PDA

View Full Version : ProKennex Kinetic Pro 7G anybody using this racket?

2ndServe
10-06-2012, 12:55 PM
I like the specs, was wondering if anyone had any input?

Ramon
10-06-2012, 02:06 PM
There has certainly been a lot of love for the 7G in the past:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=372601

mikeler
10-06-2012, 02:31 PM
I used it the last 1.5 years. I've now moved on to the Prince Exo Tour. I'm looking to sell my 3. I may already have a buyer for 1 of them.

slowfox
10-07-2012, 07:09 PM
I used it the last 1.5 years. I've now moved on to the Prince Exo Tour. I'm looking to sell my 3. I may already have a buyer for 1 of them.

Hey Mikeler, why are you switching? I was considering the 7G recently, especially after reading some old threads about it. Some rather positive comments and convincing thoughts from many guys (you included). Just wondering...

mikeler
10-08-2012, 07:23 AM
Hey Mikeler, why are you switching? I was considering the 7G recently, especially after reading some old threads about it. Some rather positive comments and convincing thoughts from many guys (you included). Just wondering...

I think the extended length was taking a toll on my arm. I'd like to compare the 5G to the 7G but there is no easy way to demo it locally.

jorel
10-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Tw ddid reveiw

crazyups
10-09-2012, 05:40 PM
I have had the 7g for 2 weeks and like it a lot but still getting adjusted to the extra length. I am coming from the slazenger pro braided and the maxply mcenroe hotmelt.

JGads
10-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Is the 5G the same frame as the 7G, but just with a shorter handle? Someone said that about the Ki series, that you're playing with the same head it's just a difference in handle length that gives you the extra half inch.

I've always wondered about the 5G as well, given my love of the 7G, but can't demo and so many people have said the 5G just doesn't have the same oomph of the 7G. Tried the Ki5 once and didn't care for it vs. the 7G.

Chotobaka
10-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Is the 5G the same frame as the 7G, but just with a shorter handle? Someone said that about the Ki series, that you're playing with the same head it's just a difference in handle length that gives you the extra half inch.

I've always wondered about the 5G as well, given my love of the 7G, but can't demo and so many people have said the 5G just doesn't have the same oomph of the 7G. Tried the Ki5 once and didn't care for it vs. the 7G.

Exactly. The 7G is the extended length version of the 5G.

Ramon
10-09-2012, 07:33 PM

I think the Ki 5x is the Ki 5 with a longer handle. I've tried them both. I haven't tried the 5G or the 7G, but I would suspect the same thing. I thought it was odd at first that the Ki 5x seemed to have a grip made for a two-hander while the Ki 5 didn't. Duh? It's just there to give it extra length!

I know that many people think the 7G is more powerful and more stable than the 5G. I think the same can be said for the Ki 5x versus the Ki 5 because I notice that difference as well. I think all of that is explained by the extra length.

I think we all understand how longer length equates to more power (greater leverage). It's a little harder to understand the greater stability. I think it's kind of like how a car is made more stable just by increasing the wheelbase. A bump in the road will affect the car less because the angle of deflection is less. The same thing works with a tennis racquet. A ball going at a certain speed will cause the head of both racquets to deflect the same distance, but the angle of deflection over the length of the racquet will be less with the longer racquet, and that's what you feel in your hand.

I'm sure the physics PhD's, like Stoneage, can probably explain that better than I can. :)

crazyups
10-09-2012, 08:19 PM
I think the Ki 5x is the Ki 5 with a longer handle. I've tried them both. I haven't tried the 5G or the 7G, but I would suspect the same thing. I thought it was odd at first that the Ki 5x seemed to have a grip made for a two-hander while the Ki 5 didn't. Duh? It's just there to give it extra length!

I know that many people think the 7G is more powerful and more stable than the 5G. I think the same can be said for the Ki 5x versus the Ki 5 because I notice that difference as well. I think all of that is explained by the extra length.

I think we all understand how longer length equates to more power (greater leverage). It's a little harder to understand the greater stability. I think it's kind of like how a car is made more stable just by increasing the wheelbase. A bump in the road will affect the car less because the angle of deflection is less. The same thing works with a tennis racquet. A ball going at a certain speed will cause the head of both racquets to deflect the same distance, but the angle of deflection over the length of the racquet will be less with the longer racquet, and that's what you feel in your hand.

I'm sure the physics PhD's, like Stoneage, can probably explain that better than I can. :)

Thanks Ramon for the explanation. I wonder also if the vibrations are less because the head is a bit further away from the hands.