PDA

View Full Version : Salzenstein: Reasons Federer will not be number one again...

rommil
10-07-2012, 05:49 AM
Not sure if this has been posted here. The article is from last year of course.

www.jeffsalzensteintennis.com/roger-federer-tennis/

Then followed his crowliscious post when Roger became number 1 again:)

https://www.jeffsalzensteintennis.com/5-reasons-i-was-totally-wrong-about-roger-federer/

Carsomyr
10-07-2012, 05:53 AM
No idea who this is, but at least he ate his crow like a grown up.

Rozroz
10-07-2012, 05:53 AM
yes it has been posted here..

dangalak
10-07-2012, 06:06 AM
What an idiot. "Djokovic and Nadal can keep hitting to Federer's backhand and have their way with him." Yeah that's why Federer keeps abusing Djokovic whenever they play from his BH wing. :lol:

Nadal is probably the only guy in history to be able to do that. A guy like Djokovic would probably mess him up harder if Federer had a 2 hander, like he does with Tsonga and co. Federer is hitting BH down the line winners left and right if Djokovic does that.

(in before somebody posting a video of the FO 2012 SF)

abmk
10-07-2012, 06:07 AM
tbh, while I thought federer would definitely win more majors after AO 2010, I didn't think he'd come back to #1 ...

The Bawss
10-07-2012, 06:20 AM
Lol, why try to make doom and gloom predictions about someone who has that much talent? Not too smart. I don't think he will end the year at #1 but I wouldn't be surprised if he had another brief stint at #1 in 2013.

rommil
10-07-2012, 06:22 AM
yes it has been posted here..

Ok thanks..........for those who have missed it then:)

Sentinel
10-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Thanks a lot. Who is this Jeff ? Jeff the milkman or Jeff the pizza delivery boy ?

dudeski
10-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks a lot. Who is this Jeff ? Jeff the milkman or Jeff the pizza delivery boy ?

The cable guy.

smoledman
10-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Crow is a dish best served cold.

Agassifan
10-08-2012, 12:58 AM
tbh, while I thought federer would definitely win more majors after AO 2010, I didn't think he'd come back to #1 ...

Same here. I can't comprehend that he is #1 with the others in their prime.

PCXL-Fan
10-08-2012, 03:12 AM
It is unlikely that Federer will have the same year end performance as last year, however if he does repectably....

If Djokovic loses in AO final or semifinal to Nadal/Murray or Fed himself, Federer could quite likely regain his No.1 status.

Yes Federer will likely lose #1 status before the year end, but there is another window of opportunity for #1

Sentinel
10-08-2012, 04:21 AM
Same here. I can't comprehend that he is #1 with the others in their prime.

It's a shame that a bunch of 24-25 year olds in the top 4 couldn't prevent a 30-year old veteran on a two-year Slam sabbatical from wresting the number one position from them, and snatching Wimbledon from right under their noses. A few months ago, Dr Zagor put it in words that even Shakespeare could have only dreamt of.:)

jokinla
10-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Salzenstein was a good junior, that's about it, obviously knows little to say this, think he's coaching some WTA girl now.

citybert
10-08-2012, 09:55 AM
was a Stanford Cardinal, on the tour for some years, he had some atp points, but don't think he ever broke top 100. southpaw too

Hood_Man
10-08-2012, 09:59 AM

Same. This year has been a delightful surprise :)

[EDIT]

And fair play to him for accepting his mistake. It's a trait that I aspire to hold, but occasionally fail at. Bravo!

SystemicAnomaly
10-08-2012, 10:47 AM
was a Stanford Cardinal, on the tour for some years, he had some atp points, but don't think he ever broke top 100. southpaw too

Jeff reached #91 on the ATP tour in singles and #58 in doubs according to wikipedia. Went to Stanford on an athletic scholarship and played #1 for the Cardinals for 3 or 4 of his 4 years there, I believe. Was named All-American for 2 of those years. Looks like he had enough of those ATP points to earn more than $600k.

He has posted a bit in the Tips/Instruction forum a fair amount. Has some excellent insight on teaching the game.

Bobby Jr
10-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Salzenstein has shown many times over he doesn't really have a good take on the tour - holistically at least.

dangalak
10-08-2012, 02:41 PM
It is unlikely that Federer will have the same year end performance as last year, however if he does repectably....

Federer is an indoor boss.

Sentinel
10-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Salzenstein has shown many times over he doesn't really have a good take on the tour - holistically at least.

Yeah, Solzhenitsyn was a well-known writer, but dunno what he's doing talkin bout tennis.

Timbo's hopeless slice
10-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah, Solzhenitsyn was a well-known writer, but dunno what he's doing talkin bout tennis.

you should read his masterpiece, The Clay Court Archipelago, it's killer..

natalia
10-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Another candidate for POSITIVELY 4TH STREET.... LOL

Oh well, could be worse.... at least he ate his humble pie....

Bodo is the worst of the pack, he fully deserves it :

You got a lotta nerve
To say you are my friend
When I was down
You just stood there grinning

You got a lotta nerve
To say you got a helping hand to lend
You just want to be on
The side thatís winning

You say I let you down
You know itís not like that
If youíre so hurt
Why then donít you show it

You say you lost your faith
But thatís not where itís at
You had no faith to lose
And you know it

I know the reason
That you talk behind my back
I used to be among the crowd
Youíre in with

Do you take me for such a fool
To think Iíd make contact
With the one who tries to hide
What he donít know to begin with

You see me on the street
You always act surprised
You say, ďHow are you?Ē ďGood luckĒ
But you donít mean it

When you know as well as me
Youíd rather see me paralyzed
Why donít you just come out once
And scream it

No, I do not feel that good
When I see the heartbreaks you embrace
If I was a master thief
Perhaps Iíd rob them

And now I know youíre dissatisfied
With your position and your place
Donít you understand
Itís not my problem

I wish that for just one time
You could stand inside my shoes
And just for that one moment
I could be you

Yes, I wish that for just one time
You could stand inside my shoes
Youíd know what a drag it is
To see you

Dylan

sureshs
10-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Salzy may have been wrong, but he is one of the most well-known Internet coaches out there and people swear by his videos.

dangalak
10-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Salzy may have been wrong, but he is one of the most well-known Internet coaches out there and people swear by his videos.

a guy who think Federer's OHBH is the reason why Djokovic will "have his way with him". :lol:

sureshs
10-09-2012, 12:26 PM
a guy who think Federer's OHBH is the reason why Djokovic will "have his way with him". :lol:

It is well known that Fed's BH can break down.

Remember that many of these guys write something because they have to, under some obligation to somebody.

dangalak
10-09-2012, 12:50 PM
It is well known that Fed's BH can break down.

It has nothing to do with his BH being one handed. It has something to do with his backhand being capable of breaking down.

And I surely am not the only person in the world who notices how much trouble Djokovic has with Federer's OHBH. :lol: Murray and Nadal can attack it, but again, what is this ridiculous BS about Federer's BH being some sort of big hindrance in success? Yeah it is against Nadal, but that ain't exactly news.

I mean, the only thing that this moron was missing, is him saying Federer needs to switch to a bigger frame. :lol:

sureshs
10-09-2012, 12:56 PM
It has nothing to do with his BH being one handed. It has something to do with his backhand being capable of breaking down.

And I surely am not the only person in the world who notices how much trouble Djokovic has with Federer's OHBH. :lol: Murray and Nadal can attack it, but again, what is this ridiculous BS about Federer's BH being some sort of big hindrance in success? Yeah it is against Nadal, but that ain't exactly news.

I mean, the only thing that this moron was missing, is him saying Federer needs to switch to a bigger frame. :lol:

Make up your mind. Is his backhand a hindrance or not? Don't make exceptions for Nadal.

dangalak
10-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Make up your mind. Is his backhand a hindrance or not? Don't make exceptions for Nadal.

Why not?

It is a hindrance against Nadal, but not against most people, because, you know, they are neither lefties, nor do they hit with that much RPM.

sureshs
10-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Why not?

It is a hindrance against Nadal, but not against most people, because, you know, they are neither lefties, nor do they hit with that much RPM.

Nadal was his main rival at one time. So you cannot exclude him.

dangalak
10-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Nadal was his main rival at one time. So you cannot exclude him.

Then he shouldn't have mentioned Djokovic. Should've mentioned Murray instead, who picks on Federer's backhand much better and can handle Federer's slice well, as opposed to Djokovic.