PDA

View Full Version : USTA League Match Saturday night....

bfonz7
02-25-2004, 06:26 AM
I have a usta league match saturday night where i am playing number #1 singles. I have been using a customized Surge, with extra lead tape under the handle and have been playing awesome.

I just ordered 2 used 2001 Babolat PC's from ****, and they should be coming on thursday. I feel these new sticks better suit my game than the surges do. I have a scheduled college team practice on friday night when i could introduce the new frames. should i make the switch before the match sat night, or wait til sunday to try the new sticks?

My gut feeling is to keep using the surges, but then there is the potential for me to play better with the Babolats. Any advice or anyone ever been in a similar situation?

@wright
02-25-2004, 07:44 AM
I'd wait, unless you want to sacrifice the match to the tennis gods.

kreative
02-25-2004, 11:49 AM
if you've been playing "awesome", i'd wait until sunday. after that, switch to the babolats, and never look back :twisted:

gustavo33
02-25-2004, 12:27 PM
go with the surges... if you start to lose and dont see yourself winning the match, change to the babs.....it can change the game...itīs a cool mental thing

borisboris
02-25-2004, 02:51 PM
READ MY POST ABOUT MY LAST MINUTE CHANGE IN A USTA 4.5 LEAGUE MATCH LAST WEEK. My stringer offer to put in Gamma ZO power 16l for free to see if I liked it more than the Kirsch Touch Turbo I'm using. I played with new the string the night prior with a ball machine and had our warm up ct trail also. My 1st service game went to 3rd deuce game pt = dbl fault - my 3rd in 1 game. I switched back to the TT & went 7 straight games w/o a dbl. I ended up loosing 3-6 7-6! The one break killed me and messed w/ my head - Never try something new in an important match, you awe that to your teammates. Imagine Davis Cup and ABOMB switched to Ballistic Poly and gets trounced- "hey guys I had to try it"