PDA

View Full Version : Is Djokovic hitting the ball flatter?

RCizzle65
10-07-2012, 01:24 AM
It seems that way in the first few games against Tsonga in Bejing, but I haven't watched him play all week. EDIT: Forgot, I was talking about his forehand.

slowfox
10-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Perhaps. But it seems to me that his forehand has always been a flatter, more "classic" stroke in general. Never seen him live though.

Evan77
10-08-2012, 12:09 PM
He hits FH pretty flat, but I'm not sure he was hitting flatter in Beijing than let's say in New York.

AnotherTennisProdigy
10-08-2012, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't really call it a "classic" forehand.

kishnabe
10-08-2012, 12:23 PM
I don't think so....but if he is then great. The Novak of 07 and early 08 ripped his forehands flat.

Now...it just topspin cc shot that just directs the ball deep.

RCizzle65
10-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Yeah, at first it looked like his 07-08 forehand, but it seemed to go back to normal, or maybe they were just hitting hard the first few games. I miss that Djokovic.

dangalak
10-08-2012, 06:29 PM
His FH CC is better than it's ever been, that's for sure.

Paullaconte1
10-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Yes he is hitting much flatter, I think he is looking for some adjustments for indoor tournaments and that is looking very fine

3fees
10-09-2012, 09:38 AM
If you mean "swing like a gate" from 3 to 9-hip high flat with a wrist roll finish- FH and reverse for back hand, No. Sir Rodney used that and older German National Team Coaches taught that to punish topspin artists returns,,if you mean flatter with top spin,,yeah it appears so from both sides. I seen his latest match with tsonga, his eyes were intense on watching the t-ball.

If you know anything about flat swings then you know the King of Burma hired the then German National Coach-circa late 1960's and early 70's to coach Burma national tennis team(then a record amount of money to a coach)-they were the only ones to beat the powerful austrialian team-everyone of them swang flat---the idea behind swinging flat is that the tennis ball hit flat comes in so fast the topspin player cannot set up in time to make the hit properly, I seen him(german national coach) play a top rated topspin player-he nearly golden setted him for two matches- 2 sets a piece. the topspin player came in to the match with an high ideals-he left the match understanding he just got a lesson from a national master tennis player-coach.

In case you dont know what a national team is, its open players on up playing in a league that travels the world and plays other national teams, few pro's have had the privilege to play on this team of professionals.

:)