with the Prince Diablo is $27. But the VE9 with the Wilson PS Tour 95 or the Estusa, its only $22. If I pair the two versions of the VE9 (1/2" and 3/8"), it jumps to $27.

In every case, if I order three rackets its $27, so maybe I'll just order three, but I thought you might want to check your algorithm on this racket.

TW Staff
05-09-2004, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it out on Monday as it sounds like something is out of whack here.

Chris, TW.