PDA

View Full Version : Toni Nadal out of touch with tennis reality

timnz
10-06-2012, 09:59 PM
I respect Toni, but the following recent quote shows that hre hasnt been in touch with tennis trends of the last 10 to 20 years

"This sentence does not bother me. It’s the truth. Federer is better than Nadal and the titles say this. It's also true that we play on a circuit that is in his favor, made ​​of tournaments that are held on super fast courts. But the debate on who is the best in the history of the sport should not be done with Rafa but with Rod Laver, who was unable to play for several years and we all know he could have won more titles. Regarding the matches, Rafa is winning the matches played against Federer but for me it does not matter that much, for example, Davydenko has a favorable record but we all agree that Rafa is better than the Russian."

From: http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Toni-Nadal-Roger-Federer-is-better-than-Rafael-Nadal-The-ATP-and-favorable-to-the-Swiss-articolo6328.html

The fact is that we dont have fast court tennis anywhere anymore. We only have slow court tennis (first half of the year) and medium paced tennis - second half of the year. Not sure what planet toni is speaking from here - doesnt he see that tennis has been slowed down incredibly?

A great coach, but this is strange.

TheFifthSet
10-06-2012, 10:02 PM
There's maybe two or three "super fast" courts on the entire tour. Right now I can only think of Cincy and Dubai among courts both Fed and Nadal play on.

tusharlovesrafa
10-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Calm before the storm,wait till the ****s jump in and derail your thread.

NadalDramaQueen
10-06-2012, 10:05 PM
It is strange. I really have no idea what to make of any of the statements issued by anyone from the Nadal camp lately. Some of them don't make sense, others don't seem to be saying much of anything at all.

Hopefully, once Rafa is back all of the strangeness will end.

abmk
10-06-2012, 10:06 PM
that is one delusional statement ..........

Prisoner of Birth
10-06-2012, 10:06 PM
I respect Toni, but the following recent quote shows that hre hasnt been in touch with tennis trends of the last 10 to 20 years

"This sentence does not bother me. It’s the truth. Federer is better than Nadal and the titles say this. It's also true that we play on a circuit that is in his favor, made ​​of tournaments that are held on super fast courts. But the debate on who is the best in the history of the sport should not be done with Rafa but with Rod Laver, who was unable to play for several years and we all know he could have won more titles. Regarding the matches, Rafa is winning the matches played against Federer but for me it does not matter that much, for example, Davydenko has a favorable record but we all agree that Rafa is better than the Russian."

From: http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Toni-Nadal-Roger-Federer-is-better-than-Rafael-Nadal-The-ATP-and-favorable-to-the-Swiss-articolo6328.html

The fact is that we dont have fast court tennis anywhere anymore. We only have slow court tennis (first half of the year) and medium paced tennis - second half of the year. Not sure what planet toni is speaking from here - doesnt he see that tennis has been slowed down incredibly?

Did he actually say, "Super Fast Courts" or was he misquoted again? If he did say that, he sounds worse than the worst ****.

ETA : And why would he wish Federer wasn't around? Half of why Nadal is so highly regarded is because of his success against Federer.

TheFifthSet
10-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Did he actually say, "Super Fast Courts" or was he misquoted again? If he did say that, he sounds worse than the worst ****.

Yeah, he might have been misquoted, its commonplace. But, if he wasn't that's pretty bad.

Prisoner of Birth
10-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Yeah, he might have been misquoted, its commonplace. But, if he wasn't that's pretty bad.

Yeah, I'm thinking he said, "Hard Courts" and not, "Super Fast Courts".

abmk
10-06-2012, 10:23 PM
^^

Well in that case, yes ...... we need to replace the hard courts after the USO with faster, lower bouncing carpet ....:)

Prisoner of Birth
10-06-2012, 10:35 PM
^^

Well in that case, yes ...... we need to replace the hard courts after the USO with faster, lower bouncing carpet ....:)

I never really watched many matches played on Carpet. So if you could tell me, in what ways is it different to, let's say, Indoor Hards, which are also supposed to be Fast and low-bouncing? Are Carpets faster still?

The_Order
10-06-2012, 11:07 PM

Yeah you know better than him because you're touring and practicing on all these courts aren't you?

stfu and stop thinking you know everything, Toni has FAR more tennis knowledge than you ESPECIALLY in regards to the current tour.

abmk
10-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah you know better than him because you're touring and practicing on all these courts aren't you?

stfu and stop thinking you know everything, Toni has FAR more tennis knowledge than you ESPECIALLY in regards to the current tour.

jeez, clueless. If a statement is stupid, it is stupid ......

just because someone who was more knowledge than me said it, doesn't mean it can't be stupid ...

fact is your boy rafa has been tremendously lucky with the slow-down of the courts in general ... and tony is a making a totally delusional statement instead saying the courts of today are super-fast ...

plenty of players know/have played and have publicly stated about the slow down of courts/playing conditions in general ...... its not just me ....

abmk
10-06-2012, 11:51 PM
I never really watched many matches played on Carpet. So if you could tell me, in what ways is it different to, let's say, Indoor Hards, which are also supposed to be Fast and low-bouncing? Are Carpets faster still?

carpets are easier on the body than hard courts ...normally speed of carpet is pretty fast, but even that can vary .....the bounce is normally low

indoor hard courts are supposed to be fast and low bouncing, but even they've been slowed down by a bit in the past few years ...

big ted
10-06-2012, 11:52 PM
i dont think its fair all the time to pick sentences apart from people who dont speak english as their first language. sometimes they dont know the right word for it. the only player ive seen today who has really been able to handle english well in interviews is federer. and this nadal interview could even be from a translation, so the translator may have used those words.

JustBob
10-07-2012, 12:39 AM
...he (Toni) was invited by sponsors to talk about tennis to children.

Lying to children, that's disgusting... ;)

zagor
10-07-2012, 12:43 AM
There's maybe two or three "super fast" courts on the entire tour. Right now I can only think of Cincy and Dubai among courts both Fed and Nadal play on.

Cincy and Dubai certainly aren't super fast, they're reasonably fast but the last "super" fast court was 2006 Paris. Not to mention that while I consider Fed to very adaptable he certainly doesn't prefer super fast courts, medium, medium fast with a mid-low bounce is where he's best at.

This really makes you wonder what would Rafa and Tio Toni do if they had to play in pre 2002 conditions, say during the 90s? If this isn't misquoted, terrible display of ignorance from Toni.

Valdez737
10-07-2012, 01:02 AM
hes a very smart man he know more about tennis and skill then any body in this forum

merlinpinpin
10-07-2012, 01:11 AM
I kind of agree with him, conditions are super-fast today, proof being that it still is possible to hit winners, and winners are the death of tennis.

As a matter of fact, I think :) RNadal :) should ask for another change to the rules, that any outright winner be replayed. And if the player who hit that winner hits another one when the point is replayed, he should lose the point and get a one-game penalty. Three times and he's automatically defaulted. This way, we would only get 40+ strike rallies ending in UE's, the way tennis should be played by real men.

Let's hope for a mistranslation, or this is one of the silliest things said about tennis in the last 2,000 years or so... :roll:

reversef
10-07-2012, 01:12 AM
I've always heard that there are slow surfaces (clay courts) and fast surfaces (hard courts, grass and carpet). This is how we categorize surfaces in my country (and probably in Spain as well). When only 4 of the biggest 14 tournaments played each year are played on the first category of surfaces, I would say that the tour gives a clear advantage to the players who prefer fast surfaces.
I know that there are different speeds, and that the current surfaces are not lightning fast, far from it. No need to come with scales and all those things to categorize the surfaces. I've seen them enough on this forum. But if there are different types of hard courts and the ones used now are not very fast, you can say the same about clay. I live in Belgium and I used to play tournaments on clay and hard courts (or sometimes carpet). Believe me, there is nothing more different from a clay court than another clay court. Maybe it's difficult to believe for some of you, but the courts of the French Open are considered very fast, very good for the attackers (they have been sped up for the first time in the nineties to give more chances to fast court players), Rome courts have always been considered the fastest clay courts on tour. But it was before Madrid got played on clay... The average clay courts are much more difficult to play for the attackers than the ones used for the Masters 1000 and the French Open.
Some of you like to only see one part of the story. Yes, the fast courts (HC, grass) may not be that fast these days. But the slow surfaces (clay) are not very slow either. Remain 10 tournaments played on fast surfaces and 4 on slow surfaces amongst the 14 biggest tournaments played each year.

reversef
10-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Cincy and Dubai certainly aren't super fast, they're reasonably fast but the last "super" fast court was 2006 Paris. Not to mention that while I consider Fed to very adaptable he certainly doesn't prefer super fast courts, medium, medium fast with a mid-low bounce is where he's best at.

This really makes you wonder what would Rafa and Tio Toni do if they had to play in pre 2002 conditions, say during the 90s? If this isn't misquoted, terrible display of ignorance from Toni.
First of all, in those years, there was more freedom in the calendar. Nadal would probably have played a bit more on clay and he would have avoided some tournaments.

TheFifthSet
10-07-2012, 01:32 AM

All these slow courts are warping my brain bro, I can't even tell what's really fast anymore :lol: I thought Dubai this year was pretty fast though IMO. But yes, they are pretty much extinct. It sucks that they eliminated carpet, too.

rommil
10-07-2012, 04:38 AM
Hopefully, once Rafa is back all of the strangeness will end.

I agree. The post coint toss jig, the buttpicking routine, incessant ball bouncing, the water bottle lining etc will end all that strangeness:(

Polvorin
10-07-2012, 04:49 AM
Toni and Rafa will not be happy until all tournaments are played on clay and the net height is increased by two feet.

"We play in this era with the low nets, very favor to Royer, no?"

tennis_pro
10-07-2012, 04:53 AM
I don't think Toni has seen a carpet or an old grass court, then.

I guess he doesn't describe that as "real tennis", though. This is the only era that a guy like Nadal can win all 4 majors. In every other era he'd have success on clay and maybe win 1 AO with a good draw but not have a prayer at the old US Open or Wimbledon.

abmk
10-07-2012, 05:00 AM

dubai this year was pretty fast .... cincy usually is too .....

2010 Paris was super-fast .... that semi b/w llodra and soderling was an amazing one ...

basel is also pretty fast ....

NDFM
10-07-2012, 05:04 AM
sometimes i think Nadal's camp should keep some things to themselves especially Toni

Nathaniel_Near
10-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Very disappointing, really.

NadalDramaQueen
10-07-2012, 06:26 AM
hes a very smart man he know more about tennis and skill then any body in this forum

Anybody who is willing to analyze bounce height and amount of speed lost after the ball bounces would prove that in fact, he knows nothing about court speed, no matter what he knows about tennis.

I'm pretty sure they have used hawkeye to do simple comparisons (I remember one during Wimbledon) and there was a huge difference in the height of the bounce and speed lost after the bounce. As in, the courts are slower now than they used to be, and I don't even believe that they had to go back too far in years to show the huge difference.

RAFA2005RG
10-07-2012, 07:58 AM
One thing is for sure, Uncle Toni has credibility. Nobody at Talk Tennis has credibility.

TheF1Bob
10-07-2012, 08:03 AM
One thing is for sure, Uncle Toni has credibility. Nobody at Talk Tennis has credibility.

Unless you are named TheF1Bob. 8)

above bored
10-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Toni and Rafa will not be happy until all tournaments are played on clay and the net height is increased by two feet.

"We play in this era with the low nets, very favor to Royer, no?"
Haha, the way Nadal and his uncle talk, anyone would think that all tournaments used to be played on clay and the atp changed the surfaces overnight to predominantly hardcourts, fast ones at that.

Fact is that the composition of tournaments has been well established for many years. Nadal and his uncle would have known before Nadal ever picked up a racket that most tournaments were played on hardcourts, which happen to be the most neutral surface. Nadal as a kid actually practised a lot more on hardcourts than he ever did on grass and now has spent more tournament time on hardcourts than any other surface, yet they make out as if the predominance of hardcourts is unfair.

kishnabe
10-07-2012, 09:37 AM

Credibility does not mean the guy is right or is Sane.
He may have coached one of greats from childhood to his to senior playing time.
Does not mean the garbage that comes out of his mouth is the gospel of tennis.

Then again.....I guess you can relate with his delusional mainframe on Nadal.

SoBad
10-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Toni Nadal is a great tennis coach, a perfect uncle, and a legend in modern tennis.

TMF
10-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Toni is insecure. He knows darn well the courts have gradually slow down for the past 10 years. That was the only way he managed to win slam on hard court. And grass was getting slower too. So instead of admitting that Nadal was fortunate/lucky, he say the opposite. That's being dishonest.

underground
10-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Unless you are named TheF1Bob. 8)

Novak Djokovic: 2012 US Open Champion.

FACT! 8)

Oh wait......

cc0509
10-07-2012, 11:53 AM
And just for good measure,his coach humping an SUV after Madrid last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g43cWPNBMU0

LMAO! Can you imagine Roger's parents doing what Djokovic's coach was doing on that car? :lol:

NadalDramaQueen
10-07-2012, 11:56 AM
LMAO! Can you imagine Roger's parents doing what Djokovic's coach was doing on that car? :lol:

This is going to be turned into a gif. I can't believe I have never seen that. It is terrible.

vive le beau jeu !
10-07-2012, 11:58 AM
a huge one...
could somebody please build us a time travel machine, in order to send the nadal into the 90's, for instance, without his racquets ?
(ummm... or would i be allowed to send him into the precambrian instead ?)

cc0509
10-07-2012, 12:04 PM
This is going to be turned into a gif. I can't believe I have never seen that. It is terrible.

I can't believe you haven't seen it either! It is a classic! :grin:

BauerAlmeida
10-07-2012, 12:10 PM
As annoying as Toni can be,he has NEVER reached the level of ****,or ****'s family/team. His coach is pathetic,and writhed around half naked on top of an SUV last year after Madrid. He did this right in front of the player's hotel where everyone was sure to see him. And don't even get me started on ****'s trashy family where their mouths are bigger than their brains. Remember the crap his Wicked Witch of the West mother has said over the years? His drunken father as well? To refresh your memory,here is a doosy from this years RG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7CMB0w6Bfc

Has Toni Nadal ever said or done anything as classless as either one of these things? No,he hasn't.

Okay, your hatred towards Djokovic is getting really annoying, and is seriuosly affecting your objectivity. You even hate his coach and family because of him.

cc0509
10-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Okay, your hatred towards Djokovic is getting really annoying, and is seriuosly affecting your objectivity. You even hate his coach and family because of him.

I think it is the other way around. I think a lot of people have a hard time liking Djokovic because of the way his family has acted over the years. They are not ready to have tea with the Queen of England.

Clarky21
10-07-2012, 12:17 PM

Get real. His family acts like a bunch of hooligans so what do you expect me to think of them? If they didn't act like a bunch of apes let loose I wouldn't dislike them.

And I also think you'd be singing a different tune if Nadal,Toni,or Nadal's family behaved that way.

Clarky21
10-07-2012, 12:21 PM
I think it is the other way around. I think a lot of people have a hard time liking Djokovic because of the way his family has acted over the years. They are not ready to have tea with the Queen of England.

Definitely a BIG reason why I don't like him. They annoyed Fed so bad during his match against **** at MC in 2008 that he told them to be quiet. They were demanding he check a mark that they thought was good. Bunch of trash his whole family is.

cc0509
10-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Definitely a BIG reason why I don't like him. They annoyed Fed so bad during his match against **** at MC in 2008 that he told them to be quiet. They were demanding he check a mark that they thought was good. Bunch of trash his whole family is.

Unfortunately, that is true.

Sartorius
10-07-2012, 12:41 PM

Very true.

Still it's very easy to disagree with what he says here.

Evan77
10-07-2012, 12:51 PM
As annoying as Toni can be,he has NEVER reached the level of ****,or ****'s family/team. His coach is pathetic,and writhed around half naked on top of an SUV last year after Madrid. He did this right in front of the player's hotel where everyone was sure to see him. And don't even get me started on ****'s trashy family where their mouths are bigger than their brains. Remember the crap his Wicked Witch of the West mother has said over the years? His drunken father as well? To refresh your memory,here is a doosy from this years RG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7CMB0w6Bfc

Has Toni Nadal ever said or done anything as classless as either one of these things? No,he hasn't.
hm, disagree with you about Vajda who is a super nice, humble guy. That thing in Madrid is irrelevant and it meant nothing.

As for Nole's family, yes, as I said already, they tend to be very annoying especially his father. His mom also said that stupid thing 'King is dead' and people here reacted as if Djokovic said it, but it has nothing to do with Djokovic who actually managed to mature very well as a tennis player and a young man. Nowadays, Djoko goes after his own bossiness and that's it.

I know you dislike Novak, but you are also exaggerating a lot. sorry babe :)

Evan77
10-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Unfortunately, that is true.
well, calling them trash is a bit too strong tho. They invested everything they had in Djoker, poor people. However, I do think more proper word would be annoying/not that classy than trash.

Murray's mom can be annoying by being over protective and over excited, but she is classy in her interviews.

The-Champ
10-07-2012, 01:04 PM
The first time I knew Toni Nadal was delusional was when he said Federer is greatest ever.

tennis_pro
10-07-2012, 01:05 PM

I think he has lost all of his after his recent statement.

The-Champ
10-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Murray's mom can be annoying by being over protective and over excited, but she is classy in her interviews.

I could never imagine Andy's mom or anyone from his coaching staff humping a bulldozer just because her son beats Rafa on clay.

Crisstti
10-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Toni Nadal: ´Roger Federer is better than Rafael Nadal. The ATP and ´favorable to the Swiss´

Toni Nadal raises the Master end of the year: ´I wonder why you can not play on clay courts´

Is it me or does that seem like something Google translated?.

Cannot find any sources in Portuguese or Spanish to see if there's some mistranslation...

I don't think Toni has seen a carpet or an old grass court, then.

I guess he doesn't describe that as "real tennis", though. This is the only era that a guy like Nadal can win all 4 majors. In every other era he'd have success on clay and maybe win 1 AO with a good draw but not have a prayer at the old US Open or Wimbledon.

Yeah right. He still won them, and beating the best at that. Which wasn't the way some other top player managed to win all 4...

Haha, the way Nadal and his uncle talk, anyone would think that all tournaments used to be played on clay and the atp changed the surfaces overnight to predominantly hardcourts, fast ones at that.

Fact is that the composition of tournaments has been well established for many years. Nadal and his uncle would have known before Nadal ever picked up a racket that most tournaments were played on hardcourts, which happen to be the most neutral surface. Nadal as a kid actually practised a lot more on hardcourts than he ever did on grass and now has spent more tournament time on hardcourts than any other surface, yet they make out as if the predominance of hardcourts is unfair.

That doesn't have much to do with it being fair or not.

Crisstti
10-07-2012, 01:39 PM
It's odd that Toni mentions Rafa's and Fed's ages as reason for them not being friends, and then says he prefers to be friends with guys like Monaco, Ferrer and Feliciano Lopez. Aren't they all close to 30 as well?.

Prisoner of Birth
10-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Is it me or does that seem like something Google translated?.

Cannot find any sources in Portuguese or Spanish to see if there's some mistranslation...

Yeah right. He still won them, and beating the best at that. Which wasn't the way some other top player managed to win all 4...

That doesn't have much to do with it being fair or not.

Federer has made more FO finals than Nadal has USO and AO finals combined. Try again. Thank you.

Evan77
10-07-2012, 01:53 PM
I could never imagine Andy's mom or anyone from his coaching staff humping a bulldozer just because her son beats Rafa on clay.
nope, I'll give you that. Judy is very articulate. It is unfortunate that Djokovic is coming from a 'partisan' family but it is what it is. it's not his fault. at the end I think we all have some interesting characters in our own respective families :).

Nobody is perfect, except Clarky who can't do anything wrong plus she is always right :twisted:

Crisstti
10-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Federer has made more FO finals than Nadal has USO and AO finals combined. Try again. Thank you.

Yep. Finals.

BorisBeckerFan
10-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Assuming these quotes are accurate, it goes to show that not everyone who is good at doing or teaching is good at commenting.

VPhuc tennis fan
10-07-2012, 02:28 PM

Slow even MORE the courts. That's what he was trying to say. Let's play underwater, for instance. How about molasses? Slow enough for ya?
Anything where fewer than 100 strokes/point are considered ILLEGITIMATE!

smoledman
10-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Jiggity jiggity boo.

Evan77
10-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Slow even MORE the courts. That's what he was trying to say. Let's play underwater, for instance. How about molasses? Slow enough for ya?
Anything where fewer than 100 strokes/point are considered ILLEGITIMATE!
lol, make tennis players to play tennis using badminton shuttlecocks instead of tennis balls. Rafa back to #1 in no time :).

timnz
10-07-2012, 02:47 PM
I have to make this clear. I think that Toni is a phenomenal coach. I opened this thread because I just couldn't understand that someone like him who is around tennis so much for so long can't see that fast court tennis doesn't exist anymore and that the courts have been slowed down hugely across the board in the last 10-20 years. Why would he say that the majority are 'super fast' - it just doesn't make sense.

Clarky21
10-07-2012, 03:01 PM
hm, disagree with you about Vajda who is a super nice, humble guy. That thing in Madrid is irrelevant and it meant nothing. As for Nole's family, yes, as I said already, they tend to be very annoying especially his father. His mom also said that stupid thing 'King is dead' and people here reacted as if Djokovic said it, but it has nothing to do with Djokovic who actually managed to mature very well as a tennis player and a young man. Nowadays, Djoko goes after his own bossiness and that's it.

I know you dislike Novak, but you are also exaggerating a lot. sorry babe :)

No he's not. He has a diarrhea of the mouth too. According to him,Andy and **** are going to carry tennis,and have a Fed/Nadal level rivalry. They are the future of tennis,and Fed and Nadal are now irrelevant. You don't see the bs is saying something like that? Especially about Roger Federer?

And sorry,what he did in Madrid DID mean something,and if I said just exactly what I think of him it would get me banned for sure.

Clarky21
10-07-2012, 03:03 PM
lol, make tennis players to play tennis using badminton shuttlecocks instead of tennis balls. Rafa back to #1 in no time :).

Funny coming from a guy whose favorite players best surface is slower than slow hard court. :lol:

Evan77
10-07-2012, 03:08 PM
No he's not. He has a diarrhea of the mouth too. According to him,Andy and **** are going to carry tennis,and have a Fed/Nadal level rivalry. They are the future of tennis,and Fed and Nadal are now irrelevant. You don't see the bs is saying something like that?

And sorry,what he did in Madrid DID mean something,and if I said just exactly what I think of him it would get me banned for sure.
hm, not sure Vajda said that about Nole and Mandy but OK, if he said that he is not that far off considering the fact that Rog is 31yo and Rafa is getting injured all the time. therefore, Novak and Mandy in their prime do become 'future of tennis'.

As for Vajda's celebration I couldn't care less. Anybody can celebrate any way they want to. It's not like they celebrated in front of Rafa's house, not sure what a big deal is. They celebrated in front of their hotel and **** wasn't even there :confused:.

Evan77
10-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Funny coming from a guy whose favorite players best surface is slower than slow hard court. :lol:
yup, you are right, I just tried to be funny but I guess I failed :). No H.C. left btw except Cinci and Dubai.

Clarky21
10-07-2012, 03:13 PM
hm, not sure Vajda said that about Nole and Mandy but OK, if he said that he is not that far off considering the fact that Rog is 31yo and Rafa is getting injured all the time. therefore, Novak and Mandy in their prime do become 'future of tennis'.

As for Vajda's celebration I couldn't care less. Anybody can celebrate any way they want to. It's not like they celebrated in front of Rafa's house, not sure what a big deal is. They celebrated in front of their hotel and **** wasn't there :confused:.

Yes he was there. He is right there in the video cheering him on. Do you need glasses,Evan? Lol.

So,you honestly believe than Andy and **** are going to carry tennis at the same level as Fed and Nadal have? You believe their rivalry will be as popular or desired? Do you believe they will ever have as many fans,or draw as many new fans to the game? I really hope not because I will have to question your sanity if you do.

And Andy and **** are only a year younger than Nadal. Yes,I know Nadal has a lot of mileage on him,but your boy has racked up the miles himself over the past 2 years. Just how long do you think he is going to go winning everything in sight and making finals? His style of play is highly physical as well,you know.

Evan77
10-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Yes he was there. He is right there in the video cheering him on. Do you need glasses,Evan? Lol.

So,you honestly believe than Andy and **** are going to carry tennis at the same level as Fed and Nadal have? You believe their rivalry will be as popular or desired? Do you believe they will ever have as many fans,or draw as many new fans to the game? I really hope not because I will have to question your sanity if you do.

And Andy and **** are only a year younger than Nadal. Yes,I know Nadal has a lot of mileage on him,but your boy has racked up the miles himself over the past 2 years. Just how long do you think he is going to go winning everything in sight and making finals? His style of play is highly physical as well,you know.
I never said that they (Nole/Mandy) will carry tennis or be ever as popular as Rog/Rafa. That will be very hard to achieve but also tennis is not a popularity contest (not to me). Usually the more you win the more popular you become. Rafa's millage is a big problem tho regardless of his young age of 26. Novak also plays a very psychical tennis but he has never suffered from any serious injuries. Mandy was out for almost a year with his wrist injury.

All I'm saying is that Vajda wasn't too off with what he said. as simple as that. Btw, I don't want Rog to retire and I do want to see Rafa 100% healthy as I love tennis and love top 4 rivalries. The thing is Fed will slowly fade away and not sure what to make of Rafa's health etc.

As for that celebration (with or w/o ****), really not sure why it bothers you. I said already they didn't celebrate in front of Nadal's house.

Clarky21
10-07-2012, 03:40 PM
I never said that they (Nole/Mandy) will carry tennis or be ever as popular as Rog/Rafa. That will be very hard to achieve but also tennis is not a popularity contest (not to me). Usually the more you win the more popular you become. Rafa's millage is a big problem tho regardless of his young age of 26. Novak also plays a very psychical tennis but he has never suffered from any serious injuries. Mandy was out for almost a year with his wrist injury.

All I'm saying is that Vajda wasn't too off with what he said. as simple as that. Btw, I don't want Rog to retire and I do want to see Rafa 100% healthy as I love tennis and love top 4 rivalries. The thing is Fed will slowly fade away and not sure what to make of Rafa's health etc.

As for that celebration (with or w/o ****), really not sure why it bothers you. I said already they didn't celebrate in front of Nadal's house.

Maybe you didn't,but The Car Humper did.

Yes it is or else we wouldn't have favorites,or fans. And let's face it,every sport needs stars to thrive,and Andy and **** are not Fed/Nadal level stars.

Not yet,but with his style of play it's bound to happen sooner or later. He beats his body up too.

No,he was way off with that statement because Andy and **** will never be at at the level Fed/Nadal are as he suggested they will be. Never. It will not happen,and they cannot be expected to carry the sport the way Fed/Nadal have for many years.

No,but they threw a block party out in front of the players hotel where everyone,including Nadal and his team could see them. They made such a ruckus out there that the Bryan's were posting on Twitter about it because it woke them up,and even Tweeted pictures of it. It was ridiculous,and totally disrepectful for them to do what they did. Trash is as trash does,though.

Evan77
10-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Dear Clarky (didn't want to quote you again),
just love your wording (Car Humper, lol, hilarious). However we disagree here and that's it. You are still my imaginary internet gf. just can't help it as I like your style.

I said tennis is not a popularity contest to me but if you think it is that's fine with me. Rafa is as popular as Roger if we judge their popularity based on Facebook. They both have around 10 million followers on FB. I think both ****/Mandy have around 3 millions or something like that.

To me the most fascinating rivalry in tennis history is JMac/Borg, but again that's just my personal opinion/preference as most of Fed/Rafa matches have been very one sided (except indoors). We'll see what future brings. Some new kids will show up (hopefully soon) and we'll start all over again.

BauerAlmeida
10-08-2012, 06:02 AM

As for Vajda's celebration I couldn't care less. Anybody can celebrate any way they want to. It's not like they celebrated in front of Rafa's house, not sure what a big deal is. They celebrated in front of their hotel and **** wasn't even there :confused:.

Exactly.

Though Clarky is right about Djokovic's parents. They're really annoying, but I never saw Vajda do anything out of place.

And I also think you'd be singing a different tune if Nadal,Toni,or Nadal's family behaved that way.

I have nothing against Nadal, I don't know why you seem to think i'm a Rafa hater or something :-?. I don't like his style but I respect him a lot and think he is a fantastic tennis players (one of the best ever). And I wouldn't care if his parents or Toni where celebrating like that. If you're not doing it in front of your rival or his team it's fine for me.

TennisCJC
10-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Grass and Hard Courts have been slowed down over the last 10 years significantly so I am not sure what Uncle Toni is talking about.

I prefer that ATP speed up the courts a small amount as we have too much baseline bashing and not enough attacking and net play in the game now.

VPhuc tennis fan
10-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Molasses court. That's what uncle Toni wants.
Reason: For Rafa to rack up another 100 GS titles before his knees give out (or in, or whatever). For Rafa to be considered as the ...GOD (GOAT is of course way inferior than GOD, don't you think?)

Crisstti
10-08-2012, 01:29 PM
I have nothing against Nadal, I don't know why you seem to think i'm a Rafa hater or something :-?. I don't like his style but I respect him a lot and think he is a fantastic tennis players (one of the best ever). And I wouldn't care if his parents or Toni where celebrating like that. If you're not doing it in front of your rival or his team it's fine for me.

But he was doing it in front of his rival, wasn't he?.

Grass and Hard Courts have been slowed down over the last 10 years significantly so I am not sure what Uncle Toni is talking about.

I prefer that ATP speed up the courts a small amount as we have too much baseline bashing and not enough attacking and net play in the game now.

I would think he means most of the tour is played on hard courts = favours Fed over Rafa. Something that has been pointed out here as well.

Evan77
10-08-2012, 01:54 PM
But he was doing it in front of his rival, wasn't he?.

I would think he means most of the tour is played on hard courts = favours Fed over Rafa. Something that has been pointed out here as well.
No, he was NOT. do you understand words coming out of my mouth? Rafito stupido was not there.

No he wasn't celebrating in front of his rival. Get some brain please.
really not sure with you Rafa women being so sensitive to how players/their teams are celebrating their victories against Biceps Steroid Punk. Who gives a *****? is Rafa Qeen of England, NO, he is just a Spanish uneducated dude who can somehow play tennis, winning by pushing and griding with zero tennis skills. No, djokovic was not celebrating his victory in front of Rafa's hotel room. womentards being obsessed with Butpicker, are the worst **** base in tennis history. All you know is Rafa's looks and his biceps and your pretentious Rafa can't do wrong *****, he is da best at everything. just pathetic.

Clarky21
10-08-2012, 02:08 PM
No, he was NOT. do you understand words coming out of my mouth? Rafito stupido was not there.

No he wasn't celebrating in front of his rival. Get some brain please.
really not sure with you Rafa women being so sensitive to how players/their teams are celebrating their victories against Biceps Steroid Punk. Who gives a *****? is Rafa Qeen of England, NO, he is just a Spanish uneducated dude who can somehow play tennis, winning by pushing and griding with zero tennis skills. No, djokovic was not celebrating his victory in front of Rafa's hotel room. womentards being obsessed with Butpicker, are the worst **** base in tennis history. All you know is Rafa's looks and his biceps and your pretentious Rafa can't do wrong *****, he is da best at everything. just pathetic.

Yes he was. He was out IN FRONT OF THE PLAYERS HOTEL FOR ALL TO SEE. Do you understand now,or do you need me to draw you a picture?

He is no more uneducated than **** is. Last time I checked,**** wasn't graduating with a Ph.D in Neuroscience. He is no more educated than Nadal is. Did he even finish school? Nadal did.

Anyway,your entire post was really pushing it,and beyond nasty. Did you have a bad day or something? I think you kind of went overboard with this one,Evan.

And why do you call him "Spanish" as if it's an insult? Do you have something against Spaniards?

cc0509
10-08-2012, 06:53 PM
It's odd that Toni mentions Rafa's and Fed's ages as reason for them not being friends, and then says he prefers to be friends with guys like Monaco, Ferrer and Feliciano Lopez. Aren't they all close to 30 as well?.

WTH would Federer and Nadal have in common aside from both being great tennis players? Nadal likes to hang around other Spanish people, which makes sense since he is Spanish. All of his good friends on tour are Spanish players.

Crisstti
10-08-2012, 07:20 PM
WTH would Federer and Nadal have in common aside from both being great tennis players? Nadal likes to hang around other Spanish people, which makes sense since he is Spanish. All of his good friends on tour are Spanish players.

I don't know, football?. Not my point anyway. I'm saying, them not being friends cannot be because of the age difference because Rafa is friends with several guys around Feds age (as the guys Toni names as examples, for that matter).

Spanish speaking, I think you might mean. And Murray (unless you want to count him as Spanish speaking, which I guess you could).

Prisoner of Birth
10-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Dear Clarky (didn't want to quote you again),
just love your wording (Car Humper, lol, hilarious). However we disagree here and that's it. You are still my imaginary internet gf. just can't help it as I like your style.

I said tennis is not a popularity contest to me but if you think it is that's fine with me. Rafa is as popular as Roger if we judge their popularity based on Facebook. They both have around 10 million followers on FB. I think both ****/Mandy have around 3 millions or something like that.

To me the most fascinating rivalry in tennis history is JMac/Borg, but again that's just my personal opinion/preference as most of Fed/Rafa matches have been very one sided (except indoors). We'll see what future brings. Some new kids will show up (hopefully soon) and we'll start all over again.

Indoors have been one-sided too :)

sbengte
10-08-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm saying, them not being friends cannot be because of the age difference because Rafa is friends with several guys around Feds age

This. Lopez,Monaco,Ferrer are all nearly the same age as Fed.

Spanish speaking, I think you might mean. And Murray (unless you want to count him as Spanish speaking, which I guess you could).

Does Murray speak Spanish ? Guess he would have picked up some since he went to train in Spain at a young age.

reversef
10-09-2012, 12:46 AM

Does Murray speak Spanish ? Guess he would have picked up some since he went to train in Spain at a young age.
Not much. He was in an international academy and everyone spoke english there. Each time he tried to speak spanish with some people, they answered in english. As a consequence, his spanish is very limited.

Crisstti
10-09-2012, 04:15 AM

They are, so that's a weird comment by Toni. For that matter, Moya is older than Fed by a few years.

I don't know what Murray's level is, but he surely speaks some. He lived in Spain a couple years, hangs out with several Spanish speaking players, Danny Valverdu on his team. And there's this:

Q) If you had to spend a year on a desert island with a fellow tennis player, who would it be? (@BethanieGreen)
Play media

No time to reflect - Murray
Apart from my brother, I'd say one of the British guys for sure. Either Ross Hutchins or Colin Fleming. I've known them for a long time. Or Rafa. I'd rather take all three of them to keep things interesting, and we could play doubles. Rafa could teach me better Spanish and I could help his English a bit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18603900

SoBad
10-09-2012, 05:24 AM
Not much. He was in an international academy and everyone spoke english there. Each time he tried to speak spanish with some people, they answered in english. As a consequence, his spanish is very limited.

It could be that the reason they answered in English was because his Spanish was so limited...:confused:

reversef
10-09-2012, 11:32 AM
It could be that the reason they answered in English was because his Spanish was so limited...:confused:
Obviously, you are not good right right from the beginning. If you want to improve your language skills, better speak with people who are patient enough to let you try....

cc0509
10-11-2012, 01:06 AM
I don't know, football?. Not my point anyway. I'm saying, them not being friends cannot be because of the age difference because Rafa is friends with several guys around Feds age (as the guys Toni names as examples, for that matter).

Yes, age is not the issue, it is more the fact that Nadal hangs out with mostly Spanish speaking players, this is no secret. Andy Murray and Nadal do not hang out as far as I have read. They are friendly but Nadal hangs out with the Spanish speaking players.

SoBad
10-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Poor of him... :cry:

We are dealing with a poor near-slamless crooked-tooth Scottish man who endured deep trauma whilst a kid in school.

Prisoner of Birth
10-11-2012, 01:13 AM
We are dealing with a poor near-slamless crooked-tooth Scottish man who endured deep trauma whilst a kid in school.

Meanwhile, Murray is laughing all the way to his bank.

SoBad
10-11-2012, 01:20 AM
Meanwhile, Murray is laughing all the way to his bank.

He had his loot stashed away at the Shanghai central branch of HSBC, which is not insured by the Feds.

Prisoner of Birth
10-11-2012, 01:23 AM
He had his loot stashed away at the Shanghai central branch of HSBC, which is not insured by the Feds.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdkJmv518dBREsgW_7xkyoxMZxo5mAc PCD0--MfpOOWGjD86vJ

Crisstti
10-11-2012, 04:02 AM
Yes, age is not the issue, it is more the fact that Nadal hangs out with mostly Spanish speaking players, this is no secret. Andy Murray and Nadal do not hang out as far as I have read. They are friendly but Nadal hangs out with the Spanish speaking players.

They do hang out at tournaments.

Even Rafa talked once in some interview about a language barrier when asked in he and Fed were friends.

Clarky21
10-11-2012, 05:38 AM

Exactly. I really wish people would stop spouting bs about Nadal's supposed friendship with Andy Murray. It's getting ridiculous at this point.

They do hang out at tournaments.

Even Rafa talked once in some interview about a language barrier when asked in he and Fed were friends.

*Sighs* No.They.Do.Not. They are not friends so would you please stop insisting that they are. Nadal does not have any friends on the tour that are not Spanish speaking. Why do keep perpetuating this bs? Seriously?

Crisstti
10-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Exactly. I really wish people would stop spouting bs about Nadal's supposed friendship with Andy Murray. It's getting ridiculous at this point.

*Sighs* No.They.Do.Not. They are not friends so would you please stop insisting that they are. Nadal does not have any friends on the tour that are not Spanish speaking. Why do keep perpetuating this bs? Seriously?

Really, are we going to have this discussion again?. They say they're friends. Go and tell them they're lying if you want...
Anyway, here we were just talking about them "hanging out during tournaments", which they do. Have you missed Murray posting on Facebook the results of their PES games?.