PDA

View Full Version : Shanghai draw analysis

RogerFan1991
10-06-2012, 07:03 AM
Shanghai draw is out, Federer and Murray are in the same half, with Monaco as highest seed in Roger's quarter and Isner in Andy's side.
Djokovic has been drawn with tipsarevic as best seed in his quarter, while Tsonga, Berdych, Raonic and Nishikori are in the other quarter.
So....what do you think? For me its even for both federer and djokovic, murray justy lost to raonic, showing he is getting trouble to find cocnsistency in tournaments outside slams, and in Nole's side, Tsonga is in good form, he won last week, and is playing beijing final vs djokovic tomorrow. In terms of big names i think djokovic half is more challenging.

Romismak
10-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Most interresting things about Shanghai:

1. Murray is in Rogerīs half so relatively easy for Nole to make F

2. Berdych finally top 4 seeded and he has very tough draw with Nishikori again, than possible Tsonga or Raonic - Tsonga toughest among 5-8 seeded guys and Raonic possible Tokyo champion + he defeated him in Canada few weeks ago

VPhuc tennis fan
10-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Shanghai draw is out, Federer and Murray are in the same half, with Monaco as highest seed in Roger's quarter and Isner in Andy's side.
Djokovic has been drawn with tipsarevic as best seed in his quarter, while Tsonga, Berdych, Raonic and Nishikori are in the other quarter.
So....what do you think? For me its even for both federer and djokovic, murray justy lost to raonic, showing he is getting trouble to find cocnsistency in tournaments outside slams, and in Nole's side, Tsonga is in good form, he won last week, and is playing beijing final vs djokovic tomorrow. In terms of big names i think djokovic half is more challenging.
True. Although I believe that Andy is trying to up his game for the rest of the year. Even if he doesn't win anything at all, he may try to get to the SF or final to fine tune his game for WTF or AO later. Based on that, Fed's draw seems to be a bit tougher than Djoker

RAFA2005RG
10-06-2012, 08:35 PM
And should Murray make the semis, he will take the Federer match extremely seriously, because he knows how important it is to step on your rival's throat when you have him down (which Murray barely does, as he's only won the last match, lost Wimbledon final).

Clarky21
10-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Another cake draw for the king of cake draws. **** is the luckiest player in the history of the sport.

Sentinel
10-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Another cake draw for the king of cake draws. **** is the luckiest player in the history of the sport.

Really ? He was deprived of the USO by heavy gales, the Wimbledon by a roof, the French by a rain delay and so on.

RAFA2005RG
10-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Really ? He was deprived of the USO by heavy gales, the Wimbledon by a roof, the French by a rain delay and so on.

French rain delay? They should have gone off half an hour earlier. They played in the rain until the balls were so soaked they were like heavy sponges rather than tennis balls. I mean, you are aware that Roland Garros matches do have rain delays, right? They don't play in the rain forever.....

And then it rained the next day too (just not as much) and Djokovic still got broke twice in the 4th set.

beast of mallorca
10-06-2012, 11:25 PM
French rain delay? They should have gone off half an hour earlier. They played in the rain until the balls were so soaked they were like heavy sponges rather than tennis balls. I mean, you are aware that Roland Garros matches do have rain delays, right? They don't play in the rain forever.....

And then it rained the next day too (just not as much) and Djokovic still got broke twice in the 4th set.

You should know Senti by now. He was just yoking :)

-RF-
10-07-2012, 03:19 AM
Another easy draw for Nole.......... disgrace

Zarfot Z
10-07-2012, 04:16 AM

Look at the draw Federer had at the Olympics and Cincinnati.

You can't say that without sounding like a fist class hypocrite.

Sentinel
10-07-2012, 04:21 AM
You should know Senti by now. He was just yoking :)

You should know Bullzie by now. He gets trolled real easy. :)

cc0509
10-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Djokovic should have no problem making it to the final whereas a probable Federer vs Murray match-up is a much tougher proposition for Federer.

Clarky21
10-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Look at the draw Federer had at the Olympics and Cincinnati.

You can't say that without sounding like a fist class hypocrite.

Oh,please. Over the past 2 years,**** has been as fortunate with draws(and everything else for that matter)as any player I have ever seen. His draws are always Twinkie,and he gets all the breaks. I'll be glad when his extreme luck finally runs out.

tennis_pro
10-07-2012, 07:53 AM
Draw analysis is pointless since late June. It's only about which half of the draw Murray lands in, and once again it's Federer's.

TheF1Bob
10-07-2012, 08:01 AM

Still in denial I see.

100% FACT!

Nadal is a cheat. Deal with it. 8)

Yeah, it's not like Fed has inherited Nadal's cakewalk draws for last few months. :roll:

kishnabe
10-07-2012, 09:53 AM

Your hate for Djokovic is delusional.

There is data from someone on the boards who showed that Djokovic had the toughest avg of seeds in GS draws since 2008.

That same date showed Nadal has the easiest avg of seeds in his GS draws.

Federer had his share of cakewalk draws and Nadal even more. Djokovic had to deal with these two giants for his wins....so that makes it even tougher.

The only cakewalk draw that Nole got was 2012 US Open with the absence of Nadal.

The Bawss
10-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Your hate for Djokovic is delusional.

There is data from someone on the boards who showed that Djokovic had the toughest avg of seeds in GS draws since 2008.

That same date showed Nadal has the easiest avg of seeds in his GS draws.

Federer had his share of cakewalk draws and Nadal even more. Djokovic had to deal with these two giants for his wins....so that makes it even tougher.

The only cakewalk draw that Nole got was 2012 US Open with the absence of Nadal.

Who did he play of worth in Toronto? He played chokequet in the final. How about beijing? clownga. Come on stop denying it.

dangalak
10-07-2012, 10:42 AM

What? How? It's not like he is Berdych. There is no reason why the wind helps Murray more than Djokovic.

Clarky21
10-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Kishnabe is in some serious denial about ****'s draws/luck.

And do not give me that crap about him having to beat Fed and Nadal to win his titles. He certainly wasn't beating either of them on the regular until they declined,and he found Dr. Igor.

Clarky21
10-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Who did he play of worth in Toronto? He played chokequet in the final. How about beijing? clownga. Come on stop denying it.

Toronto was so bad this year it was practically a challenger event,and Beijing was almost just as bad. His draws and luck have been off the charts over the past two years.

The Bawss
10-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Toronto was so bad this year it was practically a challenger event,and Beijing was almost just as bad. His draws and luck have been off the charts over the past two years.

This. At the USO he played nobody until the final where he lost to Lolrray, probably because he had forgotten what real opposition felt like.

Mainad
10-07-2012, 11:12 AM
This. At the USO he played nobody until the final where he lost to Lolrray, probably because he had forgotten what real opposition felt like.

Is Del Potro a nobody these days? I recall he did win the title in 2009!:cool:

rofl_copter3
10-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Is Del Potro a nobody these days? I recall he did win the title in 2009!:cool:

Del Potro is a shell of his 2009 self...

RogerFan1991
10-07-2012, 11:20 AM
^^^ I agree. The difference in the race rankings come from the 2 masters 1000 that federer did not play, talking about Monte Carlo and Toronto, where djokovic took advantage, and gained 1600 pts.
If djokovic ends up number 1 this year, will be because of federer not playing all masters, which is logic, but djoko play them all knowing the tons of points he had to defend, and that might be the clue for him to retain the 1 spot. Anyways, if there's something im sure about is that federer is gonna make something special in these last 3 or 4 tournaments.

Evan77
10-07-2012, 12:09 PM
^^^ I agree. The difference in the race rankings come from the 2 masters 1000 that federer did not play, talking about Monte Carlo and Toronto, where djokovic took advantage, and gained 1600 pts.
If djokovic ends up number 1 this year, will be because of federer not playing all masters, which is logic, but djoko play them all knowing the tons of points he had to defend, and that might be the clue for him to retain the 1 spot. Anyways, if there's something im sure about is that federer is gonna make something special in these last 3 or 4 tournaments.
what a bunch of boloney ... Djokovic played less tournaments than Fed this year and did much better at slams. before you post something stupid check your facts first. why is Novak leading the race, 1500 points ahead of Federina? Let me tell ya, he is simply having a better year than Fed. Beijing is only 2nd 500 tournament Novak played this year. yeah, Fed didn't play 'all' masters meaning Rogers cup in Toronto but he managed to play in Rotterdam vulturing 500 points there.

and good luck with Fed retaining #1 spot and 'making something special'. he won't defend his 3000 points, regardless what Djokovic does plus Djokovic can only gain points and he has nothing really to defend in next 3 tournaments. Novak would need to lose in R1 of all tournaments he enters and that ain't happening. Remind you, except Madrid where he lost in QF, Djokovic reached semis/finals/wins of all tournaments he entered this year.

Observing his very fine form in Beijing, this trend will probably continue. Fed's lack of play (didn't play any tournaments after the USO) also might cost him in Shanghai, although he has a relatively easy draw there till semis, where Murray will be awaiting. Djokovic won both Paris and WTF before, and altough Fed is a better indoor player, Novak is pretty good indoors too.

so, there you have it. my analysis is pretty realistic unlike your day dreaming.

RogerFan1991
10-07-2012, 12:47 PM
what a bunch of boloney ... Djokovic played less tournaments than Fed this year and did much better at slams. before you post something stupid check your facts first. why is Novak leading the race, 1500 points ahead of Federina? Let me tell ya, he is simply having a better year than Fed. Beijing is only 2nd 500 tournament Novak played this year. yeah, Fed didn't play 'all' masters meaning Rogers cup in Toronto but he managed to play in Rotterdam vulturing 500 points there.

and good luck with Fed retaining #1 spot and 'making something special'. he won't defend his 3000 points, regardless what Djokovic does plus Djokovic can only gain points and he has nothing really to defend in next 3 tournaments. Novak would need to lose in R1 of all tournaments he enters and that ain't happening. Remind you, except Madrid where he lost in QF, Djokovic reached semis/finals/wins of all tournaments he entered this year.

Observing his very fine form in Beijing, this trend will probably continue. Fed's lack of play (didn't play any tournaments after the USO) also might cost him in Shanghai, although he has a relatively easy draw there till semis, where Murray will be awaiting. Djokovic won both Paris and WTF before, and altough Fed is a better indoor player, Novak is pretty good indoors too.

so, there you have it. my analysis is pretty realistic unlike your day dreaming.

Well, i dont think this anlysis is too realistic: Federer played just one more tournament than djokovic, and that tournament is an atp 500, while djokovic played two more masters, so big difference of points there, the atp says federer played 16 including the 2 davis cup play-offs federer played, so realistically roger played 14 tournaments and nole 13.

Another thing is federer has won more tournaments than djoko, so its not realistic to say nole had a much better year than fed as you say.

Also, federer played two matches best of five vs netherlands soon after us open, and he won them in straights, dont think he's gonna be with lack of play.

And you should take in consideration that djokovic has been playing so much, he played consecutively olympics, toronto and cincinnati, reacheing the final of the las two, then a 5-set final vs murray at us open, then beijing, whilr federer has managed his calendar in a better way, not playing toronto nor beijing, and he lost early in the us open.......so i wouldnt be surprised if a tired nole suffers a few shock defeats in coming tournaments.

kaku
10-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Hard to see Novak not making the final

Evan77
10-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Well, i dont think this anlysis is too realistic: Federer played just one more tournament than djokovic, and that tournament is an atp 500, while djokovic played two more masters, so big difference of points there, the atp says federer played 16 including the 2 davis cup play-offs federer played, so realistically roger played 14 tournaments and nole 13.

Another thing is federer has won more tournaments than djoko, so its not realistic to say nole had a much better year than fed as you say.

Also, federer played two matches best of five vs netherlands soon after us open, and he won them in straights, dont think he's gonna be with lack of play.

And you should take in consideration that djokovic has been playing so much, he played consecutively olympics, toronto and cincinnati, reacheing the final of the las two, then a 5-set final vs murray at us open, then beijing, whilr federer has managed his calendar in a better way, not playing toronto nor beijing, and he lost early in the us open.......so i wouldnt be surprised if a tired nole suffers a few shock defeats in coming tournaments.
I'm really not sure what part you don't understand. Fed can NOT gain any points in Basel, Paris and WTF even if he somehow manages to win all 3 tournaments. Neither Djokovic or Fed played in Shangai last year so they will both gain points there, but with Novak's cake draw in Shangai I doubt he'll lose before the final. Novak can only gain points in all tournaments left to be played in 2012. If you look at the trend, as I said already, Djokovic reached F/SF or won in all tournaments he entered this year except Madrid (lost in QF). That's why he is leading the race by 1500 points. Yes, theoretically he could lose early in all tournaments left to be played but it's very unlikely based on his current form, fitness and overall performance this year.

I do understand that as a Fed fan you want Fed to end up as #1, but it is not very realistic.